[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the show's biggest mistake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 25

File: IMG_0079.png (565KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0079.png
565KB, 1136x640px
What is the show's biggest mistake
>>
>>30563459
Being created
>>
>>30563459
existing... it has sucked me into an abyss of dank memes and horse pussy so deep and black I cant even see the sun anymore (unless I look at Celestia's insane pony pussy)
>>
>>30563474
/thread
>>
File: post-3827-0-62965300-1362607825.png (180KB, 1014x788px) Image search: [Google]
post-3827-0-62965300-1362607825.png
180KB, 1014x788px
>>30563459
>>
File: image.jpg (430KB, 1920x1072px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
430KB, 1920x1072px
>>30563459
Being created by Hasbro, who had total creative control over a constantly changing crew that doesn't know what it wants to accomplish anymore.
We were doomed from the start.
>>
>>30563459
I know gookmoot's biggest mistake: allowing stupid mobilefags like you to post on 4chan at all
>>
Depends:

Biggest mistake as in a terrible episode, then Cart Before the Ponies because that episode was basically a bad modern spongebob episode.

Biggest mistake by missed opportunity, it would be not involving the CMC with Starlight in any way, especially during the season 5 finale and not involving the CMC that much in season 6 with starlight.

Biggest mistake by worst addition to the show, then it would be whatever the alicorn baby is: doesn't really add anything to the show nor does it need to be an alicorn; but it hasn't done anything out right terrible like the other two mistakes mentioned.
>>
>>30563859
What's wrong with posting through mobile?
>>
>>30563459
Existing
>>
>>30563459
I want to say twilicorn but although the motives and method behind it were shit it really is not that big a deal.
Maybe dragon greed growth but it is clear the writers are well aware that is a mistake and have been running away from it.
Which leaves us with daring do is real which will forever taint all mentions of daring do.
Fuck Daring Don't
>>
File: 1439266604874.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1439266604874.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>30563524
>>
glimmy slimy
>>
>>30563911
Since it takes longer to type on mobile it sometimes leads to people making lower quality post. It's also occasionally used to dodge bans. If your post isn't a shitpost and you aren't a infamous shitposter than anyone accusing you of being a dumb mobilefag is probably a dumb newfag who doesn't understand what it means to be a mobilefag.
>>
>>30563459
Well, starting with >>30563524
Then the humans movies, which suck dick and are bad.
Next is the crystal castle®
Probably adding another mary sue to the main characters too, but she's not an alicorn so that's half okay.
Also the baby, don't forget about the fairy oddparents version of the baby added to the show.
It all went down since season 3.
>>
>>30564302
In other words, nothing inherently, but because some people shitpost, phone posting is automatically bad.
Plus people here cling to the appeal to tradition logical fallacy so...
>>
>>30563459
Refusal by upper management to keep consistency.
>>
>>30564313
>ellipses
you have to go back
>>
>>30563911
Easy ban evasion
>>
>>30564318
>heh, it looks like you posted in a way that doesn't conform to the traditional style of posting. That's too bad...
>>
>>30564353
You're going to knock someone over if you keep tipping like that, young man.
>>
File: 1500592237293.gif (467KB, 704x495px) Image search: [Google]
1500592237293.gif
467KB, 704x495px
>>30564366
>appeal to tradition 2: electric booga(you)
>>
I liked the crystal castle.
Ok that's a lie I liked the destruction of the golden oaks library. I am neutral on the castle.
Also the elements of harmony were the original mistake.
>>
>>30563459
From the start, probably communication among the writers and even with Lauren herself.
>>
If we if we are talking about executive meddling with Faust it's too much meddling in some areas and not enough in others.
>>
Incressing train speed.

