[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why were we supposed to be angry at this, again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Why were we supposed to be angry at this, again?
>>
File: 63738219540328.jpg (54KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
63738219540328.jpg
54KB, 256x256px
>>30557085
Wings ma’lady.
>>
>>30557085
Because the episode was an awful asspull designed to sell toys. Fuck off, shill
>>
>>30557098
/thread
>>
>>30557085

it was a rushed and poorly executed event that should have been on par with the episode where the CMC got their cutie marks

It's hard to believe that people in 2017 still refuse to watch the show because of that one episode though, considering how many great episodes followed it.
>>
>>30557085
It isn't because bronies don't like change, but because every change to the show is done so poorly that if the fandom didn't become as wide and imaginative as it did, being able to fill in the gaps themselves, then we would've died out a long time ago.
>>
>>30557098
Anon, the entire show's purpose since its inception has been to sell toys.

>>30557216
>being able to fill in the gaps themselves
Filling them with shit isn't a good option.
>>
>>30557253
What else is gonna get rid of that vomit stank?
>>
>>30557253
Not really, the rating of the show at the start limited how forced the toy shoehorning could be by banning direct commercials of the the toys during runtime, meaning Hasbro had to rely on things like quality episodes and interesting writing to sell toys, not simply having product placement. Ever since they removed that rating, the show has felt much more corporate.
>>
>>30557271
>interesting writing
>S1
pick one
S1 is cliched as fuck, you could like it for nostalgia reasons, but what "interesting" is there?
>>
It was always a toygrab, but it was never so outward and forward about that.
I mean, things like Cherry Berry's helicopter didnt get marketed as "#Ponycopter" like Twilight's ascension was during commercial breaks, complete with a guest to facilitate the segment.
>>
File: 1497587493932.png (368KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1497587493932.png
368KB, 1280x853px
>>30557253
Because the episode was shit. Since s3e1 (and arguably before that) fandom heavily speculated on topic of alicorns, ascension and Bookhorse. Generally, I don't remember anyone minding it. The problem that was after two seasons of slow, continuous growth and development of Twi as a character, 12 episodes of blatant increase in power without any subtlety to it combined with a 20 minutes 'lol this is the most important part of your life kthxbai' finale the entire arc felt rushed. Not to mention the differences between s1,2 Twiggles and alicorn purples made it difficult to perceive her as one character.

So in short, fuck you, got me to respond
>>
>>30559790
>the differences between s1,2 Twiggles and alicorn purples
Such as?
>>
>>30560038
lol watch the show fgt
>>
>>30560065
>implying
Literraly the only difference between pre-wings and post-wings Twilight is the wings. If you are trying to argue that she's not a bookish nerd anymore, then YOU should watch the show.
>>
>>30557085
It was a bad episode
It's not really about anting to sell toys
Or rather, it is, but it's the whole show's premise.

The fact is, USUALLY they do this stuff, but better
Hasbro wanted to sell toys about anew alicorn and wanted Cadance to be in the show? They wrote a good ep about it

Fans mad just because Twilight got wings, the kind of fans that were mad BEFORE the episode aired, are wrong.

MMC is a bad episode but it's one of the most important of the show, that's why you can't just ignore it like say AJ's Day Off, that has no relevance whatsoever.

It's a bad, rushed episode that could have been better. People mad because "it's a cash in only made for money and toys" probably did good by not watching the show anymore, they never understood in in the first place.
>>
I agree that the episode was rushed, but that's my only real problem with it. It was also the show's first full-on musical episode, and even if it's a middling episode at best, Celestia's Ballade is still one of my fav moments in the show.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.