[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your opinion of Applejack? Does she deserve to be the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 13

File: gg.jpg (242KB, 1280x964px) Image search: [Google]
gg.jpg
242KB, 1280x964px
What is your opinion of Applejack? Does she deserve to be the least popular pony among the main 6? She is even less popular than Luna.
>>
she's okay.
maybe, who cares?
no she's not.
>>
She's the most grounded of the main ponies. I would love to be her friend and drinking buddy.
>>
>>30565924
I like her more than Dash and Rarity.
>>
>>30565924
She's reddit
>>
applejack is smart, she needs to do things without wings or magic and owns an apple farm. If twilight could learn anything more, the first step would be giving up her alicorn status to be an earth pony. she-got ali-prvelage up in this b*tch. livin life on easy mode.
>>
She does not appeal to many of the typical autistic spergs in the fandom. Outside /mlp/ the bronies are just man-children, so they dont like Applejack because she is not very special. And as for little girls, they probably only like her because she has blonde hair and is the most normal looking. I am gonna do a quick run-down.

>Twilight Sparkle
Atheists, wannabe engineers and programmers, people who see themselves as intellectuals. She also appeals to the powerlevel fags who like her just because she can do anything with magic.

>Rainbow Dash
Basically the entry-level pony for the newfags. Sonic fans love her. Her color pattern appeals to a lot of bronies. Some have this illusion that she is hard on the outside and soft on the inside.

>Pinkie Pie
Basically your typical randumb xD idiot likes her. They also tend to like Discord as well. These people love the Joker and Kefka type characters.

>Fluttershy
The typical beta likes Fluttershy. Lots of weebs like her because she is shy like Hinata and other anime characters.

>Rarity
No idea. Which is why she is as popular as Applejack.
>>
>>30565924
She deserves more love. She is a great character who supports her friends and is a hard worker who keeps her priorities straight.
>>
File: the patterson film enhanced.jpg (48KB, 536x569px) Image search: [Google]
the patterson film enhanced.jpg
48KB, 536x569px
>>30565991
Thanks for the quick rundown
>>
>>30565991
Retarded post of the week. You don't have to be spiteful and insecure just because there are more popular characters
>>
I like Applejack and find her to be hot but to be honest I'm not actually sure how much I understand her personality. She has her priorities straight and and tends to prioritize the needs of others so I can definitely respect her but beyond that I'm not really sure what to think.

It's kind of hard to feel like she's the down-to-earth, level headed member of the group when all of the Applejack episodes I can remember are about her having some seriously derpy problems. I mean, there's understandable problems like her obsession with helping people causing her to overwork herself and then there's stupid shit like the episode where she had a ten minute ritual to calm the pigs down which began by scaring the pigs. And half of the things she did she knew the pigs would ignore, so she knew they were pointless.
>>
>>30566074
The way I see her personality is that she is really into family and being helpful. She basically treats Apple Bloom like her daughter and probably sees herself as a step-in mother to her. The way she worries about her friends somehow also reflects this. She is basically always the first one to run to and help someone. She is like the big sister of the group.
>>
>>30565924
>main 6
>2017
>>
Applejack is sometimes supposed to be the smartest of the group or the dumbest, most reasonable or least reasonable, her roles are very polarised between episodes. Very inconsistent. She is like a wildcard puzzle piece, the one you add to the picture as last piece to make everything fit with pieces that cannot be changed.

But I like her. She's great.
>>
she will work till her last day, sad
>>
>>30565924
she's alright
>>
>>30565924
They made her into a walking joke. There's no depth to her, no nuance, it's just lolapples. Everything she does is 100% predictable. She doesn't deserve it, but fuck man, the writers made it so. She's by far my least favourite pony.
>>
>>30565924

Is Starlight more popular than Applejack?
>>
Best pone
>>
>>30567831
Trixie is more popular than Poochie.
>>
>>30565949
>successful, morally grounded, mostly drama free with her life goals met. Easily the most hardworking and sexiest among ponies
>reddit
>>
>>30565991
>atheists
She explicitly changed her stance on things she couldn't explain with whatever analysis techniques she was trying to use on ponk, and practically worshipped celestia in earlier seasons. How does she appeal to atheists?
>>
>>30565924
Best background pony.
>>
>>30567903
Science and shit
>>
Where are all the applefags? Before 3-4 guys would just spam Applejack pics whenever a thread about Applejack was present
>>
File: 1391019905726.png (603KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1391019905726.png
603KB, 800x1000px
>>30565924
I think it's because many people don't understand her element and what it stands for, fans and writers alike. I was struggling with that too, and you also see things like the meme that RD and AJ should swap their elements, because it's hard to articulate what's the point of her element and why it's so important. What made me think about this more was what JBP was saying about acting out truth, rather than just uttering factually correct fats. A good instance of this is in the Flim-Flam episode, where she insists on creating honest product even when it may seem foolish, putting forward the proposition that if you act honestly, things generally tend to work out (and that's also how the episode ends). And this is IMO actually better "element" episode than magical tonic episode, showing that the writers don't quite understand her either, taking things on the superficial, literal level.
The other elements are much easier to understand on a bit deeper level, whereas not many people understand AJ's element, and even less are able to articulate it, because it's not as obvious why it is right or correct on any but the most superficial level. Laughter, loyalty, friendship, generosity, kindness are all things that seem very obviously right, honesty not as much.
>>
>>30568149
Think too many believe honesty is all about just telling the literal truth. But it is more about doing the right thing, always.

