[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No magic? Murder everyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 10

>The villain's motivation is LITERALLY "I can't stand going through life as a magicless filthy mud pony"

TOP KEK EARTHPONIES.
>>
>>30535988
I thought she could use magic.
>>
>>30535997
>Tempest Shadow
>Tempest is a unicorn from Equestria who has lost her way (and her magic) and joined the wrong side of the fight, acting as a henchman for the Storm King. Jaded, angry and feeling betrayed by her friends in Equestria, Tempest has become the Storm King's second-in-command and chief bounty hunter, tasked with tracking down and capturing the Mane 6. She has agreed to this mission in exchange for the return of her magic.

She has a magic stone that she uses instead of having "actual" magic.
>>
>>30536012
Did you get this from Deviantart?
>>
>>30535988
>Implying Earth Ponies don't have magic.

Are we really going to have this debate again?
>>
>>30536017
which thing, the magic stone or the green?

The greentext about her is from Movie info released so far >>30518240

As for her using a magic stone, in the trailer she's using this thing from the IDW prequel comics pretty clearly when she blows up where the mane six are standing.
>>
>>30535988
As if you gotta be crippled to get bullied and picked on.
>>
>>30536035
>Spoilers galore.
REEEEE- fuck it.
>>
>>30536032
Are you really going to say that they DO?
>>
>>30536076
No, it'd be pointless to argue with a fag of the fandumb who never watched the show and just repeats stale memes.
>>
>>30536035
>Princess of family.
Pfff, that makes Cadence sound like a slut.
>>
File: Cancer.png (51KB, 188x208px) Image search: [Google]
Cancer.png
51KB, 188x208px
>>30536012
>I got made fun of.
>I better join the bad guys and be an edgy bounty hunter.
>>
>>30536084
>never watched the show
Uh, we have. Mud ponies never do magic, period. they have jack. They were clearly intended as muggles from the start, hence why season one took time to explain pegasi magic and explain unicorn magic and how they work to the audience, but never touch earth ponies in S1.
>>
>>30536112
I have a theory that Ponies feel physical pain from rejection and being ostracised, and being a friendless loser would be a torturous existence.

It would explain away a LOT over the years.
>>
Earth ponies have magic.
The magic of finding rocks.
And being poor.
>>
>>30536180
So they are like those emo smurfs?
>>
>>30536087
as if "Princess of Love" didn't
>>
>>30536168
>Tirek steals Earth Pony magic
>We've seen Earth Ponies magically grow things on multiple occasions
>Alicorns are stated as having the magic of 'all three races'

Just because they're not travelling through time or controlling the weather doesn't mean it's not there.

Fuck, we are having this debate again.
>>
>>30536194
I just figured she got the title of crystal princess or some bullshit.
>>
>>30536168
They have strength, Celestia explained it when Tirec was busy with expository when Tirek was wrecking shit.
>>
>>30536204
They don't use fucking magic to do that, just tricks and magical fertilizer.

Tirek also takes magic is very ambiguous.
>>
>>30536261
>tricks and magical fertilizer.
Okay, Hercule.
>>
>>30536204
that was a song sequence, random shit happens in song sequences without actually "really" happening. Its for visual effect.
>>
>>30536112
At least she didn't bring a crossbow to school.
>>
File: 1497072140220.gif (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1497072140220.gif
3MB, 1280x720px
>>30536261
>Pours dirt on the ground
>It's magic fertilizer
Prove it's magic fertilizer. Burden is on you.

Here's a picture of an Earth Pony growing things before they even met unicorns, to make it more difficult
Hell, let's talk about Braeburn growing apple trees in the fucking desert as well.
Or lets talk about the McColts, who grow things fast despite not making contact with the outside world for years.

>Tirek taking the Earth Ponies magic is ambiguous

Fucking how? The guy who literally eats magic picked up a group of Earth Ponies and ate the magic off them, how is it ambiguous?

