[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well this is nice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 21

File: glimmering.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
glimmering.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>Ostensibly mane six focused episode
>its another "glimmer is going to save the day with her magic" Scenario instead

Oh hai
>>
Expecting a mane six episode?
TOO BAD, GLIMMER TIME
>>
decided to make a new thread after getting btfo in the last one huh
>>
>>30670690
is this another one of those things they could've had twilight do but will make glimmer do it because haber?
>>
Can we please just remove Starlight from the show already?
>>
File: 1497568384144.png (374KB, 604x623px) Image search: [Google]
1497568384144.png
374KB, 604x623px
Or maybe, just maybe, it's the m7 episode we've been waiting for since the start of S6?
I'm just saying, not trying to shit on your doompauling or anything I swear
>>
>>30670690
Look Glimfags, pushing any character this hard in the show is bad, doesnt matter who it is.
>>
File: 1478283072853.png (144KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1478283072853.png
144KB, 600x600px
>>30670880
>M7
but I don't see Sunset anywhere in that episode anon
>>
>>30670830
not sure what thread you're talking about mate.

>>30670835
Nah, you see, its going to have all of the six act like spazzes so then starlight can come in and friendship speech them to make them realize they're fucking up.
Starlight's got to be a fuckup too to make the glimmer plot work here.

>>30670865
>removing starlight
>when she's being center stage of things likes Mirror magic or this episode
Got bad news for you if you think they're getting rid of her.
>>
>>30670690
Well, I'm disappointed, but at least we'll actually get to see Glimmer interact with the Mane 6, for probably the first time since she was introduced.
>>
>>30670690
does anyone know why Kelly Sheridan joined the show and left Barbie behind after 2015?
>>
File: smugshim.png (942KB, 1001x861px) Image search: [Google]
smugshim.png
942KB, 1001x861px
>>30670898
Shimsham can't be M7 because they're not even ponies, stoopid
If they ever send her to Equestria tho, I'll be more than happy to call them m8
but we both know it won't happen
>>
>>30670906
More money I guess.
I think she even pays the writers to use Starlight in more episodes.
>>
File: 1476229791849.png (379KB, 2405x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1476229791849.png
379KB, 2405x1333px
>>30670906
>>
File: 3378493.png (234KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
3378493.png
234KB, 600x600px
>>30670900
I kind of want her to be a princess and take over the show at this point just to see how the fandom will react. You just know that some people are going to defend the show no matter what happens.
>WOW! GLIMMER! You're so much better of a friend than I am. I'm going to step down as princess of friendship just for you because you're just so great!
>>
>>30670906
She auditioned for every main character on the show and wanted to work on it from the start.
MLP is a bit of a step up from barbie, that shit is trash.
>>
>>30670910
Sunset is a pony, though.
She's a race traitor.
>>
>>30670690
>willingly watching the millionth "Glimmer saves the day abusing her magic and everyone else is a fucking idiot" episode
Do people really do that? You know that "hurr durr you can't skip episodes" is a meme invented by autists, and no one really gives a fuck if you skip episodes that are obviously shit, right?
>>
Why the fuck is glimmer in here?!

