[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MLPFEMTORPG: It's all Ogre Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 12

File: mlpfmtorpg-2.0_core UNOFFICIAL.jpg (3MB, 1200x2559px) Image search: [Google]
mlpfmtorpg-2.0_core UNOFFICIAL.jpg
3MB, 1200x2559px
>2.0 Rules
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vHzWLmdeNMdwpV1ZZm7_odK8Se-M19KiiB6iZdOX0mg/pub
>2.0 Multiclasses
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_QNvNjIMKGivuMWayMOsOaXd-w9nCsnvnfyxEb4dbno/pub

>2.5 Rules
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CXF9Q2XUoq0Lzh0H8Zzk8gCq4GMkzB-pYTRxIfQGXH8/pub
>2.5 Multiclasses
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cPmFbL75JMGQ4im7iH9ySCJYh7tGP3g8eo1xIW5R8KA/pub

>Expanded Racials 3.7
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1h0SlmLGUjL6TgOGxxe8ww7yJPiZhfx5864v_6jwlYeg/pub

>Dice-bot Script
http://jsbin.com/amemah/latest

>OOC Chat
https://cytu.
be/r/Pretendhorse_Playhouse
>>
File: soul12.png (786KB, 670x668px) Image search: [Google]
soul12.png
786KB, 670x668px
>>30635276
Post your sheets for the 12th session of SoulQuest!
>>
File: 1498701577497.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1498701577497.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>30635284
https://pastebin.com/Rj4K62PK
>>
File: RWS_Tarot_08_Strength.jpg (28KB, 300x541px) Image search: [Google]
RWS_Tarot_08_Strength.jpg
28KB, 300x541px
>>30635284
https://pastebin.com/VZEJvkbs
>>
>>30635284
https://pastebin.com/VTQY3PfZ
>>
>previous thread: >>30589130
Alexis: 7/2
>Glavo: Fire/Sildo: Verdant Charm/Ilo: X
Pain: 5/3
>Glavo: Fish/Sildo: Flower/Ilo: Lesser Feline
Aether: 5/5
>Glavo: Water / Sildo: Earth Elemental / Ilo: Lesser Feline

Last time on Soul Quest:

Triple M, Pain Train, and Aether tore through the High Shaman's study, and located several useful notes to his plans regarding the Demons, the dragons, and Kachina
https://pastebin.com/rMfzZS2i (Notes here)
And after a brief scuffle upon being caught exiting the room (in which they obtained a Stone Elemental and additional Ogre Soul), they snuck their way towards the arena...

Meanwhile, Alexis had begun to tap into her Glavo abilities and with them defeated the Doomed Bear and even Grak's personal Ogre bodyguard sent her way, earning her a Bear and Ogre Knight Soul, before she attacked the High Shaman himself. She was about to lay the finishing blow when Pain Train interrupted the fight, laying down the finishing blow on a (literally) floored Grak as his flock of Goblins went fleeing out of the arena, leaving the quartet of ponies alone with the defeated High Shaman

>>30635316
Aether's magic manages to catch her right in the nick of time, slowing her descent and letting her land safely
>5/5 again

>>30635301
You lay down on your back and switch back to normal clothes from the robes and stare up at the cieling alone with the ponies around you (+ one goblin)

>>30635306
>>30635301
>>30635316
The High Shaman puts up no fight, having no energy for it anymore, as you scoop him back up over your haunches, he turns towards the manager, and snickers, "G-get off the island...? You are a fool... T-the entire island will be on high alert once those cowards inform the whole of my horde what's happened. I-I don't know how you got in here, but, my ogres and trolls will not let you leave with me alive."

He groans, "Ack...W-when did this afternoon go so terribly wrong...?"
>>
>>30635342
>>30635316
>>30635306
The ghost girl continues lying on her back, still looking a bit dazed.

"Aether? Pain? How did you find me, I left you back in Seele?"
>>
>>30635342
>"Please, you think they enjoy having to pay fealty to a scrawny little guy like you in exchange for not getting turned into a frog? I'd think they'd be happy for you to go." Market, says, laughing, "Management is never popular."
Pain Train starts walking with the shaman on his back, Market taking his staff.
>>30635345
"That far back huh? We thought you were trailing us."
>"Yeah kid, if you make your whole shpeel going invisible, maybe don't wander off on your own. Liable to get hurt. And we aren't liable for any injuries, try and send lawyers."
>>
>>30635345
>>30635382
Aether's still cat-like tail curls up a bit.

To Alexis, she says, "Uh, we came here to try to convince the Shaman to release the dragons from the spell they're under... Why are you here?" Her head tilts to the side as she asks the question, and the whiskers still on her face bounce a little.
>>
>>30635382
>>30635404
The girl slowly stands up.

"Wait you never realized I was gone? Its been like two hours!" she says, before realizing the shaman is on Pain's shoulders.

"Wait is that? I won!? You all saw that right? With the sword and the fire and everything?"
>>
>>30635435
>"Wait you never realized I was gone? Its been like two hours!" she says, before realizing the shaman is on Pain's shoulders.

"Well, we kinda thought you were with us this whole time... until we saw a letter about you in the Shaman's study," she says, now walking towards Pain Train.
>>
>>30635345
>>30635382
The Shaman gives out a cough, then writhes in his binds, "I brought the Tainted on this island more fortune than any Shaman before me! Any fool would be wise enough to see that letting the enemy escape with me would be completely foolish!" He growls, "Just you wait and see... however you got in here, there's only one way of you getting out in one piece. Release me, and surrender yourselves to my whims! Or do you WANT to end up like your princess?!"