That or they should have offered some explanation for how long that first train to canterlot took.
>>
File: 1498575775447.png (217KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1498575775447.png
217KB, 400x400px
>>30563459
Episode 100.
>>
File: berg jerm.jpg (112KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
berg jerm.jpg
112KB, 720x960px
>>30564858
Uhh, it happens off-screen

Also, it's for little girls, go fuck yourself
>>
>>30563524
>The vast majority of problems that came after are a direct result of this.
If you don't hate it, you're worse than a flood of redditors.
>>
>>30564873
>off screen
Spike explicity got from ponyville to the crystal empire in a few hours while that trip took half a day in mystery on the friendship express.
And it was fucked well before that episode.
Turns out they just shortened the distance vetween places though.
5 times in one week my ass.
>>
>>30565392
>Spike to the crystal empire
>mystery on the friendship express
>5 times in one week

... I think those were 3 different locations, anon
>>
>>30563459
Losing Lauren.
>>
>>30564341
restart your router
retard
>>
>>30563459
/b/ and the explosion it created
>>
File: 1382750129822.gif (1MB, 300x166px) Image search: [Google]
1382750129822.gif
1MB, 300x166px
>>30563459
Your pic related, by a landslide.
>>
File: satanicorn.jpg (92KB, 800x596px) Image search: [Google]
satanicorn.jpg
92KB, 800x596px
>>30563524
this
>>
>>30563459
Reforming Discord. I never cared much for the character in the first place, his reformation was rushed and the in-universe rationale for even trying to reform him was practically non-existent.
>>
>>30565379
>my opinion is the only right one waaaahh!!!
>>
>>30566230
I think the reasons WERE there... But for the rest I agree, it was rushed and non-sensical.
>>
>>30566299
My opinion isn't right, your opinion is wrong.
>>
>>30563459
People on /mlp/.
>>
File: cmc cutie marks.png (112KB, 1599x500px) Image search: [Google]
cmc cutie marks.png
112KB, 1599x500px
>>30563459
>>
>>30563459
that one episode where starlight fucks up big
>>
Twilight's castle is the biggest mistake. It should have been a massive library, like The Citadel in Oldtown in Game of Thrones.
>>
Continuing past season 3.
>>
>>30567998
this

If the show ended with MMC, we could easily write off the alicorn shit as non-canon since it doesn't affect any of the previous 64 episodes

My Little Barbie wouldn't have happened

Fanservice: The Episode wouldn't have happened

Buy Our Crystal Castle Playset wouldn't have happened

Buy Our Crystal Castle Playset With A Baby Included wouldn't have happened

etc.
>>
>>30568016
You forgot:
No retconning Pinkie's family for a horrible character.
No Flash Sentry.
No Glimmer, or Glimmer turned into Poochie.
>>
File: REGRET EVERYTHING.png (300KB, 601x584px) Image search: [Google]
REGRET EVERYTHING.png
300KB, 601x584px
>>30563459
us
>>
>>30565448
Look at the map you faggot.
Maybe canterlot takes ages to climb the hill but then they have taken shorter trips to canterlot by train since then.
>>
>>30567592
This.
>>
Discord being reformed. He has had maybe one or two episodes that are actually worth reforming him. The rest are boring.
>>
>>30563459
Twilight becoming an alicorn
>>
Applejack lying.
All the fucking time.
>>
>>30563524
FOUR FUCKING YEARS ALMOST HALF A DECADE SHE'S BEEN AN ALICORN LONGER THAN SHE'S BEEN A UNICORN
>>
>>30568637
And the show has been worse off for every second of it.
>>
It being a kids show.
>>
>>30568112
This desu
>>
File: SmileHD.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
SmileHD.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>30563851
Pinkie had the right idea murdering everyone in Smile HD if it meant sparring them of the horrors that awaited them at the hands of Hasbro
>>
File: therealityglimmerfagsdeny.png (21KB, 700x350px) Image search: [Google]
therealityglimmerfagsdeny.png
21KB, 700x350px
The fucking Monster Highesque spinoff, and wasting the most interesting character this franchise ever had (and that will ever have) there, while giving us just about the worst substitute we could possibly have
>>
>>30563459
Can't Dance being an alicorn instead of just a regular unicorn princess like Lauren intended
>>
>>30563459
Existing.
>>
File: crazy_twilight.png (276KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
crazy_twilight.png
276KB, 2000x2000px
>>30563524
It goes back further, famalam.

