[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know I'm really fucking late on this. But I just watched

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 23

File: IMG_3606.png (1MB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3606.png
1MB, 1136x640px
I know I'm really fucking late on this. But I just watched episode 13 of season 7. This part right here made me actually fucking cry.
>>
There is nothing to be ashamed of anon. Many people did. Including me[/spoiler[
>>
File: 1499530669051.png (2MB, 2000x2615px) Image search: [Google]
1499530669051.png
2MB, 2000x2615px
>>30644521
>tears start rolling down face as the song plays
>try to hold back sobs during the rest of the episode
>lay in bed and cry after the ending
>>
Song still makes me tear up when i listen to it.

>AJ, Big mac and Applebloom will never hear their mother sing that song.
>>
File: 1433274587874.jpg (89KB, 612x499px) Image search: [Google]
1433274587874.jpg
89KB, 612x499px
>not being an emotionally dead husk
fucking normies
>>
>>30644550
I thought I was. But then this happened.
>>
>>30644550
Back to >>>/r9k/ with thee, dumb frogposter.
>>
>>30644521
Me too, anon. Me too.
>>
>>30644521
I got my cry out of the way when Pear Butter played her guitar and sang her love song.
>tfw you will never experience love again because you're incapable of letting yourself love something for fear of losing it.
>>
>only few days left for iTunes rip
get your HD tissues ready
>>
File: I'm fine.png (97KB, 600x631px) Image search: [Google]
I'm fine.png
97KB, 600x631px
>>30644617
>tfw you will never experience love again because you're incapable of letting yourself love something for fear of losing it.

I d-don't know this feel
>>
The part that always gets me is when Applebloom confronts Grand Pear, and he starts tearing up while talking about how angry he was.
>>
>>30644617
All I can love at this point is my waifu
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYDFnDr81JQ
>>
>>30644617
>want to have a gf
>afraid she will cut my dick off in my sleep or kill me

what do?
>>
>>30644638
Kill her first
>>
One of the very best episodes in the series.

And it was primarily viewed in low resolution some random Wednesday in June.
>>
>>30644671
The only logical choice here.
Invest in a chest freezer to keep her fresh.
>>
>>30644678
At least it wasn't a Hearthwarming episode in the middle of fucking summer again.
>>
>>30644521
This episode tears me up each fucking time. I'm really happy that the show can still make me feel this way.
>>
>>30644521
Why do you guys consider this to be the saddest part of the show?
I found this episode very annoying, but everyone is saying it's the saddest I don't see it nor do I feel it.
Also that mare is a bitch.
>>
>>30645073
Because
I just want to be loved and be able to be with my waifu
>>
>>30645078
Oh maybe that's why I can't feel any sort of attachment to this episode.
I still don't consider this episode sad thou.
>>
File: IMG_1987.png (183KB, 782x831px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1987.png
183KB, 782x831px
>>30645086
I just want to be with my waifu so bad
>>
File: IMG_2890.jpg (53KB, 528x534px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2890.jpg
53KB, 528x534px
>>30645091
Don't worry anon I also want to be with my waifu.
But we will eventually go and be with them.
>>
>>30645086
Maybe the song doesn't do it, but old folk tearing up over something they regret isn't sad for you?
>>
>>30644638
I gotta be honest here. I think the only way I'd ever want to be in a relationship with a woman is if she was the kind of person that would make me have to worry about this kind of shit.
>>
File: Das kinda sad.jpg (26KB, 530x479px) Image search: [Google]
Das kinda sad.jpg
26KB, 530x479px
>>30644531
>that picture
>>
>>30645104
Not really I can't put myself in their situation I tried and I only end up getting really mad.
>>
>>30644521
>i thought i had feelings.
>until i saw this chapter and didn't fucking cry
>then i realized i didn't.
>>
File: moondancer.png (452KB, 1600x1663px) Image search: [Google]
moondancer.png
452KB, 1600x1663px
>>30645091
>>30645102
same
>>
>>30644521
>late
>episode hasn't even aired officially yet
>>
>>30645838
>implying people are chaste and wait to watch until DiscoFam officially airs them
>>
File: image.jpg (291KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
291KB, 683x1024px
No one was spared from the feels.
>>
bump for discussion
>>
>>30644521

