[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Night Mare Nights to close its doors after one final con. Go

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: nmnd-launch-1.jpg (462KB, 2000x833px) Image search: [Google]
nmnd-launch-1.jpg
462KB, 2000x833px
Night Mare Nights to close its doors after one final con.
Go sweetly into that good night. You were always one of the classy ones.

Another one down boys.
>>
>>30743617
I wonder why is it closing?
Are brownie conventions not pulling enough people anymore?
>>
>>30743635
Officially its because the chair is moving states and doesn't want to pass it on.
Unofficially, its been dropping in attendees just like the rest of them.
They barely broke even last con and since they aren't on contact like Bronycon, they're cutting out while they're ahead.
>>
>>30743656
>Officially its because the chair is moving states and doesn't want to pass it on.
Well that's selfish and stupid. I guess it's better to go out with dignity though. I'm excited to meet Faust this year.
>>
I do find it funny that one of the smaller cons has better guests than the 'biggest' con.
Lauren Faust and Larson together alone makes the trip worth it.

How BC thought they could get away without any guests is an amazement.
>>
>>30743617
GOD FUCKING DAMN IT
>>
>>30743617

Bummer. This was arguably the best con.
>>
>>30743617
Now where will I go to party? It's a days drive from me, but it is the closest one! How? HOW?
>>
>>30743617
>First con Jay Fosgitt is invited to formally
>Con is last con

Really gets that brain meat a going.
>>
>>30743617
Things may come, and things may go, some go fast and some go slow, few things last, that's all i know...
>>
>>30743948
oh, c'mon! This shit hit way harder than it had any right to... fuck, now i'm depressed.
>>
>>30743748
Yeah, It's really getting hard not to doom say these days.
Bronycon is down 3000 guests. Many of the smaller ones are closing for good.

I'm really starting to get worried. I don't think think the fandom is dying.
But the golden days are about to turn bronze.
>>
>>30743992
no fandom lasts forever. That's why, instead of being on constant wars over shit, we should try to not fall apart en these dark times.
>>
>>30743992
It's not that I think the numbers were 'inflated' per se, but that a lot of the people who went to the 'big ones' were band wagoners who have since jumped ship to whatever is big now.

The fandom isn't 'shrinking', it's 'settling.'

But sadly the numbers it's settling to may not be enough to justify its own convention.

Here's hoping that Bronycon 2018 gets a lot of celebs and a huge attendance.
>>
File: 1459006935211.png (212KB, 418x323px) Image search: [Google]
1459006935211.png
212KB, 418x323px
>>30743948
but friendship carries on through the ages
>>
>>30744129
The date they chose may help this year. It isn't near any 'big' con like the last two were.
And it's before school lets back in (for collegers)

If they can get some ACTUAL fucking talent then I think they'll be fine.

And if they aren't. If they all have this going for them and they STILL fail, then we will truly know if the fandom can support itself.

I really believe 2018 will be a make it or break it year for BC.
>>
>>30744170
Last year was my first Bronycon (and first pony con in general) and it was amazing seeing all the Mane 6 VAs. While I wasn't exactly in a position to go, seeing the lack of VAs this time around (and no Larson) really cemented in my decision not to go, changing it from a solid "maybe."

I'm also sure that at the very least, the vendor hall will be full as always. I'm not saying "good riddance" or "you're replaceable" to any vendors who said that this was their last Bronycon, but I always hear stories about people getting edged out for BC spots.
>>
>>30744183
This year, they combined the art show and stuff. This was space normally reserved for vendors.
By technical definition, there were literally just less vendors than the previous two years.

If its true that vendors were pushed out, it was BC doing the pushing. And that's just bad management.

But I really don't see someone being that inept to think denying vendors is a good idea.
That's why I'm skeptical over that claim.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.