This is supposed to be a goddamned mane six episode about the journal THEY fucking wrote. What the fuck is glimmer even here for?!
>>
>>30670943
>>30670947
>"Stop liking what I don't like, REEEEEEEEEEEEE"
>>
File: big-jim-miller-3.01.jpg (18KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
big-jim-miller-3.01.jpg
18KB, 210x240px
>>30670947
It doesn't need to make sense because It's for little girls, and it can be shit. Shut up.
>>
File: 1500974.jpg (18KB, 258x368px) Image search: [Google]
1500974.jpg
18KB, 258x368px
>>30670947
because bitch,money calls until it fails and everything falls apart, which is funny considering Canterlot Boutique
>>
>>30670943
I want to know what it is that I'm complaining about.
If the mane 6 actually do act retarded and Starlight has to save the day because she's better than everypony else I am for real going to drop this show. I've had just about enough of this shit. The only reformed villain done right in this show is Discord and that was only AFTER the season 4 finale. Can't wait for the GLIMGLAM to reform Queen Chrysalis.
>>
>>30670960
I wasn't aware glimmer was selling that well, especially compared to other ponies in the show that get less screentime (or the mane six)
>>
File: autism.jpg (31KB, 567x561px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
31KB, 567x561px
>>30670954
>"if you don't watch muh Glimmy episodes, you're trying to make me stop liking her"
Uh huh.
>>
>>30670947
I don't know if you realize this but the staff don't have a set goal of minimizing the episodes that starlight appears in.
>This is supposed to be a goddamned mane six episode
oh shit do you write the storyboard?
>What the fuck is glimmer even here for?
She lives with twilight.
>>
File: 1501690935889.png (183KB, 750x1375px)
1501690935889.png
183KB, 750x1375px
>>30670947
Is it settling in yet? Are you finally beginning to understand just how fucking unnecessary Starlight is as a character?
>>
>>30670964
>inb4 the episode is about the mane six refusing to talk to each other, and Glimmer has to talk to each of them individually to trick them into the friendship castle, where she uses magic to make them experience all their friendship lessons again and make up.

Considering she promised not to do magic on her friends, that story would be particularly egregious.
>>
>>30670966
I did actually mean an irony about pushing her and the contract she could have behind

about her sales,I ask myself if they have sold something,because they are still using the old mane to sell her
>>
>>30670964
>If the mane 6 actually do act retarded and Starlight has to save the day because she's better than everypony else I am for real going to drop this show.
You described the episode. I can guarantee you that the episode is going to be exactly that. But, you know, instead of dropping the show you can just skip episodes that are obviously shit. Because, again, there's no fucking reason to watch every single episode when it's become obvious that no one gives a fuck about the show and terrible episodes are mixed without a care with great episodes. Just ignore the terrible episodes.
>>
>>30670980
>mane 6 conveniently forget everything they've ever done together as friends and everything they've ever learned about friendship just to give Starlight Glimmer an excuse to remind them of it even though she was NEVER EVEN FUCKING THERE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEr
pls no.
>>
>>30670983
>contract she could have behind
I doubt they would have given out a contract to a VA THAT powerful.
That's an absurdly powerful requirement for your character to be featured heavily, that's like hulk hogan level contract power.
>>
>>30670978
Except if they wrote Twiggy as they had during season 4 and 5 where she learned how to be an example for her friends, Poochie makes sense.

The problem is that season 7 has rolled back the characters AGAIN despite Twiggy last season being 'yeah I need to trust my protege because thats what Celestia did with me'.

Don't blame the problems in the show on Glimmer's dynamic. It's all because DHX is having issues keeping the characters straight after 7 seasons (more like 3 seasons since season 4 had them act like it's season 1 and 2 again aside from lolDBZ).
>>
It sounds more like the background ponies are arguing about the friendship lessons not the m6.
>>
>>30671013
Wait hol up.
*Smacks empty script*
Iz you sayin that DHX.
*Shoots the ceiling at the range*
That they don't know how to write n sheeet?
>>
>>30671005
then,the only logical thing is that DHX is writing old ideas they had for Twilight and applying the core of those but changing the roles in the final scripts
that and combine the "reasons"(not only money) Haber and company have to push her
>>
>>30670980
>"Considering she promised not to do magic on her friends"
>implying she won't break her promise for the sake of the plot
>implying she won't be praised after doing so, now that the show decided that Starlight abusing her magic on others is a Good Thingâ„¢
>>
File: 4838284.png (38KB, 581x643px) Image search: [Google]
4838284.png
38KB, 581x643px
I don't think I've ever been more angry about a fictional character as I have Starlight Glimmer. I don't think it's healthy to hate something that doesn't exist with this much vigor.
Her portrayal makes me upset on a spiritual level.
>>
I'm only getting more and more convinced that I made the right choice on stopping watching the show (the last episode I saw was the S6 finale). I will only come back if/when Glimmer is removed, until then, I'll stick with Glimmer-free EqG content
>>
File: 32898284.png (27KB, 434x554px) Image search: [Google]
32898284.png
27KB, 434x554px
>>30671066
>he doesn't know
>>
>>30671066
>Glimmer-free EqG content
anon...
>>
>>30671066
I'm so sorry.
>>
>>30671066
>EQG
>free of Glimmer
Houston,we've got a problem
>>
Obviously no one wants to see her steal the show again but is anyone actually opposed to Glimmer interacting more with the Mane 6?
>>
>>30671066
Why are you still here?
>>
>>30671116
I just don't care about her. She doesn't interest me in the slightest and doesn't do anything for the show that the currently existing characters can't already do better with more character development and existing relations with characters. Obviously interacting with the mane 6 would help this problem but then she's taking screentime away from characters I actually do care about. It's a catch 22.
>>
>>30670929
>She auditioned for every main character on the show and wanted to work on it from the start