Oh, and don't think I'm letting my third point slide either. Alicorn's are stated as having all three racial magics.
>>
File: 1497085718133.png (409KB, 1272x355px) Image search: [Google]
1497085718133.png
409KB, 1272x355px
>>30536279
Oh, I'm sorry, here's an example outside of a song.
>>
>>30536294
Some of you ponies are okay...
>>
>>30536298
ambiguous because "magic" could mean life force or etc. in the mlp kinda jargon.

But, Earth Ponies have no magic whatsoever.

It can be argued, that they use nature's magic to power their food growing (Natural magical phenomenon, Zap Apples, etc.), but it doesn't mean they are actually magically inclined.
>>
>>30536298
earth ponies are like Wiccan's, they use magic from nature, but don't have natural affinity for magic themselves.
>>
>>30536318
What the fuck is Earth pony "life force" supposed to be if it's not magic?
>>
>>30536318
Except that's clearly not what magic means in this context, because the more obviously magical races, like unicorns or Discord, lose the ability to use magic after Tirek takes it; while not losing the ability when injured or weakened.

>They don't use magic, they just use nature's magic, at their command.
What's the fucking difference? You could argue this for any race, it's a meaningless statement. Pegasi don't have magic, they just use natural weather magic and machines to control the weather. Unicorns don't have magic, they just use natural ambient magic to cast spells. Earth pony magic is as inherent in them as it is in any other race. Also, see the point at the bottom.

Why do you keep insisting that Earth Ponies have no magic when it's clear that they do, it's just not as obvious as a unicorns?

>>30536350
If this was true, Tirek would be unable to steal their magic, and alicorns wouldn't possess Earth Pony magic.
>>
>>30536357
Magic used in Tirek's case is more like, ponies essence than the magical phenomenon that unicorns and pegasi have. Saying magic is more of a simpler and less complex usage since it's a little girls show.
>>
earth ponies are the yamchas of the pony universe, eating them is the only reason tirek was able to be defeated.
>>
>Tempest Shadow scene
>"Pumped Up Kicks" starts playing
>>
>>30536366
>Why do you keep insisting that Earth Ponies have no magic
It's called bait, Anon.
>>
>>30536112
>bad guys
relative, if someone defects from islam, the rest of the world are "bad guys".

Perception is a motherfucker.
>>
>>30536392
its called truth.
>>
>>30536366
Alicorns have the "magic" of earth ponies for things as simple as having a body of a Earth Pony.

That's what it represents, and it affects other races too. Think of Earth Ponies as the base form of a pony. Since, you take out a wing or a horn, and you have a Earth Pony.
>>
>>30536396
lol lmao etc
>>
>>30536294
She wouldn't be able to operate a crossbow without telekinesis.
>>
>>30536392
>>30536392
buzzwords will always belong to people who have no intelligence. Because they can't form an argument on their own.
>>
>>30536392
Fuck, maybe I am the fool.

>>30536370
You have no reason to believe that other than your own refusal to accept that Earth Ponies have magic. Never before has magic been used in that context, and trying to argue semantics and definition to get past what is blatantly a magic eating villain is dishonest. The show doesn't shy away from things like this, if Tirek at essence it would have stated so.

>>30536398
>Alicorns have the body of Earth Ponies, since they're the base form of ponies without wings or horns.
>But Alicorns still have wings and horns.

You're not making much sense here.
Unless you're arguing that alicorns have the body parts of all three races, which still makes no sense, since you yourself said that Earth Ponies are the 'base' without a wing or a horn.
Sorry, I really am trying to understand this point, but I just don't get it.
>>
>>30536402
>earth ponies can't even go on mass shootings out of anger at their predicament due to their inferiority
TOP. KEK.
>>
>>30536419
Alicorns have all three body parts.

Earth Ponies have no horn or wings, wings and horns are what make a pony magically inclined. Without them, they are basically the equivalent of a muggle..
>>
>>30536204
but anon

friendship is magic.
They have friendship.
>>
>>30536419
technically, pegasi are earth ponies with wings.

Unicorns are earth ponies with horns.

Alicorns are earth ponies with both.
>>
>>30536434
>wings and horns are what make a pony magically inclined

I've posted examples in this thread that show Earth Ponies using magic, so this provably false.

