[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So let me get something straight...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

File: Scar-1-(The_Lion_King).jpg (478KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Scar-1-(The_Lion_King).jpg
478KB, 1920x1080px
You hate Tempest for looking like an "edgy OC", but you're perfectly fine with this guy's design?
>>
who said that >we were?
>>
>>30535331
>"I HATE BLACK AND REEEED!"
>"The Red Lantern Corps is cool!"
Fedoralords put maturity on a pedestal so they can be contrarian for the sake of their own misguided ego.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-16-21-48-44-1.png (173KB, 1920x434px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-16-21-48-44-1.png
173KB, 1920x434px
>>30535331
Is this you?
>>
>>30535420
Yep.

If I make an observation, I tend to point it out on multiple different sites just to see what people think.
>>
File: large.jpg (66KB, 573x1024px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
66KB, 573x1024px
>>30535331
Most people seem to love tempest at this point, she's one of the more warmly recieved things of the movie after the trailer.
>>
>>30535427
Fair enough.
Out of curiosity how would you define "edgy"?
>>
File: 40f.gif (2MB, 624x335px) Image search: [Google]
40f.gif
2MB, 624x335px
>>30535389
>Fedoralords
Those are synonymous with edgelords
>>
Most of this probably cones from the fact that we know nothing of her motives or her character. She's being portrayed as the generic badass antagonist who exists for the sake of being a generic and badass antagonist.
Contrary to this, Scar had more depth and established character, making him much more believable. It also doesn't help that this pony has strength rivaling an Earth pony, despite being a unicorn. She loses believability in the universe because of that. Exotic abilities and all that.
I think she'll probably lose her edge factor when the movie comes out, if she gets actual character development
>>
>>30535474
Imagine if TLK were made nowadays, and we got a reveal for each TLK character before the film was released.

I just know you'd going "OW THE EDGE" upon seeing Scar's design.
>>
Yes, yes I am fine with Scar.

Scar's hairstyle is quite normal for the Lion King and it's not like he has a broken horn.

Then again, I don't hate Tempest for looking like an edgy OC, but you have to admit she does have more of an edge then Scar does just based on appearance. We'll have to wait for the movie though to see where she actually stands as real edge can only be shown with a full product.
>>
>>30535474
her backstory seems obvious to me.

She lost her horn in an accident, and her ability to do magic. The ponies in the area where she lived ostracized her for being essentially a cripple, and she left equestria in anger over being an outcast, and started working for storm king.

She's probably going to have a hateful streak against unicorns due to jealousy and resentment, and she's working for storm king because he promised he'll be able to restore her horn back to normal if he gets the princesses magic.

So she's kind of like the equalist villains in Avatar, or the standard cliche in fantasy of a character who loses their ability to perform magic and seeks revenge on others just for having it-- Look at Baldur's gate for example how teh villain is an elf who had his soul stripped from him and his entire motivation and villainy is both regaining it and getting revenge against those elves who still have their souls.
>>
Scar has a song. Unless I hear some evil tunes from Donut Steel she can fuck right off.
>>
>>30535481
Possibly, but not necessarily. TLK didn't have an established universe and lore prior to the movie, and unlike Tempest, Scar wasn't portrayed as this generic badass antagonist. He was pretty much a coward through and through. It was his biggest flaw as a character, aside from being power hungry. Tempest receives the "edgy" title because so far, she fits the bill. She sticks out like a sore thumb in every way possible, from her actions to her appearance. She does not fit into pony culture or their standard capabilities. Scar, on the other hand, was able to assimilate into their culture enough to be trusted alone with their king and child. He was capable of acting normal.

Next lets take a look at their injuries. Scar has an unexplained Scar going across his eyelid. This is aesthetic, and possibly the reason he has his name (further supporting the theory that Scar was adopted by the pride). It's unusual, but not a big deal.
Compare this to Tempest. She has a Scar, much like his, in fact, but her horn is also broken. That's a big deal, because she's a unicorn, part of the pony species known for their magic, which is channelled through said horns. This sets her apart from literally every other unicorn in equestria, on a functional level, and likely she only has this deformity to justify her combat prowess. It makes her more alien to other ponies than Scar is to other lions, because Scar is more or less just another lion.

It would depend a lot on how Scar was portrayed in the trailer, though, too. We know his full character, so it's hard to really tell how I would perceive him if I were just being introduced to him via trailer, because I don't know how he would be portrayed.

TL;DR

I believe Tempest tests the suspension of disbelief more than Scar does for multiple reasons, and that Scar fits into his universe better than Tempest does, but I can't really tell how I would act to seeing him in a trailer because I already know his character.
>>
>>30535560
She's voiced by Emily Blunt, I think its pretty obvious that she is going to get a song.
>>
>>30535579
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sj1MT05lAA - This is pretty much the TLK trailer.

