[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The /mlp/ Waifu Wars Main League Fall 2017 Edition - Preview/Prediction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4

File: rarity pls.jpg (96KB, 749x659px) Image search: [Google]
rarity pls.jpg
96KB, 749x659px
>What is /mlp/ Waifu Wars?
/mlp/ Waifu Wars is a Wresting League where various mlp canon(possible AU) waifus wrestle each other in a videogame called Fire Pro Returns. So one show you might see Sunset Shimmer vs Starlight Glimmer, and the other you might see Celestia take on Derpy. Think of this like the 4cc, but on a smaller scale and involving only mlp and wrestling... and more explosions. I ain't afraid to book a deathmatch league. However, this is the straightforward babbies league, no explosions, just wrestling... and no Spike reffing either.

>Why Fire Pro Returns over a new WWE Game?
Programmable AI, Deathmatches, allowed to have 500 edits, UFC Fights... It's got more depth in the aspects that's important to running and booking.

>When's the Cytube stream, where's the YT Channel?
There is no cytube stream this time, as we'll all be going to Smashcast(Formerly Hitbox) Livestream, with commentary. https://derpy.me/dN0IH is the link to it if you want to prep yourself.

The Youtube channel is at https://derpy.me/Bg4FN and all matches will be on it after the showing on Smashcast.

>But... there's no hooves on the pones.
The inherent flaw of using any good wrestling game, you'll have to deal with the no hooves.

>Why isn't 'X' in the league?
Either because they were an odd waifu out or just a character I haven't made. You can request waifus, but... they need to be canon ones. Also, they'll probably be added until we hit the 48 waifu limit.

>What about OCs/Horsebandos?
Uhhhh... maybe someday? Not saying they won't wrestle on random matches, but making a league? I don't know if there's enough big names, though I know some of you could point out a number.

>When does the league start.
League will start first week of September. Dates will come soon, when I know schedules.
>>
Yes, I know, Rarity's header images. Here's the list of this year's groups if you want to start making predictions for who will advance out of the groups to the 8-Waifu Tourney.

Group A would be: Chrysalis, Fluttershy, Treehugger, Maud
Group B would be: Dash, Twilight, Celestia, Lyra
Group C would be: Sunset, Pinkie, Cadence, Trixie
Group D would be: Luna, Vinyl, Tavi, Spitfire
>>
Order of matches:

Day 1:
Group A:
Chrysalis vs Fluttershy
Treehugger vs Maud Pie

Group B:
Rainbow Dash vs Twilight Sparkle
Princess Celestia vs Lyra Heartstrings

Group C:
Sunset Shimmer vs Pinkie Pie
Princess Cadence vs Trixie

Group D:
Princess Luna vs Vinyl Scratch
Octavia Melody vs Spitfire

Day 2:
Group A:
Chrysalis vs Treehugger
Fluttershy vs Maud Pie

Group B:
Rainbow Dash vs Princess Celestia
Twilight Sparkle vs Lyra Heartstrings

Group C:
Sunset Shimmer vs Princess Cadence
Pinkie Pie vs Trixie

Group D:
Princess Luna vs Octavia Melody
Vinyl Scratch vs Spitfire

Day 3:
Group A:
Chrysalis vs Maud Pie
Fluttershy vs Treehugger

Group B:
Rainbow Dash vs Lyra Heartstrings
Twilight Sparkle vs Princess Celestia

Group C:
Sunset Shimmer vs Trixie
Pinkie Pie vs Princess Cadence

Group D:
Princess Luna vs Spitfire
Vinyl Scratch vs Octavia Melody

Day 4 - Tournament.
>>
MY WAIFU IT'S BETTER THAN YOUR WAIFU.
>>
>>30731303
OH YEAH LET'S SEE HER PROVE THAT IN THE RING
>>
>>30731209
>>30731219
>>30731243
Fucking sweet, it's back!