>>30635404
>>30635451
The goblin shaman stares at you from Pain's back, "You went through my study....?! How dare... you have wasted your time, I would rather die than lift it."

>>30635435
>I won?!
The High Shaman turns to you with a pained look. "You took me off-guard, that's it..."

>>30635451
>>30635435
>>30635382
You wander out into the cave-halls outside of the arena, and see that the goblin audience that was so captivated earlier has fled the scene. There are no other enemies nearby but the exit back the way you came still contained enemies, to sneak your way back out without being detected roll for stealth.
>>
>>30635435
>"Kid calm down, we're just gonna interview the guy and then get the dragons to calm down. You know about the castle and the dragons and stuff? Eh, I'll fill you in on the boat, we're gonna get off the island now."
>>
>>30635451
"What did you just think I was being quiet the entire time? I've been all over the island, I-"

"I was on the Castle earlier fighting a giant ogre!"
>>30635468
"No seriously, did you see me? I cut off that huge Ogre's head and-"

"The souls!" she says, rushing over and grabbing the Bear and OK Souls.
>>30635465
Still following and talking with the others.
>>
>>30635465
>The goblin shaman stares at you from Pain's back, "You went through my study....?! How dare... you have wasted your time, I would rather die than lift it."

"Hey, I tried my best to keep everything as it should be. Your study is astounding. I, uh, guess I can't say those two did the same, though," she says, gesturing to the donkey and suited pony.

>>30635500
>"What did you just think I was being quiet the entire time? I've been all over the island, I-"

She says to Alexis, "Well, I, uh, assumed you didn't wanna talk anymore... after you disappeared..." she says, now looking down at the ground.
>>
>>30635500
"You don't have to lie to impress me kid, everyone's special."

>>30635465
(Want to end up like your princess?)

>"Not our princess, halfpint. Besides, apparently you haven't done much with her yet either."
(I would rather die than lift it.)
"That can be arranged"
>>30635465
[1d10] DC-1 sneak
>>
[1d10] DC -1 I sneak like I wink ;)
>>
>>30635569
is a reply to
>>30635465
>>
>>30635564
"I'm not lying, I killed a huge Ogre, the big one in the ring with the sword! And I went up to the castle and fought Gold Horns! It was completely crazy, I had this black robe on somehow from this necklace."

She says holding up the Verdant Charm [still around her neck]
>>30635551
"Oh. Right. Sorry about that, I just. Didn't know what to say."
>>
>>30635594
>"I'm not lying, I killed a huge Ogre, the big one in the ring with the sword! And I went up to the castle and fought Gold Horns! It was completely crazy, I had this black robe on somehow from this necklace."

Aether cuts Alexis off while she's finishing her sentence and, shocked, says, "Wait, you saw the demons already? How, what, are they... manageable?"
>>
>>30635594
"Alright, glad to hear it. Market says we're going back there anyways. Maybe you two can cut a promo together. Would be good for the cameras."
>>
File: trolls.jpg (67KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
trolls.jpg
67KB, 720x540px
>>30635551
Grak blinks at you, as though un-expecting of your compliment. "Really.... well, thank you." AS you refer to Pain and MMM, though, he glares. "Ooh... so my study is in ruins then, is what you are saying?"

>>30635564
"Not your.... aw, right. Your ghost friend told me of the land of 'movies'. Then, might I ask, what stake have you in rescuing Kachina?! F-free me, and perhaps we could strike a bargain?"

>>30635500
You collect the two souls left in the arena before following the others through the caves

>>30635575
>>30635564
>1+5/2 = 3
Unfortunately, as you move deeper into the tunnels, the Shaman does not do a good job of being a good prisoner, and yells frantically for help as you move through the caverns. "Graaaaah! Someone come and help your High Shaman already, will you?!"

And his calls do not fall on deaf ears. As you race back up the way you came down the tunnels in the first place, you find your path blocked off by the same pair of Trolls you encountered before, who practically run into you in your attempt to make your escape from the caverns. As they look down upon the intruders, they both stop and give a few wary blinks.
>"What da..."
>"Are dose...?"

Grak turns as best he can in Pain's belt, and shouts, "Forget what they are, you idiots! They have your leader!"

The two Trolls look to each other with their enormously misshapen eyes, and the pair reach for clubs they had on their back that they bust out for combat.
>"Whatever High Shaman say."
>"Mmmmm... me no tasted pony before. Bet taste good!"
>>
>>30635620
"Uh. Sort of? I cut the big one's arm off but then the silver one sort of punched me off the mountain."

"Somehow I survived." she looks down at her slightly transparent form, before quickly adding.

"Relatively speaking that is."
>>30635627
Alexis looks at Pain with confusion.

"Cut a-"

"He tried to kill me! He has this huge sword, and he's over twice as tall as you are!"
>>30635632
Alexis looks up at the giant Trolls.

"Whoa!"

"Glavo: Sokatsui!" she says, holding up her hoof as a blue fireball races from it and 'bursts' on contact with one on the Trolls.

[1d10]
[1d10]
>>
>>30635632
>"Ooh... so my study is in ruins then, is what you are saying?"