source?
>>
>>30671138
http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Kelly_Sheridan#
It has the citations.
>>
>>30671116
>>30670880
>Or maybe, just maybe, it's the m7 episode we've been waiting for since the start of S6?
Two gripes. The mane 6 have a problem, Starlight doesn't. If she's there, it's because she's the one who will solve everything, worfing everyone else. Also, she's casting a spell to solve that problem, which means that the episode doesn't look at all like an episode where she just spends time with the other ponies.
This doesn't look at all like the "m7 episode" I wanted to see during season 6. And at this point I don't give a fuck about Starlight, she had a season and a half to do /anything/ with the mane 6, and everything she does is being perfect and saving everyone while the mane 6 are dumbed down for no fucking reason. Fuck the "mane 7", it's way too late for that. And after this episode it will be even later.
>>
>>30671153
>Prior to being cast as Starlight Glimmer, Sheridan had "tried for years" to get a role in the series, having auditioned for all of the main characters.
>When notified about the role of Starlight by her agent, Sheridan recorded an audition in her hotel room while on layover in Kuala Lumpur.

I think this is one of the reasons the show is still sadly going currently.
>>
>>30671163
Rule 1 of starlight episodes: She can ONLY be in the episode if she's the one who solves the problem that others have and the solution revolves around her.
>>
>>30671136
>she's taking screentime away from characters I actually do care about.

You shouldn't let yourself worry about this. You're basically saying you're upset that Starlight episodes are taking up a slot that another hypothetical episode that may not have even been conceived. Considering the episode distribution, it's clear to me that mane 6 episodes get priority, so it's not like the writers chose a Glimmer episode over a mane 6 episode.

>>30671188
Counterpoint:
Spice Up Your Life
Times Are A Changeling
Top Bolt
Fluttershy Leans in
Rock Solid Friendship
>>
>>30671220
there's a fun fact about Top Bolt.Starlight appears silently in the episode but Kelly only speaks as one of the Wonderbolts.

It's one of those times where a minor character gets her voice featured instead of the relevant one.
>>
>>30671163
Starlight will most likely be there to serve as an outsiders perspective of the whole thing.
>>
>>30670690
Wait a minute. The mane6 are having a friendship problem. Does that mean the map will call starlight to solve it?
>>
>>30671220
Did she cast a spell in either of those episodes? The complaint isn't "Starlight is in the episode, dropped", but "she's using her magic again", it's not crazy to imagine that she's using her magic to solve the mane 6 problem.
>>
>>30671465
Not that guy, but the complaint as I understand it was 'Glimmer isn't in an episode unless she's the one solving the problem,' which is false.
>>
>>30671031

I'm saying that DHX has no option but to do this.