>>30536456
Ah, I understand now. See, this is an interesting argument, but I think you're problem is in assuming that Earth Ponies are the 'base' and every race is just an 'Earth Pony except with an extra limb.'
Pegasus' are pegasus, and have pegasus magic.
Unicorns are unicorns, and have unicorn magic
Earth Ponies are Earth Ponies, and have Earth Pony magic.
Alicorns have all three magic.
And even if you're correct and they are all 'based' off of Earth Ponies, you're still saying that Earth Ponies have magic, since unicorns have magic and Earth Ponies are the base of unicorns; unless magic is purely based inside a pony's horn, which I don't believe it is.

They're three separate races, with three separate skills. Of course, I've never had to argue something like this before, so give me some slack. You can clearly see the difference between them by comparing Rainbow's skeleton to Applebloom's, when they're both electrocuted.
>>
>>30536434
Earth ponies have cutie marks though. Cutie marks are inherently magical, and are what ultimately separates Equestrian ponies from non magical equine species like the Saddle Arabian horses and zebras. When Starlight took away the cutie marks of earth ponies, she was taking magic from them, even if only pertaining to their special talents rather than some generic earth pony trait
>>
>>30535988

So Starlight if her horn got broken?
>>
>>30536521
Nah, Starlight is a lot tamer now. If her horn broke, she's probably continue on exactly as she does now, only she wouldn't get any episodes, because she can't randomly cast spells at people to set up the plot.

>>30536520
Doesn't Zecora have a cutie mark? Or is it literally painted on?
>>
>>30536543
Maybe she was born with it, and that's how Zebra's get cutie marks. So their talent and role in the tribe is already chosen for them.
>>
>>30536505
Unicorn horns allow Unicorns to manipulate matter, alla magic. Pegasi wings allow them to fly and walk on clouds because of their bird affinity. Earth Ponies can... grow food better? Is that it? It's probably rudimentary use of their surroundings than actual magical ability.

And their anatomy is different obviously, because they are a offshoot of Earth Ponies. Since they can mate with each other, the similarities make it true. See, if they were separate species with their own magic, then why do they have so much in common with Earth Ponies both pegasi and unicorns?

I believe unicorn horns just manipulate matter more efficiently than normal Earth Ponies and allow pegasi to fly.

It's basically evolution.

>>30536520
The cutie mark phenomenon is not explained and can't be used here because of lack of explanation from the show of it's origins.
>>
>>30536561
Very good points.

Earth Ponies can grow plants better. They also may or may not be stronger, I personally don't believe that. I'm not arguing that Earth Pony magic is this big, grand thing that lets them travel back in time. Just that Earth Ponies do have magic, and it does manifest itself. It's more than use of their surroundings, as no surrounding is going to let you grow a seed in the palm of your hand, as seen here >>30536298
And if it IS just surroundings, then it makes no sense for Tirek to steal their magic, nor for it to be mentioned that Alicorn's have the magic of all three races.

>The cutie mark phenomenon is not explained and can't be used here because of lack of explanation from the show of it's origins.
I disagree, there's an argument here, I just can't see it. Just because we don't know the origin of Cutie Marks doesn't mean they can't be used. It seems presumptuous to assume that Cutie Marks are the work of an outside force acting on every single pony in the world instead of just using Occums Razor to say that they're caused by a pony's internal magic reacting with their special talent.

I'll concede the rest to the rest of your post.
>>
>>30536543

I meant like before when she was a filly, because it seems similar.
>>
>>30536621
I would say, since Earth Ponies are older and more numerous than Pegasi and Unicorns, they would be better suited for growing food.

They probably never had an inclination or "power" to grow things, it probably just something they were tasked with since it was better for them to do it.

And, Cutie Marks don't have enough information to what they really are, all we are told is that they show a true ponies special talent, the intricacies or how they manifested are not explained in-depth. I have a theory that it was a artificial spell created for ponies to easily find who they are by something. This can be enhanced by the fact that some ponies in the show don't have cutie marks.
>>
>>30536647
And I've explained how that makes no sense considering the evidence, for nearly the entire thread.

