[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Endless Bitching(Show discussion) Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 15

File: 228175.gif (140KB, 400x245px) Image search: [Google]
228175.gif
140KB, 400x245px
So what are your thoughts on the show as a whole and it's current state? What are some things you feel they're doing really well and stuff they could improve on?

I'm 99% sure this will devolve into more glimmer drama, but you guys always complain that you want more show discussion on this board and that's the price you have to pay.
>>
>>30580755
I want Glimmer dead.
>>
It's shit and should have finished years ago. Stone cold irony level 0.
>>
The season 7 second half preview really got me hooked on the show again and episode 13 was fucking amazing.

the ride truly never ends
>>
>>30580771
Haber will be story editor during the second half of the season.
>>
>MLP
>the rat in the Skinner box, desperately hammering at the 'pleasure' switch for the meager trickle of pleasure endorphins as it withers and twitches pathetically, fried in the brain and angrily biting at anyone that tries to take it away from the switch
>bump
>bump
>page 10 bump
>bump for the life
*sixteen hours pass*
>bump for the life
>bump
>>
>>30580768
This.
>>
I only hate it for one reason: A lot of questions still begs for explanation.
- Instead we are being delivered with pointless episodes like "applejack's day off" which I believe is the most pointless episode in the show. It was neither lore wise or had character development, or being a slice of life at all.
- However, I'm fucking glad that they FINALLY made episode about AJ parents.
- Still the list of "I want to know" is too fucking huge, i.e.:
-- Spike is the most bothersome character. Still no origin, they never referred to SoME, they don't progress his crush over Rarity, we won't learn if he will grow up / get wings.
-- Scoots is second on the list. Where are his parents and will he fly?
-- The horrifying implication of Derpy having accident and messing with her eyes.
-- Hardly anything about nonpony societies.

Otherwise, I can't complain. I give that show credit due to intended target audience and it is great.
Twilight had progressed along those seasons. I for one like, she had decided to raise student on her own. The rest of M6 (except for cunt one) are not trying to repeat the same shit all over again.
>>
>>30580768
It's your opinion and you can have one.
>>
If an episode doesn't contribute to the lore or have good character development that sticks, it is a waste of an episode slot.

>>30580834
This, specifically in regards to Scootaloo and Spike. We need to know more about them instead of snoozefests that have no implications for anything.
>>
>thinking that people actually do want to discuss the show
Here's what happened/is happening, faggot
The people saying that S1 is the only canon season are the same that says that we need to discuss the show and are the same that says that everything is ruined and will stay shit forever and are the same that doomsays and says that S8 will be shit and that the movie will be shit and that EQG isn't canon and that the movie isn't canon and that shits on glimmer and that shits on shimmer and that posts masturboops and that still shitposts about MMC and Twilicorn and the crystal castle and whatever else cancerous meme they try to force

There's not that many people posting out of generals, like a hundred different people/daily, maybe

And jimfag is one of them, that's all you need to know to understand that their opinions are shit and shouldn't even be seriously considered by any of us
>>
STOP WANTING LORE AND WORLDBUILDING AND CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT

it's a made for syndication children's cartoon about how being nice to people is cool and good. it's not your game of thrones or marvel cinematic universe. it's a sweet cartoon for children and all your boo hoo hoooing about how it's not like your fanfiction with 'Chronicles' in the title makes me want to stamp on your keyboard and make you feel bad on the inside because you forgot how to like things as they are, not how you wish they would be
>>
You know what would make MLP:FIM even better? If they stopped the friendship gimmick and focussed on how the Dragon Kingdom worked and told us about Dragon society and how Dragons are different to ponies and all the different kinds of dragons and showed Dragons flying and being cool and wise because they like Science and read books called Legends of F'Zorragh (Book 6 of 19, part of the Chronicles of Legends series) because friendship is bullshit anyway
>>
S1s finale was the best. They went to a party, learned a lesson, had a good time in the end, the end. No bullshit, no superpowers, no stupid fucking DBZ battles or oneshit villains, no MORTAL PERIL OF CERTAIN DOOM, just an episode that capped off the earlier episodes with grace. There I said it.
>>
>>30580965
t. furry
Or scaly, or whatever you faggots call yourselves
Even tho I believe your post was satirical,
in which case I apologize

>>30580998
And it's funny that the people begging for more adventure don't remember that S1 was all about SoL shit and it's always been that ways since
Crazy shit yo
>>
>>30580768
Unironically this.

>>30580945
>Stop wanting decent show qualities, 'cause the show's just for kids
>>
>>30580945
fuck off Jim
>>
It's just a 22-minute toy commercial.
>>
>>30581047
/thread
>>
File: Mike.png (497KB, 662x574px) Image search: [Google]
Mike.png
497KB, 662x574px
>>30580945 Is honestly right. You people keep trying to delude yourselves but it's true.