"Uhh... a bit..." she says, looking away from the Shaman.

>"Graaaaah! Someone come and help your High Shaman already, will you?!"

"Hey! Shh! We don't wanna get caught!" Aether says, a little oblivious to what he's trying to do.

But unfortunately, they encounter those trolls again.

"Ah, oh boy," she says when she sees them reaching for their clubs.

She casts a protective spell on herself once again. It's practically routine by now.
>>
>>30635661
"Hmm, yeah," she says, looking over Alexis' "battle scars."

But then, they're interrupted by the Shaman's very rude outburst.

Now, after casting her protective spell, Aether looks to Alexis.

"You'll probably need this, too," she says before casting a healing spell on the specter.

[1d10+2] Inure from blunt force
[1d10+2] Healing with Numeri ability
>>
>>30635632
>"Pain, do us a favor and shut the shaman up."
"What about the trolls?"
>"Two birds, one stone?"
"Ooh, yeah, good idea."

>No DQs: Triple M sneaks a foreign object into the battle for Pain Train to use in battle. Till the end of the combat, Pain Train gains a masterwork weapon with one free point he can assign from the Masterwork weapon skill. Fists of Fury does not affect the use of this weapon, but it disappears at the end of combat.
Weapon: Shaman (Catalyst, Single)

Pain takes the Shaman in his hooves, swinging him like a bat,
"Ball's in our court now. Time to..."
>Splash [1d10+2] Disgruntled, Masterwork Catalyst, DC-1 (single weapon)

1/2
>>
>>30635728
>5 + DC-1 is a hit
>(using The Mighty's ability)
"...batter up!"
2/2
>>
>>30635664
Grak lowers his ears and growls. "That IS about on par with the rest of this afternoon, I suppose..."

>>30635661
The fireball races out but misses its mark, impacting the tunnel's cieling as the hall shakes and the Troll moves past to strike at you, swinging his huge club with surprising speed, impacting you and dealing 5 hits (2/2), "Hah! Stupid! Trolls not scared of fire!"

>>30635707
>>30635661
You cast a successful barrier spell around yourself, Inuring yourself from Blunt force for 3 turns, and provide Alexis with some much needed healing, returning her to 7/3

>>30635728
You take the High Shaman into your hooves, holding him straight like a bat as the High Shaman goes stiff as a board. "What the... what are you doing? Put me down!"

"We save you High Shaman!"
"Wait, no, doooonn't!"
The High Shaman's cry comes too late as you slam the goblin into both of the trolls, sending them both flying backwards into the cave on their backs, almost turtle like in their difficulty to get up with their misshapen bodies. Grak is, understandbly, knocked out cold by the first swing, but stays stiff in your hooves to use as a weapon.
[1d10]
[1d10] The two Trolls try to rise
>>
>>30635762
>impacting the tunnel's cieling as the hall shakes
change to
*Impacting the tunnel's cieling, leaving a hot scorch mark where it landed
>>
>>30635762
"Oompf!" Alexis lets out as she's knocked backwards, sliding across the stone floor on her jacket.

Still flat on her back, she places her left hoof over her right wrist again.

"Glavo: Sokatsui!" she shouts as another blue fireball races out towards the Trolls.

[1d10] Crit 9+ Critfail 2-
>Expansive
>Cleave 2
>>
>>30635762
Pain Train continues to manhandle the goblin, swinging him against the head (so body) of a troll trying to stand
"What, I thought you were used to being beaten around by this guy!"
Shatter [1d10+2] Disgruntled, Masterwork, DC-1 (single weapon)]
>>
>>30635762
She now turns to cast another spell on Pain Train, but then she sees what he's doing.

"What are you doing!" she exclaims, seeing Pain Train wielding the Shaman like a fleshy club.
>>
>>30635829
"I'm fighting with my enemies, what does it look like?"
>>
>>30635836
She puts a hoof to her forehead and groans quietly, then casts a spell on the doofus anyway.

[1d10+2] Inure from blunt force on Pain Train
>>
>>30635805
The fire-ball hits its mark this time, bursting just between them in a way that scorches both Trolls on their arms and a significant part of their sides as they successfully stand up, quickly jumping around and patting themselves down trying to quell the fiery damage on their arms,
"Ah, hot hot hot hot!"
Troll 1 Regen [1d10]
Troll 2 Regen [1d10]

>>30635829
You shoot out another spell from your forehead and aim it towards the swing-happy Pain Train, who is now inured from Blunt force for 4 turns
>2 left of Blunt inure on yourself

>>30635819
You bring the stiffened, unconscious goblin up and slam it down on the first Troll's head, causing him to roar in pain and reach up to grab at his skull, which a satisfying crack seems to suggest you've shattered somewhat. "OWWWWW! Not like this we not! Ponies making Trolls angry.....!" He growls as they both reach for their clubs, and swing at the trio of enemies
[1d10+1] Cleave 3
[1d10+1] Cleave 3
>>
>>30635852
"Glavo: Sokatsui!" she says as fast as she can as they bring the clubs down on her.
>Alexis still lying on the ground, basically aiming straight up at them as they stand over her.

[1d10] Crit 9+ Critfail 2-
>Cleave 2
>>
File: CesaroSwingLARGE.gif (4MB, 642x360px) Image search: [Google]
CesaroSwingLARGE.gif
4MB, 642x360px
>>30635852
"Don't worry, you can't be angry if you're unconscious. Lemme help."

