[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that these people are not voice actors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 14

Sia isn't even an actor.
This is the 3rd time they've cast someone who can't act at all, and lets not forget all the other times they've cast people who aren't voice actors.
Why do the people behind this show keep casting people who can't voice act?
What the hell happened to MLP?
>>
>>30528645
Who are they, OP?
>>
>>30528645
It's because those literally whos get normies into the seats
>>
>>30528654
Some famous people that hasbro decided to cast just to make a quick buck instead of hiring actual talented voice actors. They do this bullshit every season, and it's at it's worst here.
>>
>>30528680
>every season
Hol' up

Since when do they do this every season? The celebrity voice actors on the show are generally really good, like Shatner and Weird Al
>>
>>30528697
>celebrity voice actors
>really good
Fuck off normie.
>>
>>30528715
I'm about as far from normal as they come
>>
>>30528661
Will they though?
I have a hard time believing this thing is going to be a success.

Hasbro missed the peak of the 'brony' fad by a few years. A few die-hards will wait in line to see it on opening night but the rest of us are just going to wait for an illegal download to come available if we bother at all.

Parents who aren't scared off by greasy neckbeards will bring their kids...but it's coming out too late in the year, most of that audience will be back in school. Families with kids will see it once, and for a movie like this to be a financial success they need people coming multiple times. Should have come out in July or August.

Beyond that, who are they expecting to come pay to watch this? They spent a lot of money on big names to voice the characters, but do they really expect 'Ray Donovan' fans to come see a My Little Pony cartoon movie because it's got Liev Schreiber in it?
>>
>>30528645
Dude, sia's not going to do shit. Sia is about as important as Gazelle in zootopia. She's going to say a few lines to twilight at the start, and do the music at the end, that's it.
>>
>>30528645
>>30528661
We haven't even heard her in the movie let alone her song. Her function in the movie will be something along the lines of Shakiras in Zootopia.
>These people are not Voice Actors
You wanna break down how these ACTORS aren't voice ACTORS for me anon? I'd love to hear you rationalize that for me.
By the way Wierd Al wasn't a Voice Actor or Wil Shatner or Felicia Day.
>>
File: 4523312518.jpg (14KB, 315x284px) Image search: [Google]
4523312518.jpg
14KB, 315x284px
>>30528645
FOR THE LAST TIME:

Celebs are fucking needed to put the normies on the seats

It sucks, but it's the only chance to make this big
>>
>>30528790
That's even worse. Not only are they casting someone who can't act, they're not even giving her any screen time, which will surely disappoint the people who came to see her. All hasbro cares about is duping a bunch of normies into watching this pile of poorly acted crap.
>>
>>30528645
Maybe you should check out their acting careers before criticizing their talents?
The only valid points from your opinion is that you're an ignorant retard.
>>
Reminder that we dodged a bullet by not having CGI smurf ponies
>>
File: IMG_0146.jpg (30KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0146.jpg
30KB, 210x240px
>>30528783
>see a My Little Pony cartoon movie because it's got Liev Schreiber in it?

I'm pretty stoked for Liev Schreiber as the villain.
>>
>>30528824
Anon the movie has not come out yet.
There is barely any indication of the quality of the acting in the movie. The mane cast VAs are all reprising their roles in this movie.
Liev Schrieber, Emily Blunt,Zoe Saldanna Uzo Aduba aren't bums. Considering the solid Voice Direction of the show there is little reason to be worried about the acting.

Stop being such a pessimist.
>>
>>30528818
They are not VOICE actors. They have no experience VOICE acting, and they're taking jobs away from professional voice actors who are much better at voice acting and would surely do a much better job. Stop being a fucking retard. Also, weird Al is not an actor, and William Shitner's crappy performance took away a potential role from a much more deserving professional voice actor.

>>30528821
Who gives a crap what normies think about his movie? Why not make it better for the bronies who have supported this show despite all the bullshit hasbro has done? Without us, the show would have ended 4 seasons ago, and this movie would not exist, so WHY THE FUCK ARE THEY RUINING IT JUST TO APPEAL TO PEOPLE WHO DON'T FUCKING MATTER INSTEAD OF MAKING A GOOD MOVIE FOR THE FANS WHO HAVE KEPT THIS SHOW ALIVE?