We don't even know if Earth Ponies are more numerous, for all we know it might be an even three-way split.

I know they don't go into depth about how they manifest, which is why the simplest answer is 'it's magic which all ponies have.' The fact that some ponies don't have cutie marks just shows that there are ponies that go through life and never find their talent.
>>
>>30536680
your evidence has only been that Tirek argument which has already been debunked by the fact that magic is just a term, not a measurement, and the growth from the palm of her hoof suggesting she's using her own magic to grow the plant. Which I have already explained was by use of outside resources.

And we've seen more numerous Earth Pony cities in the show and more Earth Ponies ratio in full shots filled with ponies. The only major cities I've seen is, Cloudsdale for pegasi and Canterlot for unicorns.
>>
>>30536680
The simplest answer is not always the best one. Especially when it's not definitive.
>>
>>30536402
>>30536432
It's like you guys don't watch the show. Triggers can be adapted for hooves.
>>
>>30536753
Well said, Mufasa.
>>
>>30536768
AMMEEE MUWEP AMMEEE MUWEP

WHEN THE SUN SHINES ON THE PLANET AND THE MOON CRIES OUT HARD.

THERES MORE TO SEE..
>>
>>30536704
>Tirek Arguement
>Debunked

Are we following the same thread? At no point is magic just used as a term, and I've gone into great detail arguing against that here >>30536366 and here >>30536419
You can't just change the term of 'magic' and claim that it proves your point. Magic is magic. It's not 'life force', it's not 'essence' and you have no way to prove it is any but other than 'oh, Earth ponies don't have magic, so clearly 'magic' means 'not-magic.' Tirek is a villain that eats magic. Every character in the show says this. It is all he does in his appearances. It's his character. You can't just sit down and say 'oh, they meant to say life force' without any sort of evidence. Which you don't have, because you've done nothing but twist the word 'magic' to suit your argument. Magic is not a general term, it is a specific, tangible thing in universe.

And you haven't explained that outside resources are responsible for growing plants well either. You've suggested it. Now you need to provide evidence. What about Applejack growing flowers on a fucking crystal floor? What about Braeburn growing apple trees in the middle of nowhere? It makes no sense, because there's no set of circumstances that let you grow a plant 1000x faster than normal without magic.
If you handwave away literally every example of Earth Ponies using magic as 'they're just using outside resources,' how the fuck do I argue against that? I can't, the burdan of proof is on you.

And you still haven't even addressed Celestia, the honest, benevolent Goddess of Equestria, literally saying that Earth Ponies have magic.

This argument is ridiculous to me, how can someone not think that Earth Ponies have magic?

>>30536753
But when there is no definitive answer, we have the assume the answer that makes the least assumptions, which is that Cutie Mark's are connected to an individual pony's magic.

Fuck, I told myself I wouldn't get involved in this argument again.
>>
File: erfponers.png (2MB, 1151x2151px) Image search: [Google]
erfponers.png
2MB, 1151x2151px
>>
>>30536797
how can you argue that Earth Ponies are using magic? Do you have any tangible proof that they are using magic in the first place? Do they specifically explain what they really mean in each fact of the word they use when they mean magic?

The question is, what the fuck is magic then huh? Can you explain that too me? Because they just throw magic as a explanation for everything, and give no real depth to it.

So maybe this whole argument is a farce, and where overthinking a children's cartoon that will never explain it's shit?
>>
>>30536809
>how can you argue that Earth Ponies are using magic? Do you have any tangible proof that they are using magic in the first place?

If we assume that Earth Ponies have magic, from the evidence of Tirek targeting them for magic, and Celestia claiming they do, then we can infer that any supernatural ability they have is them exercising that magic, in the same way that Pegasi controlling the weather is magic. In this case, growing things in an instant. Or Pinkie's Pinkie Sense. Or enhanced strength, if you're a faggot who believes that. It's not blatant like Twilight making people older, but it does undeniably exist.

> Do they specifically explain what they really mean in each fact of the word they use when they mean magic?
They do, actually.
Friendship is magic.