All the people who waited for the episode to show on Discovery are in the same boat as you, so I expect another feelthread soon.
>>
I hated that part about the tree because it makes no sense for pears to be so close to the appul orchards
We would've heard of it at some point
But I did start to bawl like a bitch when grampear said he was so sorry
>>
>>30647695
>Apples so close to pears.
>Nobody talks about Carrot Tops freakishy large carrots she has growing next door.
Seriously, the fucking things are like, the size of a building!
>>
>stupid cartoon for 6 year olds
>stupid fucking adults cry over a show for 6 year old girls

you people are fucking pussies you know that crying over an episode of a show for little girls... you are all stupid
>>
File: 1500875961761.png (279KB, 938x712px) Image search: [Google]
1500875961761.png
279KB, 938x712px
>>30647749
are you lost?
>>
>>30647766

you and the rest of these faggorts appear to be lost from reality.
>>
>>30647788
oh noes
what next, are you going to call me a horsefucker?

how do you feel knowing that I want to suckle on my waifu's huge horseclit for hours until she's nothing more than a puddle of love juice and my face will keep its stench for weeks, every whiffs I'd take would remind me of her
>>
>>30647815

I feel like you should kill yourself
>>
>>30647852
That's cute kid.
>>
File: 1498318982447.png (409KB, 660x600px) Image search: [Google]
1498318982447.png
409KB, 660x600px
>>30647852
And maybe miss being able to finally see her with my VR goggles?
Or maybe even to miss being able to FEEL her?
I'm not getting off this ride any time soon
Are you retarded?
>>
>>30647866

you have shit taste in ponies
>>
>>30647864
That's cute kid.
>>
File: aj 3 (81).png (149KB, 350x400px) Image search: [Google]
aj 3 (81).png
149KB, 350x400px
>>30645073
I'm going to take a wild guess and say you either
A) Jumped on the ride late.
B) Never got all that invested in the characters.
This is the culmination of seven years worth of "Where are their parents?" starting way back in episode fucking one where AJ introduced half the apple clan including GRANNY smith but noticibly didnt mention ma-pple or pa-pple.
It's sad because we can see and extrapolate all the little bits of characterisation for Big mac, AJ and AB and see how they got their various traits from the parents.
It's bittersweat because we can see how those parents acted, knowing they were sincerely good ponies who simply wanted to be together.
It's heartwrenching because instead of the usual "Fued resolved by young love" resolution, they had the sheer balls to paint it realistically and make it a sore point between family members.
>"Are you making me choose?"
I literally cannot type that without tearing up, that line, that situation, that brief pause as grand-pear realises she's serious, that.... EVERYTHING was absolutely fucking perfect.
And then on top of all that there's the all-but-flat-out-stated issue of Grand-pear never reconciling with his daughter before she died along with his own regret about the whole thing.
It all adds up to a pretty feelsy episode.

>>30647695
Granny got upset if they so much as mentioned pears, so the two main workers who'd know about that pear grove that bordered the farm simply dont mention it.
>>
>>30647923
They wouldn't mention it in front of granny maybe, but we've seen them going through the appul orchard for 6years now Anon and we never saw one pear
No, just no
>>
>>30647923
I'm the first anon you responded to I read what you wrote, but like I said I can't feel that 'emotion' I tried and only ended up hating them more, and also I didn't jump on the ride late I was here since the beginning of season 1 also I grew attached to the characters but can't feel what they feel I've tried over and over but can't seem to feel anything if anything (I'm not trying to act edgy) this episode made me laugh to be honest with you I understand love and relationships but I can't connect myself to others every time someone is crying or down I just want to tell them to shut up or to leave me alone.
>>
>>30647990
So you have trouble showing empathy and even get upset when others show emotion?
Thatr's pretty autistic
>>
>>30648029
I'm sorry I can't control my state of mind.
I can't connect to people if someone loses a kid I can't feel empathy if my brothers son dies I can't feel anything.
How is it my fault?
>>
>>30648041
I never said it is, but your reactions to such situations are certainly not normal either. Maybe you should seek out some help and talk about this.
>>
>>30648060
How is it bad?
I don't have to deal with emotions.
Even those that aren't mine.
>>
File: 1465527155768.gif (2MB, 176x144px) Image search: [Google]
1465527155768.gif
2MB, 176x144px
>>30648058
>Falling for mercury in vaccine meme
I bet you also blame vaccines for your crippling autism
>>
>>30648170
I love the context of that gif.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUgWcDR3BNo
>>
>>30648058
Mercury is life anon.
You'll soon see.
>>
File: (You).jpg (117KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
117KB, 800x450px
>>30648230
>Being this paranoia and risking others' lives for your >muh conspiracy
Please, do catch a measles in your underground basement alone so you don't pass on your autism to your off-springs
>>
>>30647934
>we never saw one pear
Because they don't grow pears on the Apple farm? I'm struggling to see how it's a continuity error.
>>
>>30649557
It is if there's supposed to be ORCHARDS of pears bordering the apples and granny, and the others, are supposed to start screeching like autists whenever the word PEAR is pronounced
Also we're talking about the appul family, how the fuck did the parents never tell granny or the kids about the entwined trees?
It was supposed to be the whole 'Yeah, see, that's our love! Pears and appuls together!' and they even have blankets that they've been working on since generations and talk about this kind of shit ALL the fucking time, but somehow, this never came up while they were still alive?

