[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you hide your obsession with mlp or are you open about it /mlp/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 13

Do you hide your obsession with mlp or are you open about it /mlp/?
>>
I have never been interested in buying show merch and I don't use any photos besides plain colors as my computer wallpapers so neither.
>>
>>30551991
I generally keep it pretty quiet, but a few of my closest friends know. They're fine with it, they are my friends after all. They don't know how deep my obsession goes, though. They know I watch it and go here, but they don't know that I'm a waifufag, that I spend 6+ hours a day on this board alone or that I hug a plush every night.

I keep my merch a secret. I have all the 4DEs and a lot of the pop vinyls. A few brushables too.
>>
>>30551991
Hide. Definitely hide.
>>
Hide at first, but then realized it was pointless to hide it as started to buy merch and other pony goods.
>>
>>30551991
I'm not really obsessed
I don't own any merchs, neither I attend conventions
I'm not hiding it, once a friend asked about my not too subtle wallpaper on my laptop and I told him that it was from mlp I got a strange glance but nothing more
I'm not advertising it either, I'm not going around my university screaming it and telling to everyone to "join the herd"
>>
File: 1460435569239.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1460435569239.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>>30551991
Open. I keep a Nightmare Moon on my desk at work, most of my avatars are pony, and so on.

Latest reaction to this is a colleague gifting me an MLP branded chocolate bar.
>>
>>30551991
I'm open about it and like to bring up the topic myself.
My friends and acquaintances often tell me if they have seen some MLP related merch/art/events and so on.

Generally, no one cares much.
>>
Neither. It's not like I just tell people but if it comes up or something I don't give a fuck, like the other day at work a friend mentioned seeing that trailer for the movie and I had to say that I was fucking pumped.
No one really gives a shit anymore unless you're shoving it down their throats
>>
Open, because I'm a grill so no one really gives a shit. Got a couple of plushies, some figurines and a funko figure, and recently got a t-shirt with Daybreaker and Nightmare Moon that I walked around with in the open, not a single strange look when I revealed my power level.
>>
>>30551991
No merch, no wallpapers, no talking about it, no nothing. Never once spoken a word about it to anyone but here. In my position in the military it would result in a massive loss of respect and/or untold amounts of spaghetti, both of which I'd like to avoid.
>>
>>30552263
This
>>
>>30551991
I'm enough of a weirdo by normies standards (but not by normal person standards) so no. I dont see the purpose. People here are much more interested by Japanese animation than Western animation.
>>
fucking hide mostly.
the only piece of merch i own is a Dr. whooves key chain and i bought i because i could pass it off as dr who merch. (which does work)
>>
When I met my fiancee, I hid most of my stuff. I slowly started adding more stuff back to my room the longer we were together. She's cool with it now.
>>
File: Trixie.png (201KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Trixie.png
201KB, 1920x1080px
When I first joined I told all my friends about it. They were pretty accepting and one of them even became a brony himself.
Nowadays I don't tell people that I'm a brony, but if someone I trust asks then I will tell them that I am.
I don't think I would ever tell family or strangers though.

Also pic related has been my wallpaper for a while now, but I don't think anyone has ever seen it.
>>
>>30551991
there is nothing wrong with expression

there is something wrong with shoving it in everyone's face
>>
Don't hide it, but don't bring it up unless somebody asks, simple as that to not be seen as a manchild in proper society while wondering why people are staring with disgust at your Glimmer shirt.
>>
>>30551991
I have pony wallpapers everywhere and a plushie and I don't hide them. If I'm asked I don't deny it. Otherwise I never bring it up.
>>
File: 1893040.gif (933KB, 452x256px) Image search: [Google]
1893040.gif
933KB, 452x256px
>>30551991
>telling anyone
>ever
>at all
you have to go back.
>>
>>30552579
This is the best advice that I readed from an anon.

Your family or friends don't really need to know whatever you watch all the time, it's the less awkward version of telling your friends your fetish, and that is awkward.
>>
>>30551991
I remember that thread. Is that guy still around here? I wonder what happened with his roommate situation.
>>
Hint: people don't care what you do as long as you're financially sufficient.
>>
>>30552629
>being a self-ashamed beta fag with no self-respect
>>
I have a Rainbow Dash decal on my car's rear window so the latter.
>>
>>30551991
>hide to almost everyone.
>only talked about it with like 7 friends, my mom and i think my dad already knows.
>>
Used to shove it down my friends' throats. They were all still nice to me about it though. One bought me a Pinkie Pie plushy this one time from Comic Con just because he saw it and it reminded him of me.