Could have ditched the Mane 6 at the end of Season 4 with Tirek since the elements don't matter now and their primary function is defunct. Have them replaced with the misfit crew and have THEM go through the motions, allowing new flaws to be solved instead of rolling back to shit that repeats itself all the time.

You can hate Glimmer all you want but at least her growth is consistent with the story she's involved in. She's currently the best written character in the series because she's the only character with a vague enough story that she can be written well.

Instead now they have to go MUH PARENTS or MUH GLIMGLAM because the Mane 6 are plumbed out. Instead of giving Twiggy her own kingdom in Ponyville and having her be the Celestia figure for a new group of characters, new or old, we got mishmashed stories that require heavy fan pandering to be acceptable which only compounds the problems that the series has from a dynamic point of view.

I'm hoping 4.5 gen when it hits, and it will, decides to change up the formula and move towards a new cast with the Mane 6 purely there as mentors or advisers for certain problems. Remove MUH FRIENDSHIP PROBLEMS as a thing. Move back to moral quandaries with a different set of personalities and stop flanderising characters for the sake of idiots who complain about changing characters in a series primarily based on changing characters.
>>
>>30671481
Well, I speak for myself, but I wasn't trying to imply that. It's specifically this magic fireworks bullshit in >>30670690 what bothers me, and what makes me think that she'll be the one saving the day, exactly like in A Royal Problem.

Which, by the way, yields to an interesting observation. Does Glimmer "solving" the Princesses' problem count as bonding? I don't think so. If this episode follows the same premise, not only it will mean that they wasted another opportunity for that "mane 7" episode, it'll literally mean that for Glimmer the mane 6 are as much far apart from her as the Princesses.

Glimmer is not a friend, she's the hero who saves everyone else, because everyone else is a retard who needs to be saved. She's the Twilight from Twilight's Kingdom in a world where Rarity Takes Manehattan, or Testing Testing 1 2 3, or any other episode showing bonding between her and the mane 5 never existed. And we'll never get any of those bonding episodes with Glimmer. Which is ironic, maybe they decided that having too many episodes with her would make her look shoehorned, and they ended up ignoring the episodes that could have made her a likeable character. It's a shame.
>>
>>30671581
Oh, I agree completely. Glimmer's been in, what, sixteen episodes so far? Two seasons, at least; and I don't think she's had a single conversation with any of the mane six except Twilight. I certainly can't remember any. Everyone always treats her like she's this dear friend, but they're barely ever even on screen together. The closest we've gotten is Glimmer purposefully mind-controlling them because she doesn't want to bond with them.

It really does feel like Glimmer exists in a world of her own with Trixie and Maud, and it's always awkward when she jerks back to 'oh wait, these are her real friends.'

Fuck Glimmer though, she'd be a much more interesting character if she was an Earth Pony.
>>
>>30670690
I guess Glim isn't allowed to contribute.
>>
>>30671639

nope, being a gloryhog has been Rainbow Dash's job from day one.
>>
>>30670947
Probably tampered with it in some magical way, and that's why the book becomes so controversial among readers and the Mane 6. She's the only one unaffected because me write fun fun pony adventure.
>>
>>30671666

Glimmer is a Twiggy analogue tho.

Super autistic magic powered god pony who's better than any other unicorn purely because lolwhynot who tries to solve multiple social and personal issues using illegal and banned magic that causes an uproar every time.

It's almost as if people never saw season 1 or 2 and jumped on at season 4 like the majority of the fandom ACTUALLY did hence why the fandom has shit taste in terms of episodes and can't see what they want Glimmer to be.
>>
>>30671701

honestly, we should've seen Glimmer coming the moment they made Twilight an Alicorn.
>>
>>30671639
She can go play wrestling with Trixie again.
>>
>>30671701
I've seen every episode at least twice. Until season 7 episode 13, I thought season 2 was the best.