>>30528846
They are not VOICE actors, they can't VOICE act. VOICE ACTING is completely different from live action acting you fucking retard.
>>
>>30528783
THIS
>>
>>30528851
Given how little he was shown in the trailer, One would think Tempest was the mane villain, not storm king.
>>
>>30528878
Stop being a cuck and read the goddamn credits. These are not voice actors, these are forced in celebrities. I don't give a crap how good they are on camera, this is an animated movie, and animated movies don't have cameras.
>>
File: IMG_0150.jpg (23KB, 400x280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0150.jpg
23KB, 400x280px
>>30528943
Nah, Tempest is just the eye candy.
>>
File: IMG_0148.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0148.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>30528892
>>
>>30528892
And yet most people can't name a single professional voice actor beyond Mel Blanc...who died almost 3 decades ago.

But they do know Robin Williams voiced the genie in Aladdin. They do know James Earl Jones was in Lion King. They do know Mike Myers does Shrek.

Screen actors do just fine in these roles.
Could a dedicated voice actor do better? Maybe, but who cares. Nobody is going to show up to a movie just because Tara Strong or Peter New is in it...because nobody knows who the fuck they are.

Either way it's still going to bomb because of >>30528783 Who do they really expect is gonna pay to see this? Where's the audience?
>>
>>30529005
>most people can't name a single professional voice actor beyond Mel Blanc...
Tara strong, rob paulson, maurice lamarche, tom kenny, jeff bennet, need I go on?

>But they do know Robin Williams voiced the genie in Aladdin. They do know James Earl Jones was in Lion King. They do know Mike Myers does Shrek.
And those roles could have gone to actual voice actors, but noooooo, companies only care about money.
>>
>>30528892
>Who gives a crap what normies think about his movie? Why not make it better for the bronies who have supported this show despite all the bullshit hasbro has done? Without us, the show would have ended 4 seasons ago, and this movie would not exist, so WHY THE FUCK ARE THEY RUINING IT JUST TO APPEAL TO PEOPLE WHO DON'T FUCKING MATTER INSTEAD OF MAKING A GOOD MOVIE FOR THE FANS WHO HAVE KEPT THIS SHOW ALIVE?

Dude. Seriously. Brony sales are going to be a literal drop in the bucket. Like maybe 10-20 million. Tops.
You need the normies and you need the little kids if you want a successful movie. Bronies are an incredibly small minority with little financial impact (don't kid yourself) compared to the massive effect that little kids have on the franchise.

Additionally, most bronies are going to pussy out and not come in, or simply watch a cam rip.
Remember the power puff girls movie? Look at all the male "fans" who proclaimed their love for that movie, yet refused to show up out of fear for a little girls movie-- it tanked. HARD. The same thing would happen if they aimed this squarely at bronies.
>>
>>30528645
You speak as if the show has any decent voice actors
>>
>>30528892
>They have no experience VOICE acting
Liev Schrieber
>2015 Creed HBO 24/7 Narrator Ryan Coogler Voice
>2015 BoJack Horseman Copernicus Voice; Episode: "Out to Sea"

>Uzo Aduba
Voiced Bismuth in Steven Universe
>Kristin Chenoweth
Has Multiple Voice credits from Bojack Horseman to Filmore!
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0155693/?ref_=nv_sr_1
>Saldana
Voice Credits from the Book of Life

I don't need to go on any further.

Anon in case you didn't know voice acting doesn't just involve making funny voices behind a mic. It involves ACTING too. Which all of these people are capable of. Sure Sia might not have the acting experience but for what her role calls for she won't be asked for much.

>>30528892
>Who gives a crap what normies think about his movie?
The target Audience. Remember we liked their show not the other way around.

>>30528783
As far as this is concerned pic related.

