[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Season 5 is the best season

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 07_Smooze[1].png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
07_Smooze[1].png
1MB, 1600x900px
I've been rewatching the whole show for the past few months and just got through season 5 and I can confirm it's the best season the show has ever had (except possibly 7, which I've barely seen any of). There are a few things I prefer about the earlier seasons, like having more focus on Twilight and having more episodes with songs, although those both have their trade-offs, and Pinkie Pie goes into screech mode a bit too often after season 3, but season 5 is just funnier, more clever, more interesting, and more emotional than any other. Even the Equestria Girls that came out that year wasn't that bad. The characters, aside from Pinkie, are written more subtly; season 1 feels like it's trying to beat into your head what each character's about, especially in episodes that feature all 6, and the chemistry isn't as developed. This is especially true in episodes from any of the first four seasons featuring or referencing the Elements of Harmony, where a pony's personality tends to be boiled down to just their element, some of which don't even fit that well. These are absent from season 5, aside from a subtle appearance in Friendship Games. The letters to Celestia/writing in the diary that used to take up two minutes of every episode disrespecting the audience's intelligence by explaining what any child could already pick up just by watching the episode are also gone. The claims that Twilight somehow lost her personality after becoming a princess are simply wrong. I think the reason people get that impression is that she has less screentime, a trend that's been building since season 1. As I said, it's unfortunate, but when she does get a few lines in she's still the same lovable dork as ever.
>>
File: 1483760920387.png (224KB, 547x598px) Image search: [Google]
1483760920387.png
224KB, 547x598px
>>30735570
Excellent taste. Stay woke my friend, S5 so far has been the best season of pone.
>>
>>30735570
Yeah, we get it, you have been rewatching the show. How many threads do you need for your blog, turd?
>>
>>30735603
>Get this show discussion out of my board. Where are my generals?
>>
>>30735603
I haven't made a thread here since I started rewatching. Been mostly avoiding /mlp/ so I don't get too spoiled on season 7.
>>
>>30735570
I agree with this. I want to say S7 might be better than it but im not sure if were not going to get shit sandwiches for the next couple of months. Recent episode was controversial in a bad way and next one look like another Princess Spike.
>>
>>30735955
>Recent episode was controversial in a bad way and next one look like another Princess Spike.
It's weird getting a taste of all this after Perfect Pear.
>>
>>30735955
>Recent episode was controversial in a bad way

AHAHAHAHA
SALT
>>
File: 1502566010933.png (9KB, 872x503px) Image search: [Google]
1502566010933.png
9KB, 872x503px
>>30735570
Season 5-7 is pure shit.
>>
>>30736741
>You will never get this ass mad at a character
>>
>>30736741
I unironically agree with thia
>>
>>30736741
Starlight was great as a villain, presenting a unique philosophy to oppose the mane 6's. I also like how she was just a powerful unicorn, as opposed to most of the villains who are some sort of monster or embodiment of evil. Subtly inserting her into the background of a few mid-season episodes to show her stalking Twilight only for Twilight to finally notice her in the finale was a touch of brilliance. Her instant 180 at the end is one of the few black marks on season 5 and a sign of the shit season to come.
>>
>>30735570
These are pretty much my thoughts exactly, down to the "not enough character-focused episodes for Twilight" part. I don't even know what to add to this except maybe noting that the fewer episodes with songs are probably mostly the result of usually having one fully musical episode per season (S7 will probably be the exception to this due to the movie eating up Ingram's time), which however tend to have pacing issues if not specifically built around music like The Mane Attraction and A Hearth's Warming Tail.
>>
>>30736809
>the fewer episodes with songs are probably mostly the result of usually having one fully musical episode per season
Yeah, that's what I mean by there being a tradeoff, because I tend to really like the musical episodes. You're right that they can have pacing issues, but damn I just love the music so much I can forgive it.
>>
>Starlight was great as a villain, presenting a unique philosophy to oppose the mane 6's.
Are you fucking retarded?
Starlight was a shit villain with no endgame and no ambition. She's on the same pedestal as Suri Polormare, Gladmane & FlimFlam brothers in terms of villainous intentions. She has a shit backstory and unexplained op powers. She's overall shit and you're overall shit for thinking she's worth something.

She did not deserve a fucking season opening and ending. Her character is more hollow and soulless than any other character on the show.
>>
>>30736901
>no endgame and no ambition
In The Cutie Map she wanted to convert Twilight so she would spread her ideas to the rest of Equestria. That's pretty ambitious. In The Cutie Re-Mark she's just out for revenge, nothing wrong with that.

>She has a shit backstory and unexplained op powers.
The resolution of that episode could have been a lot better, but I never had a problem with the backstory. It's not unusual for ideological beliefs to be the result of a personal experience that leaves a big, perhaps disproportionate, impression on someone at a young age. Her powers are unexplained, but eh, it's not like there's a rule saying there can't be other really powerful unicorns besides Twilight.
>>
File: kil urself.jpg (61KB, 599x655px) Image search: [Google]
kil urself.jpg
61KB, 599x655px
>>30735603
No really kill yourself.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.