[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can any being rule for centuries and not go mad from the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: full.jpg (69KB, 700x482px) Image search: [Google]
full.jpg
69KB, 700x482px
How can any being rule for centuries and not go mad from the power? Why hasn't Equestria been turned into North-Korea yet?
>>
>>30617488
Cake and Tea... and harem of ready and willing guards and maids~

>"AAAAAAARRRGH! That's it! I've had enough! I'm declaring martial law! Any stallion caught outside will be gelded and the mares put in the breeding stockades! And the foals, the foals will be taken to the Rainbow Factory and-"

*Suddenly Cake and Horse Cocks*

>"... Ugh, alright I'll just tax the shit out of-"

*Suddenly Tea and Mare Vagoos*

>"... Yay~"
>>
>>30617488
Because it's a show for kids, not your average ego-titillating fantasy for /pol/tards
>>
>>30617488
because Celestia is not a filthy commie
>>
>>30617488
Because while Celestia isn't some kind of god, she still is quite intelligent, so she herself limited her power and put a lot of it into hooves of nobility, so even if she went mad she would be stopped
>>
>>30617488
By enjoying what they do. Sure, some parts suck, but you know the old saying: Get a job doing what you love and you'll never work a day of your life.
>>
>>30617650
>meanwhile, somewhere in the multiverse airs a show made specifically for tyrants, despots and all sorts of dictators
>>
>>30617488
Right? She HASN'T turned into an insane, irrational tyrant. Her people all just do exactly what she wants and drop everything they're doing to praise her and hold elaborate, expensive ceremonies whenever they know she's coming all on THEIR OWN without any coercion at all.

She gave great power and a kingdom to a socially awkward, naive bookworm for MAKING FRIENDS and everyone GENUINELY LOVES this pony because she definitely deserved it and not because they are all FUCKING TERRIFIED of her mentor: their LOVELY, KIND and TOTALLY NOT CRAZY demigod overlord.
>>
Ponies are better than humans.
>>
>he fell for the 'power corrupts' meme
Power does not corrupt. The corrupt seek power.
>>
>>30617488
In my head canon Celestia went nearly mad with grief after banishing her sister to the moon and hid herself away in the wilderness for 300 years or so. Ponies fell into disharmony and the strife and conflict between pegasus, unicorn, and earth ponies continued to grow until the founding of Canterlot, commemorated in the Hearth's Warming Eve celebration. Without any ruler though, a sort of aristocracy developed (Prince Blueblood is actually a descendant of that aristocracy, and not actually a blood relation to Princess Celestia). Then Princess Celestia returned, having developed a plan to recover her sister, "The Stars Will Aid Her Escape", although it took many decades of political maneuvering for her to regain the throne and wrest power away from the aristocracy. Since then, Equestria continued to flourish, as the Everfree Forest grew into wilderness. Princess Celestia developed her plan to recover the Elements of Harmony and return Princess Luna, redeemed, to Equestria.

Yeah, I was drunk when I thought all that shit up.
>>
>>30617488
Y'know, when one king of Sparta was asked why he's limiting his royal powers and thus taking power from his descendants, he answered that instead, he was extending the power, because it will last longer.

>>30618018
Also this.
>>
File: 1431847820098.png (219KB, 445x513px) Image search: [Google]
1431847820098.png
219KB, 445x513px
>>30617488
Probably because power is not the end she seeks as most politicians do, she genuinely seems to care about her subjects and is perfectly willing to defend them personally, even if she loses.

She refers to them as 'her' little ponies, more than just the show's tagline, a possessive, she likely views them all as her children and they are very much like children to her, she's essentially the shepherd guiding her flock. We don't see many servants attending to her whims, and we've gotten proof that she even does her own cooking, and despite the obvious reverence her subjects have for her, she's laid back and casual with them. If their society were democratic, the ponies would likely vote her in regardless because she represents everything a pony should be, a natural and good leader who keeps the best interests of her country in mind, even if it means giving up her power as she did with Tirek.
>>
Celestia knows she will be the ruler of Equestria for thousands more years, meaning she has a low time preference rate. Since allowing freedom means more long-term prosperity, meaning more wealth she can tax in the future. It's a simple matter of economics.
>>
Bumping for no particular reason
>>
>>30620953
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.