Pain says, gaining momentum by swinging around in a circle with the goblin's body, before slamming it into the one he Shattered.
>Splash [1d10+2] Disgruntled, Masterwork Catalyst, DC-1 (single weapon), Crit on 8+ (Shatter)
>>
>>30635852
After successfully casting a protective spell on Pain Train, Aether casts one more on Alexis. She's on a roll, that girl.

[1d0+2] Inure from blunt force on Alexis
>>
>>30635896
[1d10+2] i didn't break anything
>>
>>30635875
You fire the Sokatsui at the Trolls again, this one of the two Trolls blocks it with their club just in time as it bursts upon it instead, moving forward to kick you while you're on the ground
>6/3

>>30635886
You begin swinging the unconcious goblin around as your unwilling tag-partner, moments away from slamming him into the Shattered troll before he manages to successfully use his club to block the incoming shaman, busting him on that instead and putting a stop to your spin before he grabs you by your leg, and tosses you into the walls of the tunnel, "Stop using High Shaman like club! You hurt his head bad! Give him brain cabbage or somethin'!"
>0/2

>>30635903
>>30635886
>>30635896
The trio bring down their clubs next upon all three of you, but are met with Aether's impenetrable barriers as they stare on in awe.
"What the....?" one asks as he grumbles, trying to slam it down upon each of you in turn to no avail
[1d10+1] Troll 1 cleaves
[1d10+1] Troll 2
>Alexis inured for one turn
>Pain 3 more
>Aether 1 more
>>
>>30635928
The ghost girl looks up in horror as the clubs are brought down, before being stopped by the sudden bubble shield. She looks over to Aether, giving her a quick nod as she turns and begins crawling away from the trolls.

>"Come on, just get hit already." she thinks frustrated as she lines up another shot.

"Glavo: Sokatsui!"

[1d10] Cleave 2
>>
>>30635928
Aether winces at the sound of donkey hitting wall.

"Ooh..."

However, her vicarious experience of pain is interrupted by the sudden appearance of trolls coming at them with heavy clubs. She braces for impact, but thankfully, her protective bubble holds, and she sighs in relief as the trolls keep knocking at her door.

>>30635951
>She looks over to Aether, giving her a quick nod as she turns and begins crawling away from the trolls.

"Uh, if that's a thank you... you're welcome?" she says, out of earshot of Alexis, however, as she crawls away to get a better angle.
>>
>>30635928
Pain thinks about the possible head trauma he's giving the shaman,
"That's a good point, we'll just do it one more time for good measure."
Pain Train swings the goblin's body at the legs of the trolls from the ground, intent on tripping them while he gets up
>Tumble [1d10+2:] Disgruntled, Masterwork, DC-1 (single weapon)]
>>
>>30635969
[1d10+2]
>>
>>30635951
>>30635951
The trolls continue wailing on the bubble shields Aether provided with no hope of success as you manage to fire off one more fire ball towards the Trolls, this one impacting directly upon one of their overly-large faces and burns him terribly, the troll falling backwards from the burst as the flames scorch his entire face, leaving him writhing on the ground for a moment in a vain attempt to recover before he goes flat, and you see a tiny sphere form from a final breath in his mouth.

"Uh oh..." The other Troll says slowly

>>30635973
>>30635969
From your downed position, you swing Grak directly at the legs of the Troll you had shattered earlier, breaking his stance as he starts to topple over just as you get up, "Wwwwwooooaaah!" He cries out as he falls over and slams his head on the side of the wall, a final deep 'uggh' leaving his lips as the rest of his skull breaks, and he slumps down to the side of the cave. You stand up (5/2), and another Soul leaves his mouth as well

>Troll Soul (x2)
>-Offense: Troll Hunter; passive: When you damage a troll or Troll Soul user, increase the recharge of its Regenerate by 2. This does not stack with itself, but a newer effect replaces an older effect.
>-Defense: Regenerate; instant recharge 2: Regain all hits and 1 wound and Mend injuries on self.
>-Utility: Berate, recharge 3: Select up to DC enemies. These enemies cannot attack anyone but you next turn. Out of combat this can be used to antagonist or anger, forcing a hostile reaction.
>-Drawback: You cannot be magically healed or mended.

>>30635967
After your friends deal with the Trolls, the pounding ceases, and you see a very unconscious, very lumpy-headed Grak in Pain's hooves following the end of the battle.
>>
>>30636011
Alexis exhales and floats over to the Troll, taking the Soul and absorbing it.

"I still can't believe I can do that.' she says.

"You said you brought a boat right? I really need to sit down."

>Equipping Troll Sildo
>Out of combat, automatic heal
>>
>>30636011
>>30636070
Aether stares at the other soul. She doesn't like how those souls appear in front of the dead baddie's mouth every time. It's very unpleasant. Regardless, she wants it, and she cautiously edges close to retrieve it, and zips away from the corpse once she absorbs it.

>"You said you brought a boat right? I really need to sit down."

"Oh, yes, we have a boat. It's outside."

She looks around.

"Uhh, where's that...? Do either of you remember?" she asks Pain Train and Mr. Market.
>>
>>30636011
Pain train rubs his back, blood trailing from a shoulder,

"Alright, onwards it is. Oof."

Pain puts the goblin back on his back.