It'd be like if there was another town right on the other side of canterlot's 'mountain'
I mean, they never said there wasn't one, right? Even tho we've been seeing that mountain in the background for YEARS, but that's totally plausible, right?

No, I'm sorry, we're talking about AJ and Big mac, which have been working literally their entire lives in their appul orchards but never saw that there were pears bordering them
It was a great episode from an 'emotional standpoint', but the lady writers are hacks
>>
>>30650204
Granny probably figured that if Grand Pear abandoned his daughter, then fuck him, let apple knowledge of that asshole get sealed and forgotten in a book.
Probably wasn't expecting Golden Delicious to turn into a hoarder.
>>
>>30650204
The apple parents probably tore all the pear trees down and planted them over with apple trees because they were a painful reminder to Buttercup, just leaving the one she planted during their wedding vows.
>>
>>30648225
hahaha no
>>30648058
>>30648230
Patreon's fault
>>30648279
autism is not a race
>>
>>30650234
Oh no, I can 'understand' granny being a degenerate redneck piece of shit, I don't mind
But I do mind the fact that AJ and big mac grew enough to be able to 'know' their parents before they FUCKING DIED but this never came up, ever

>>30650250
No, look again
>>
>>30650267
I dont even know what year my parents married. Sometimes parents just told say things for whatever stupid reason
Its also possible their parents where waiting until all three where of age to experience it together. Like a family experience thing.
>>
>>30650267
That's literally on the border line of the two farms. We don't see pears in previous episodes because there are none on apple land.
>>
>>30650267
It does look like an overgrown area of both orchards.
Perhaps AJ and Big Mac found it later in life and thought "huh, those two trees are weird" and it clicked later when they learned about their parents.
>>
>>30650267
We are missing the big picture here.
That rock fucking MOVED

And it looks like Applejack's sad potato rock but bigger.
>>
>>30650204
>Also we're talking about the appul family, how the fuck did the parents never tell granny or the kids about the entwined trees? It was supposed to be the whole 'Yeah, see, that's our love! Pears and appuls together!' and they even have blankets that they've been working on since generations and talk about this kind of shit ALL the fucking time, but somehow, this never came up while they were still alive?
They buried the seeds to show there love as some tradition thing. Also trees take a while to grow fully. They could have died before either tree grew that high up
>No, I'm sorry, we're talking about AJ and Big mac, which have been working literally their entire lives in their appul orchards but never saw that there were pears bordering them
They said there were some areas in sweet apple acres they don't go to because there are fruit bats. Its also possible that granny put that area off limits to prevent unwanted questions to be brought up.
>>
Honestly the worst thing was that it all felt kinda pointless. I mean you have a heartwarming love story like in a disney movie but this time you know from the start both of them are dead. That whole love since childhood thing, enduring the family feud and finally breaking through it all and then they live happily ever after, right? No, not this time. They never got to see their children grow up, they never grew old together, they were ripped right out life by some freak accident, most likely. That's some bleak realism I wouldn't have expected desu
>>
>>30650448
Their story deserved to be told and besides, atleast they died loving each other
>>
>>30650469
That was not what I meant, it was a great story because there wasn't anything to it. It was just life, you know? But that includes dying and sometimes, people just die. There's no bigger reason and no lesson to be learned. But I wouldn't have expected that much bleakness from a show that's aimed at kids nahmean. Hell, even shows that are aimed at adults don't go that far or at least don't dwell on it as much as this episode did. There's always someone responsible or brought to justice.
>>
>>30650526
They didn't dwell on it tho
They could even be alive for all we know
>>
>>30650541
Nah, they always spoke in the past tense. 'you knew our parents?' 'they were very much in love with each other' 'they left us behind something to remember them by' and last but not least, Applebloom saying to grandpa pear something like 'let's not miss anything else' when he regrets abandoning his daughter. If she was still alive he could simply visit her and try to reconcile, but all he can do is go see granny and his grandchildren. Also everybody tearing up whenever they remember them.