And for those that say RD and AJ should swap elements, I just reference them to the episode Fall Weather Friends, where RD was clearly being unfair to Applejack and thus acting dishonestly. Rainbow Dash has never been humble and fair. But because she can be brutally honest about certain things, people equate that as element of honesty.
>>
File: 1475965309632.png (337KB, 1600x1942px) Image search: [Google]
1475965309632.png
337KB, 1600x1942px
>>30568149
Reminds me of how Celestia used some way better terms to describe the elements in MMC. Applejack's was integrity, which feels so much more fitting.
>>
I want to shit in her mouth
>>
File: 1045342.png (299KB, 584x573px) Image search: [Google]
1045342.png
299KB, 584x573px
>>30565949
>conservative traditional hard working mare
>reddit
get out
>>
>>30568293
>Work herself to the point of exhaustion
>Fearful of things that might actually help her
>Sticks with tradition and what always worked simply because it is tradition, thinking that tradition has any inherent value to it
>Hardheaded and borderline retarded when interacting with others if they don't share her opinion, even if her opinion is invalid

Yep, she's the most American pony for sure.
>>
>>30568314
>thinking that tradition has any inherent value to it
It does.
>>
>>30565924
She's just incredibly meh. All flashes of her character are very far spread. Also canon dumbest m6.
>>
>>30568326
Just because you do something a lot and always have doesn't mean it is actually a good thing to be doing. Tradition should always be questioned.
>>
File: 35s.jpg (42KB, 470x462px) Image search: [Google]
35s.jpg
42KB, 470x462px
>>30568349
>canon dumbest m6
nope
>>
>>30568386
She has a learning disability, and even then she's less retarded than AJ who lacks the ability to self critique.
>>
>>30568392
>self-critique
Who let all these communists in?
>>
File: 1074111.jpg (375KB, 776x613px) Image search: [Google]
1074111.jpg
375KB, 776x613px
>>30568399
>>
>>30568382
Which doesn't go against tradition having inherent value to it. Tradition is something that people/ponies have been doing for a long span of time which in itself is pretty solid indicator that it works. That is an inherent value. Of course you should still question it, I just disagree with notion that tradition doesn't have any inherent value.
>>
File: 633321.gif (4MB, 576x324px) Image search: [Google]
633321.gif
4MB, 576x324px
She is confirmed attractive. Together with Fluttershy and Rarity.
>>
>>30568399
>People who actively try to understand their flaws so they can fix them and reach their greatest potential are Commies

Pretty sure pulling yourself up is a capitalist principle.
>>
>>30568392
>She has a learning disability,
>Source: my ass
>and even then she's less retarded than AJ who lacks the ability to self critique.
And Dash self critiques? Sure buddy.
>>
>>30568418
Muslim values are inherently valuable because they're traditional.
Got it.
>>
>>30568458
>women should not be empowered
>fags should get thrown off a building
I don't see a problem.
>>
>tradition
We had an entire fucking episode about that.
>>30568386
Yep.
>>
>>30568458
I'm not saying that value is necessarily always great, but that doesn't mean it's zero. Muslim values are still better values than no values at all.
>>
>>30568429
Nah, capitalists just fix what's wrong.
Communists bitch about people (those who don't think the way they communists think they should) who don't "self critique" all the time. Maoists in particular seem to cling to it.
>>
>>30568485
>I'm not saying that value is necessarily always great, but that doesn't mean it's zero.
Yeah. Some(read:most) traditions have negative value.
>>
>>30568493
Its not my business to worry about anyone but me. Go ahead and live with your head in the ground, just dont bother me.
>>
>>30568515
>muh individualism
gtfo
>>
>>30568522
The state only should exist to protect the individual liberties of citizens. Collectivism and sacrifice for the majority is rarely the answer. Sacrifice for the state is tyranny.
>>
>>30568532
>American values
No wonder the West is dying.
>>
>>30568496
That's an incredibly shallow and cynical stance. The problem is, you can't just take the "normal mindset" and consider it to be the baseline, because all of that stands on long judeochristian tradition. If take ACTUALLY no values at all as the baseline, you'll see the value in tradition. Having negative value in relation to western liberal tradition says very little about what actual value the tradition has.
>>
>>30568537
"Give me liberty or give me death!"
>>
>>30568470
There's nothing inherently valuable about either of those things in regards to their state as traditions. They do not create create value simply because they are traditional. The value is added from the goals behind the agenda, not from their state as a tradition. Therefore, those traditions are not valuable (or even of Muslim origin. Remember that Islam is a younger abrahamic religion)
>>
>>30568553
Traditions that bring family together have values. Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving etc
>>
>>30568475
Why do ponies even grow pigs?
Its not like they eat them
Do they just sell them off on the griffonian market?
>>
>>30568560
The holidays there are irrelevant. If you value family, you don't actually even need those holidays theoretically.
>>
>>30568553
The status of tradition is a sort of proof that it works. Not rock solid proof, but a pretty decent one. That's how tradition status ads value.
>>
>>30568544
Something that has an obvious value is almost never called a tradition. Tradition in most cases is a waste of time that people do simply because people before them did.
>>30568564
It's a tradition.
>>
>>30568569
>start having a day with family where we meet up and eat
>do this year after year
>it becomes a tradition
You get it now?
>>
>>30568564
Probably sell it or slaughter them for leather.
>>
>>30568149
I think you're a hypocritical piece of shit and your waifu is a lying pride-obsessed cunt worse than Rainbow Dash.
>>
>>30568573
It may or may not always work. It always has to be questioned to see if it still works with modern life. It loses value because it may not be able to answer every question or solve every problem. So new things may be needed.