>>30636152
>"Follow me, I've got the memory of a exwife." market says, Pain following behind with a wound still bleeding.
>>
>>30636164
"Ah, ooh, you look... not so good," she says, seeing him bleeding.

"Do you... want me to heal you?" she asks, as if she needs permission.

"And... what do ex-wives have to do with memory?"
>>
>>30636178
>"They never forget." Market says, groaning at a personal memory.

"Uh, sure. No onstage medics around."
>>
>>30636188
She scratches her head at Market's response, but shrugs it off and casts a healing spell on Pain.

A U T O M A T I C R I G H T?
>>
File: mono.png (240KB, 500x432px) Image search: [Google]
mono.png
240KB, 500x432px
>>30636070
>You absorb the Troll Soul and equip it as your Sildo, healing to 7/4
>>30636197
>Indeed! You heal Pain up to 5/3
>>30636152
>>30636164
Using Triple MMM's superb memory, the team of ponies take their unconscious captive and break for the surface of the tunnels, easily finding their way through back the way they came. As they travel, they hear alarms begin to be sounded by way of horn throughout the cavern halls, and narrowly avoid patrols on their way back up to the the view of the black beaches. Looking out at the view of the beach, you see the sun is beginning to set in the distance, lightly obscured by the massive gas giant this planet orbits.

The small group of goblins that was here when Aether and Pain had arrived (the one they stole their first informant from) on the island has scattered, clearly moved by the emergency as you notice patrols starting to move around the shores. You can see your rowboat is safe and undisturbed among the rocks you hid it in. You can make it to your boat safely without being detected, though once you row out of cover it will require one last stealth to avoid being caught by the tower sentries surrounding the beaches.
>>
>>30636209
>>30636197

sneak [1d10] DC-1
then switching Utility soul back to Ogre

Pain's cat-like features disappear as his wounds start to knit back together.
"Ah, thanks Aether."
>>
>>30636209
The ghost floats with the others, leaving the caverns behind and returning to the boat, letting Pain and Aether set them sailing.
>>
>>30636229
"You're welcome."

>>30636209
"I think the boat is still there," she says, pointing it out before proceeding towards it.
>>
>>30636209
>>30636255
Aether gets in the boat and she starts to work her magic. A mass of magic forms at the back of the boat, and a stream of water starts to spew from it.

"This should get us back a little more quickly. And hopefully more quietly," she says, taking a peek back at the beach, making sure no goblins are coming after them yet.

[1d10] DC -1 Sneak
>>
>>30636229
>>30636255
>>30636259
>>30636287
The group moves towards the boat in as silently as they can to take it from the rocks and row out to sea away from Ogre Island with the Shaman in tow. However, as Aether takes the water Glavo and begins to spray out of the back to provide motion, the sounds of splashing water brings the attention of unwanted company.

"INTRUDERS! Intruders spotted!" You hear the shrill, nasally voice of a goblin calling out from one of the towers, blowing into an alert horn as the group sets out into the water. The row-boat is well underway towards the far shore of the larger island, but a series of goblin archers begins shooting down at the party with arrows

[1d10] Aether
[1d10] Pain
[1d10] Alexis

>If you are using an ability to make the boat row faster, roll it for the effectiveness of speed to get away quicker from your enemies. The goblins can only be hit by Ranged or Spell attacks
>>
>>30636364
"Oh, for... that wasn't as quiet as I thought it'd be..." she says in exasperation as she hears the loud splashes her water jet makes.

"Ah, that's not good..." she says in response to the goblin sounding an alert.

She then sees the archers pull their bows.

"Really not good."

She, not worries about being quiet anymore, ramps up the intensity of her water jet to get outta there as soon as possible.

[1d10+2] Magic the sh!t outta it
>>
>>30636364
Alexis ducks and covers, looking to Aether.
>>30636287
"Go faster!" she shouts, holding her hooves over her head.
>>
>>30636396
[1d10] Switching Souls

>If successful replace Fire Elemental Glavo with Water Elemental Glavo.
>>
>>30636364
Pain holds up the shaman's body as a shield

"Try shooting again! I dare you!"
Pain shouts.
>"I didn't even need to tell you that one, nice thinking on the spot."
"Pony Breaker did it two years ago when he was getting boo'd off the stage, figured they wouldn't throw their sodas at the crowd favorite."
>"Mean sonofabitch minotaur, but didn't they do it anyways?"
"Well... whatever, it should be fine."
>>
>>30636396
"Trying! I'm trying!" she yells in reply over the increasingly loud magic water jet.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dzd7_-7IaU

>>30636399
As the archers' arrows sling out at you all from the guard towers, none of them come close to hitting home, the arrows slamming into the water as the goblins try to hit you.

You focus your hoof into the water and ramp out the intensity of your jet, firing it off more powerfully than earlier as the row-boat begins to speed away from danger.

>>30636396
>>30636399
As the arrows hit only the sides of the boat and the water, you manage to successfully switch off your Glavo mid-combat, and your Fire is changed into Water for offensive abilities

>>30636401
As you hold up the High Shaman's body, the goblin archer gasps, "WAIT! Hold fire!" He shouts as he suddenly turns his target around to a nearby fellow archer, who he accidentally releases the arrow towards and shoots him dead in the head. This archer likewise looses his arrow towards another archer, who is also shot dead into the water, and the last one lets loose his into the first's chest, causing him to fall over in pain. "GAaaggh! B-be-careful! They have the High Shaman! Get the boats, get the boats!"