People say that the problems started with Faust and Larson left halfway through Season 2, but the place where the show jumped the shark was early season 2, with "Lesson Zero."

Twilight has just spent two episodes getting brutally mindfucked by Nyarlathotep, voiced by John de Lancie, and has an emotional breakdown onscreen. Leaving aside that the response I'd expect of the character after getting her nose rubbed in the fact that all her power, all her friends, all her knowledge, don't add up to a fart in a whirlwind when insane alien eldritch abominations drop in to play, would have been clinical depression and grief, they showed it onscreen. And they made a running gag of what was previously by far the most intelligent, stable, and mature of the Mane 6 making goofy bug-eyed faces like Ren Hoek and going GAR GAR GAR as she cast a hideous mind-rape spell on a cloth doll and threw it into a crowd, mind-raping half the town and turning Ponyville into a crater. Her punishment for this, by the way, was Princess Celestia forgiving her instantly, instead of, oh, I don't know, severing her connection to magic and to her Element because she'd just demonstrated she wasn't worthy of the power.

Part of the problem is that even with Faust and Larson there was no vision of what the show was, or who the characters were.

"It's a comfy slice-of-life series about six good friends in a small town, with a little slapstick humor." "No, wait! The six friends are actually a secret magical-girl SWAT team that answers directly to a head of state, and they fight monsters! Whoosh boom pow kablooey! And even though the head of state was earlier stated to be one of the most powerful beings in existence, she actually can't fight her way out of a wet paper bag and they have to rescue her all the time! It's like Dragon Ball Z, for girls!"
>>
File: glimmyboops.png (234KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
glimmyboops.png
234KB, 600x600px
>>30569963
> wasting the most interesting character this franchise ever had (and that will ever have) there, while giving us just about the worst substitute we could possibly have
>MFW cucks actually believe this
>>
File: evenkekhatesglimmer.png (246KB, 1600x732px) Image search: [Google]
evenkekhatesglimmer.png
246KB, 1600x732px
>>30570172
>>
>>30570154
And people complain about the continuity problems, that some say started when Faust and Larson left? The first really big continuity fuckup, the one that was bad enough to put me off watching the show, was the very next episode, "Luna Eclipsed."

Remember S1E1, supposedly just a few months before? Nightmare Moon shows up and announces herself. Nobody in Ponyville even knows who she is. Nobody but Purplesmart, Knower of Obscure Stuff, because she's spent her whole life with her nose in a book.

Fast forward just a few months and nu-Luna, S1 Woobie Woona's taller, sexier replacement, drops into Ponyville for a visit. They're having the annual Nightmare Night holiday festival, a centuries-old tradition where they tell the story of Nightmare Moon, and put up NMM-themed decorations. There are statues of Nightmare Moon everywhere, little shrines where you leave candy for her so she won't eat you, and all that. Three months ago these people didn't know who the fuck she was, but they've had a holiday about her since Moses was a PFC.

And then, even though back in the Season 1 opener, they welcomed Woobie Woona back and said they understood she wasn't evil, or possessed, or whatever, any more, and all nodded their pointy little heads like they understood, and you could hear the dried pea rattle inside and everything, suddenly, on Nightmare Night, "oh shit it's Nightmare Moon, she's gonna kill us alllllllllllllll"

What the fuck, Ponyville? Is there something in the water? You people have the long-term memory of goldfish. Or maybe the script writers just phoned it in.

That was S2E04, written and produced by Faust and Larson, and it only got worse from there.

So I read fanfiction and look at pony pictures, and think about what the show could have been with better quality writing.
>>
>>30570154
>>30570193
This is a fair analysis. My primary and major gripe was the lore inconsistency as well. I can overlook a lot of other things but inconsistency really, really bothers me when it comes to lore.

It really is extremely upsetting that the utter sheer amount of potential the show had to create a world rich in interesting lore got wasted and trashed to the curb because of lack of proper management and a lacking vision.