Even them straight up saying that they're dead wouldn't make it any more obvious desu.
>>
>>30650574
Also how Burnt Oaks tone kinda changed when he realized why the Apples were there to see him, and the look Mrs. Cake had for a second. Old memories.
>>
>>30646210
>>30647990
>>30648041
>>30648092
You were saying faggot.
>>
It airs in America Bronycon weekend so I'm looking forward to seeing reactions from people at the con who follow the American schedule.
>>
>>30651115
>going to a con
Jelousy intensifies
>>
>>30645891
I do. But mostly out of lazyness.
>>
I dunno, I always felt like this episode was just predictable and cliche love story stuff. I didn't really learn much outside of "parents had a cliche romance". They're still implied to be dead. Also, this intense pear rivalry banning the fruit from apple house came out of nowhere. I wasn't a big fan of the episode
>>
File: 1478127436300.png (339KB, 1125x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1478127436300.png
339KB, 1125x1350px
>>30644521
I cried nearly throughout the whole episode from the moment it started getting feelsy. No other MLP episode has ever done that.

S7 is really shaping up to be one of the better seasons. It's giving S5 a run for its money already.
>>
>>30652002
I mean, maybe if I heard more about their parents before then, I would've cared. But they just kinda bring up their backstory out of nowhere after barely mentioning them for seven seasons. And again, suspension of disbelief was killed right at the start with the pear rivalry meme
>>
>>30651979
>Watch out everyone. We got some hot opinions coming through

Anon this isn't even a remotely cliched story apart from the lovers from rivalling groups thing borrowed from romeo & juliet. I think you're getting a happy romance confused with a cliched romance, because most cliche romances are happy romances. Even then it wasn't a very happy life for those 2
>Grand pear never forgave pear butter while she was alive
>Implied they never saw there children grew up
pretty damn bleak. Don't know about you, but the part about grand pear not forgiving his daughter and making her choose was unexpected for me atleast. Wouldn't call that cliche at all

>Also, this intense pear rivalry banning the fruit from apple house came out of nowhere.
I never got this argument. A show with multiple writers and an ever-changing crew is supposed to bring up something random in the middle of nowhere. Even then, the apples have never been too keen on other fruits anyways.
>>
File: 1499836680870.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1499836680870.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
>>30644521
>Season 7 is actually better than the movie
McCarthy BTFO.
>>
>>30651979
Same. It ended up coming off as generic and boring. I liked that pear and Mrs. Cake were friends, but the fact that Mrs. Cake had no interaction with AJ and the Apple family prior to this irritates the shit out of me and shows that they shoehorned her into the position just to have a known character in the storyline.
>>
>>30652072
>Mrs. Cake had no interaction with AJ and the Apple family prior to this
>The cakes have been business partners with the apples since forever
DYEWTS
>>
>>30652064
I dunno, if not cliche then it was predictable. I felt like I'd already watched the episode as I was watching it.
I saw the whole ultimatum thing coming from a mile away, it was bound to happen. And we never saw anything that happened after the ultimatum, so I couldn't really care less.
And it doesn't matter why the rivalry came out of nowhere, what matters is that it came out of nowhere. This previously unseen but extremely intense rivalry is introduced within a minute of one episode, and resolved that same episode. That broke my suspension of disbelief
>>
>>30652085

She was her best friend yet she never talks to them outside of business. That is some bullshit right there and you know it.
>>
>>30652114
>"Hey look my supplier is my dead best friends children! Hows about I go unload a shitton of emotional baggage on em!"
Yeah no. Also, she said in episode she never knew when to bring it up. Also, most people don't really hang out with their friends families, especially if the friend is dead.
>>
>>30652047
Some of us have been on the ride for a long time Anon
We never saw them, we didn't knew their names or what they looked like, of if they were alive even, but we still knew they were
We all at some point imagined them, what they were like, what happened, 'is AJ's hat her dad's?' etc etc

