[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Comic issue #57 had a preview shown.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

Comic issue #57 had a preview shown.
>>
Why do you still share these? I thought this board gave up on the comics ages ago.
>>
>>30607830
Not OP, but I'm the one that normally storytimes the new printed pony and there's a few reasons I do it.

I'd hate for everything to not be gotten at once and for it to be spoiled in little pieces. I think it's best for these to get revealed in full to have the best chance if they deserve the attention. I want the good ones to get attention if the board feels like it deserves the consideration, so I try and keep a neutral format by storytiming everything the same way if possible. This is also one of the only ways along with attempting those episode ranking survey series of threads that I can give back for all the fun I've had here over the years. I know Anons have their reasons for liking or disliking any specific pony related thing, but I'm still very much enjoying the ride myself. There's been a few comics I've found things to like in when the rest of the board seemed to hate it, but I always keep my opinion to myself to keep from tainting the threads. I'm always happy to post the new books/comics for you guys to fill gaps in discussion when the content storytimed does well.
>>
>>30607823
If it is as good as their interaction in the (platonic) fluttercord episode I am hype
>>
>>30607889
I'm the guy who always posts the previews. Thanks for doing what you keep doing.

As for the board giving them up, I think that a lot of the interest with the comic has waned, Movie prequels aside, when people realized that they're no longer going to be batshit insane anymore. There aren't going to be crazy stories anymore, basically just retellings/fanfiction tier stuff from the show. All there's to be mad at anymore is when Fosgitt draws for them.

>>30607905
The only interaction you get between Fluttershy and Discord is those two first panels, the rest is Pinkie alone or Pinkie and Discord.
>>
>>30607830
Storytimes of pain. Sometimes these turn out good on rare occasion. Granted that will be ever more rare with friends forever replaced
>>
>>30607828
Why the fuck did they just walk past her?
>>
>>30607828
>>30607848
>>30607874
Sounds alright. Even if the story turns out shitty, at least they've already shown off some great artwork.
>>
>>30607923
At some point you probably get used to Pinkie running off randomly.
>>
>>30607848
>inb4 discord has even less of a role then luna did in dragontown
>>
>>30607874
>Should be out sometime in August.
Looks like August 9th if iTunes is accurate.
>>
>>30607912
>Pinkie and Discord
That's what I meant. I was refering to when they met at the store in that episode.
>>
>>30607912
Comic interest has definitely waned. Movie Prequels got more activity than usual for #1 as far as downloads go, I'd say a 75% increase over normal, and they seem to be doing well. How close to the movie they are is still up in the air though. If the book coming next week matches the feel we've gotten from the comics than it'll help I think.
Nowadays I'm usually more excited for the books than the comics. There's a reason I went to doing page by page storytimes of those to try and get them more attention. The last three individual character books that came out were really well received in my opinion.
>>
>>30607823
Discord x Pinkie would have made a much natural ship. She was really the only one reluctant to stop the chaos world he created in season 2. She honestly likes what he's about.
>>
>>30607963

Yeah, to bad that the #2 thread is dead right now with bump and anons complaining about how the comic don't feels like MLP at all.

I kinda agree with them because even price don't put a lot of effort in those ones, like the issues of guardian of harmony
>>
>>30608014
I think it's less of an issue about effort and more not being familiar with the character designs.

>>30607963
What I'm saying is is that the comics are taking fewer risks. Now instead of causing drama they're just boring.
>>
>>30608014
To be fair, we haven't seen a single pony in them yet. It's all just pony related solely because it's stuff that might be related to the movie.
>>
>>30608031
The last issue is all about Tempest Shadow, apparently.
>>
>>30608042

>you finally get ponies after four issues of anthro shit

Yeah, I will not waste my time with this one
>>
>>30608079
Three issues.
>>
>>30607963
I love the books. I bought them because of what I saw in the storytimes.

Hopefully the tie-ins to the movie and show hold up because that'll be a good direction for them.
>>
>>30608092

The next one is about capper?
>>
>>30607963
>Comic interest has definitely waned.
Comic quality has plummeted down and the comic's staff atitude isn't helping either.
>>
>>30608118
Capper and Chummer.

>>30608134
Nah, people at least used to see the comics when they knew it was going to be bad because it could be entertaining. Now all we have is fanfiction of what happened during episodes. Even the fucking bullshit conclusion of the dragon/yak arc couldn't attract enough attention.
>>
>>30608145

>no seaponies introduction comic

Yeah, A whole waste of pages
>>
>>30608134
Agreed. At least the art can be fun sometimes if the story fails. I know some of them make me just want to crop everything out of them even though it's usually 12:30am by the time I finish dumping. I try and keep the staff as far away from my opinion of their work as possible. They can be shit people all they want as long as it doesn't bleed into their work, but the work they've been putting out hasn't been as good as it used to be so I don't think that's even a factor really.
>>
>>30608180
Lately, the only funny things from the comics are the edited images posted here, mostly for the buthurt they create on Derpibooru.

