[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT dropped plotlines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 16

ITT dropped plotlines
>>
Applejacks character in season 7
>>
>>30575573
>>
>>
>>30575573
the everfree castle
scorpan
sparity
flashlight

honorable mention: the pony of shadows, which is finally getting picked back up this season
>>
File: 200px-GS_Ball_anime.png (45KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
200px-GS_Ball_anime.png
45KB, 200x150px
>>30575573
>>
File: 1491183564920.jpg (22KB, 351x351px) Image search: [Google]
1491183564920.jpg
22KB, 351x351px
>>30575606
>they bring the tree back
>Aj: WAIT ah sec, there is yet another branch on the tree!
>Twilight: Its....Starlight cutie mark?
>>
>>30575624
Digimon pulled it better desu
>>
>>30575612
The restoration of the Sisters Castle was the biggest let down. Also ignoring the Journal of Two Sisters entirely and replacing the first script for the Movie with current bullshit.
>>
>>30575611
Literally what was the point? It was like just a one shitty comic arc and nothing else....
>>
File: Like tears in the rain scoob.jpg (46KB, 708x407px) Image search: [Google]
Like tears in the rain scoob.jpg
46KB, 708x407px
>>30575640
>Castle doesnt get restored.
>Princess Twilight Sparkleā„¢ still gets her pretty princess castle.
>We lose the Library in the process.
>>
File: 3.png (205KB, 1366x726px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
205KB, 1366x726px
>>30575632
And we all know what ended up happening in digimon to THOSE kids

>>30575624
God, please do not even joke about that
>>
>>30575656
>imblying Applejack won't become alicorn at the end of the series
Fuck the rest, tho
>>
>>30575666
devil trips confirm worst possible timeline
>>
>>30575702
Applejack actually is probably the most cut out for a leadership role.
Or at least she was in S1-S4. These days Jim and Vogel are giving her shit like honest apple and AJ's day off where she literally has brain damage.
>>
>>30575573
We still don't know shit about Starswirl
>>
File: 4ad.png (360KB, 494x750px) Image search: [Google]
4ad.png
360KB, 494x750px
>>30575666
>Be me after S4
>expect the map to tie the plotline to Starswirl whereabouts in which every location give them some clues
>they reascue him in the finale
>he becomes part of the cast as Twilight advisor
>everything replaced with Starlight Shitter
>>
File: large.jpg (175KB, 675x1024px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
175KB, 675x1024px
>>30575719
He might be important in the Season finale.
Or we might even get an episode about him since we're getting episodes about the other 5 characters here.

I know he was originally supposed to be a big part of the movie's plot, but they listened to sony and rewrote everything.
>>
>>30575745
>starswirl shows up
>glim glam fucks up and kills him
>twilight says "glimmy not again"
>seinfeld theme plays
>>
>>30575745
>>30575751
>Starswirl is actually the pony of shadows
>Defeats everyone, including the princesses
>NO ONE CAN SAVE US NOW!
>Glimmer out of fucking nowhere
>Beats Starswirl and saves the day
>Song plays about how awesome she is
>Glimmer becomes an alicorn
>>
>>30575612
>sparity

They still makes gags about it but that's, it's too sad they didn't continue the trend that Larson fueled after Secret of my excess.
>>
>>30575762
I liked the season 6 finale but it was fucking retarded how they captured everyone including the princesses and mane 6 BUT NOT GLIM GLAM GLAMMERINO
>>
>>30575798
The thing is, the S6 finale really would have been better with twilight instead of Glimmer.

twilight would have been able to have realized her friends have been abducted without needing a deus ex machina to tell her, simply because as their FRIEND she would have realized shit was up and started trying to figure out what was going on.