This episode really was 'for us', to be perfectly honest
I don't see kids, or people that are going to bingewatch the entire show in the future, feel it as much as we did, it's a bit like the Slice of Life episode, just not meme-y and not for comedic purpose
>>
>>30652139
But they only ever talk business. We never saw the cakes and the apples act like friends or the like, not once.
It's stuff like this that made the episode feel rushed and unearned. We never heard anything about the apple parents before, why should we care?
>>
I want to torture AJ's Mom to death then break her father into my mare
>>
>>30652111
>And we never saw anything that happened after the ultimatum, so I couldn't really care less.
Are you legitimately autistic? It's pretty easy to infer what happened and the emotional guilt grand pear must feel. From how you describe the episode and the shit you got wrong about it, Something tells me you don't even watch the show, or only watched every episode at air date or something.

>This previously unseen but extremely intense rivalry is introduced within a minute of one episode, and resolved that same episode. That broke my suspension of disbelief
No shit. It was a problem that happened in the past that was required to be explained to completion to finish apple parents' story.
>>
>>30652072

>your best friend died
>you were just distant enough from the Apples to not really want to talk about it
>you know what happened with the Pears is raw so Granny wouldn't want to talk about it
>stuff it down because you're meek except when you're backing your ass up on your beta of a husband
>>
>>30652160
That's my whole point! Why should you care about characters you've never seen before? You don't even really learn anything important to the show, all you learn is "apple parents had sad sappy romance". Everything in the episode seems to come out of nowhere. This might've been fine earlier, but we're seven seasons in
>>
File: he's right.jpg (31KB, 536x400px) Image search: [Google]
he's right.jpg
31KB, 536x400px
>>30652114
This

I didn't mind them picking the mayor, or that random guy we never saw, but Cupcake was too much
They see each other on a daily basis, and certainly more than that
AJ is always at sugarcube corner because of Ponka's parties, it's a small town, ponies talk ALL THE TIME, they're really sociable

It's just nuts to even think that this discussion wouldn't have happened at some point
And if your response is going to be 'but appulbloom is too smol' well then why not just talk to AJ and BM?
They're fucking adults, they run the farm
This is just silly, we're not talking about new yorkers here
>>
>>30652168
>We never saw the cakes and the apples act like friends or the like, not once.
"Your dead relative was my friend, so I'm going to insert myself into your lives because we knew the same person"
Thats not how people act unless they are mentally unstable
>We never heard anything about the apple parents before, why should we care?
Holy shit you actually don't watch the show do you?
>>
>>30652191
No, that's not your point
You're just too dense to understand what I meant

They're basically a 'dream come true', the difference between you and us is that either you're too new to have dreamt of them, as much as we did, at least, or you're too dense and 'piece A goes in slot B' to understand how much this could affect a human being that's not dead inside
You're Maud and we're.. idk, normal background ponies
>>
>>30652216
I do. The most we hear of the apple parents are along the lines of "mom and das would be proud". They're only casually mentioned before this episode.
And it's not like Mrs. Cake knew a mare that AJ knew, Mrs. Cake was best friends with AJs mom. She never even mentioned knowing her mom any time before that, it comes out of nowhere
>>
>>30652196
People don't just bring up dead parents. I don't care how well you know someone, if they are dead, you don't just start talking about them in front of their kids unless the kid is talking about them or wants to talk about them.
>>
>>30652242
We learned about the apple parents in this episode. If we learned about them earlier, that would render this episode redundant. Also refer to >>30652243 about not bringing up their parents. You'd have to be extremely socially inept and have no understanding of social cues to bring up someones dead parents unannounced.
>>
>>30652243
Dude, my dad shot himself like three months ago and first thing that me and his friends talk about whenever we see each other is my dad and how 'great a person he was' and how he 'changed their lives' or 'taught them so much'
I mean, no, first thing was 'sorry' but then it quickly went back to that, idk what you're talking about
They're ponies living in a small town, not fucking corporatists working in wall street
>>
>>30652220
Is 2014 really too new?
Look, I never really cared about AJs parents. No one in the show seemed to care about their parents either, so I assumed their absence had to be something insignificant. But instead it's some epic love story stemming from an unmentioned intense rivalry with unseen connections between characters who interact on a weekly basis
>>
>>30652196
AJ and especially Big Mac had to remember their parents well. All those years in Ponyville, all those annual family reunions, and nobody bothered to ask "Hey you, who I know clearly knew my parents, how did they meet?", or "Who are my mom's parents?", or "What happened to the pears?", it's like they never gave a fuck and suddenly got reminded that oh yeah, we know fuck all about our parents, let's go on a treasure hunt. They're not lost orphans, for fuck's sake.