I'd honestly consider him more generic in that thing, generic evil king. Not really edge at all.
>>
>>30535560
She WILL get a song. (Confirmed)
>>
>>30535591
I would probably come to that conclusion as well. He aspires to take the throne by force, and may or may not have connection to the hyenas, exiling young Simba from Pride Rock. I would actually say that the trailer makes him look at at more merciful than he really was in the movie. Definitely still a coward. Not really edgy though.
>>
>>30535455
Plus her voice is sex.
>>
File: 1498377280243.jpg (13KB, 224x219px) Image search: [Google]
1498377280243.jpg
13KB, 224x219px
>>30535331
Because a well written Villain > Shitty fanfic tier OC Villain
>>
>>30535639
If that fat little fucker is in it I will reee.
>>
File: eac.jpg (237KB, 1750x1250px) Image search: [Google]
eac.jpg
237KB, 1750x1250px
>>30535331
It's a threshold. Like, eye scar is plus one edge point, not enough by itself, but broken horn is like plus hundred.
>>
>>30536282
>Going on /mlp/ is only 5 points
Shit test.
>>
>>30536308
/mlp/ has nothing to do with my little pony so of course it only gives 5 points
>>
File: 1435994906202.jpg (253KB, 1102x967px) Image search: [Google]
1435994906202.jpg
253KB, 1102x967px
>>30536339
Gee, way to go, I wasn't ready for that.
>>
>>30535828
How do you know Tempest is a shitty fanfic tier villain? The movie's not even out yet.
>>
>>30535331
A lot of people have different thresholds for edginess which is where you'll see a lot of disagreements come from. And some people have different tastes and standards of what is and isn't edgy and, usually, will say what they don't like is edgy and what they do like is not edgy because reasons.

TL;DR Tempest is a cutie, this is an objective fight and I will fight anyone who says different
>>
>>30535331
If Tempest starts killing alicorns like Scar I'd be pretty satisfied for the movie taking risks.
>>
File: IMG_6897.png (102KB, 640x268px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6897.png
102KB, 640x268px
>>30535560
BE PREPARED
>>
>>30536467
>inb4 she does a whole song and dance routine, knocking Grubber about like the incompetent comedic relief henchman that he is.
>>
>>30535389
>red lantern corps
Back the fuck up
>comic books
>green lantern
>red lantern even
ur gay fuckoff
>>
https://pastebin.com/tSyrnZBu
>>
i dont watch any tv or movies other than mlp
>>
>>30535331
I like Tempest.
It all matters how her character is written.
>>
>>30535331
Because many of us didn't understand why edgy characters were stupid when that movie came out. A majority of us were either very young or going through an edgy phase ourselves and now we still don't see him that way because he holds a special place in our childhood memories.
>>
>>30536282
380. I expected worse.
>>
>>30536282
holy shit I got 550
>>
>>30536674
https://youtu.be/Ce1hg63Cf5U
>>
>>30535331
Adding to what others have said, we know Scar is the big bad. Big bads are allowed to stand out. Underlings should be a bit more streamlined. Imagine if one of the hyenas had scars and a missing lower leg, but could still throw a buffalo around and acted all "badass". Now that one would be labeled as "ow the edge".
>>
>>30537015
because the 2000s happened
Lion and the King was before that decade and the emo/edgy scene that was popularized with black stuff and commercially depressive really hit(funny thing was that most of the bands from the scene were pop punk/hardcore with a slice of. teenage emotions)

also add that Shadow the Hedgehog was also introduced and was pretty popular instantly;kids back then wanted everything dark and sinister to seem cool and have an obscure deep personality. Now,the reaction to the whole thing is repulsive(for a reason) and everything that comes close to it,it's considered something inmature or for cool emo teenagers.

many of us here are from the 90's,so it's obvious that nostalgia takes part on these conclusions when it comes to something before the 2000s...

I don't know if that explains everything but it's most likely because the edgy fad was very intense and annoying to some people
>>
>90s
See, problem solve.
>>
>>30536282
>751
fuck you "autism spectrum", if it weren't this generalized shit I would've been an 85
>>
>>30536282
55. I feel like it should be higher, I've been on the ride since 2011.
>>
>>30538683
I do hate how they keep trying to expand the definition
>>
>>30535389
>anyone who voices discontent is a "fedoralord"

wew
lad
>>
>>30535331
fuck you, Scar is a Lion King classic. tempest whats her face is a fucking edgelord.
>>
>>30536407
we are pessimistic by default.
>>
>>30535591
They basically told you the entire plot.
Also the basic structure of the lion king seems familiar now that I think about it but I can't place it.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.