Well, at least we got to crush Fosgitt's spirit, that should count for something.
>>
>>30608180
I don't know, I think the staff's opinions and attitudes have directly affected their work. See Fosgitt's recent breakdown.

None of them really even give a fuck anymore.
>>
>>30608218
And that's what I'd call bleeding into their work. That clip art stuff Fosgitt pulls off along with the copy pasting is atrocious.
>>
>>30608235
It bleeds into a lot of their work because many of them either have contempt for fans or for source material. I've said before that the writers often seemingly write like they're writing fan-fiction without ever watching the show, and plan on only ever showing that fanfiction to their friends.

They fired the one person who ever had a goddamn interest in the source material before coming onto the comics and keep a guy who actually does illegal things around.
>>
File: 011.jpg (1MB, 1040x1600px) Image search: [Google]
011.jpg
1MB, 1040x1600px
Let be honest, the only one that improve in the MLP staff is tony fleecs
>>
>>30608218
We got confirmation that neither Miller, Price, Cook or Mebberson give a fuck anymore.

Makes you wonder why they still work on FiM if they don't care at all.
>>
>>30608267
He still sucks and he draws ponies with completely dead eyes.
>>
>>30608301
I have my doubts about Miller, I just think he says dumb shit on Twitter. But all of the people at IDW do it for the fame and very limited check.
>>
>>30608326
Jim doesn't give a shit as long he gets to play his internet famous act.

I don't believe Jim is a bad person, but it's clear that he's not qualified for this job and he never will, so he should quit and go work on cheap, simple cartoons with the same slapstick humour from Ed, Edd n' Eddy.
That's all what he ever will be good for.
>>
>>30608373
Wonder if things will change once the movie's completely out and done with all those people being available for the show again.
>>
>>30608266
To be fair what he did was really shity.
It hurts though because friends forever three was really good.
>>
>>30608382
Nothing will change as long even one member of the present staff remains around to keep fucking hings up.

Again, I don't believe they do it out of ill will, but I firmly believe they are simply not suited for this job and so they should go while there's still time to heal all the damage they created.
>>
>>30608373
I think he just wants to be known. He's not even the main director, Tim Stuby and Mike Myhre are.

>>30608382
>>30608416
I think some of the movie staff like Thiessen will go back onto the show, but I'm pretty sure that there's going to be a sequel already or an action-oriented series of shorts made by them.

>>30608400
Who are you talking about again?
>>
>>30608301
They get away with it because of tasteless Hasbro and it's icky fear of bronies and their passion for the show. They rather be safe and do lazy shit like that fandom pandering episode, than actually do work to make it quality.

They are so disconnected to what people want because they are ignorant, and they attract like-minded people as well.
>>
Reminder that fosgits style is good.
His problem is he is a lazy piece of shit.
>>
>>30608477
No, he's a lazy piece of shit who hides behind "MUH STYLE" and "my boss who doesn't expect much from me likes it, so I'm complacent" as excuses.

He needs to git gud.

>>30608469
It's actually pretty sad that the comics got more soulless after issue 50 where they had to be pumped out quicker to actually line up with episodes.
>>
>>30608442
>I think he just wants to be known. He's not even the main director, Tim Stuby and Mike Myhre are.
Jim is clearly trying to use FiM as a replacement for all the attention and good things he missed out for being the kind of person he is.

He has talked numerous times about his cripling depression, insecurity issues, obesity, baldness and even talked about how he used to cut himself- so it's obvious he craves the attention he's finally receiving but he takes criticism really bad, at the point that criticrizing anything counts as a direct attack against him, even if he had nothing to do with it.

I mean, nobody knew Jim Miller even existed when he directed Ed, Edd n' Eddy.
>>
>>30608514
Miller was pretty well known on EEnE, actually.
>>
>>30608532
I have used this site for years and I never saw a single thread on /co/ talking about him before 2010.
And when his name began to be commented around here, it was never for something positive.
>>
>>30607823
I've been waiting for this issue. This is the closest thing they have now to Friends Forever.

Why did they discontinue that series anyway?
>>
>>30609048
Legends of Magic, I think. To be less specific, Hasbro wanted tighter connections with the show.
>>
>>30607828
Pinkie's really lucky that portal doesn't operate on "portal cut" logic.
>>
>>30609074
Such a shame. There was so much they could have done with Friends Forever. Maybe more stories with the fan favorite BG pones. I would have loved to see a Derpy/Vinyl/Lyra story.
>>
>>30609135
Yeah, it's odd they ended it.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.