It's also opening against Blade Runner 2017 which could be a factor in the box office. However families going out to the movies will likely go to see MLP a family film than Blade Runner an R rated thriller. We have 3 months to the movie and we have ComicCon coming up.
>>
>>30529040
Do you work for hasbro? You seem to care more about this movie making money then actually being good. The Iron Giant bombed at the box office, but is a masterpiece that everyone loves, and that should matter much more than how much money it makes.

>>30529044
You speak as if it doesn't. Tara Strong alone has voiced tons of characters from your childhood.
>>
>>30529029
>need I go on?
I guarantee that if I go to work on Monday and ask the first 30 people I see if they've ever heard of ANY of those people maybe 3 of them could identify a single one as a voice actor.
You're a sperg on a pony board on 4chan...you don't accurately represent the general US population. Hell, I'm a sperg on the same board and I've only heard of two of the names you mention (Strong & LaMarche).

>companies only care about money.
Well no shit, Sherlock; that is the first intelligent thing you've said all night. Do you think Hasbro gives a paper bag of fucks about creating quality art?
No. Their business is shilling plastic crap to 6 year olds. Entertainment products are just advertising for their core business...and they know they can get more publicity with big name actors than professional voice actor nobodies.
>>
>>30529095
>Remember we liked their show not the other way around.
"Our" show, not "Their" show. There's a reason they're making fan series for adults now.
>>30529040
Oh ye of little faith. Bronies have got to make up like 15-20% of sales given the amount of merch hasbro aims at us.
Granted, its a bit late to be airing this movie (S4 is when they should have made it-- bronies were going to see fucking equestria girls back then. Equestria girls), but I think bronies will still turn out to see it.
>>
>>30529095
Just because they were shoved into a few crappy cartoons does not make them voice actors. By that logic,
>>
>>30529147
And by your logic Tara strong is not a real actor then.
>>
>>30529120
The general population doesn't matter. How much money the movie makes doesnt matter, what matters is the movie being good for us, and good movies don't shove in pointless celebrities. Stop trying to justify hasbro bring greedy.
>>
>>30529166
What even is your logic?
>>
>>30529167
>How much money the movie makes doesnt matter
are you retarded? No, seriously, are you?
that's the ONLY measurement for success companies give a fucking shit about for if a movie succeeds or not.
>>30529112
>The Iron Giant bombed at the box office, but is a masterpiece that everyone loves

And the difference here is that if the movie bombs, you can expect there will NEVER AGAIN BE AN MLP MOVIE, and that the series will most likely have its future in jeapardy.

If we want more pony, the movie needs to be a success, especially if we ever want to see another MLP movie in theaters.
>>
>>30529167
>good movies don't shove in pointless celebrities.
So the Lego Movie is bad?
Kung Fu Panda is Bad?
Shrek is bad?
>>
>>30529176
Tara Strong took a few crappy live action acting roles therefore she isn't an actor.

My logic is a lot more sound than the reaching your doing by saying that because a person is primarily an actor that doesn't make them a VA when they step behind the mic in a booth.

You have to be able to act if you want to Voice Act. All those names you listed up there in your little rant have said this before many times at their VA panels.
>>
fuck it. I'm trolling.
>>
>>30528645
>This is the 3rd time
what are the other 2?
>>
File: -_S5E24.png (894KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
-_S5E24.png
894KB, 1280x720px
"This people aren't voice actors."
Well yeah, that's why there's a voice director, OP.

John DeLancie, Weird Al, William Shatner, Felicia Day, Patton Oswalt, and Lena Hall had limited to no voice acting experience too (I think it was Lina's first time?), yet they all did great.

You, OP, are literally the first person I've heard of that's complained about the quality of the celebrity guest roles.
>>
I expected a lot more bashing in this thread. You guys surprised me. I'm proud of you. I'm done trolling for today. Just know that I believe none of the bullshit I spewed.
>>
>>30530049
Good.
Now go to bed.
>>
>>30530014
This. Celebrity guests may be a cheap attempt to gain popularity in some shows, but MLP excels at making them feel natural. Especially in The Perfect Pear, since neither of the guest VAs were typecast at all.
>>
>>30530059
I have sleeping problems.
>>
>>30530014
too bad that song was shit
>over-complicated piano solo
>and with fucking one hoof, because making air rainbows with the other one
>>
>>30528645
>Sia isn't even an actor

