[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your honest, meme-free opinion on EQD?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: eqd.png (428KB, 1094x349px) Image search: [Google]
eqd.png
428KB, 1094x349px
What is your honest, meme-free opinion on EQD?
>>
>>30706232
dunno, i dont go there.
>>
>>30706232
I visited twice, it's just a brony blog
>>
File: ExplodingPonyToast.jpg (113KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
ExplodingPonyToast.jpg
113KB, 1000x750px
>is in charge of the Ponies at Dawn album and EQD's music posts
>has a public image as a great guy who loves ponies and the fandom
>he's praised even on /mlp/ for this
BUT
>bans remixes of show songs from ponies at dawn
>rejects multiple songs for having too many pony samples
>makes the covers subtle as fuck
>defends faggots like Silva Hound and Vylet Pony
>is generally trying to remove ponies from pony music

Fuck ExplodingPonyToast
>>
Go to bed.
>>
>>30706232
I love it and it doesn't deserve the shit it gets. Sethisto is awesome and they do a good job of posting news and fan content every day.
People only ever say they hate EQD because of the comments section which I agree with, but it's retarded to hate EQD as a whole because of its commenters. Just don't go to the comments, dumbasses. They're inconsequential easily avoidable.
>>
>>30706232
Pretty fair for its day (as in the early 2010s), but pretty stale and mediocre now that so many people have left.
Just like the show.
>>
>>30706232
Good source of news and ignore the rest.
>>
>>30706232
Its golden age is long gone
>>
>>30706264
I thought I was the only one who thought this about him. He doesn't seem like an advocate for ponies and the fandom like you'd expect him to be. It's disappointing.
>>
>>30706308
The mods kiss ass constantly, whether it be a "horsefamous" individual or show staff. They do not question or express distaste, like with what happened with the changelings.
>>
>>30706232

Didn't care for it in 2011, and I don't care for it now. Disposable site that slows down my potato PC.
>>
>>30706697
They just post news and fan content; they're not a review website like IGN for ponies. However if you did go to EQD you'll see that they do have community soapbox posts in which they let anyone submit their opinions on certain things having to do with mlp, even if it's totally negative critically.
>>
>>30706264
Shitstains like that should just fuck out of the fandom tbdesu
>>
>>30706232
Never actually been to the site, going on 7 years. Don't see the point of it.
>>
>>30706264
Everyone wants to be Monstercat.
>>
>>30706232
fake news
horesnewsmlp is my only source
>>
>>30707258
Horsenews is good too but a lot slips through it.
>>
>>30707258
Saying Horse News is better than EQD like they're comparable is retarded.
Eqd posts mlp news and fandom content, horse news reports on fandom drama and conventions.
Also EQD arent reporters who give their own opinions on things; eqd just posts new stuff. Horse News gives their opinions and personal experiences with things like conventions and whatnot.
Saying horse news is better than eqd is like saying pancakes than fresh steak. They're two different things that have different purposes.
>>
File: hey_by_xwhitedreamsx-db1g975.png (557KB, 1024x1007px) Image search: [Google]
hey_by_xwhitedreamsx-db1g975.png
557KB, 1024x1007px
It's pretty good.
>>
Their wallpaper threads are fucking shit. I don't want generic pony vector on abstract triangle background with glowy shit #29956, I want some actual good fucking art.
>>
>>30706264
Silva Hound did nothing wrong
>>
>>30706232
Proof that anything that comes from mlpg is shit
>>
>>30706308
Fairly decent for knowing what's going on.
But...
>People only ever say they hate EQD because of the comments section
No. I hate EQD because the mods are powerdrunk on the tiny amount of power they can exert on thier internet horse feifdom.

Mostly because it is utter irredeemable shite for fiction, since the approval process basically consists of "does the current mod like you".
There's a shit ton of "rules" that have to be followed to get your story on there, but most annoyingly these rules are not applied for everyone equally.
It is the most cliquey, insular, and capricious place you could ever imagine if you are a writer.
Unless you are already horsefamous, in which case you get top billing every damn page just for existing.

Same is true for othe content creators.
For example, Friendship is Witchcraft and Mentally Advanced.
FiW got hyped to fuck and more or less constant attention.
MA got one blog entry and then nothing else.
I vastly preferred MA, and had to go looking elsewhere for it b/c the "main" horse news site just didn't fucking cover it for whatever mysterious reason. (At a guess: Favouritism)

tl;dr
>>30706467
>>
>>30706232
I'm only monitoring it for the show/movie news. Sometimes I find some nice art there too. Just avoid the comments section and it's fine.
>>
>>30707544

MA was pretty shit back in the day. It was just one guy overdubbing the show in an obnoxious voice.

FiW had a team, catchy songs, and the works. MA only got impressive when it started being animated.
>>
>>30706232
It's okay for basic news site. Sethisto and others have more weighted out opinions on things but Illustrous Q is too much of a shill. He and Hn Snork have literally zero idea on what crticism even is, but at least Hn snork is not working in EQD.
>>
>>30707544
Powerhungry mods are irrelevant if you don't bother with the comments.
>>
>>30707642
>It was just one guy overdubbing the show in an obnoxious voice.
So, like DWK?
>>
>>30707655
DWK nails that shit.

His delivery makes Mentally Advanced sound like one of those PROUDtoBEaBRONY youtubers with 10 subs, a lisp, and an intro talking on camera in fedora for 5 minutes thanking his invisible commenters for being his best friends.
>>
>>30706232
I like it. pretty handy for links to new episodes.
>>
>>30707750
Except dwk's new videos are reviews now.
>>
File: Why.gif (2MB, 448x252px) Image search: [Google]
Why.gif
2MB, 448x252px
>>30706232
>tfw I sit down with a cup of coffee every morning and unironically browse EQD because I have absolutely nothing better to do with my life
>>
>>30706232
I don't know
I don't care
Sounds awful
>>
>>30707403
>>30707306
yeah HN has a niche - all the drama and fucked up shit that could never be shown on EQD, and OCCASIONALLY regular stuff that they feel EQD is taking too long to post about

they used to have some satire posts but those died off after I think they realized there's enough REAL dumb shit to post about, without the effort of making it satire
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.