[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name some flaws of the show.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

Name some flaws of the show.
>>
>>30640304
Its fans.
>>
>>30640304
There are none
>>
>>30640304
Season 6.
>>
>>30640304
No crotchboobs and pone vags
>>
File: rarity new and I hate it.png (41KB, 296x213px) Image search: [Google]
rarity new and I hate it.png
41KB, 296x213px
>>30640304

Most of season 6, Glimmer being stuffed into many episodes where she is not needed, pretty much every Spike episode up until Gauntlet of Fire, no Princess slice of life episodes up until season 7, the lore & backstory of Equestria not being explored more.
>>
-Complete change of writing staff has led to flanderization of characters, re-treading of old episodes, regressing characters just to make the story work, etc.

-Overabundance of fanservice. Seriously, we don't need Derpy showing up in every fucking episode, along with every other remotely popular background character.

-Poochie. She serves no real purpose in the show; doesn't add anything new, and over half of her episodes are just "she tries to fix something with magic but then it backfires and she has to fix it".

-Almost anything the show does, the fandom has already done. This is just something that happens when a show goes on this long. The AJ parents episode felt dull and crappy because the concept of AJ's parents has already been done to death by the fandom. This reveal is about 4 seasons too late.
>>
>>30640304
its in hiatus
>>
>>30642852
calm down , 11 days.
>>
File: 1481720145761.jpg (1MB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1481720145761.jpg
1MB, 5000x5000px
>>30642881
U YOU WONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 106272121.jpg (252KB, 693x693px) Image search: [Google]
106272121.jpg
252KB, 693x693px
>>30642224
>crotchboobs
>>
>>30642837
Perfect Pear was better executed than most fan attempts to fill in the blanks.
>>
>>30642937
This.

I saw a few fics that almost did it to a better extent than the canonical reveal but the show has practically all of them outdone.
>>
>>30640338
Thread should have ended here.
>>
>>30640304
They tend to ignore really obvious things in the plot, and I mean things so obvious the target demographic would understand it. Like, for example, in No Second Prances they repeatedly brought up Trixie's "second chance" and how Twilight didn't seem to be genuinely trusting her for a """second chance""" when it was really a third chance; Twilight had every reason to not trust her after raping Ponyville not once, but twice already.

But hey, I hated everything about that episode anyway, so what do I know.
>>
>>30642248
I agree with pretty much all of this and nothing else.
>>
>>30640304
Old ponies and inferior to new ponies design-wise.
>>
>>30643165
>and
Are* fug.
>>
>>30640304
Season one is much more dull and kiddy compared to the rest of the show and its music is also comparitively lacking and set up a bunch of plot inconsistency that presented problems when writers wanted to tackle certain subjects in later seasons, yet it's praised literally for being the first.
>>
>>30640304
Lack of tea parties, episodes that teach me about the alphabet, and lack of gen 3.5 style animation.
>>
>>30640304
Rehashing Twilight into an incompetent character by the name of Starlight Glimmer, even going as far as to use the same fucking naming conventions as both Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer.
/thread
>>
>>30643282
If you were any more salty you would be a pickle.
>>
>>30640304
Starlight Glimmer's redemption
>>
>>30643282
You don't get to "/thread" your own post you pissy faggot.
>>
Introducing a new character and then giving her episodes that would work perfectly fine with characters that already exist instead of writing new episodes that take advantage of her.
>>
>>30643358
What Glimmer episodes would work better with a different character without said character being OOC? There may be one example but I can't think of it.
>>
>>30643404
Post reformation, obviously.
Nearly everything from season 7. Her episodes are a bit more centered on her in season 6, and the only one that can really work without her is Every Little Thing She Does, but in season 7 she just becomes completely redundant.

All Bottled Up could easily have been between Twilight and Trixie; with Trixie riling Twilight up because they have history together and eventually ending with them learning to be better friends and Trixie becoming more understanding.
And on a similar note, Trixie could also have taken Starlight's place in Rock Solid Friendship, since she's canonically met Maud before and have common ground, instead of 'lol, Starlight met Maud in the middle of the desert for no reason.'
A Royal Problem should have been about Twilight as well, and she acts OOC in it to justify sending Glimmer instead. I know Twilight idolizes Celestia, but they have spent time together (Twilight could keep her cool around her in Season 1,) and Twilight knows that Celestia makes mistakes. Ultimately, it would have been a good time to show Twilight standing on equal footing with the other Princesses, and come to understand the both of them better.
With ELTSD, you simply make Twilight become overwhelmed with the things that she needs to do with her friends and mind control them accidentally while looking for a magical solution. Something along the lines of 'I should probably reverse this, but this does really help solve my problem.' And then it ends with Twilight promising not to cast spells on her friends anymore because it's wrong to randomly cast spells on people and them forgiving her, because she's been their friend since season 1, instead of their friend for two hours.