It could have been the greatest, but instead it only turned into something "good", not a far stretch from mediocre.
>>
>>30570256
1/2

I would agree. The voice talent is so good, the animation is so amazing to look at. The characters and the world seem so full of possibilities--that never got explored or even examined.

Part of it is the unavoidable problem that all this stuff is created for syndication. They're going to be showing FiM in reruns for the next fifty years. Fans--well, fans old enough to notice, anyway--love things like worldbuilding, multi-episode plot arcs, real character development. But all that stuff means that when TV stations play it, they have to pay the $9/hour "broadcast tech" from the temp service to take a few more seconds to queue the episodes up in order instead of slapping them in randomly, and that would cost MONEY. Syndicated programming is supposed to be accessible and understandable without having seen any of it before. So characters get simplified to the point of being Flanderized. Worldbuilding is ignored in favor of the same three or four plots and the same four or five jokes over and over and over.

And yes, inconsistency and contradiction and blatant retcons drive me insane. Maybe I'm just autistic. Maybe I care too much about these adorable characters.

Just for one example--well, I will admit that I adore Princess Celestia. I love her character design, I love Nicole Oliver's voice acting, and I love seeing her get more than a couple of lines of exposition in an episode.

She was explicitly stated in canon to be able to raise and lower the sun and moon with almost no effort, which previously took a team made up of 50+ of the world's most powerful unicorns working in concert, and which pushed them to their absolute limits.
>>
>>30570256
Like anon said before, there was a communication problem
>>
>>30570341
2/2

When Twilight Sparkle--mutant freak powerhouse and one-in-a-generation prodigy proto-Mary Sue--began to manifest her powers as a tiny filly, and nearly immolated herself, as well as causing great damage to the castle and turning her own father into a potted plant, Celestia was able to stop it all, get the magical meltdown under control, and fix everything, including the one who'd been temporarily rendered a cactus, with a wave of one hoof, without even breaking a sweat. Whatever she is, with that kind of power, primitive civilizations on Earth would have worshipped her as a living goddess.

And for a thousand years, she kept her people and nation safe, in a world vastly more dangerous than our own, full of dragons and warlike griffons and actual living eldritch abominations like the Windigos and the Smooze.

But suddenly, in just the past few years, everybody and his brother has been mopping the palace floors with her, and she has to be rescued again and again by Twilight Sparkle, who surely can't have one ten thousandth of her power.

The one-and-a-half-cent-a-word hacks who wrote Spiderman comic book scripts for Stan Lee in 1965 did a better job than this at handling a world with different heroes having different levels of power. Daredevil and Spiderman can have their street-level adventures chasing gangsters and bank robbers, because the Fantastic Four are off kicking Galactus's ass.

But instead, when finally, in Season 7, we finally get a look at what Celestia actually does all day... she doesn't do jack shit. She personally leads tour groups of prepubescent fillies who are on a field trip.

Equestria would be no worse off if Celestia and Luna were abducted by a UFO one rainy night, never to be seen again, and they tore down the castle and built a strip-mall with a Little Caesar's and one of those overpriced auto insurance places.

It's a far cry from the mysterious chessmistress Sun-Goddess we saw glimpses of in Season 1.
>>
>>30570193
I agree, but I'm not hardcore enough to pinpoint exact examples like that. It just feels all the latest episodes have the characters getting themselves in the kinds of trouble they'd avoid if they retained any of the friendship lessons that entire episodes have been dedicated to.
>>
>>30570341
>>30570386
I agree entirely with you on how they absolutely and astonishingly fucked up her character so far beyond repair that it's unbelievable. Truly, the only way I believe they could <possibly> maaaaybe climb out of their massive fuck up hole, is to basically give us historical context to her and Luna's past, and why she was able to do those things then, and why we don't see them being done now, with perhaps a long term plan involving Twilight that she set in motion maybe centuries before or something.

At least something like that would be acceptable, and smoothen out glaring inconsistencies. But depressingly, I can't foresee that occurring, given Hasbro's track record for not giving a fuck and just wanting to rake in those cheap toybux, and that reality is upsetting to the max.