Nowadays, almost nobody knows, but I like to bring it up occassionally because I hang around artists who enjoy taking requests from me.
>>
>mfw I don't even have friends to hide it from
>>
I keep my power level hidden for the most part. My parents aren't too thrilled about me being into mlp, so I never brought it up after they talked to me. My steam profile will say otherwise, but no one cares in the internet.

As for my friends, only the ones I game with know. I've never told anybody unless it comes up.
>>
>>30551991
I think everyone both in middle and high school knew
I think I was lucky to not be bullied
I don't go aroung telling everyone either
It's just a "normal" passion to outsider at least, people get to know that when they get to know me, even if it takes longer than other passions
I may say easily I'm a fan of other things, but it takes longer to say I'm a brony
>>
>>30552272
Tits or GTFO.
>>
>>30552666
That's the plan
>>
Depends who,
Friends yes
Random people yes
Co-workers probably not
School friends probably not
Family heck no
>>
>>30554021
Why would you tell it to random people?
>>
>>30551991
It's been 7 years. If you have been in the fandom long enough you just don't care if someone knows. Then again you don't bring attention to it.
>>
>>30554084
This
>>
File: Tits.jpg (43KB, 634x406px) Image search: [Google]
Tits.jpg
43KB, 634x406px
>>30553924

>Getting this triggered by some random anonymous bitch on a pony image board.

Sorry for reawakening your feminazi phobia.
>>
>Friends
Don't have any so...
>Family
They know I like it but I don't ever talk about it because I know no one cares. I keep it to myself unless I get asked about it.
>>
>>30551991
>like 10 people who know about it
>one of them got me posters
>a couple others draw for me at total random
>>
>>30551991
You dont tell people about it. Just like you dont tell people what brand of milk you drink unless they ask.
If they do find out for some reason, just tell them. Its really not that big of a deal.
>>Yeah, so back in '13 while anon was watching MLP i went to the store, right? and
<<wait. anon you watch mlp?
>Yeah, its a pretty good show. Light and fun to watch.
And thats all.
Most normies dont know about the community. And those who do probably watch or do equaly cringy shit you can turn to conversation to.
>>
>>30552629
>actually hiding your interests from people
>pretending to be someone youre not, forever
>living in fear of someone finding out
>not embracing it fullty so people cant actually use it against you
Besides, if your powerlevel is so laughably low that you can hide it from the normies, you probably dont belong here.
>>
>all these too cool for school normos in this thread
if you don't live in crippling fear & anxiety that someone will figure out about your odd habits or hobbies you need to leave immediatly
>>
>>30554365
How about you participate in the thread and tell us about how you hide your power lever.
>>
>>30552177
Was it a Ponka bar?
>>
>>30554072
Kinda formatted it wrong that's supposed to be people I would tell if asked
>>
>>30554435
>tell us about how you hide your power lever
I have a modem of self awareness
>>
>Be last year.
>Massive thunder storm causes rain damage at my house.
>Servpro dudes show up to assess how un dry my drywall is.
>Minor damage, the windows are shit, so get hold of the contractor asking him why he used the cheapest windows ever.
>Get that shit replaced, house is now swarming with contractors workers and house restoration people.
>Something keeps nagging in the back of my mind.
>Oh shit, I forgot to put away my guns and hide my pony merch.
>Took them a week to fix everything.
>Too prideful to hide anything.
>>
>>30554825
How much merch we talking?
>>
>>30554825
Did they walk off with anything?
>>
>>30552272
>shirt with Daybreaker and Nightmare Moon
Shit I've been looking for a shirt with the two on it.
What picture is it?
>>
>>30552272
Tits or GTFO.
>>
>>30555108
17 plushes, bunch of vinyls, EqG mini figs, a whole bunch of blind bags.
>>30555135
No.
>>
>>30555146

Admittedly not sure about the original source of the pic, but here's the link to where I got the shirt at least. https://www.redbubble.com/people/tornadotwist/works/26503867-nightmare-moon-and-daybreaker?p=t-shirt&style=mens&body_color=black&print_location=front
>>
>>30555347
Found my new convention shirt. Thanks Anon.
>>
>>30552272
>not a single strange look when I revealed my power level.
Because you're a woman.
>>
File: More tits.jpg (33KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
More tits.jpg
33KB, 600x600px
>>30555371

You're welcome fellow Anon.

>>30555379

I know, wish it wasn't like that so guys wouldn't get flak for having pone merch.