Plus, having her have to learn to work with ponies she normally dislikes (Trixie and twilight's banter would have been epic, and discord is a massive douche to her) would have been perfect Character growth for her as the Princess of friendship: learning to work with those that she normally doesn't like and give them a chance would have been the perfect thing for her to learn as a leader, and would explain why, at the end, she'd be willing to offer Chrysalis her hand in friendship: All of the OTHER characters who helped her save equestria had been villains to her in the past, and she had made friends with discord and trixie, so why not chrysalis?
>>
>>30575817
I agree but I can't really imagine Chrysalis as a non villian.
I also don't want Chrysi to get this new changeling design because its gay as fuck and just a shitty marketing move by Hasbro to sell magic reindeers
>>
>>30575716
Or forcing Dash to take her place and screen time as any type of leader or direction mover.
>>
>>30575837
Chrysalis could still have told Twilight to fuck off just like she told starlight.

also agree about the changelings designs being shit.
They should have stayed the same just had their wings not be moth eaten, like what Thorax looked like at first. Its still a visual difference without drastically altering what the look like, and would send the message of your physical form not being what dictates whether you're good or evil.
>>
>>30575702
I think all of them working together would be the best model really; one each specifically for specific areas of their expertise like they normally work, like rarity handling the day to day interaction with the nobility, fluttershy with animal and nature themed stuff, and RD with the military and pegasi.
>>30575853
I'm not really sure where you're referring to, dash hasn't really ever assumed leadership of the group in any area.
>>
>>30575592
Her character went to shit in season 6. Applejacks Day off and Cart before the Ponies are some of the worst episodes in the series, and that is largly because of Applejack.
>>
>>30575817
I'm not sure if I agree with that. I feel like that story would necessitate that Twilight become friends with Trixie and Discord by the end of it, and I kind of like how this show about the magic of friendship has characters who aren't villains, but also don't get along well with the MC. Last I heard, they had plans for this show all the way to S9, so I feel like Twilight and Trixie becoming friends in S6 would have jumped the gun a bit.

Now watch as everything I just said amounts to nothing when it's revealed that Uncommon Bond is about Twilight and Trixie becoming besties.
>>
>>30576193
I kind of think that jim and haber hate applejack. I really wish they'd step back and re-evalute her character a bit-- unfortunately, in order to really make her work they'd have to rock the boat in a big way and actually give AJ some ambitions in life for her to work towards, like rarity and Dash.

I mean (to use IDW as an example), they even had a comic where mayor mare basically said she has a shit ton of talent but she's kind of wasting it just sitting around on her farm when she could legitimately help alot of people if she did more in her life.
>>
>>30576022
Rainbow Rock is the best example: Dash taking a more forceful role with AJ being uncharacteristically silent as Dash shuts down the others, takes the lead and is allow to go almost unchecked in her aggression.
>>
>>30576265
that's just to show how much of a bad leader dash is. She screwed up at every opportunity.
>>
>>30576238
>ambition
Meh, having a goal that takes place outside of Ponyvile doesn't automatically make it a "dream" or "ambitions" and worth more than what Fluttershy, Pinkie, or AJ want.

But I get what you're saying. They need to expand on AJ's actions and give it a long term impact. Season 1 I think had that a little with Applejack wanting to be successful at the Gala to pull in money for projects.

>>30576193
Cart Before the Ponies affected more that AJ. And the teen Applejack episode and pirate AJ role were good.
>>
>>30576322
>pirate AJ role were good.
That rashomon episode was shit. Its ending felt like a generic "everyone laughs" kids show.
>>
>>30576991
There's a reason Larson called Rashomon episode writers hacks and disallowed them when he was editor.
>>
>>30575611
>>30575648
It was always a secondary line to sell more toys.
>>
File: 1442708561374.png (122KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1442708561374.png
122KB, 320x240px
>>30575573
It's actually pretty lame leaving marblemac in the dust as a one-episode gag. I think they connect much better than sugarmac

But it's canon which means it's the end of the line
>>
>>30577012
then why did they trademark it as an ongoing animated series instead of the normal way of just toy trademarking it?
>>
>>30575640
First script was fucking retarded.
MAH ALICORN LORE
>>
>>30577230
In case they decided to make a series of shorts post movie. Which is probably happening.
>>
>>30577144
senior huevos is that you?
>>
File: Nightmare_Moon_escaping_1_S1E1.png (468KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Nightmare_Moon_escaping_1_S1E1.png
468KB, 1280x720px
>The stars will aid in her escape
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.