It was to my understanding that the glaring hole in consistency portrayed in S07-E10 was due to the team lazily hiring writing hacks who didn't even bother learning the background and character development of the character they were writing and basically said "fuck it, I write what I want", and this furthers infinitely my primary gripe that this show was ruined as soon as they refused to procure proper management and leadership of those who actually gave a damn.

Tragedy seems a fitting word here.
>>
>>30563459
Not related to our show really, but the shit eqg bullshit
>>
>>30570154
>>30570193
I can agree with this 100, as well as the analysis of Celestia >>30570341 and >>30570386 made.

For me, Cadence and Shining Armor seriously rubbed me the wrong way in their implementation. Not only was Cadence an alicorn from the get go, but the fact that she was as such from the beginning but had no introduction, mention, or foreshadowing makes her inclusion completely nonsensical.

Worse yet is that they're a pair of character skeletons who are of the bare minimum for an episode of interactions. Of anyone, they're the perfect example of "literally exists to market toys" in the show. It baffles me that anyone even likes them.

Twilight's ascension bothered many for any number of reasons, but for me, it was the huge missed opportunity for Celestia to have significant relevance. Becoming an Equal from graduating, while being unsure of where this path will take her should have opened a chance for Luna/Tia to tell some Alicorn stories about how they found their place in the world or any personal struggles and challenges they overcame doing so. Instead, they just sang a song that says "you'll figure it out soon enough ;)" and left it at that.

Speaking of, I still wished Twilight had a moment to mature past her near irrational reverence of Celestia, even if its only a little. She admits in A Royal Problem that she has a massive bias for her, but if she were tasked to help Glimmer manage the two, it could have been a bit of a change in her perception of her mentor towards cutting down the pedestal she made. That would at least be a development for 3 ponies instead of 2, because it basically did nothing for Glimmer there.
>>
File: Equestrian_government_explained.png (357KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Equestrian_government_explained.png
357KB, 700x700px
>>30570424
>>30570510
Thanks.

What I would like to see would be an episode--it could even be half an episode, or one plot in a multi-plot episode where multiple things are happening at once--where we learn just why Celestia is in charge, and it's not because there's a cardboard sign taped to the back of the throne that says "You must be THIS TALL --> to rule Equestria."

Some threat comes--a recycled G1 baddie, some superpowered thing from the Everfree, invaders from space, pick one out of a hat--that shrugs off everything the Mane 6 can throw at it, with or without the Elements of Harmony (are those still in play? it doesn't matter, they retcon everything else and contradict themselves about everything else constantly).

And Celestia, where the public can't see, looks genuinely worried when she tells Purplesmart "Don't follow me, don't try to help.
If I don't come back you and Luna are going to have to run things. I was hoping for a few more years with you, but I have to do this." And then she goes forth to do battle with it, and whatever is happening, from the perspective of the ponies on the ground, it's just a minute or two of flashes of light in the sky. The actual battle the viewers see? Well, does anyone here watch One Punch Man? Base it on the fight between Saitama and Lord Boros:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcVXxVclM9c

The gore, of course, isn't appropriate for the main audience. But otherwise something like that in tone and visuals. Let the viewers have no doubt why Sunbutt is in charge, and understand how she was able to protect everyone else, alone, for a thousand years, without even being able to use the Elements of Harmony on bad guys, since supposedly they stopped responding to her after she used them on Luna.

And then Celestia comes back down with a few cuts and scrapes and scorch marks, and a bent crown, and says "Okay. What's for lunch?"

That might salvage matters, maybe.
>>
>>30570656
They could have done this with Tirek, in a way.
Have the M6 deal with Discord and isolate him while Celestia with all the alicorn magic (sans Twilight's) throws down with the supercharged big bad. Instead:

>Celestia: "Take all our magic, Twilight! Run away, and dont let him find you! Oh, and those friends who helped you overcome otherwise insurmountable odds? Dont tell them about anything because its too dangerous!