The row-boat is moving away more powerfully now, though the archers try to shoot for the boat itself to damage it rather than the High Shaman (DC 8 for a specific shot
[1d10]
[1d10]
[1d10]
>>
>>30636437
First quote meant for >>30636395
>>
>>30636437
Still not in the clear, Aether starts sweating bullets as she concentrates on making the water jet jet water more and more quickly.

[1d10+2]
>>
>>30636437
"Hmm..." Pain says, realizing that they're still going to shoot. "Better make the best of things."

Pain Train sticks the shaman half way into the water, feet first, and starts using him as an oar.
[1d10+2] Ogre strength (moving objects)
>>
>>30636459
[1d10+2] MORE JETS!
>>
>>30636437
Sitting in the boat, Alexis holds her right hoof out, left hoof on her wrist as she shoots out a massive blast of water behind her propelling the boat forward.

>Ideally to dodge that last arrow.

[1d10] Gotta go fast

[1d10] Also using Regenerate, as that is a medical condition.
>>
File: giphy.gif (129KB, 416x288px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
129KB, 416x288px
>>30636459
>>30636473
You concentrate on your water jet and make it burst out in even more speed than before, the black skull of ogre island beginning to become more and more distant, however as you do so a lucky arrow manages to hit your hoof, cutting along it deeply and forcing you to draw your hoof back
>0/4

>>30636474
The arrows keep firing down from the guard towers as the boat flees, powered by your watery geyser, but one arrow manages to successfully strike home and shatters part of the wood on the forward part of the boat. The damage is extensive, however, it isn't drawing on that much water, and the boat is still stable.
>Regeneration success, 7/5

>>30636469
Taking the unconcious shaman into your hooves once more, and using your amazing champion-like pectorals, you use him as a powerful rowing tool that puts your boat far ahead of any more arrows. You continue paddling like there's no tomorrow with your Ogre-like strength, and before long you are completely out of view of the guard-towers, and the black-skull-face of Ogre Island departs as you make your way across the channel back to the mainland safely. The shaman, miraculously, is still knocked out completely cold even when used as a humble oar, and the three of you are safely traversing the ocean.
>>
>>30636540
*still on the ocean blue though, to be clear
May automatically use the geysers (or the shaman if you please) to keep moving with no more rolls
>>
>>30636540
She starts looking less and less tense the further away Ogre Island is getting, but then...

"AAH, CELESTIA—!" She yells abruptly. She falls on her side in pain and looks at her forehoof to find an arrow stuck in it.

"AH!" she screams again. She clenches her teeth as she audibly sucks air into her lungs.
>>
>>30636540
Alexis leans back in the back of the boat, letting her head drop so that her hair is dragging through the water as the magic speedboat propels onward.

"Ehehehehehehe." she laughs, looking up at the rapidly darkening sky, the stars beginning to become visible overhead in the alien sky.
>>
>>30636571
"Hmmm...!" she hums not so quietly, still looking at the arrow lodged in her hoof.

Half panicked, she tries to pull the arrow out of her hoof with her magic as carefully as she can, but regardless it's painful, and she yelps loudly when it's finally out, some tears rolling down her face.
>>
>>30636540
>"Man Pain Train, remind me to take you on a gondola ride in Benice."
"What, with me rowing?"
>"Well, that oar..."
"Or what?"
>"No as in, that oar sure is working out for you."

(continued rowing)
>>
>>30636577
>>30636571
Alexis jolts her head up, pony tail soaked as she hears Aether's sudden scream, seeing the arrow.

"You can fix that right?"
>>
>>30636596
The arrow still in her telekinetic grip, she throws it away with an angry grunt into the ocean. She huffs as she casts a spell on her hoof that stops the bleeding.
>>
File: sun sets.jpg (138KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
sun sets.jpg
138KB, 1440x810px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H53v114zLVs

>>30636572
As you let your head droop, you hear the calls of birds flying overhead in the channel heading back to the main island, and above the sun continues to set below the horizon as the gas-giant rises above the clouds, things finally at peace after a hectic few hours.

>>30636577
>>30636619
You swiftly pull out the arrow from your hoof, and sadly it's as painful as you might imagine. Your wound starts to pour a little blood after the offending tool is yanked out, but the countless healing spells taught to you by your teacher should help cover that real quick.
>5/5

>>30636584
The ocean is quiet save for the sounds of the rowing of the water and the calls of what seems to be sea-gulls above. You can see the shore you left from Kachina (the island) on coming up soon, and further down the coast line you see a number of lights on the southern-eastern most tip of the island, miles away.

As you row, you feel your oar occasionally beginning to stir. "Ugggh... whaaaa... grruhh...." as he seems to slip in and out of consciousness with each stroke. You can knock him back into unconsciousness to keep rowing with him or slap him awake at your leisure.
>>
>>30636619
Alexis exhales with relief when she sees Aether is okay, and lowers her hair back into the water, her head sitting on the back of the boat.
>>
>>30636623
Pain continues rowing with the conscious goblin
>>
>>30636623
That arrow definitely was a downer on her day (though perhaps not as much as being captured was on the Shaman's day). The arrow's out of her, and her wound is healed, but her face still has a sour expression. She looks to Pain Train, then to Market, then to Alexis, not knowing what to do or say.