>what the fuck is magic then huh?
Something that lets you use supernatural abilites, usually. Someone with strong magic can do more supernatural things than someone with weak magic. It's not hard to understand.

>So maybe this whole argument is a farce, and where overthinking a children's cartoon that will never explain it's shit?
The argument is, do Earth Ponies have magic? It's obvious that they do. I don't know why we're even arguing.
>>
>>30536809
You can say that Pegasi are magicless then since all they do is fly with wings and walk on clouds which would be more akin to cohesive forces that water striders use.
Hell, if you got rid of all instances where they say spell or magic you can say that unicorns use their horns by manipulation of electrical and gravitational properties.
>>
>>30536840
it's pretty easy to understand. Magic is an Aspull for something that can't be explained. And by proxy, something that can't be explained logically has no reason to be debated on since it is intangible.
>>
>>30536840
Since magic is used as an argument for everything, there is no room for debate or interpretations because it's just magic and nothing else. So, in that vein, it's worthless to even argue about it, when you can't even debate the complexities without having to deal with straight bullshit "it's magic I ain't gotta explain shit."
>>
>>30536849
>>30536864

How am I even supposed to argue against 'magic has no rules so we can't argue about it?'

Magic HAS rules. Magic is a physical, tangible thing Equestria. It can be traded with other ponies, it can be stolen from other ponies. I'm not here to argue how magic works, or the limits of magic, or anything like that. Take that shit to the Twilight general, ask them. I am here to argue that Earth Ponies have magic, the thing that we have seen with our own two eyes on multiple occasions, and that has been confirmed by multiple ponies.

If you don't believe that Earth Ponies have magic, feel free to try to argue against any of the points I've raised.

Fuck it, I don't think I'm convincing anyone here otherwise. I'm going to go write some green.
>>
>>30536032
>>30536084
God the things I'd do to you filthy satan lawyers, you'd be begging me to kill you.
>>
>>30536891
Hey, I prefer the term Beelzebub's attorney.
>>
>>30536419
an earth pony gets extra strenghth
>>
>>30536906
If that's what you want to believe, friend, then they do.
>>
>>30536885
I believe you anon. As for the strength thing, I see it more as earth ponies having more endurance and fortitude. I also headcanon that their connection with the earth extends to things such as metals and ceramics along with their endurance makes them better candidates for machinists and other industrial jobs.
>>
>>30536112
The day of retribution is drawing nearer for Equestria.
>>
>>30535988
That horn stub looks extremely painful.
>>
>>30537362
Is this why Pinkie's family could literally grow rocks?
>>
>>30537394
She's a big mare
>>
>>30537405
For you.
>>
>>30535988
DAY IF THE ROPE SOON, MAGICFAGS
>>
Earth pony magic means their cutiemarks. Pegai control weather through their magic to touch, manipulate clouds. Unicorns obviously can channel magic.

When the show ever states "Earth pony magic", they mean the magic that is essential to all ponies, cutiemark magic.

If any of you niggers actually watched the show and not just say shit like "Love & Tolerance" as you always do, you'd notice Earth ponies have no magic to brag about. They don't shit golden bricks. They don't speak daisy. The nature itself is magical. The fucking origin story of Sweet Apple Acres is about Grannysmith finding magic seeds in the magical forest. Why didn't they just shit golden bricks? Why didn't they just grow everything they needed, in wherever they are, since whatever they touches turns gold and bears fruit? Is Apple Bloom a cripple that can't perform basic Earth pony magic?

The one and only "proof" you have of such thing, is a play where Applejack has to convey to the audience that the land is fertile. And everything else in the show goes against it. From Apple Bloom to Zecora practising alchemy. Grannysmith's family looking for farmland. Buffalo's and Appleloosa fighting for fertile land. McColts knowning NOTHING about farming.
>>
>>30536885
You have ignored any points I have made.
>>
there needs to be an earth pony who's basically Gloriosa with plant control shit and go Poison ivy on everyone.

Give us an earth pony villain like sombra for unicorns.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.