Go Chryssi!
>>
>>30731303
>>30731365
Only one Waifu will win.\

>>30731492
It's predictions and previews for two weeks and then... well, we start hard with Day 1 probably on one of the weekend days.

It's going to be fun to do, for sure.
>>
File: 1410271.jpg (2MB, 2652x2652px) Image search: [Google]
1410271.jpg
2MB, 2652x2652px
>>30731209
Wait, where did AJ go?
Wasn't she in previous Waifu War?
>>
>>30731597
She was in the original league and lost all her matches to get demoted to Babbies.

She was then in the Babbies league and did not get promoted to the main league, finishing 3rd in her block.
>>
>>30731597
APPLEFAGS BTFO
>>
>>30731839
Maybe she'll do better when Babbies comes back around... Though that'll be the Deathmatch league for them.
>>
>>30731209
Have you uploaded the saves for the couches somewhere yet?
>>
>>30731888
oh dear
>>
>>30732433
I'm doing the conversion today.

First file output's going to be a .MAX file though.
>>
>>30733897
Here's the Waifu Wars roster for the coaches or those that are looking to be coaches.

Please note, right now it's only a .max file, as I only have an AR Max in real life for that stuff. More file outputs will come in time, based on demand.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/e3f9x26pq7omhf2/mlp%20Waifu%20Wars%20Roster.max
>>
>>30734102
Please note, this is pretty much just the DJKM save that I'm using as a base with a whole lot of pones and pone related stuff. Crediting him for a whole lot of content for the save.
>>
Downloading everything back from YT in preparation to make an attempt at a hype video.
>>
I never heard of this event, consider me hyped
>>
>>30735040
Past two leagues have had highlight videos made, if you want to see examples of stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gdZuRpZXZY - Main League Spring 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GZZC1kdhRU - Babbies League Summer 2017
>>
>>30735113
Thanks
>>
>>30734102
I finally got the save to work, it took me a while to relies there are a bunch of non waifu wars wrestler to sift through
>>
>>30735167
The first company in the list is all the edits, if you right thumbstick down it switches between the waifu wars and non-waifu wars edits, or it should.
>>
>>30734102
Can you remind me what the couches are allowed to mess with?
>>
>>30735287
Logic settings.

Only the Personality Traits, Discretion, and Flexibility, because they tend to affect everything the most.

Just remember, the game is wrong, it's not a YES/NO trigger but a LOW/HIGH trigger because of the mistranslation.

There might be a time I open the full thing to others, but I don't want to push too much on you coaches yet.
>>
>>30735327
So the more YES it is the higher the stat? a example being I make Flexibility more NO so she sticks to her plan more
>>
>>30735360
Yes would be low, No would be high.

Yes, I know, translation is that bad.
>>
>>30734102
How do I set up the game mode to practice? Is it a normal exhibition, what about over rope rule, com skill etc? also does the ring, venue, referee or speed affect the outcome?
>>
>>30735402
This Waifu Wars is a normal exhibition set for a 30 minute time limit. Countouts are on and there's no lumberjack settings.

Different refs can change the outcome because they have different stats as well.

Ring, Venue, Speed do not change outcomes.

However, if you're going to repeatedly do one matchup over and over, you might get to a point where the game repeats the exact same fight, so you'll have to buffer in new fights to clear the cache.
>>
>>30735424
>Different refs can change the outcome because they have different stats as well.

What are the stats of the ref you'll be using?
>>
>>30735465
We'll be rotating in Taker, Spike, and Anon randomly for matches.
>>
>>30735402
>>30735424
Lets see if I did this right. Both CPU. Rule 3 count. Over-rope OFF. Time 30 mins. COM Skill 4. Rope ON. Lumber OFF. DQ ON. Outside ON. Critical Medium.
>>30735493
So if I use a ref with average in everything that should give me a good feel on how to win?
>>
>>30735553
You've got it, that's the new setup.