And not knowing what to do or say, she sits down roughly and pulls out of her saddlebags her copy of Sunburst's Mystic Manual to read again, letting Pain do the... rowing.

After a minute or two of constant page flipping, she puts her book back as swiftly as she took it out.

"I don't like this! I came here to learn! Not get attacked by monsters or shot with arrows! I haven't even made any—mm, ugh!"

She turns around and drops her chin to rest on the edge of the boat, looking at the actually quite breathtaking sunset. She sighs and mumbles to herself.
>>
>>30636706
>>30636623
Alexis looks up again when Aether begins talking, her ponytail still soaking wet from dragging behind the boat.

The ghost's face goes through a myriad of expressions, confused, concerned, awkward, etc, before finally settling on one.

She starts snickering in laughter.
>>
>>30636750
She lifts her head up to look at Alexis, staring at her with equal parts annoyance and confusion.

"W-what's so funny?" she asks, in equal parts annoyance and confusion.
>>
>>30636760
"Oh nothing." she says grinning.

"Its just I've been thinking the same thing since we got here. I did not sign up for this." she says laughing again, looking up at the gas giant.

"Still though. I've had worse days. I mean, I couldn't do this yesterday." she says, shooting a blast of water off the side of the boat in an arc, flying through the air before the spray lands in the water far away.
>>
>>30636777
>"Didn't sign up? Man, you got the short end of the stick. Learn to write a contract, it's like signing someone to servitude, and THEY want it!"
"Hey..."
>"Just joking around, Pain. Sheesh."
>>
>>30636777
Aether's countenance grows lighter, and she herself begins to chuckle, sharing in Alexis' laughter.

"I'm glad—I'm glad I have someone to share that feeling with. Like being unprepared. And, yeah, the magic in this world is... remarkable," she says, taking a glance at that cat tail of hers before it changes back into her normal pony tail.

(unequipping lesser feline from utlity slot)
>>
>>30636796
"Its crazy. I feel like I'm walking around a manga or something."

"Like, dead high school senior goes to alien planet, becomes a ninja." she says laughing.

"Isn't that the stupidest premise you've ever heard?"
>>30636786
"I didn't sign anything. Okay look, let me tell you the story because I think I haven't brought it up yet." she says like she's beginning a funny story.

"I was sitting alone in the movie theatre in Manehatten, past closing, watching the new Fast and the Furious flick. You know the ones where the bald guy drives a car and everything blows up for no reason?"

"And I get seen by an usher. Which wouldn't normally be too weird except I'm FUCKING INVISIBLE at the time. And the usher is all 'oh Alexis I know your pain, come with me to meet my master at Yggrasil!"

"The movie's off by this point, the storm took it out, and I'm standing there like this." she says holding her mouth open.

"Like what the fuck right? And then she tells me if I want to....deal with some personal business, I should come to Yggrasil on planet Tetra. I was imagining like chrome buildings and laser blasters or something, going there by spaceship. Instead she just teleports me here, and the next thing I know I'm in the middle of the fucking jungle staring at that thing."

She says pointing to the gas giant.

"At least there's little green men though right?" she says looking to the Shaman.
>>
>>30636815
>"Uh-huh, touching. Trust me, if this all goes well, I know who's gonna be making a little green." Market comments with little care, rubbing his hooves together.
>>
>>30636828
"Is that why you two are here? What did some alien just walk into your office one day and go 'hey Pain Train's screaming manager, want to make five million bits?' and your eyes just turned into big green dollar signs before she ported you too?"
>>
>>30636815
>"Like, dead high school senior goes to alien planet, becomes a ninja. Isn't that the stupidest premise you've ever heard?"

Aether giggles and nods in reply, in a quite jovial mood now.

>"At least there's little green men though right?" she says looking to the Shaman.

She gets that joke, and she giggles again.
>>
>>30636828
>>30636835
>"Uh-huh, touching. Trust me, if this all goes well, I know who's gonna be making a little green."

"Uh, green? Oh, you mean money? I'm not quite sure how the monetary system works here..."
>>
>>30636845
>>30636835
>"No no, as if I came here for money," Market says, contradicting his previous statement, "See, I saw an opportunity for Pain."
>Market lowers his voice, crossing his hooves in satisfaction with himself, "Now, Pain Train may be a champion of a wrestling ring where we come from, but these folks don't know what that's supposed to mean. Whatever showed up to me clearly didn't know what television is. They were looking for a champion, see, and who better than the Saddlemania Series Champion of the ETF? Now, that may sound well and good, but you know what sounds better?"
>Market lets a brief pause fall over the boat, before resuming,
>"Champion of the world. Or rather, a world. But still: World Champion. Think of the fame, you've already seen how people react. And are they wrong to act as such? Of course not."
>>
>>30636858
>"Champion of the world. Or rather, a world. But still: World Champion. Think of the fame, you've already seen how people react. And are they wrong to act as such? Of course not."

Aether stares at Market now with an expression of 100% confusion.

"Uh, okay, if that's how the wrestling world works... I don't really know much about wrestling..."
>>
File: Justice-League-Unlimited-Opening.jpg (341KB, 1920x960px) Image search: [Google]
Justice-League-Unlimited-Opening.jpg
341KB, 1920x960px
>>30636858
"Wait really? They've mastered intergalactic travel but they didn't realize that wrestling was fake?"

