[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the pony craze still going on? I feel like it's kind

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

Is the pony craze still going on? I feel like it's kind of died out, eh? I'm a starving gamedev who got fed up with doing respectable titles aspiring to create new genres or stimulate the intellect of players with taste and high aspirations. Basically I don't want to do 'good' games anymore, I just want to be able to pay my bills again. I learned that furry and pony themed games can attract a lot of attention, so I figured I'd stop by and just boldly shamelessly ask.

If I were to do a pony themed game, that's genuinely good (I'm good at art too), would you be into it? Would you consider supporting it?

Would it have to be clop themed for you to be interested? Would you prefer a type of Zelda rpg or story heavy virtual novel type of games?

I have a few ideas I could make really nice games about. Disclaimer: I'm by no means really into ponies, but I don't hate them either. The love for quality and my innate perfectionism would make it obvious that even though it sort would be a shameless shekelgrab, it would be a respectable shameless shekelgrab that I'd pour love and passion into.

Please don't shit on me too hard.
>>
File: IMG_5101.png (7KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5101.png
7KB, 160x160px
>>30651494
Who is the pony in the pic?
>>
>>30651494
>If I were to do a pony themed game, that's genuinely good (I'm good at art too), would you be into it? Would you consider supporting it?

Sorry, but we've got a backlog of several teams of talented individuals already working on producing pony video games 24/7 of several different genres.

However, I still feel as if there's potential for you as a starting pony developer so if you could please answer some questions then I believe we can get you working right away.

1. Tell us more about yourself, giving us a base personality can help US to help YOU find the pony that most tunes itself to you, this will in turn help you become more attached and enjoy the work that you do.

2.What are your strengths? We now know you're a "good artist" and create "respectable titles" but if you could share some example works then that would help us define what kind of material we can expect out of you.

3.What are your weaknesses? Unfortunately not all are cut out for the pony industry, but whatever weaknesses you may have we hope to turn into strengths that may very well help your future endeavors.

4.Where do you see yourself in several years? We hope to form a long lasting relationship with you, as much as we love one-time flings, I would hope you intend to invest time and money just as much as all the other hard working pony developers that are currently hard at work doing what they love.

Finally, no shit Sherlock. Pretty sure if you make any kind of material people are gonna pay to see more if it's any good so just do it.
>>
>>30651494
https://discord.gg/n98dnvQ - /mlp/ Content Creators / Thread: >>30611179
https://discord.gg/w6EksUs - PonyDev
https://discord.gg/xksqg7r - LISA: The Colourful / Thread: >>30646254
>>
You'll get both sides of the coin here for an answer to your question about popularity. If you want to see where the money is going to, just go to local conventions and watch dealer hall and artist alley trends. I've seen pony all but disappear from the artist alley stuff in the last 2ish years whereas if you would have looked at it 4 years ago, everyone and their mom had some sort of pony print, pony commission, custom figure, body pillow, or plush. Now you're lucky to find 2 or 3 people selling pony merch at a con that has 25k+ people should tell you the demand.
>>
>>30651494
The pony craze is a fragment of its former self. But I think anyone here, myself included, would enjoy a new pony game. We haven't gotten one in ages.
>>
Some schmuck posted about a survival/open world pony game he was working on that he had one-fourth of the way finished a week ago. A couple weeks ago the guy who's been working on the pony RTS for the past half year posted more of his progress. Fuck off out of here with your shitty elitism you little prick, you're not anything worth praising. Maybe have something to show for you "talent" before deciding to openly brag about your greatness on /mlp/ of all places.
>>
>>30651494
>Shekels
AFAIK, "Breeding Season" was the highest-funded game on Patreon before internal shit crashed it with no survivors. Its spiritual successor, "Cloud Meadow", seems to be doing alright as well.

Seems like the obvious route for a shekelgrab to me. Just make sure you put out regular, substantial updates, and don't sign away rights to anything fundamental to the continuation of the game. Ponies could be optional for max impact.

Good luck!
>>
>>30651494
Doesn't need to be clop themed to be interesting. You can still make some smut by making an add on (and selling it, if you are a jew). A Zelda type game would be suitable for the MLP world.
>>
>>30651494
Kill yourself
>>
Curiosity bump.
>>
>>30651494
3D adventure exploration collect-a-ton with multiplayer features.
Same thing, but in 2D, again with multiplayer features.

But first of all show us who the hell you are and what games you worked on.
>>
>>30652195

man the art and writing of that game are beautiful, but it feels lik ethey're making SO many mistakes when it comes to gameplay. character moves slow as fuck, interface is not responsive, the zoom is waaay too far out. what a shame.
>>
make it not shit, pls
>>
>>30651494
Fellow gamedev currently working under contract for Microsoft. Make a pony-themed FPS.
>>
File: Jqa4BVS.jpg (16KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
Jqa4BVS.jpg
16KB, 210x240px
>>30651494
Only once in a blue moon do you see a good pone game that the devs actually finished, and the majority of those which die are from people who actually genuinely love pony shit.

What makes you think you'll be the one to pull it off? What makes you so special, Anon?
>>
>>30651494

YOU THINK YOU CAN MAKE A PONY GAME? YOU THINK YOU CAN SUCCEED WHERE THOUSANDS OF BETTER MEN HAVE FAILED? YOU LOOK LIKE A LITTLE FAGGOT COCKSUCKER WHO GIVES UP ON THINGS BEFORE THEY'RE FINISHED LET ME SEE YOUR WAR FACE
>>
FILL UP THIS FORM, FAGGOT.
http://www.equestriagaming.net/2017/07/lyras-list-18-future-of-lyras-list.html#more
>>
>>30651494
It is
>>
>>30651494
Still waiting on faggot OP.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.