>>30735553
Yes, and the ref with average stats is Taker.
>>
>>30735568
Is running best of 3 the same as 2 to 3 singles?
>>
>>30735698
2 out of 3 falls, but health doesn't recover in between matches.
>>
>>30735708
>health doesn't recover in between matches.
That explains the 4 min win
>>
>>30735714
Yepppp.
>>
Cadence didn't like the refs 2.9 count so she throw Trixie into him, in one of my tests
>>
>>30736378
Hahaha, nice.
>>
>>30736378
Pinkie did it to
>>
>>30737301
And sunset makes 3 ref abusers
>>
>>30731209
the derpy links are not working for me
>>
>>30737839
Me nether
>>
>>30737839
>>30737845
Derpy.me's down... apparently.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIPcLqjfGxfVS4PlUEXo4fA is the YT

https://www.smashcast.tv/EquestrianWrestlingEnt is the smashcast.
>>
>>30737907
thanks
>>
>>30737911
You're welcome.
>>
>>30735327
Personally I would love more customization for my waifu, I've bin looking up how the game works and there are a lot of things I'd like to try. theory crafting synergistic builds is one of my favorite things to do
>>
File: header.jpg (58KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
58KB, 460x215px
Transferring all these edits to Fire Pro Wrestling World when.
>>
>>30739140
In all truths, you can still try stuff like that, because I might open up the whole... 'edit whatever besides appearance' thing down the line, but the major issue with that is you've got people making shootfighters to just win.

>>30739169
Probably sometime when the game ends Early Access. As much as I love it currently, there's still a level of unfinished that it has(and there's still more edit parts/moves/etc to be added) and I'm looking for that to change before I start throwing converts at the wall.

But I have been screwing around with it.
>>
>>30739547
On another note, the game's also pretty slow to load and run because it tends to load each wrestler individually in the menu.

So really, I'm waiting on the UI and general outside things(video support and such) to improve before I start going heavy into it for anything Waifu Wars.
>>
>>30739721
but has she won
>>
>>30740538
Not yet.
>>
>>30739547
>the major issue with that is you've got people making shootfighters to just win.

I can see that being a issue, it might be hard to balance but what if you made a ban list of skills and moves to weed out any no fun unbeatable builds
>>
>>30742004
Issue with that is it differs from set to set. As in fight style actually affects how good the moves you use are. Like, if you're a speed guy using power moves, it's not as good as if you used speed moves.

Each move has a 'rank' assorted with it, from A to E, which determines how well the move meshes with the style.
>>
>>30742664
>Each move has a 'rank' assorted with it, from A to E, which determines how well the move meshes with the style.

I've found mixed messages on that some say it only effects breath consumption others say it effects damage too.

>Issue with that is it differs from set to set.
When I said ban no fun op skills I meant styles
>>
>>30742701
I might just force you all to stick to the same skill/parameter tree(except for maybe one or two things).
>>
>>30742714
That could work too. I'm most interested in playing around with move sets
>>
>>30742727
Feel free to do so, such a thing is hard to tweak on Returns because then I have to do individual transfers with everyone's full updates, or just have everyone type out every change.

With World, it might end up being a boatload easier.
>>
Holy shit there is a move where you stab them in the back of the neck with a fork
>>
>>30742751
You found Abdullah the Butcher's favorite move, congrats.
>>
>>30742742
Is there a easier way to find a particular move then just scrolling?
>>
>>30742766
Unfortunately, no.
You can hold L2 or R2 to scroll faster through the list.
>>
Also, I do recommend possibly getting Fire Pro World or keeping an eye on it because we'll be switching over to that... eventually.
>>
bump for Waifu Wars.
>>
So, World's gonna have custom MP3's very very soon, so... this could be very fun for Waifu Wars.... When we make the swap.

Still won't be till sometime in 2018 at the earliest, 2019 at the latest.
>>
M Y W A I F U I S T H E B E S T
>>
>>30744454
Is she in the main league though?
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.