"What do you mean contingency plan? So what if he enslaves or destroys our race and removes us, the only ones who could otherwise use the magic reserves we give you to fight back, from the picture indefinitely? At least he wont have our magic"
>>
>>30563459
Easy:
1. Not making use and distinguishing the mane 5 during plot heavy episodes, openings and finales
2. Over relaying on magic and over powered magical villains to set up the problem and fix it
3. Not making use of the already present side characters while focusing too much on non relevant BG ponies
4. the treatment of Spike and Spike abuse with such a large male audience
5. allowing lore to fall to the wayside for a one second joke or to copy Animaniactics
>>
>>30570725
>Spike Abuse
I honestly dont have problems with him being on the receiving end of a gag, but its the extremes that follow that make it problematic. He's either a complete dead-weight or hindrance in some cases or so exceptionally crucial that he steals the show in others.

I really prefer the happy medium of him being a snarky straightman to help talk sense into whoever is unfortunate enough to catch the idiot ball for a given episode.
>>
>>30570432
>eqg
hey, without EqG we wouldn't have had:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24Jek2VWWgU
>>
File: 1488587740802.gif (2MB, 299x252px) Image search: [Google]
1488587740802.gif
2MB, 299x252px
>>30570386
This is a pretty fascist interpretation of the character tbqh familam. Not unsupported in the canon, but if you can look at all this and go "yeah this is cool and good" you're a major bootlicker.

I'm very happy with Celestia's relegation, specifically because it nips this sort of authoritarian bullshit in the bud.

>>30570656
Yeah, see, this shonen shit is a cancer. OPM is literally a critique of the sort of fantasy scenario you're citing it for. The fact that you not only can't see that but actively look at it and like it as a serious element of a story is pretty telling of how much your opinion should be ignored.
>>
>>30570837
Hi Derpibooru!
>>
File: 1499923660105.gif (2MB, 242x442px) Image search: [Google]
1499923660105.gif
2MB, 242x442px
>>30570861
>everyone who disagrees with you must be a part of a group you don't like
>>
>>30571501
Different anon but just want you to know your opinion is typical of the kinds of people who don't frequent 4chan. I mean really, how can you call the shitty writing and destruction of Celestia's character "good"
>>
File: 1433896034811.png (541KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1433896034811.png
541KB, 1280x853px
>>30570837
>this is a pretty fascist interpretation of Celestia
Shes a literal empress tho. She's called a "princess" because thats her title, but she rules, alone, over an empire. Thus an empress.
She not only was able to use the Elements of Harmony all by herself on Luna, but also defeated Primal God of Chaos Discord, Big Ass Minotaur from Hell Tirek and Dark Magic Despot Sombra.
If the events of the show are representative of normal life on Equestria, then Celestia was the one to take care of a DEFCON 2 situation every year. At least.

I think the point of that anon was that nu-Celestia is nothing like Old Celestia. Its like a completely different character.
We're talking about the horse that petrified Discord and send her own sister to the moon for a thounsand years.
She just doesnt do shit and relies on other ponies to do the job, when shes supposed to be 1/4th of the absolute elite of the world, both in magic power (she controls the fucking sun AND the moon) and in physical capabilites (taller, possibly stronger than the rest of horses, and with bigger and better wings). Its inconsistent at best and a "we dont care, we sell toys" at worst.

If there was some sort of explanation, Id be fine with her being next to useless.
>Celestia is old and her power is failing, but she has to be in the throne because she is the face of the Equestria
>Sending Luna to the actual moon burned her magic powers, and defending the land, alone, for a thousand years made it worse.
>She didnt actually do it herself, she always relied on 6 different ponies each generation that did pretty much what the mane 6 do, minus the element. She just took the credit for herself because shes the Princess and no one remembers old heroes.

Celestia as she is right now is a joke. Its like they hire someone that has never seen the show to write every moment shes on screen.
>youre gonna write princess celestia's episode
<what, like a normal princess? Well, she probably does nothing.
>good enough
>>
>>30572322
Well, yes.