Do you really need to be an actor to play as yourself?
>>
>>30530497
Among all kinds of faggot that shitpost in this board, contrarians are truly the most cancerous and retarded.
>>
>>30528645
They should have got Elias Toufexis, he would have made a great villain.
>>
>>30528645
Yeah, I'm going to watch it dubbed.
>>
I know Michael Pena from Ant-Man but that's the depth of it for me.
>>
>>30528645
That's Hollywood in general.
They cast people for their "celebrity star power", that is, the ability of their name to sell tickets and get butts into seats.

Voice actors, while talented, dedicated, and professional, are relatively unknown to most of America's semi-conscious media consumers, so they have poor drawing power.

It's all about filling those theater seats with butts, so the producers and backers can fill their pockets with cash.
>>
Weird Al was good tho
>>
>>30530674
He actually knows how to act.
>>
>>30530530
I bet you're one of those dicksuckers that went "baww i cried to this song"
>>
>>30528848
We also dodged an actually interesting premise about Alicorn city, Starswirl and possibly even Discord.

Instead we get a generic predictable adventure that we all know how is going to end
>>
>>30528851
Literally who? I would only recognise John De Lancie if he was in the movie, i have no idea who the hell those "celebrities" are!
>>
File: mktoon.jpg (26KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
mktoon.jpg
26KB, 250x250px
>>30528645
>Sia is not a voice actress yet she voices a character for a movie
>Jim Miller is not a voice actor yet voices a character in the FiM series
>Mike Vogel is not a writer yet he wrote half of the movie

Pottery. This whole franchise turn into a scam after Faust left. Larson was right to never return.
>>
>>30528645
It really feels like Hasbro was struggling HARD to make any celebrity appear in this movie. Like they are really low tier in term of popularity or talent.

They would probably get Bill Cosby and Hulk Hogan if they weren't disgraced.
>>
>>30530764
what did Hulk Hogan do?
>>
>>30530744

Faust gave them something that became incredibly popular, so naturally everyone and their mothers over at Hasbro needed to get involved in it. They're fucking retarded.
>>
>>30529197
>mlp movie doing poorly means no more mlp movies and maybe no more mlp
Yeah kind of like how the first EqG didn't do well and they decided to give us 3 more movies, TV specials, and possibly a spin-off.

Hasbro doesn't care about the movie and they don't care about the show. What they care about are toys. If movie toys sell well, we'll get more movies in the same way that we get more MLP and EqG because of their merchandise sales.
>>
>>30529201
Yes to all 3. Shrek is a fun movie, but in no way is it good. The other two aren't even fun, they're just bad.
>>
>>30530772
He had a cuckoldry video where he said that he hates niggers.
>>
File: autism.jpg (4KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
4KB, 225x224px
>>30528645
Animated products hire people who are not professional VAs all the time. This is NORMAL. Why aren't you bitching about that on a daily basis, you hypocrite?
>>
>>30530869
>Animated products hire
lol
animated products use*
>>
>>30530869
It was always retarded and it should never be percieved as normal. Just because someone is famous doesn't mean he can suddenly become a competent chef and make you a decent dinner.
>>
>>30530723
If that premies became a movie, it would ruin your headcanons and you would cry about it here to no end like Vogelfag.
>>
>>30530869
>This is NORMAL. Why aren't you bitching about that on a daily basis, you hypocrite?

Because this is the mlp board you dumb fuck, of course people are going to discuss the one Pony-centric film we have and not give two shits about other animated films with shit-tier celebs forced in

Also no self posting
>>
>>30530886
Anything doing anything with headcanons is more interesting than this bland OC fest piece of garbage we have now.