I still like Glimmer. Also, the way you write is suspiciously similar to DWK.
>>
File: 1500527681540.gif (2MB, 245x138px) Image search: [Google]
1500527681540.gif
2MB, 245x138px
>>30670690
Man, fuck this show. Ive had enough. Vogel and jim can shove it up their assed for all I care.

Back to /v/ and /pol/ for me
>>
File: 1501386466730.png (363KB, 529x559px) Image search: [Google]
1501386466730.png
363KB, 529x559px
>>30671749
>/v/ and /pol/
Oh no don't leave.
>>
File: Dwktriestocashin.png (611KB, 791x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Dwktriestocashin.png
611KB, 791x1024px
>>30671741

Not shocked that you think I write like DWK. We share a similar level of creativity and I could probably pass for his content if he voiced over anything I make because it's a generic and 'safe' way of making videos. I was considering it back in season 4 when Greg went to the animation side of things but at the time I was working 40+ hours a week and couldn't be bothered to invest time into making pony commentary/parody style videos. Wish I did since they'd probably have made me more money than DWK gets now purely on the time they'd be released but it's good to see he's still making bank off it. God knows he wasn't making it off his OC.

But what i'm saying is that most people who hate Glimster are normally people who are either socially retarded and can't associate her flaws with Twilight and her early character or just shitposting. Glims the only relevant character at this point from a story standpoint. That's why we constantly get other characters being created just to have something for the Mane 6 to do since they need replacing. I thought at the end of season 6 that we'd get that in season 7 but from the looks of it, Hasbro has no intention of allowing it.
>>
>>30671814
> Glims the only relevant character at this point from a story standpoint.
I disagree.

A character doesn't need to be constantly working towards a goal or overcoming a flaw to have an interesting story written about them; and considering that MLP is a slice of life show, it's easier than most to justify a character simply being. Does Rainbow Dash joining the Wonderbolts really mean that it's impossible for her to have an episode? No, of course not, and considering she's had many episodes that had nothing to do with her trying to join the Wonderbolts, saying she needs a goal to remain interesting is ridicules. Dash joining the Wonderbolts just means she can episodes where she's in the Wonderbolts. MLP is not a setting where the character ends at the end of their arc.
In the same way, characters like Applejack or Pinkie Pie have had many great episodes, despite having no goal to work towards at all. They simply interact with others, and that's it.
Twilight is really the only one who's becoming irrelevant, and that's because she never really recovered from becoming a princess and now the writers don't know what to with her. And to make matters worse, any episode where she gets to be herself is taken by Glimmer, making it harder for her to find her hooves again.

The problem lies not in the characters themselves becoming boring. There's still hundreds of stories to tell for each of them. The problem lies in the writers being too lazy to actually write them and instead defaulting to things we've already seen or 'it's like that Twilight episode, except with Glimmer.'
>>
>>30671857
Boy, look at all those mistakes, I really need to start proofreading these before hitting post.
>>
>>30671814
>Most people who don't like the character I like are dumb or just pretending
I always knew Glimfags were detached from reality but damn
>>
>>30671814
What similarities do they have being magically powerful and general anxiousness?
>>
>>30671888
He's just baiting, ignore him.
>>
Has there ever been a time where magic in the show hasn't been a crutch?
Wouldn't it have been leagues better had things been resolved without it and relegating 'magic' to practical, everyday use that builds up to (from their perspective) a big, super-powerful event further down the line? Y'know, to make 'magic' mean something special than just something you study enough on, own a horn and then you cast it?
>>
Twilight may have been the Element of Magic, but 'magic' was never her big, be-all, end-all thing in life originally. It was just a part of her journey - not the destination. After a certain point, she just stopped reading books and writing stuff down on-screen and just said things about her liking of books or how panicked she was about something despite it being something she should've overcome with time and patience.