>>30568585
That you meet yearly does not inherently mean that there is value in the meeting. It may exist or it may not. There may be better ways, or an unorthodox way of doing it.
>>
File: dashfag.jpg (181KB, 650x400px) Image search: [Google]
dashfag.jpg
181KB, 650x400px
>>30568591
>>
>>30568600
What the hell do you mean there is no value to it? It brings the family together. Lots of families are disconnected because they don't got anything that they want to celebrate together. That's the whole reason we got holidays.
>>
>>30568578
>Something that has an obvious value is almost never called a tradition.
... by progressives and neomarxists, because they want to paint all of history as dominated by evil wite supremacist patriarchy. Or any other ideology that claims to know "the truth". That doesn't change the fact that it is a tradition.
>>
File: bologna_sandwich.png (116KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
bologna_sandwich.png
116KB, 500x281px
>>30568564
>>
>>30568600
And that's absolutely right, but it doesn't contradict what I was saying. Status as a tradition adds value because it's something that has worked so far, but because our environment is constantly shifting we also have to constantly keep correcting it. That's the eternal struggle between chaos and order, yin and yang. And you need both.
>>
>>30568485
>no value is worse than bad value
Wroooong
Bad values are inherently negative. No values is simply the absence of value, and thus the potential for positive value. Broken glass is not more valuable than the raw materials used to form glass. The negative value necessitates corrective action to give positive value, hence why their values are negative. A value neutral (no value) object has the potential for value without corrective action to balance the negative.

Moving on. You're subtly shifting the goalposts. In earlier posts you talked about tradition as being inherently better on the basis of being tradition. That was the tone of your posts. As negative value is worse than no value, you're attempting to backpedal by stating that tradition should be kept simply because it has negative value, and claiming that no value is worse than negative value.
>>
File: daily reminder.png (199KB, 1541x395px) Image search: [Google]
daily reminder.png
199KB, 1541x395px
>>30565924
What is your opinion on roleplaying? Do the rules deserve to be broken? Honestly, Anon. you should start following the rules.
>>
>>30568654
>you talked about tradition as being inherently better on the basis of being tradition
Ahh, this seems to be why we've talking past each other. I'm not saying that it is "better" or that it should be kept. I'm just saying that the status of tradition has inherent value to it. And the need to correct the tradition because it no longer works in changing world may be greater - and often is (or sometimes just the fact that the tradition is plain retarded - but even in that case the STATUS as a tradition has positive value - even if the particular tradition has negative value in total), but status of tradition still has inherent value to it.
>>
>>30568149
The show itself is a marketting scheme for the toy brand, so of course Honesty is going to be extremely hard for them to translate when it juxtaposes with what any major, money-making company is all about.
>>
>>30568654
Thinking about it a bit more, another thing to consider is that no matter how bad things are, they can always get worse. And while there's a potential for positive value with change, there's always a great potential for negative value. You only need to look at what happened in 20th century after what 19th century did to traditional values. And don't take this as me arguing for stagnation, I'm just arguing that tradition is important and valuable - just like innovation is.
>>
>>30565924
She's just a sensible, traditional, hard-working pony, and to me a character isn't as noteworthy if they're just normal.

I want to see an episode where Applejack is out of her element (that isn't about being forced to judge a fashion show), and Applejack comes to better understand why she appreciates her work and family so much. It's like, does anyone remember the episode of Hey Arnold where Mr. Hyunh becomes a country singer? At first he loves it but progressively gets more depressed the further away he gets from his old life. That was the episode where he became one of my favorite characters in the show, and before that he meant almost nothing to me.
>>
>>30565991
>soft on the inside

It depends of the person she's talking about. She took it easy when it's about Fluttershy since season 2.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.