That's why I couldn't get into the episode. Well, that and the predictable cliché love story with a cheesy random love song that was there only for cheap feels because the parents didn't actually have any character or connection beyond their love at first sight. Not that I want some brilliant, tear-jerking epic romance from a 22 minute horse episode, but it's also why I couldn't really care.
>>
File: 63568383257.gif (2MB, 1000x676px) Image search: [Google]
63568383257.gif
2MB, 1000x676px
>>30644521
this episode nearly killed me
>>30644636
this finished what the episode could not
>>
>>30652265
There is a few major differences in those examples though. You, your friends and your dad (my condolences) sound like they knew each other well and at the same time. You've all interacted with each other multiple times together. Also about you and your friends talking about your dad, it (presumably) happened near the time of the funeral or his death. The Apple kids didn't get to know their parents, and when any of them would be old enough to talk about it, their parents would of been long dead, and considering its unlikely mrs cake and the apple kids knew each other before their parents death, and that they knew their parents in very different ways (if at all), talking about it in almost any situation other than the apples' bringing it up would just be inappropriate.
>>
>how the cakes should have handled the news
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHMcoG_FmTw
>>
>>30652325
>The Apple kids didn't get to know their parents
Anon unless the parents were gambling away in a horsecasino in Las Pegasus while the first two kids grew up they clearly had to know them. They're not triplets.
>>
>>30652325
>the appul didn't get to know their parents
so for one [citation needed]
Secondly, no, that's just silly
The age difference between BM and AB is the problem here, they had the time to know them, and live with them, and work with them
So they must've seen their pa' and ma' go sell them appuls to the cakes, and even certainly go with them
See we wouldn't have this discussion and it wouldn't be a plot hole if they picked someone else than cupcake, really
>>
>>30652343
>>30652350
Would they though? Lets say AB is 12 which I would say is reasonable. I'd guess AJ to be 16-17 and BM to be 18. BM would be around 6 when their parents died, while they would remember some stuff about them, I doubt a 6 yo could remember very much about their parents, and they definitely wouldn't remember how they met, if they even had a reason to tell a child that.
>>
File: YP-1A-01x04.mkv_snapshot_00.05.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
YP-1A-01x04.mkv_snapshot_00.05.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>30650267
It's now hard to believe how minimalistic the show was back in old days.
>>
>>30652362
No, AJ was a 'young adult' in season one, with is 17-20
Show's canon has been running for about 3 years
That makes her anywhere near 20 to 23 now and AB anywhere between 12 to 15
And BM is obviously older than her, so let's just pick one year older, and we got anywhere between 6 to 9

You'd remember your parents dealing with the cakes daily at this age, especially if you started to deal with them yourself right after it
We're not talking about them remembering 'how they met', because it's plausible for 6-10yos to not remember this kind of shit, but they would remember faces, especially if they kept seeing them on a daily/weekly basis, Anon
And especially if they were linked to your parents that just died, EVEN more so if your granny and caretaker doesn't feel like talking about them much/completely ignores some questions
>>
>>30652362
I remember a fucking fortune cookie I got when I was six. Even at the bare minimum age difference, I'm pretty sure AJ and especially BM would remember enough about their parents to know they were friends with Mrs. Cake. Also, Mrs. Cake would've personally known the apple kids for six years. You're telling me she'd stop all contact with them after ma died?
>>
>>30652402
Young adult is basically teenager. Also this is just head cannon bs here, but couldn't AJ in BM be twins? Yeah she says big brother, but that could just mean BM was the first one out of the womb, and they always look the same age when their shown in different times.
>>
>>30652350
Even still it would've been kinda dumb, because there's the natural curiosity of the kids, and the fact the whole family meets every year. The parents question aside, what about the long-standing feud with the Pears, that Granny goes into a fit everytime? They never bothered with finding out why? Even assuming that nobody ever talked about it is a big coincidence. The whole thing is wonky.

