[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is MLP FIM turing into a Fan service Sandbox

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: Daybreaker Silhouette Wall.png (544KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Daybreaker Silhouette Wall.png
544KB, 1280x720px
Why MLP becoming focus on backstory, lore, mythology at the expense of characterization and plot?
>>
>>30554117
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFTdKhjvhiI
>>
>>30554117
Is this a wallpaper thread?
>>
>>30554117
Fanservice has been there for years now, but S6 really went overboard with it. S7 thankfully has been a lot better in all regards so far.
>>
>>30554234
no, this is fanservice thread only
>>
>>30554240
So this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOnUU4fm1Z4&list=PLhZTlV5Uagg_rJd63OTK-XZMbsfcDx5o8&index=18
>>
>>30554240
>S6 really went overboard with it

prove it.
>>
It's been a tradeoff for me.

Lauren's season gave us stronger characterization and better character interactions but the world that they inhabited didn't have much depth.

Now we have the depth and more complex storytelling but the characters feel thinner and more flanderized.
>>
>>30554234
>1280x720
It's not.
>>
>>30554315
both season 5 & 6 were balance in this regard.

>>30554319
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>30554329
>Who are you quoting?
The dimensions of op's image.
>>
Aside from a few episodes, the plot has never been good and the characterization is a mess. People fell in love with the show because of the animation and world building.
>>
>>30554117
Why is no one watching the two videos?
>>
>>30554117
>focus on backstory, lore, mythology
At the same time that we are getting
>Writers who refuse to read the existing lore
>Direct contradictions with existing characters' backstories
>Anachronisms graduating from merely background gags to the central focus of episodes
>Straight up forgetting that pegasi are responsible for bringing weather
I think there's a valid discussion on whether things have gotten too fanservice-ey, but it's not because they're aiming for "lore" or "backstory".
>>
>>30554402
Look at this then >>30554189
>>
>>30554421
Is that a guy or girl
>>
>>30554424
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ9z3uhmeCs
>>
>>30554438
So she's transgender? Why wouldn't she change her voice at all :/
>>
>>30554474
I think she just decide that she was gonna to be a chick.

Otherwise i just don't know.
>>
File: 1499859423504.gif (3MB, 400x437px) Image search: [Google]
1499859423504.gif
3MB, 400x437px
>>30554474
>"she"
>>
>>30554534
/pol please leave
>>
>>30554564
>"stop correcting me!"
Facts are facts. Just because you mutilate your body as a man doesn't make you a woman.
>>
>>30554587
She's not a biological female, no shit. But that doesn't mean you need to be disrespectful to her own personal life style
>>
>>30554620
>"you shouldn't be disrespectful toward someone for mutilating themselves for being mentally ill"
Hahaha no. Fuck the (((shills))) supporting this. And fuck you for enabling it.
>>
File: 1466043950938.gif (569KB, 744x420px)
1466043950938.gif
569KB, 744x420px
>>30554620
>disrespectful
anon respect is earned not given, secondly we are allowed to voice our thoughts and opinions on his lifestyle as much as anyone else. you dont get a free pass in life cause you say you're a girl in a mans body or some shit.
>>
>>30554424
Its a feminist faggot that jumped on the bandwagon to bring princess molestia down.
Ironically it's exposing why the show is becoming shit in an objective way.
>>
>>30554650
How does a human earn respect?
>>
>>30554117
>focus on backstory, lore, mythology
Wait what?
... (waiiiitt)

Oh oh my god you mean? You call that mythology?
Oh God. Oooohh you naive, easily-driven, coerced sheep.

Discord is not canon, he's a joke, a meme.
Luna's new design and personality isn't canon.
Nightmare Star/Daybreaker was a joke. Just like Tirek.
Starlight Glimmer is a joke.
Season 4's premiere was trash and explained and presented nothing of value about the princesses.
Same problem with Castle Mane-ia
Same problem with all of the CMC/Luna episodes which provided nothing in their favor.
You can't call that /trash/ progression. There's nothing evolutionary about it. Don't fall for the sjw idiots which use their own meaning of the word progression.

The whole show is on hold, it's being sabotaged by an idiot.

The show hasn't progressed with backstory and mythology since Cutie Mark Chronicles and the first 2 episodes.

Canterlot and Cloudsdale? Nothing was progressed on them. The show should have switched locations each season. And don't call Sweet and Elite progression, it was regressive.
Everfree Forest? it stopped being a dangerous and mysterious forest since Stare Master and Owl's That Ends Well. Same problem with the castle inside the everfree forest that used to hold the elements, nothing mysterious about it.

Don't fall for their false positives, OP. They're lies for silly goiym to swallow like sheep thinking the grass is greener is we paint it. It's a technical lie "there we handled your favourite idea, why don't you like it? A Luna and Celestia episode!! " which was written like garbage and focused on Glimmer.
>>
>>30554189

Pretty sure the point of Link is that he's a non-character. He's not going on an adventure. I am. He just represents my link to that adventure.

It's also strange that he so thoroughly explains the problems with Tolkein's writings as a whole but seems to indicate that Tom Bombadil was the only instance where shit went off the rails to vomit unnecessary world building at us.

I mean, what's the takeaway here, really? Nerds like dumb minutia, narrative coherence isn't a prerequisite for commercial success and we've all got big ol' blind spots for the things we love? I feel like we all know that.
>>
>>30554438
>Glass of water
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>30554474
Because now all you need to do is »think« you are a female to actually be a female.
It doesn't matter how hairy and manly you are, you are suddenly a girl.
Woohoo
>>
>>30554730
I don't know

>>30554737
Are you drunk?

>>30554749
Smart Reply

>>30554763
Why?

>>30554792
So your basically trap of that said gender?
>>
>>30554117
Bump
>>
>>30554117
Anon that's not backstory, lore and mythology. It's a pile of dog shit covering a broken window.
>>
>>30554749
>Nerds like dumb minutia, narrative coherence isn't a prerequisite for commercial success and we've all got big ol' blind spots for the things we love? I feel like we all know that.
Nerds also take a lot of satisfaction in pointing out the obvious.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.