>>30581047 Speaks the truth. This show will never be something like Samuri Jack where they'll reboot it or make it more adult themed, because it's merely a commercial product meant to advertise toys to children.

The fact that it was good at all is the blessing. The fact that it's even WATCHABLE after 7 years is a miracle, and the sad fact that people just can't let go and say the best years are behind us are deluded. It was lightning in a bottle, and the best we can do is enjoy the ride while is lasts, and enjoy the memories we've made that will last us a lifetime.

You can't fix this show. You're literally fighting entropy, and in that battle, you can never win.
>>
>>30581112
stupid motherfucker off yourself. If the show is allowed to be shit, then whats the point? And it doesn't have to get adult themes to have decent writing.
>>
File: faggot.png (20KB, 395x124px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.png
20KB, 395x124px
>>30581153
But the lasts episodes we got, or even a big part of S7 were fucking GREAT Anon
Why the fuck are you faggots still loudly memeing about this kind of shit?!
Just stop, if you hate this fucking show so much then get off my fucking board and go sperg about Finn never getting any pussy or whatever cancerous kids do in the loud house fandom

Show's always been about SoL first and some adventure here and there, it's always been that, was meant to be that and always be that
Just stick to your fanfics and keep your autism in check
>>
Season 7 is amazing.
>>
File: Mike Cart.png (1MB, 441x603px) Image search: [Google]
Mike Cart.png
1MB, 441x603px
>>30581153
>If the show is allowed to be shit, then whats the point? And it doesn't have to get adult themes to have decent writing.

So you want good writing I take it? You think complaining about that might make the writers give a shit? What incentive is there for them? The little girls don't give two shits and neither do their parents. What about this don't you understand?
>>
File: 1469449205965.jpg (39KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1469449205965.jpg
39KB, 500x375px
>>30580755
>show discussion

The show is shit now. Only thing worth going to mlp anymore is greentext and lewd images. Fuck off, op and take your shitty opinions with you.
>>
>>30581188
That's the plan, fanfics and effort are my kinda thing.
>>30581228
Don't ask me, ask OP why he made this thread.
>>
>>30581353
This

If any discussion would be made, it would be about the inaccuracies and poor writing along with the ooc characters that are delivered on a shit smothered plate.
>>
some episodes are boring or don't amount to anything but who cares yknow

yeah less starlight and stuff

i mean its a show about happy ponies being friends and hanging out

still having a fun time watching it every once in a while
>>
>>30581426
Please no blogpost.
>>
The only reason I keep watching the show is just because it has become into a routine for me, just like shaving or something, but that doesn't mean I enjoy it. But for some reason my autism kees bringing ne back here, and when shows like SVTOE are getting more popular than mlp I get a little bit dissapointed. I like svtoe btw
>>
>>30581369
>that's the plan
So why are you guys shitting in random threads?
Just stick to your generals and keep doing whatever you like and want to do, no point in coming in discussion threads to say that the show is shit and doomsay and whatever the fuck you guys shitpost about
>>
>>30581444
ok but only because you said please :)
>>
>>30581508
It's simple, we hate Hasbro and don't want anything to do with that abomination named Hasjew anymore. Just let us rest in peace anon, go take your show discussion somewhere else.
>>
File: .png (848KB, 930x602px) Image search: [Google]
.png
848KB, 930x602px
>>30581555
>go take your show discussion somewhere else
I still hope you're just baiting
>>
They can do whatever the hell they want, I don't give a fuck no more.
>>
>>30580768
this fandom was the worst thing to ever happen to the show
>>
>>30581662
>my first month on 4chin; the post
>>
>>30581607
>https://www.ponychan.net/

>https://derpibooru.org/dis

>https://www.fimfiction.net/groups
>>
I'm not against SoL, just boring episodes with no stakes. Amending Fences is how you do SoL, not AJs Day Off.
>>
>>30581681
First one is ded.
Second has shitty mods and rules, third I don't know.
>>
File: get a load of this guy.jpg (50KB, 500x445px) Image search: [Google]
get a load of this guy.jpg
50KB, 500x445px
>>30581681
>wants to keep this board for his fetish generals
>and expel the show discussions to the forums actually made for it
???
Don't get me wrong, I like generals and think they have their places here because we can discuss shit we can't anywhere else
But to actually remove show discussions from here?
What the fuck?
That's like, a real fan of the fandom, all memes aside
Just woah
>>
>>30581741
Enjoy trying to "discuss" the new content of mlp without it being told like it is.

That it's shit.