Magic WAS meant to be for everyday usage, practical ease. Now it's just the solution to all of life's problems - only painting the world of MLP in a continuously worser light.
>>
File: 1502009825119.jpg (115KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1502009825119.jpg
115KB, 707x1000px
>>30670938
She's a sexy race traitor though.
>>
>>30672268
If they really wanted to have things big, Equestria would only ever have regular earth ponies and pegasi with a unicorn emerging only once every thousand years. Celestia and Luna may as well have been earth ponies themselves.
Twilight would be the unicorn, but since no one else really knows diddly-squat about them or their magic, including herself, she'd be left to deal with it on the go; only being able to start small and then grow more and more over time.
If it became too big of a problem for narrative purposes to the point she becomes a Sue, just do what Pokemon does with Pikachu every generation and debuff her.
>>
>>30672294
From that, someone like Starlight would've made more of an impact if she'd been the second unicorn in the show.
>'Another unicorn?'
>'But I only though they appeared only once every thousand years?!'
>dun dun duuun
>>
She's not a archetype that can be instantly understood at a casual glance so autists have trouble assessing her character.
>>
>>30672323
>I AM UPSET! FUCK YOU!: The Character
No, not really.
>>
File: 1502012545912.jpg (712KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1502012545912.jpg
712KB, 720x960px
>>30670690
I just want her to act like in this comic and restore her pre reformation personality of a dominative bitch.

Its like Whitley was the only one who had seen her S5 premiere episodes.
>>
>>30672330
Example A
>>
File: 1501504469840.png (2MB, 1920x1792px) Image search: [Google]
1501504469840.png
2MB, 1920x1792px
>>30672330
she reminds of this:
>Well, you got nothing to hide, you can't change who you really are,
>You can get a big house and a faster car
>You can run away, boy, but you won't go far.

and applied to her:
she can have the most powerful magic of Equestria,
have a totalitarian town under her command,
she can get all she wants and hide what she did,but she won't get less insecure than she's been all the time
>>
The hilarious thing about all this is that so many people are bitching about the Mane 6 doing all the work in the movie yet here you are bitching some more about the Mane 6 not doing anything.
>>
>>30672323
she is not an archetype at all.I'm not defending her but...
I am surprised that no one (or any visible faggot)has said that she's an AUTOMATON.

She doesn't have charm either because she's insecure genuinely,wearing a mask most of the time in order to get her life a little bit better than before.
She doesn't have any inspirations or illusions as the rest,she just does under her own rules what's supposed to do at the time and that's it.Lacks of empathy when she acts and that could bring some dangerous situations.

Being desperate of wanting to be better but you can't is not something to recommendMost of the fags get triggered about her because of her power and perfection,when it's something really shallow in the end.
>>
>>30672455
>she's an automaton

Because she was absolutely destroyed down to the most BASIC level after spending years managing and influencing a town that praised her very plan. She was turned into a blank slate by an autistic book horse who still acts like a retard when applied to social situations so her being a confused blank slate makes sense.

>no charm

Because she's socially inept in general thanks to how Twilight broke her into nothing. Its the same as the rest of your points. Twilight took a self confident character, belittled her down to nothing after destroying her life and dogma then proceeded to teach her how SHE would have liked to learn, not how a person should be taught.

Most fags are triggered by her because she's a character they don't understand. If you EVER look at the top Mane 6 charts, Dash and Ponk are always top and Twiggy and Flutterbutter are bother 3rd and 4th continually because all those characters are overly quirky and simple to understand so people KNOW the characters and gravitate towards them. The ponies who are less single note and more human in their personalities tend to lag behind because they are more complex in general and their fans tend to be more adult and understanding of their traits because they aren't 'the funny one' or 'the cool one' or 'the shy one' because they aren't a trope given form.

