[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Show discussion post-S1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: Mike Vogel destroyed us all.jpg (128KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Mike Vogel destroyed us all.jpg
128KB, 1280x720px
Worst episode ever.
>>
>>30568930
There was an anon around a few months ago that labelled that episode as the beginning of the end of show that started in 2010. Just about everyone with problems starting in S2 and beyond can trace them back to here.
It is the episode Twilight stopped writing letters to Celestia.
It is the first episode where Twilight stood completely apart from any of her friends.
It is the first episode to feature mind control.
It is the second episode to have a "Mane Six goes looney" plot, cementing it as a meme for years.
Among other things.

It was the catalyst for trends that the show would follow for years, arguably it still hasn't outgrown them.
>>
No one will convince me that there's an episode worse than What About Discord.
>>
>>30568974
For me that title is also worthy for Return of Harmony and Luna Eclipsed. Those episodes somehow manage to be less memey, but just as disappointing. Also because everyone and the 3 stooges just loves contradicting me about this.
>>
>>30568983
The One Where Pinkie Pie Knows exists
What About Discord has some slight appeal in that it tried to pull off awkward humor and failed, but the former was just painful and was the first actual episode where I was hoping it would be over about halfway through
>>
>>30569003
>it tried to pull off awkward humor and failed
Anons, but that's every episode starting with season 1's finale.
>>
File: tumblr_olhciztOZN1u7i3jco1_500.gif (503KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_olhciztOZN1u7i3jco1_500.gif
503KB, 500x280px
>>30568974
https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/30307497/#30307782

Tell the drones that they owe me a collective blowjob. Their finest which would make even an apathetic Hasbro jealous.
>>
>>30569399
How can they be both apathetic and conniving, though? Do they not care, or are they actively trying to ruin it?
>>
Lesson Zero is the best episode of the entire show
>>
>>30568930
It was OK
>>
>>30568930
I used this episode to introduce people to the show back in 2012.
>>
>>30568930
I've seen worse
>>
>>30568930
>implying that the retarded 22 minutes of fanservice episode wasn't the worst
>implying that "Pinkie screeches out jokes and acts like a literal autist and harasses the fuck out of Fluttershy" wasn't worse

s h i g g y
>>
File: 1500619021162.png (451KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1500619021162.png
451KB, 1280x720px
>>30568974
I agree pretty much completely, yet I still like it. It's pretty much the Homer's Enemy of MLP - a classic episode that codified all the bad things the show would end up doing.
>>
>>30568930
Spike at Your Service

But What About Discord is a close second, followes by AJ's Day Off and 28 Pranks Later

But SaYS remains the one I dislike the most.
As an autistic kid who watched cartoons 99% of the time I quickly caught up with the cliché pre-script episodes that every show used, and the "A saves B- B becomes a slave - A lets B saves them so they're even" is a type of episode I had seen in so many shows that I hated seeing it again, add the "suddently Spike can't do shit" when he usually cooks and does chores for Twilight and you got that episode.

What About Discord, AJ's Day Off and 28 Pranks Later are boring and dull, but SaYS was insulting.
>>
File: _HMMS_EXTERNALLY_.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
_HMMS_EXTERNALLY_.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>30572842
Are you my secret alter ego? That's pretty much the exact reason why I hated SAYS as well. Turned Spike into a bumbling retard just to make the story work, and followed that old cliche story to the letter.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.