Seriously, your only option is too not waste time and not make the threads.
>>
File: hush now.png (245KB, 445x404px) Image search: [Google]
hush now.png
245KB, 445x404px
>>30581747
Oh well, okay, if you say it then the show must be shit right
And all these people saying that S7 might actually be the best season yet are just lying and shitposting :^)
>>
>>30581755
>Implying it is not fags that take anything they get and hypé it to delude themselves that it is remotely good
Lmao
>>
>>30580755
I dont give a fuck about the show, I stopped watching it after S4 premiere, movie is shit and I hope it will bomb so hard they will cancel the show forever.
Fuck this shit and fuck all of you faggots that still watch this garbage, literally go kill yourselves.
>>
File: 1498626907830.jpg (65KB, 665x603px) Image search: [Google]
1498626907830.jpg
65KB, 665x603px
>>30581995
You can't be real
>>
>>30582073
This is why people watch the seasons and after they are over they go "it was shit" after being hyped.
Seriously, how do you explain it otherwise?
>>
File: 1498927276903.png (156KB, 680x614px) Image search: [Google]
1498927276903.png
156KB, 680x614px
>>30582058
I would have stopped watching but I have nothing else
>>
>>30582090
What exactly are you referring to?
Because I think you take the problem the wrong way
It's not the people still liking it and watching it that tries to 'delude themselves' into watching it by memeing that it's shit
It's the people hating it that spam it hoping to make the majority's opinion change and rally with them or some shit, idk, it's /v/'s retarded boardculture and I never really browsed that shithole
TLDR; literally 'stop liking shit I hate!'
>>
>>30582108
I used to be hyped but later I found out it was pointless to be hyped if they just let me down mostly.
Now I just say it is shit if it is shit, and I don't care anymore.
But I don't want everybody to hate the fucking show, if they like it good for them. I am not like /v/.
>>
>>30582108
Show is shit senpai, there is no special reason or amazing spectacular explanation to why it's lauded or why people say it's shit in every thread about show discussion.
>>
File: costanlight.jpg (51KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
costanlight.jpg
51KB, 500x500px
>>30582133
Then why are you still browsing threads about the show?
Why aren't you in your general right now?
>>
>>30582157
To discuss the show right, that's what show discussion is about?
>>
>>30582174
Don't be a smart ass, he is saying that if you think the show is all shit then there is nothing to discuss.
>>
File: THIS IS SPAR TA.gif (1MB, 426x252px) Image search: [Google]
THIS IS SPAR TA.gif
1MB, 426x252px
>>30580755
Get rid of Jim
>>
>>30582184
No, that's show discussion right there.

If I call it shit, and/or say inconsistencies within the show and elaborate the many ways the characters act differently than they are characterized.

>Flanderization
>Plot Convenience
>Retarded Subplots

The only difference between the two is that one is more work to type down than the other. And the simpler one is much better to express because people won't have to call you out on something that is plainly obvious and waste your time with their delusional shitposting.

Does that clear things up?
>>
>>30581153
>stupid motherfucker off yourself. If the show is allowed to be shit, then whats the point?
>>30581188
>Just stop, if you hate this fucking show so much then get off my fucking board
itt: the kind of people using MLP as an unironic emotional crutch that we used to make fun of. the 'not liking any given [episode/merch/fabrication/etc] is illegal stop saying it's bad it's good reeeeeee get out' screechy types with absolutely no personality besides 'likes my little pony, online' but who takes it deadly seriously because it's probably all they have
>>
>>30583705
>fabrication
*fanfiction, although you get my point. When you're emotionally invested in the show enough to spend sixteen hours a day stewing in front of your computer bumping 'your' generals, anyone saying maybe that's unhealthy is a foe to be vanquished the only way you know how: shitposting
>>
>>30580755
Season 1's finale was a complete letdown. Why did everyone fail miserably, when most normal shows in their finales have the characters tying loose ends and winning over and over again?

The show has turned into an abridged parody series since season 2 started with characters like Discord, NuLuna and Lesson Zero.

It's interesting how you assholes just keep denying it and accept it as a good thing, despite how blatantly bad it is. Kind of shows that /b/tards should have never joined the fandom, they turned it into cancer and are the drone fanboys of this cartoon, a bunch of /b/imbos.
>>
File: link.jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
link.jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
Gee, it sure is summerfag in here
>>
File: images.jpg (22KB, 400x519px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
22KB, 400x519px
The board is too autistic to discuss the show, literally no other board even compares to the level of autistic screeching we have here. all it does is make browsing here completely unenjoyable and derails every thread.
Last time i bothered maybe a month or two ago i started a multiple hundred post "argument" just by saying that i liked season 7, It's fucking bewildering.
>>
>>30585021
This is pretty much every board but it is worse here because this board is about one single show.
>>
>People say the show is shit and the board has gotten awful, the only reason they come anymore is for fanfiction
>Someone makes an actual thread for discussing what we think is good in the show and what could be better
>People use the thread as a platform to shitpost and talk about how shitty the board is

GOD YOU GUYS ARE LIKE A MOTHERFUCKING SELF-FULFILLING PROPHECY
>>
>this board still exists
/su/ board when?
>>
>>30580760
Seconded
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.