>>30652362
I think you're making AJ a bit too young. I thought the common guess for the M6 was "young adult", so like 18-20 in human years. But yeah, even assuming the parents both joined a suicide cult right after childbirth, that's still six years of memories. Do you have no memories from your early childhood? It'll soon be 20 years since I was six, and I still remember bits here and there, kindergarten, family holidays, the fun and the tears.
But even if Mac was 6 at his parents' death, was he never curious about his parents? Who they were, where they were from, how they met, how their wedding was? Was he never curious about who his other grandparents are? If it really is 12 years from their death, did nobody open up? The wounds are pretty much healed, was there never a nostalgic moment?

Like at least knowing who they are is something so basic, I know that about my mom's father who died before I was born. I know more about my dead grandparents I've never met than Mac knows about his parents he knew his first six years, and all it took was asking once. I'm simply not buying that.
>>
>>30652416
No, young adult is young adult
Rarara was a young adult, she had a boutique and lived alone
Flutters was a young adult and had her... thing, and lived alone
RD had a job and lived alone

None of them were 'teenagers'

But you're right on that BM AJ being twins, who knows, but he did seem older in that AJ lying flashback episode.

Doesn't change anything tho
>>
>>30652409
>>30652419

>I remember a fucking fortune cookie I got when I was six.
So? I remember eating out of a yoda pez dispenser or some shit when I was 5, yet I barely remember the personality or stories my granddad would tell me who died when I was 8 and I saw him on a daily basis. Memories are weird.
>>
>>30652416
He was referred to as older brother somewhere. Plus, if they were twins, that would more likely than not be said.

>>30652430
So you would decide to never ask or care about your parents after they died at the age of 6, because you remember eating pez but not your grandpa's tales? Are you sure you wanted to reply to me?
>>
>>30652430
This. I can't remember the personality of my grandmother who died when I was 6. I can't even remember her face cause the last time I saw her on the photo was few years after she passed. I do remember that we had great time together, but it's so distant now that these memories are on the level of the most elementary feelings.
>>
>>30652430
Even then, neither AJ or BM would've remembered anything about their parents or Mrs. cake? They wouldn't have been curious enough to ask about them any time before? They wouldn't have remembered anything about this?
>>
>>30652457
Yes I did care to ask about my grandpa, so I asked my parents, and considering apple parents only had granny who didn't want to talk about it, they didn't have my option.
>>
>>30652458

My cool grandfather died when I was three.

My abusive grandfather died before I was born.

Fate is cruel.
>>
>>30652470
>whole tight-knit Ponyville community that knew the parents and the kids
>whole Apple family that meets regularly to catch up and reminisce on the past
>they didn't have parents to ask about their parents, so that's why they couldn't know
nigger you're jumping through a lot of hoops to defend the plothole/episode right now
>>
>>30652484
Isn't it possible that they have talked about their parents, just not to the point where they discussed how they met and shit? Just because its possible that they could've learned about their parents, doesn't mean that opportunity ever presented itself. Reminiscing about dead loved ones together and telling their life story isn't something that you just start doing anywhere.
>>
>>30644638
Cut her dick off first of course
>>
>>30652518
Sure it's possible, just as it's possible that both their parents are in jail for murder. Is it likely? Is it the most reasonable assumption, to say "yeah they probably never bothered asking anyone about anything that could relate to their parents' backstory for 15 years and only now decided to go and find out on a whim"? No, it's not. If that's how the show wants it to be, they should also explain why this is the way it happened.
>>
>"Hey kids you have a grandpa that hates apples so much he disowned your mom and fucked off to another part of the country after making her choose between your dad and him."
If you dont understand why this sort of detail would be glossed over in favor of less controversial topics you're more socially inept than a guy wirh literal aspergers.
>>
>>30652735
If you can't think of a scenario where mentioning their mum was a Pear is completely normal, maybe it's you who needs to go outside more.
>>
>>30652789
This
My grandpa was a nazi, they didn't tell me until I was 16 or so but they still told me
>>
File: IMG_2546.png (578KB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2546.png
578KB, 3000x2000px
>>30652828
Lucky you
Thread posts: 130
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.