[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lmao

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: ayolmao.png (163KB, 422x478px) Image search: [Google]
ayolmao.png
163KB, 422x478px
If a fandom nerd can make something of this quality, then what the fuck is Hasbro doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6s8qZhTQIg

Like, you pay people to produce your shoddy content.

Hasbro, your fucking trash.
>>
How can a company be so lazy?
>>
I can't stand how apathetic Hasbro is.

It permeates everything.

I don't think anyone in the video game industry is even as bad as Hasbro when it comes to MLP. It's like they use the popularity of their product to justify doing a shitty job (they're going to make money anyway, why put any effort into it).

I'd almost say it's analogous to the way WWE treats its audience but I don't even think it's on the same level as that.
>>
>>30607966
All this is is perspective change.
There's barely any character animation. Also it probably took months, a typical MLP episode takes a week and looks better than this considering this is slideshow tier animation with 60fps background movement. Nothing special on a technical level nor is their fluidity in character movement.

I also don't know what you're expecting. It's a kid's show, the way it looks is fine. If you want extreme detail you're in the wrong place.
>>
>>30608216
Your fucking retarded if you don't notice the quality change from that content that wasn't paid for, is literally a free fan content open to the masses, and took for a one man team. Compared to the numerous writers, animators, and quality check in Hasbro's executive.

and also,

>It's a kids show.

Avatar was a kids show, and still had some semblance of quality with it's semi-realistic artstyle.

Also, are you five? Are you a child? I don't think you belong here with that logic.
>>
File: hw.png (38KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
hw.png
38KB, 1000x1000px
>>30608216
>>
>>30608260
An even better example would be Hasbro's pony plushes vs fanmade plush commissions. I know that Hasbro factories are on a schedule and a budget, but most plush makers don't have even a tiny fraction of capital compared to hasbro. They could easily sheck out tons of decent plushes, yet they choose to be lazy.
>>
>>30608323
I just wish that Hasbro had self-esteem.
>>
>>30608260
>quality change from that content that wasn't paid for, is literally a free fan content open to the masses, and took for a one man team. Compared to the numerous writers, animators, and quality check in Hasbro's executive.
Are you talking about months of work made to impress fans Vs. a week of work made for literal children in order to keep numbers average for an episodic tv show whose purpose is to sell toys? Are you actually retarded or just pretending?

>Avatar was a kids show
Avatar wasn't geared towards little girls in an attempt to teach friendship and sell dolls. MLP isn't nearly as deep as Avatar nor was any other fucking show on Nick at the time. Fuck dude, TLAB, ALoK, Teen Titans, and the Boondocks are probably the only western shows with a distinct anime-like artstyle. So comparing any of those to MLP—which again is just made for actual children under 9—is beyond retarded.
>>
>>30608401
Theres ignoring the obvious qualities in the show that make it shine, but giving the reason that MLP is just a kids show for children under 9 years old, while there is a fervent and gigantic fandom of grown-ups and your telling me too just accept that it's just a shitty cartoon show?

Tell me, why do you watch mlp? It's for 9 year olds, so it has no reason to attract your attention.
>>
>>30607966
Of all the fan animations you could have chosen to promote "quality" from the fandom...

You chose that.

The music was decent until the end at which point it became jarring and uncomfortable in a way that didn't lend itself to its own purpose of being discordant, instead distracting me from what was happening onscreen because it was suddenly obnoxious and sounded generally terrible.

The animation was a textbook example of style over substance, but even then the style wasn't all that good. I wasn't sure what it was going for, but it looked like a storyboard with random 3D elements thrown in. I know the meme is "lel hasbro maek trassssh" but honestly, one minute of MLP is better than 5 minutes of that.

If you want to showcase how good the fandom can be, just post Picture Perfect Pony, Lullaby For A Princess, The Moon Rises, or, shit, even Smile HD.
>>
>>30609530
This.
>>
>>30607966
Ugly OCs, awful dubshit music, barely any actual animation and generic DA edgelord story. Not exactly impressive. Art was nice though.
>>
>>30607966
When did posting animatics and calling them finished become acceptable? Ten to one the artist got fed up of doing actual work once he had a shitty story and a handful of pretty backgrounds. Then he raced to glue it all together with parallax and music but forgot the actual animation.

"Don't worry." His conscious told him. "Just scramble to slide your models around. You don't even need to erase the sketch lines, just call it a style." And so he did. I bet adding "WIP" to the title crossed his mind briefly before he remembered he had no intention of actually finishing the damn thing. It's a good thing the fandom generally accepts mediocrity so they don't hurt anyone's feelings.

Just don't call your shit animation, you edited a storyboard.
>>
>>30607966
Just looks likes a storyboard.
>>
>>30610360
Don't offend the OP or he might stop shilling his shit.
>>
>>30610240
>When did posting animatics and calling them finished become acceptable?
When actual animation stopped being viable on Youtube. It's significantly less work for about the same response.
>>
>>30610360
thats what i was thinking
>>
File: 1481574845715.gif (41KB, 500x471px) Image search: [Google]
1481574845715.gif
41KB, 500x471px
>>30607966
I liked the first two minutes but it became a hard to follow mess afterward.
>>
>>30608028
>>
File: 95683568.png (771KB, 901x489px) Image search: [Google]
95683568.png
771KB, 901x489px
>>30607966
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.