Arguably, you could remove her from Season Six finale as well, and No Second Prances. The Finale since she doesn't actually do anything; it's all Thorax, and NSP because Trixie was only her friend to get back at Twilight, but I'm not going to defend that argument.
>>
>>30643524

It's like the character is worthless and turned even more people away from the show after the season 3 finale.
>>
>>30643524
Twilight has no reason to hang out with trixie in ABU and starlight fits the role much better, same with second prances.

Twilight was absolutely in character in A Royal problem, her god-like perception of the princess and freakout moments were probably the most in character twilight has been in a while and while yes she knows celestia makes mistakes, she would have a very hard time coming to terms with her having a friendship problem and would be way too safe trying to solve it, if she'd even try at all.

Any other character in ELTSD would have either been extremely OOC or would have no reason to be there.

All of your arguments are that these episodes could sort of work with other characters if the entire plot was changed and frankly, just don't work.
>>
>>30643617
>Twilight has no reason to hang out with trixie in ABU
Easily handwaved away. There's a million and one excuses to have Trixie accidentally teleport the table away and from there, everything is fine. Twilight needs to stick with Trixie at that point to find the table, episode plays as normal, both of them learn something about the other.
And Twilight doesn't hang out with Trixie in Second Prances. That's Trixie's friends job. Whether that friend is Glimmer or Pinkie or Spike, the episode is exactly the same. Twilight doesn't want her friend hanging out with Trixie, Trixie flubs that they're only friends to anger Twilight, they make up, the end.

>Twilight was absolutely in character
You and I must just have a different opinion of Twilight's character, so I don't think this argument is going to go anywhere useful. Yes, Twilight does idolize Celestia, but she's been shown to keep her cool around her before. Like after the Gala, or during the Season 4 finale, or even during NSP itself, where she arranges dinner between the two of them to introduce Glimmer. And even in Royal Problem, she recognizes that Celestia and Luna have a problem. (If I remember correctly. It's during when Glimmer is talking to her the second time and she's something like 'oh no, this is what caused Luna to turn into Nightmare Moon the first time,' or something.) She's not stupid. At the worst, Twilight asks for permission to switch their cutie marks and the episode continues as normal. At best, this is a perfect opportunity to have Twilight grow past her idolization and see Celestia as an equal; which was wasted on Glimmer.

ELTSD is about a pony becoming overwhelmed with pre-planned responsibility and panicking a magical solution. That works just as well for Twilight (who's done exactly that before) as it does for Glimmer.
>>
>>30643738
Like I said, yes Twilight could work and that situation, but Glimmer fits the role better, or atleast she does imo.

There is a different between being able to keep there cool around someone, which yes Twilight does fine around Celestia, and being able to critique or feel like you're in the position to give advice to someone, which would be a major conflict for Twilight, considering Celestia has always been her teacher and higher-up. Also all the implications that it was the princesses who needed help came from Glimmer, and being afraid of another Nightmare Moon situation is exactly what would stop Twilight from taking initiative.

Like you said Twilights already had a simular situation so her doing that episode would be redundant and regressive to her character.
>>
>>30640304
This board.
>>
File: 56825682.gif (2MB, 360x213px) Image search: [Google]
56825682.gif
2MB, 360x213px
>>30640304
dont you have enough of these threads already? why not try remembering why you enjoy the show for a change.
>>
File: 1494639160312.png (147KB, 455x430px) Image search: [Google]
1494639160312.png
147KB, 455x430px
>>30644148
>implying there's anything left to enjoy about the show
>>
>>30640304
>BREEZIES
Enough said.
>>
>>30640304
MMC not being a two parter.
The lack of RariTwi episodes.
Also this >>30640338

Well, that's about it.
>>
>>30640304
Vogel's pink OC.
>>
>>30640304
Cringy episodes
the 80% of the fandom
Glimmer's redemtion
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.