That poster doesn't know the difference:

between shonen and seinen
between parody and deconstruction
between "fascism" and "stuff I don't like"
between himself and cancer

And I agree with your points, but it's much worse, if you watch closely.

nu-Celestia--really, she's been this way since Lesson Zero in early Season 2--isn't just getting sand kicked in her face by nonentities like Tirek and Chrysalis that she ought to be able to reduce to a scorch mark on the marble tile floors with a dirty look three words into their villain soliloquies, a wailing damsel in distress who gets the floor mopped with her and has to be rescued so often that it's turned into a running gag. No, it's worse.

Because they didn't just de-power her and make her weak.

They made her STUPID, too.

When Purplesmart went nuts and endangered the whole town, because she wasn't worthy of the powers of her own magic or the Elements, did Celestia cut her magic off and find another Element bearer? Nope--just a short lecture, and all is forgiven.

When Discord comes back and goes on a rampage again and again, does she turn him back into stone, or have someone else do it if she can't, and send the statue to the moon? No. She lets Flutterbutter talk her into trying to "reform" an insane evil god, who is basically H.P. Lovecraft's evil god "Nyarlathotep," an insane evil god from another dimension. And we saw what a great decision that was when he helped Tirek escape, right? For which she, again, handed him back to Buttersqueak rather than do the right thing for her people.

In the Glimglam time-travel episodes we see all these alternate timelines where Celestia isn't able to solve every problem by throwing Purplesmart at it--and we see that Celestia is absolutely 100% helpless, worthless, and utterly incompetent, 100% of the time. Every major problem turns into the Apocalypse, every single time, when Twilight Sue-parkle isn't there to do it all for her. Why is she in charge?
>>
File: booping_intensifies.png (390KB, 597x597px) Image search: [Google]
booping_intensifies.png
390KB, 597x597px
>>30570172
This man here knows his stuff.
>>
>>30570837
>this is a pretty fascist interpretation of Celestia

Right. Because that's the definition of fascism, when someone who is strong protects those who are weaker. Right.

We all remember reading in history class about how when the Martians invaded Italy in 1937, Benito Mussolini put on his cape and picked up his magic sword and few up to do battle with them personally in the skies above Rome and saved the Earth.

Right?

Right?

No, wait. Maybe you're just a fucking moron.

Words mean things.
>>
>>30564316
t h i s t b h f a m
>>
>>30570750
Hey, she could have been in Poochie's place.
>>
>>30568637
Autism isn't curable.
>>
>>30574121
but beheadable
>>
>>30574003
There's nothing to suggest that. As a matter of fact Meghan said it wouldn't have any impact on the show. So no, she wouldn't have gotten glimmer place even if glimmer didn't exist. She's a EqG character only.
>>
>>30574676
We're talking about an "eqg doesn't exist" scenario.

No Equestria Girls = It's assets are just used in the show instead.

show with Sunset >>>> Nyx >>>>>>>>> dogshit >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Glimmer
>>
>>30563459
We are the show's biggest mistake.
>>
>>30570750
God, and here I thought gmod pony models were ugly.
>>
>>30571683
I can call it "relatively good", at least, because I don't like the character she would be if she was written well, duh. A well-written Celestia would be so morally abhorrent it would actively ruin the show if the writers weren't 100% aware of the monster they were creating.

>>30572322
>Shes a literal empress tho.
Yeah, I'm not saying that interpretation is not supported by the canon, I'm just saying it's a shitty interpretation. Arguments about a text should be functioning on a higher level than just "is this idea supported by the canon or not".

And yeah, I know what they're saying. They're really mad that their favorite authoritarian isn't as powerful as they thought she was. Boo hoo.

>>30572709
I love how you have to twist my words to make a point.
1. The distinction between shonen and seinen is meaningless in regards to OPM. In so far as the trends parodied by OPM follow into seinen material, they are not fundamentally changed enough to fall outside the parody.
2. I never said OPM was a deconstruction, I said it was a critique, which is true. All parodies are critiques, implicitly.
3. Read Deleuze, loser.
4. I'm actually a pisces.