Glimmer falls into that category with AJ and Rarity because she's actually a fully fledged character who's not been dragged back into the fold by fan pandering.
>>
File: 1499653093697.png (261KB, 1062x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1499653093697.png
261KB, 1062x1024px
>>30672541
>Glimmer falls into that category with AJ and Rarity because she's actually a fully fledged character who's not been dragged back into the fold by fan pandering.

if Rarity was that simple,then I would hate her because of her beauty elistism and drama bitchy moments.She was unpopular back in the day and fortunately,she deserves the praise she gets after a constant row of quality episodes(the most consistent in fact)

I can't imagine myself putting her but in one of the top 3 spots.
>>
>>30672428
I haven't seen anyone bitching about that Edward, I think you're making shit up.

>>30672541
>AJ
>Not one note
>Implying Appul Horse is just a meme

Nigger, I can understand Glimmer's deal perfectly fine; that doesn't mean I have to like her. It's possible to understand someone and still dislike them. And character simplicity is by no means a measure for how popular a character is in the fandom anyway. That's correlation, not causation. You're taking two unrelated things and claiming they're connected. I could just as easily say 'Rainbow and Pinkie top the polls because they're the fastest characters and people like fast characters.'

Also, a simple Google search shows that Twilight usually tops the polls anyway, and she's one of the most complicated characters in the show, so that shoots your entire theory in the foot.

This whole 'oh, people just hate Glimmer because they don't understand her' is bullshit. It's a child's cartoon. She doesn't have a deep character.

It's okay to like Glimmer, but don't be putting all this 'Twilight broke her down, man, it's really deep' nonsense onto her.
>>
>>30672618
My Google search shows that Fluttershy usually wins overwhelmingly, but I think your point still stands. Maybe.
>>
File: 100M.jpg (2MB, 10000x10000px) Image search: [Google]
100M.jpg
2MB, 10000x10000px
>"I'm objectively right and if you disagree you're an idiot"-tier bait
>they keep replying to it anyway
>>
>>30672640
That was before the cuckening
>>
>>30672230
>Has there ever been a time where magic in the show hasn't been a crutch?
Nope.

>Y'know, to make 'magic' mean something special than just something you study enough on, own a horn and then you cast it?

Its even worse since only those who are born with talent towards magic can excel.
>>
>>30670690
This season has 13 episodes already and Starlight is in 4
That's less than a 1/3 of all episodes
What the fuck are you complaining about?
>>
>>30673612
>Its even worse since only those who are born with talent towards magic can excel.
nice headcanon
>>
>>30673640
Name a unicorn who's magic stands out to such a degree who doesn't have a magic Cutiemark.
Twilight, Glimmer, Shimmer, the Alicorns (though that's by nature) are all immensely powerful.

Sombra's cutiemark is unknown or not existent, and if you go with comic BS that makes up most of his backstory, he's not -really- a pony in the first place.

Then you have those like Moondancer or Sunburst who are knowledgeable but not all that about application.

Every other one likely only uses it for the most basic things in their day to day.
>>
>>30672428
what the fuck are you smoking, the thing that people are EXCITED about for the movie is that its finally a real mane six adventure where they all get to do some lifting.
>>
>>30673710
>practice magic specifically
>it's better than magic of those who don't practice it specficially
really sets the neurons wiring
>>
Cringing more at the episode where she'll brainwash Thorax's brother while Trixie stands off the side dropping spaghetti constantly.
>>
>>30670690
what the fuck is this from?
I don't see a sticky anywhere for a new episode
>>
>>30674320
next episode preview
>>
>>30670690
Who are they going to sacrifice ?
>>
>>30673952
Moondancer was just as autistic as Twilight, went to the same school as her, and still sucks compared to her. And Sunbrust went to the same school as both, and he can't do magic period.
>>
>>30672649
>10000x10000
dat resolution
>>
>>30674604
link?
>>
>>30670947
the episode climax is about poochie's fault
>>
>>30672649
>image for breezies
>>
>>30670914
oh fuck off with your baseless conspiracy theories
>>
>>30675923
Everything must always be about poochie.
>>
>>30671749

>Back to /v/

Glimmer saves the day again
>>
>>30670690
where the fuck is a link to the preview?!
Thread posts: 112
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.