[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Earth Ponies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 12.png (302KB, 443x496px) Image search: [Google]
12.png
302KB, 443x496px
Do Earth ponies need to be buffed? A kid's show shouldn't teach people that you can only be important if you have magic or wings. I dunno. I'm not begging for "Glimmer equality" or anything, just a way to make Earth ponies as interesting as magic or flying. Individuality's cool.

I mean, of the Earth ponies we know, Pinkie breaks physics purely for gags, Maud only showed superhuman (superpony?) strength a couple times (while also failing to push Holder's boulder back up the cliff in Hearthbreakers), and AJ only displays her above average strength sporadically. I can't think of any other unique Earth ponies.

Hell, maybe Earth ponies should just be smarter by default to make them experts in science to level the playing field with engineering feats or something. Or make them strong enough to lift things that magic from a single unicorn can't?
>>
>>30681349
nobody has studied geology like Maud did

therefore,in order to become a powerful earth pony,they have a way to be the master race

until then,the other races rock instead
>>
They tend to excel in baking/cooking, farming, and physical labor. They are the working class pony and in that are unique. They provide for the others.
>>
>>30681349
>Earth ponies should just be smarter
Unicorns are the smart ones. Mudponies are supposed to be rednecks and background fodder and show will die long before anyone on the writing staff would even consider making them less shit.
>>
>>30681366
Sounds very background character-ish. Makes them underrated because they're not all sparkly and cool.
>>
>>30681372
They're simple and sweet. Nothing wrong with that.
>>
Earth ponies don't need any buffs/debuffs.
Neither do Pegasi.
However, Unicorns - for the sake of a better plot - should be a mythical species of pony.
All characters that utilise magic through horns should lose said traits.
Magic should be exclusive to those who have delved deep in to it's origins and utilised the right methods to effectively cast spells.

Twilight can be a unicorn of which one is only born once every thousand years.
Then Starlight can come along much later down the line as another who'd been shunned by those around her on the outskirts of Equestria.
Have an underlying tension between earth ponies and pegasi which remains very much buried for the entirety of the show.
>>
>>30681382
I agree, they're cool. I just wished more people realised that. It's like being on the opposite side of the spectrum relative to alicorns. Something just feels... wrong that one is much more easily marketable.
>>
>>30681394
Your unicorns are current alicorns.
>>
>>30681349
They simply aren't anything special. Same as most of pegasi or unicorns. Yeah flying or magic is pretty cool, but most ponies don't really capitalise it in any way.
And earth ponies are just earth ponies. Nothing less and nothing more.
>>
>>30681394
cont.
Every pony couple has a chance of birthing a unicorn; around a 0.00000001% chance.
>>30681403
There are no alicorns. If you want alicorns, have unicorns riding pegasi in to battle.
Celestia is an earth pony whilst Luna is a pegasus. Both have researched and mastered the ways of magic and use alternative methods to cast spells.
>>
>>30681406
There are entire episodes about flying (Hurricane Fluttershy) and magic (Every Little Thing She Does). It's nice and quirky because they're things most humans aren't capable of. Earth ponies are there to fill in the gaps with ordinary stuff we're already familiar with which is a tad bit boring.
>>
>>30681420
>a scene with (unicorn) Twilight holding on tight, riding atop of Rainbow Dash, before dishing out bolts of projectile magic to the opposition.
I could dig it.
>>
>>30681425
And? They are boring simple as that. Not everyone needs to be special snowflake, we have more interesting ponies and less interesting ponies. They aren't equal.
>>
>>30681420
I get a little horny every time you use numbers as a part of your argument. What do you mean alternative methods?
>>
File: starlightglimmer4.png (476KB, 964x720px) Image search: [Google]
starlightglimmer4.png
476KB, 964x720px
>>30681455
>not equal
>>
>>30681459
Applying substances to their manes or coats, utilising staves imbued with magic, commanding their guard and loyal subjects or in times of desperation; the very ponies they look over to protect, to gallop across terrain to form magic circles from their tracks.
>>
>>30681349
I believe reading somewhere that earth ponies can use their tails as an extra appendage, basically, and that while pegasi and unicorns can move their tails they can't grab or hold onto anything. Although I wouldn't be surprised if the show betrayed that idea by now.
>>
>>30681540
Applejack can bake pies with her butt.
>>
>>30681551
I want to bake a pie in Applejack's oven.
>>
>>30681557
You would probably burn the farm down.
>>
>>30681551
That honestly sounds disgusting & shouldn't be considered as something ALL earthponies should be able to do!
>>
>>30681551
I want to be a pie being birthed by Applejack's butt.
>>
>>30681567
Let's stop being degenerate & get back on the rails(topic)!
>>
File: IMG_7067.gif (718KB, 920x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7067.gif
718KB, 920x750px
>>30681349
I'm sick of this "earth ponies are useless" meme

Just because their qualities aren't immediately apparent doesn't mean they don't have any. It's like how /v/ thinks PC is the greatest just because it has the best graphics.
>>
They should have extreme endurance and have the ability to resist magic if they really want to.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.