"They should have had Princess Luna out here, or someone from the Justice Association* or something."

>*Friendly reminder that SQuestria is technically a capeshit setting, with PC-level beings dressing up in spandex to fight crime in many major cities.
>>
>>30636881
"Yeah, it's strange, Ms. Sparkle was with me when the alien from Yggdrasil, uh, 'invited' me to come here, but she said she couldn't come with! I, uh, honestly would think the Princess of Friendship would be more suited to the task, she has a lot more experience than me dealing with, uh, this sort of thing..." she says, ending it with a light chuckle.
>>
>>30636881
>"That's the best part. You know who's on TV more than guardsmen or the princesses themselves? That guy. Of course whatever they were came to me first." Market brings up his voice again "And wrestling isn't fake, it's just performance. Most people there are strong enough to kill eachother, but the real strength those guys have is pulling off what they do without harming eachother. Seriously, Pain could rip the head off one of those goblins, even before we started using these soul things."
"I dunno, but the strength is needed for the act to actually look realistic. You can't have ballerinas dancing up there, it isn't the same."
>>
>>30636946
"Whatever, the point is you're no Mysterious Maredowell you're an athlete at BEST. If the aliens were looking for a 'champion' why you? And more importantly, why you?" She says, the second "You" being directed to MMM.
>>30636928
"And what sort of thing is this by the way? It seems like all of us were 'invited' under different circumstances."
>>
>>30636975
>"And what sort of thing is this by the way? It seems like all of us were 'invited' under different circumstances."

"Ah, hah, I wish I knew exactly. She said sensed my intentions were pure and that I 'mean to protect our worlds.' I, uh, I guess so, but I dunno how—or from what, even!"
>>
>>30637002
>She said sensed
should be
>She said she sensed by the seashore[/
>>
>>30636975
>Do you see anyone else advertising themself as a champion? They don't have superheroes here, why would she know to look for them. But here, here we have a burly man fighting other 'paragons of strength' who is clearly labeled a Champion."
>Market cracks his neck and grins, as Alexis asks her second question, "As for me? Every hero needs someone to write their stories - a herald to announce their arrival. Besides, if there isn't any TV here, I'll bring the same magic you see on the screen. In short: *I* make *him* look *good*." Market enunciates, putting biting finality into every other word. "Plus, he's still a contracted employee. I've gotta stick around, for paperwork reasons."
>>
>>30637016
>>30637002
"It still doesn't make any sense to me. Even if we assume you're both right, and the aliens are stupid enough to think we could help with whatever it is, where do I fit in?"

"Aether is the student of the Princess, so I can kind of see where they'd make that mistake. And Pain Train and you [MMM] are kind of fake heroes. Performance heroes, whatever."

"But what about me? I'm a B-student from Fillydelphia whose only noteworthy skills are being good at sports. Not even the best, just good!" she exclaims.
>>
>>30637048
"If I may butt in, have you thought that it may be how your slate is still blank? I'm a hero to kids, she's a bookworm scholar or something. But stories are best when the character develops along the way, right?"
Pain laughs, uncommonly talkative, "Think of it like a storybook, you've accepted the call to adventure, now here's the quest. And at the end? Perhaps an answer to a question you have, or a you who has a purpose. There are plenty of opportunities here to grow, you know."

>"That's too sappy, could just be she's good at being invisible, sneakthief kinda thing going on."
>>
>>30637048
>>30637064
>"...Not even the best, just good!"

>"...There are plenty of opportunities here to grow, you know."

Aether scratches her head.

"Yeah," she starts to say after Pain's speech (and ignoring Market), "it seemed like the alien was interested in character... maybe she saw something in you that, uh, significant. Special."

She takes a step closer to Alexis.

"Ms. Sparkle tells me doing great things doesn't make somep0ny special, but having good character, because that pony's capable of doing and being a lot more. And those are the friends you want to make."
>>
>>30637064
"I'm seconding sappy. I'm no hero. And I'm not here looking for a 'purpose'. Just, sorting something out." she says looking away.

"And I'm not a thief."

"Usually." she mutters that last part.
>>30637100
"I think Pain's manager being here kind of disproves that argument doesn't it? I mean if they wanted character they'd have done what I said and brought superheroes."

"Also that's really sappy."
>>
File: mountains.jpg (152KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
mountains.jpg
152KB, 2048x1152px
After a fairly lengthy boat-ride across the channel to Kachina Island, Pain Train's goblin-oar barely stirs as he muddles in his comatose state before hitting the sandy turf of the shore, landing not far from where Aether/Pain had set out from initially. The sun has finally gone down, and the sky is illuminated without countless alien constellations, a partially full gas-giant illuminating the skies along side one of the two moons you saw upon arrival. The chirps and calls of animals from in the jungle behind the beach cry out, but other than that it is peaceful and secluded. The lights from the town on the southern edge of the island have disappeared beyond an outcropping of the shore, but you remember where it was.

The mountain of Kachina looks over you all with the singular appearing moon's light cast over it, a light shining over the fated battleground for Kachina's future.

Just as the row-boat hits the sand and runs ashore, the goblin finally stirs from his catatonic state, wincing and writhing around in Pain's grasp. "Oowwwww.... my h-head... where.... where am I? Why is it so dark...?"

>[PAUSED]
Thread posts: 104
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.