[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are the EQG movie so bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: bone.jpg (76KB, 570x648px) Image search: [Google]
bone.jpg
76KB, 570x648px
I think they are pretty good but a lot of people seem to hate it, I'm curious, so why are they bad?
>>
>>30602770
Think of it as the normies despise MLP; it's just plain spite and retardation.
>>
File: 1497851264750.jpg (91KB, 779x806px) Image search: [Google]
1497851264750.jpg
91KB, 779x806px
>>30602775
It's fucking hilarious when they laugh at normies who get triggered by ponies, but then they swarm EQG threads they could easily filter/hide with autistic screeching.
>>
>>30602770
There a few reasons to dont like it.
>Lack of poni, when people here want to see ponies to sexualize.
>Generic highschool shit that everyone is tired of.
>Brings content that barely has anything to do with ponies.(Okay that was more valid reason when the first movie was released)

But as >>30602775 says EqG hate also has turned to /mlp/'s own MLP that causes butthurt from just posting it and shitposters keep doing it cause it annoys others.
>>
>>30602770
The first one was shit.
>>
>>30602770
Setting, designs, characters, writing. Everything is subpar in EQG.
>>
>>30602770
Not gonna lie, I'm mostly in it for the underwear edits.
>>
>>30602770

The first movie wasn't that good, and it had the distinction of being THE FIRST MLP MOVIE EVER. So, the fact that the FIRST MLP MOVIE EVER was a high school spin-off and not a very good one caused massive butthurt.

It's pretty much the exact same phenomenon as /mlp/'s reaction to Twilight becoming a princess. Magical Mystery Cure should have had more build-up leading up to it, but even without that the execution was botched.

The show and the EQG movies both got a lot better after season 3/EQG 1 but people hold onto the initial butthurt they felt and it's hard to tell whether they're being ironic or not when it's been four years since then.
>>
>>30603493
The other three movies aren't really good either. EQGfags always praise Rainbow Rocks, that's mostly shimmerfags gloryfing and elevating their waifu's most relevant screentime, but the movie itself is still pretty unremarkable
>>
To be honest, the first one was really meh
I only ended up liking it because of shimsham transforming into a she demon, and because it gave me more material of my waifu, even if she was a >nohooves

And then, literally memes
It's as simple as that
Of course some really hate them, for reasons like the 'weird' proportions (see ayylmao) or the lacking plots (which is mostly hypocrisy, because FiM's villain plots are generally retarded too) and/or the fact that their waifu doesn't have much screentime

Also there's the 'EQG are movies, so they should be high-budget and great on every aspects and blablabla'
But the songs are literally 10/10, you can HEAR that daniel's having a blast writing those, the animation past the second one is 10/10 too, and the voice acting is just as great as ever
>>
File: Hotdogs.png (335KB, 535x632px) Image search: [Google]
Hotdogs.png
335KB, 535x632px
>>30603470
Pretty much this.
>>
>>30602770
they're only good for fetishes you cannot imagine on ponies.
>>
>>30605554
>one off
going to commit sudoku now. screw everything.
>>
>>30602770
It's MLP minus logic. If you stop thinking about it, they can suck you in. If you do, they just leave you scratching your head
>>
>>30602770

I dunno. I like it too.
>>
>>30605554

What fetishes can't you imagine on a pony?
>>
>>30606556
Which thread is it this time, sport?
>>
>>30605573
>implying FiM has logic
>>
>>30602770
They detracted from the show itself
>>
>>30606556
well you can't really do omorashi and its related fetishes cause horses just go wherever they want

I imagine you can't really do stuff involving hands and feet, unless you're also into hooves as well

idk
>>
>>3060277
Rainbow Rocks was pretty good. It tied into the Starswirl line, in introducing us to a completely new species and enemy. Not a fan of friendship games, Scitwi was unnecessary, especially with the differences between her and Princess Twilight, given that everyone from one side of the portal is a direct mirror to everypony on the other side. Legends of everfree was... Meh. Not a huge fan, but I did enjoy the everfree aspects of it. More needs to be done with the Everfree forest, in Equestria and the Human world. The first one was fine, no real opinion about it.

Overall they weren't /bad/ movies, they were just unnecessary to tie into MLP. I like the movies myself, but I realize they have flaws, and weren't really needed to add to the MLP lore and storyline. I think that EQG should be an alternate-universe canon, and not related to the main show.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.