Oh, and Celestia has always been an idiot. Your headcanon is just filling in the blanks that the writers were too lazy to fill in themselves at the time, but have since rectified with a complete image of Celestia outside of your fantasy.

>>30572976
>when someone who is strong protects those who are weaker
If you think fascism precludes the idea of the strong protecting the weak you need to massively reassess your understanding of it. It's propaganda to think that fascists are death camp worshiping psychopaths with no empathy for the weak, and buying into it leaves you vulnerable to the reality of it's benign paternalism.
>>
>>30575565
Hi Derpibooru! Troll harder.
>>
>>30575982
I'll try :^)
>>
File: 1495625544890.jpg (26KB, 267x274px) Image search: [Google]
1495625544890.jpg
26KB, 267x274px
>>30568637
>>
>>30563474
fpbp
>>
File: insinuate.jpg (45KB, 511x480px) Image search: [Google]
insinuate.jpg
45KB, 511x480px
ITT: intricate political analysis of a kids' TV show, with particular emphasis on attempting to describe a benevolent monarchy--far more benevolent than any that ever existed in the real world--that has no secret police or death-camps as "fascist"

Read Orwell and gb2/pol/
>>
>>30576083
I remember when I came to that realization too a long time ago.
>>
File: 1464281160338.gif (5KB, 201x257px) Image search: [Google]
1464281160338.gif
5KB, 201x257px
>>30570154
>>30570193
>>30570341
>>30570386
>>30570256
>>30570424
>>30570510
>>30570656
>>30570721
>>30572322
>>30572709
>>30572976
>i know what this show was about better than lauren
i hate you so much
i hate celestiafaggot fanfictions you've deluded yourselves into considering as one and only truth
i hate that whenever i see sunhorse i see your sycophanies

burn
>>
>>30563459
Your existence.
^:)
>>
>>30578196
Hi Derpibooru! You're really going to have to do better than this. I'm kind of disappointed.
>>
File: 1496026653096.png (119KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1496026653096.png
119KB, 800x800px
>>30570656
>"Sorry, my little ponies, we're close for 2 weeks to clean and repair Equestria's favorite family fun park. Sorry~"
>>
I know people around here don't like TV Tropes, but there's some discussion there that might be of interest to people who are of the opinion that the writing staff hasn't handled MLP:FiM perfectly:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/BrokenBase/MyLittlePonyFriendshipIsMagic

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/DethroningMoment/MyLittlePonyFriendshipIsMagic

And since it's TVtropes, they make the discussion and opinions in this thread sound downright polite and nuanced.
>>
>>30570837
I went to rallies and protests all over the US to beat up your friends for fun.

I am literally Hitler.

I hate you fucking scumbags so much that I ignore my differences with right-wing guys and beat in your faggot fucking skulls with them.

It's literally a fucking Diarchy that was for the thousand years prior to the first episode a Monarchy.

Maybe the show /is/ super fashy, it's hardly an "interpretation" though, it's just how the show is and has always been.

>tl;dr if you unironically call people "bootlicker" you should become an hero as soon as you can
>>
>>30563459
Eveyrhting related to crystals - Cadance, Sombra, crystal kingdom and especially Twilights new Castle.
>>
>>30580014
Please stop giving the troll (You)s. He's trying way too hard.

>TV show for little girls
>made in Soviet Canuckistan
>every single major character is female
>show features multiple races, multiple cultures
>everyone's just happy happy happy almost all the time
>everything is cotton candy, marshmallows, rainbows, and unicorn farts
>set in society ruled by benevolent and totally adorable monarch/diarchs who rule with a much lighter hoof than anyone who existed in the real world, ever
>"ermahgerd, fashisms!!!!!!111oneoneeleventy"

"It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley’s broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else." George Orwell, "As I Please," Tribune (24 March 1944)

That rumbling sound you hear is George Orwell reaching out through time and space to bitchslap him. Nothing more is necessary. Please stop giving him (You)s.
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.