[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

(Non-Brony) How did ya'll end up watching mlp

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 16

File: imthere4yew.jpg (92KB, 949x534px) Image search: [Google]
imthere4yew.jpg
92KB, 949x534px
I'm genuinely curious.

Also how many of you here would consider yourselves "normal" socially speaking.
>>
>>30542479
I watched the series premiere.

THE END.
>>
File: twili handsonhips.png (363KB, 447x554px) Image search: [Google]
twili handsonhips.png
363KB, 447x554px
>>30542479

Long story short, I discovered THIS video back in June 2011, and it made me curious about what this show was about.
Two days later and after some research, I declared myself part of the fandom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zHZj8Xp-Ik

But do I consider myself normal socially?
N-n-nooo...
>>
>>30542479
It was on so I watched it.

Go be a fag somewhere else <3
>>
>>30542479
I uh....
I had to watch it because my niece was here...
>>
>>30542479
Well FagLips, I partook in the /b/ stuff a while back. I had a lot of fun posting images of characters I knew nothing about to piss people off. Later, more content kept coming and I had to uncover the origin behind it. I watched the first episode on and I've been here ever since.
>>
>>30542479
Watched the OG one was a kid, and had a friend that was into Faust pre-MLP. Heard there was a new Faust MLP, thought I'd check it out to tell him what I thought of it. Was in a cutesy moe anime phase at the time. Replaced my moe anime with cute horses.
>>
>>30542479
Normal people don't become bronies.
Bronyism is an infantilistic escape from real life due to inadequacies as an adult.
>>
>>30542479
I decided to watch it because I'm a big Powerpuff Girls fan and I liked Foster's Home as well; both are shows FIM's creator previously worked on.

I'm definitely not socially normal, I have anxiety around people so I never leave my apartment aside from work or grocery shopping. And also I want to fuck ponies, but that really goes without saying around here.
>>
I meet two bronies on a skype group and after awhile of talking to them I was on Youtube and started seeing those cringe compilations. One of which was brony cringe and after a few weeks of watching those I looked up bronies on Netflix; luckily there was a documentary called 'A Brony Tale' I watched that and the fandom looked pretty interesting. I then watched the first episode on Netflix as well annnnd here I am. I just joined 2016 or early season 6 of the show so I was kind of behind on this whole thing. Now I hope on going to Bronycon next year.
>>
Just a faggot who bandwagon-ed and wish they left when everyone else was done with it.
>>
File: 1468905334799.png (237KB, 1034x676px) Image search: [Google]
1468905334799.png
237KB, 1034x676px
>>30542479
>Also how many of you here would consider yourselves "normal" socially speaking.

hello welcome to the internet
also

DID YOU FUCKING LOOK AT WHAT BOARD YOU WERE ON? OR ARE YOU BLIND?
>>
File: 1484196201018.gif (782KB, 635x343px) Image search: [Google]
1484196201018.gif
782KB, 635x343px
>>30542479
I remember when we had a sticky stating that 'what's the appeal' threads were bannable
>>
File: stopthinkdo.jpg (16KB, 300x207px) Image search: [Google]
stopthinkdo.jpg
16KB, 300x207px
>>30542637
Hey don't be disrespectful to the blind asshat. Also, for my second point, I want to know how many ARE relatively normal out of ya'll on here.
>>
>>30542713
That was funny because there was no reason for you to get flustered about it - unless you became bronies for dubious and shameful reasons.

You used to (still do) shove it in people's faces, but got angry when people judged you for it. I bet your parents hate you.
>>
File: [autistic screeching].jpg (27KB, 312x312px) Image search: [Google]
[autistic screeching].jpg
27KB, 312x312px
>>30542748
>>
>>30542771
Barneyfag is you
>>
File: 1495849858412.png (412KB, 2320x1555px) Image search: [Google]
1495849858412.png
412KB, 2320x1555px
>>30542479
>How did ya'll end up watching mlp
Heard about the following that it had amassed in 2012 and I wondered what the appeal was. I watched the first episode, then the second, then the third and so on. It wasn't long before I was participating in the community.

>Also how many of you here would consider yourselves "normal" socially speaking.
I maintain a normie persona when I'm not on the internet. To anyone else I appear normal. I go to university, I have a group of friends with whom I go out to do social stuff, etc. I get most of the normie culture, being not long out of high school. What they don't know is that I'm a plush hugging, pony pussy loving waifufag degenerate extraordinaire.

Also I've never had, nor will I have, a girlfriend. I'm too dedicated to my waifu. Normies don't know that, though. Whenever they ask why I don't have a girlfriend I just tell them that I "don't feel like one"
>>
>>30542479
Identifying as a "Brony" is autism incarnate.

Was aware of the show since 2013 but didn't have any interest until last year when someone posted a picture of Ember. Semi-forced myself through the first 3 episodes, then it became enjoyable.
I don't screech about other's taste in ponies/content, so I'd say I'm low on the autism spectrum. MLP is a small dot in my life, albeit a nice one.
>>
>>30542862
You realize renaming yourselves "horsefucker" doesn't make you less autistic, right?