>>30555263

I love you too Anon.
>>
>>30555436
>guys wouldn't get flak for having pone merch
I'm a guy. Everyone knows I like ponies. No one cares.
>>
>>30555446
This. As long as you're not a sperg about it and have a single ounce of self-confidence/self-awareness you'll be fine.
>>
File: medium-1.png (296KB, 800x452px) Image search: [Google]
medium-1.png
296KB, 800x452px
>>30551991
Family knows and either like it or don't care. Close friends know and think it's funny and cool, and still like to hang out... Assuming you're talking the few that aren't or haven't been involved in the fandom already.

I keep it subtle around acquaintances and don't sperg out near them. I'll admit to it if they ask, though.
>>
>>30551991
Hide. Occasionally when I'm alone I'll set my laptop wallpaper to an image of Twilight, but that's about it.
>>
>>30551991
I'm open about it. I wear pony shirts to work and my office is full of pony merch. I often share my screen with co-workers as part of my job and the rotation of pony wallpapers is easy to see on my desktop.
>>
>>30554104
This, it's like females are able to trigger people as hard as ponies did in the old days
>>
>>30555298
Whew, got any pics
>>
File: Whew.jpg (861KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Whew.jpg
861KB, 2000x1500px
>>30556120
A few.
>>
>>30556350
Oh dude I've seen you before, weren't you discussing display cases or something?
>>
>>30556381
Yeah.
But, no monies.
>>
>>30551991
I don't particularly hide it, but I don't really flaunt it out or bring it up much either.

If it is brought up, I can usually counter balance the interest by telling them I love 40K as well.
>>
>>30556427
>40k
>impressive
>>
>>30556439
What are you implying.
>>
>>30556439
Wait actually that depends, what country do you live in?
>>
>>30556461
States
>>
Hide from nearly everyone, been a couple people I've seen with small merch on or sly hints to the show and I've made an inside joke and that's about as far as I go. Hell I haven't watched anything after Twi defeating Tirek so hell knows where my level is, I read fics still though...
>>
>>30556509
>Hell I haven't watched anything after Twi defeating Tirek so hell knows where my level is, I read fics still though...
>>
>>30556514
Yeah yeah I know, the few people I've asked said it's pretty shit after though. Fics are mainly long ones that I check up on and something that looks interesting. Still listen to the older fan music.
>>
>>30556509
You should give it a go anon. Season 6 is amazing. except the last 10min
>>
>>30556530
Season 5 is actually really good. You can skip season 6 except for inportant episodes and read a synopsis for the ones you skip.

Season 7 is kino. No reason to not keep watching.
>>
>>30556530
S6 was ok, but there were still worthwhile episodes in there.

I just recently caught back up with all episodes after taking a long, long hiatus from the show and fandom. Some of them make you really question the canon, but others make you want to cry manly tears. You should just catch up and watch em all for the sake of it, that way you won't really be left out.
>>
>>30556540
>>30556545
Anyone still making decent music? I might got from the beginning, got a few days off work this weekend, might rewatch some old episodes, see if I get into it again. The EQG movies worth watching? Saw the 1st one.
>>
>>30556530
Take the opinions of the board with a grain of salt. It tends to be more cynical that what they should. There's still episodes well worth watching.
>>
>>30556558
Lot of people still making good music. I'm on mobile right now though. If I were at my PC I'd tell you some.

The EqGs are not worth watching. The second one is maybe worth it, but only if you liked the first.
>>
>>30556584
Second one is good for the songs and hips, and universe defying hair.
>>
File: 355825 (1).jpg (335KB, 2121x1500px) Image search: [Google]
355825 (1).jpg
335KB, 2121x1500px
>>30553382
Dont worry anon we can be friends
>>
>>30551991
>tfw very open about it back in 2014/2015 during senior year and made a bunch of clopping jokes, wore shirts and just being an all around irl shitposter
>got voted as class clown for god knows why and wore an mlp shirt for the class clown year book photo
feels good.
>>
File: 1497588113462.gif (504KB, 503x503px) Image search: [Google]
1497588113462.gif
504KB, 503x503px
>>30551991
I[m pretty silent with the things I like or do on my free time, my mom saw my goh celestia and nightmare moon figurines in my room but I dont think she ever thought much about them, I will receive a sunset and lotus plush next month but thats all I have merchwise. I try to own it even if my general anxiety tells me to hide everything from the world.
>>
>>30551991
I did the whole brony phase where I shoved it down people's faces while I was in high school. I regret that so much.

Told everyone I stopped liking it years ago, never making that mistake again.
>>
>>30551991
>obsession
its more or less a secret hobby
>>
>>30551991
I don't talk about it unless asked. I have pony emblems in BF, Arma, and in real life, I have a few wonder bolt patches and stickers on range bags and receivers.
Mainly im known for my obsession with political events and being far right, but other than that, I'm just a semi chad with an affinity for a orange mare.
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.