Just simple thing like revealing Aj's parents or stating that Discord dies when acting normal is way more interesting than just having some literally who character appear and beat the Princesses and mane6 just to show how edgy and brooding she is.
Fuck the movie and its cucks who will defend it.
>>
File: sab.jpg (138KB, 884x949px) Image search: [Google]
sab.jpg
138KB, 884x949px
>these people are not voice actors
The first rule to being a voice actor is being a fucking actor in the first place

Most of them have acting credits, I don't know about Sia, but it's obviously she's a musical guest more than anything

You've enraged me in your ignorance OP, Liev Schreiber is a great fucking actor, I can't speak for most of them but I know they are in fact actors
>>
>>30530896
>Also no self posting
This is Jerry Peet
>>
>>30531007
Consider the most important question:
Do they have their SAG-AFTRA card?
>>
>>30531007

They're both forms of entertainment that generally work on the same kind of skills.

A singer will not have a lot of problems going into a studio and record some voice lines.

What sets a voice actor apart from a singer or even a regular actor is that a voice actor can do a ton of different voices, which means they can do a far greater range of characters.
>>
>>30531247
Which isn't really necessary when they're voicing one character each
>>
>>30529005
>He watches shows for the specific voice actor
Neck yourself you fucking autist. They hire people with voices that fit the character, not just the most popular actor that everyone dick rides. Only an actual autist would go to see this movie JUST because there's a voice actor that is popular.
>>
>>30528645
Hollywood mandated star power. Thems the breaks if you want to be on the silver screen.
>>
>>30528715
Did you forget that pic related is a celebrity voice actor?
>>
>>30529029
Oh cool, you have Google too?
>>
>>30530866
is that all?
everyone hates niggers
>>
>>30530497
There's no piano solo, there's nothing wrong with intricate accompaniment, and the way it's animated has nothing, I repeat, NOTHING, to do with the song itself.
>>
>>30530525
Depends on how good you are at faking emotion. I could probably do it, but tommy wisseu couldn't.
>>
>>30530530
Hopefully he's just trolling like me.
>>
>>30530920
Dumbass, you don't even know what the plot is about. No one knows what they'll do with the story, only that is has an archetypal, not cliche, ARCHETYPAL setup.
>>
>>30531007
Stop it, I already admitted to trolling. I already agree with you.
>>
File: IMG_6042.jpg (53KB, 660x602px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6042.jpg
53KB, 660x602px
>>30528645
Nigger, if they're actors that automatically makes them voice actors. Most voice actors had their start in professional acting. You realize that one's voice is extremely important in acting on stage or in a movie, right?
>>
>>30530497
>>30530705
bullshit, it was a good song.
>>30530723
I'm kind of worried they'll recycle that into the show and ruin it by making it revolve around glimmer (the idw comic implied the season will have an evil changeling alicorn looking thing as the villain, and glimmer can't go 2 seconds without getting her shit into everything)
>>
>>30530847
>First EQG movie
>Didn't do well
Are you retarded? The first EQG did so much better than their expectations that they extended the threatrical run.
It wasn't blowing shit out of the park, but it was doing far, FAR better than a made for DVD movie has any right to do.
>>
>>30528645
You're right, they're better than voice actors. It's literally the reason why Snake was recast.
>>
>>30528878
>said the hasdrone
>>
>>30528783
>Hasbro missed the peak of the 'brony' fad by a few years

Hasbro doesn't really give a fuck about bronies, their audience is children and families.

>Parents who aren't scared off by greasy neckbeards will bring their kids

You're a few years too late. Normies don't even remember what a "brony" is, if they were ever aware at all, and we are so fucking miniscule compared to the normal audience as to be nonexistent.

>it's coming out too late in the year

Frozen came out on November 27th and made a billion dollars.

>Beyond that, who are they expecting to come pay to watch this?

You mean beside parents with children?

>do they really expect 'Ray Donovan' fans to come see a My Little Pony cartoon movie because it's got Liev Schreiber in it?

The point of "star power" is to lure parents to the movie with recognizable names, that's it.
>>
>>30528892

You know that one of the final stages of movie production is VO dub? The actors all get in booths and rerecord their lives for any scene where environmental noise has to be replaced with a directed soundscape (which is nearly all of them). What you hear in a movie is rarely what was spoken on set.

Film actors are voice actors by necessity.
>>
>>30528892
Yeah, I wish Darth Vader had been voiced by a REAL actor instead of James Earl Jones.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.