"Horsefuckers" are just bronies doubling down on the shamelessness and cringe
>>
File: 1408007327865.jpg (124KB, 1061x1151px) Image search: [Google]
1408007327865.jpg
124KB, 1061x1151px
I was in the hospital after my third attempt at becoming an hero and it was on the tv in my room.
>>
>>30543007
That's terrible man hope you've managed to sort out that stuff since then.
>>
>>30542479
I'm socially awkward at times, but It's nothing crippling.
>>
File: mjfox.jpg (5KB, 277x182px) Image search: [Google]
mjfox.jpg
5KB, 277x182px
>>30542479

All I want to do is impregnate Rarity with my seed and have her give birth to a half-human, half-horse baby. If that isn't considered as "normal", well, then I guess I am not normal.
>>
>>30542479
Eat shit and die
>>
>>30542919
I don't consider myself a horsefucker either, stop jumping to retarded conclusions. I watch the show and shitpost on this board, nothing more.
>>
>>30543213
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectual_disability
>>
When I realized all those pony pictures on /b/ were from an actual cartoon, and not just some artist who liked to draw cute ponies, I gave it a chance. I have been on the train since.
>>
I feel like I can't be alone on this one. After watching so much brony cringe I was curious on why older men enjoyed the show so I checked it out and it was honestly just a comfy show I could put on when I was bored.
>>
eqg ytp
>>
I play a lot of overwatch. Later i got interested in the voice acting behind it. I played the latino american version of overwatch. I found out that tracer VA is the same for rainbow dash. D.va for pinkie pie, and symmetra for twilight. So i start watching the show so i can hear more of their work.
>>
>>30542479
Saw the hype sometime between season 1 and 2 and got curious. Watched all of season 1 over the course of a week several years later here I am.

Do I consider myself normal socially? absolutely not, I have the social skills of downsy chimp.
>>
>>30542479
Bored one day and decided to check it out after seeing it mentioned online, way back when it was still novel.
>>
It was on tv and I liked it, I was skeptical at first because it's a girl branded show so didn't give it a chance. Once I gave it a chance I realized it appealed to me, wasn't a hipster show like Adventure Time, wasn't a pothead show like Regular Show, so I liked it. It was a show that was comfortable in being what it was, I am also a big Disney fan so I love song numbers, and this was the first modern cartoon I saw that had any at all that were good.
>>
>>30542479
>How did ya'll end up watching mlp
It was all over the place, so Youtube started showing me short MLP clips and YTPMVS, after a bunch of them I got mildly curious and after watching the "You gonna go far kid" PMV based on the Sonic Rainboom episode halfway-through I stopped and downloaded the whole Season 1. Been on the ride ever since.

I consider myself to be as antisocial as "normal" goes. I need proper social interactions once or twice a week - a lot of it starts to tire me out.
I have good friends and nice acquaintances, very few of them watch ponies but I never had any problems because of me liking MLP. I went through the "it's the one and only truth and no one but me gets it" phase when I've started watching anime back then in 14 or so.
>>
>>30542479

My friends from college are huge fans of the show. They asked me if I know about it, they gasped when i answered "no."

One night, i decided to check it out for myself, seeing what makes it good. First and second episode, not bad. It's really cute, I like that. Then, as you all say, i got in the ride for myself.

In regards for the cons involving mlp, it was my first and last. Pretty much I never got to interact or talk with others (I tried, anons). My friends go around their business. Felt a little left out so I decided to go home without saying a word

I like mlp, the show and movie but i'm not a super fan who collects merchs and go to cons, or even wear clothes for it. No reason to even show my powerlevel, if i do have one by just watching the show. Well, i did some fan art of it. Pic related.

I only lurk this place but this thread, I wanna open up just a bit.
>>
>>30543270
>>30543104
Stop namefagging and go back to ponychan for god's sake
>>
File: 203[1].jpg (82KB, 625x350px) Image search: [Google]
203[1].jpg
82KB, 625x350px
>>30542479
>>
>>30542526
It's called regression, fidget
>>
>>30542479

There are plenty of socially normal bronies

but not on this board
>>
File: 40ef177f0b909b294121da510560b8cd.jpg (71KB, 2048x1024px) Image search: [Google]
40ef177f0b909b294121da510560b8cd.jpg
71KB, 2048x1024px
>it's a "bronies are so stoopid ecks dee" episode
>>
File: 1493865111469.gif (233KB, 595x603px) Image search: [Google]
1493865111469.gif
233KB, 595x603px
>>30542479
I heard some good things about it from a few friends. Decided to check it out one day, and here I remain.

>Are you a normie
Nice joke
>>
File: Brawny Buck.png (56KB, 430x634px) Image search: [Google]
Brawny Buck.png
56KB, 430x634px
>>30542479
I was on youtube one day and stubled across a video by an MLP youtuber called Brawny Buck. I liked the video and decided to check out the show due to curiosity.

I'm probably not normal, and I have neither the energy or the inclination to make the effort of appearing so to others. Setting aside the question of whether "normal" actually exists or not.
>>
You know what? Fine. I'll play.
I had just come back from a deployment to the Middle East. My room-mate at the time, a civilian, was a Friend who draws his own comics on the side, and he recommended the show to me. I was initially skeptical, believing it would be little more than a prolonged toy commercial, but the first scene he showed me was this...

https://youtu.be/xczDd2_X0DI

I was intrigued.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.