[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was best villain and why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

File: 1486422.png (363KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1486422.png
363KB, 1024x683px
Who was best villain and why?
>>
>>30520629
Tirek because reasons.
>>
>>30520629
Bug butt
>>
File: 1444187210802.gif (390KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1444187210802.gif
390KB, 500x281px
>>30520629
Filthy Rich. Gets the same ponies he does business with to also teach his daughter life lessons on how to be a good manager for free while he's free to make all the money.
>>
>>30520629
Discord
>>
>>30520629

In Equestria, you either die a villain, or live long enough to see yourself become a hero.
>>
>>30520692
>Discord a villain
yeah sounds about right.
>>
>>30520629
Nightmare Moon is in this weird situation where she's probably had the worst screen time - let's face it, her behavior in S1E1/2 is ridiculous compared to what she's hyped up as, and S4E1/2 retconned her legendary rebellion into being a two-minute royal temper tantrum. It's a sad declaration when the most interesting time she's had is two minutes of alternate reality.

But, in terms of her background and story? I find her by far the most interesting. She's not just "evil because evil" like Discord, Tirek, or Sombra, nor does she seem bent on mindless destruction. She's got depth a lot of them lack.
>>
File: discord bringin it around town.png (2MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
discord bringin it around town.png
2MB, 1920x1090px
>>30520629
Discord because he's still the only one who managed to break apart the main heroes without bullshit reasoning (like Chryssy did in Canterlot Wedding).
>>30520738
Nightmare Moon herself lacks any depth. She's just a tyrannical ruler, bland as they go. It's Luna who's been developed but they are obviously not the same person. Nightmare Moon is basically a power-hungry demonic infection taking Luna's mind over.
>>
>>30520763
>break apart the main heroes with bullshit reasoning like Chrysalis
What was bullshit reasoning in Canterlot Wedding's Chrysalis?
>>
>>30520795
>Twilight is acting weird and paranoid and accuses a good friend of her in being an impostor
>maybe it has something to do with the fact that her friend is marrying her brother and it's hard to accept it for her
>or something else
>last time Twilight acted weird and paranoid she got the entire city in danger
>because we didn't listen to her and brushed her paranoia off
>well, who cares, let's do it once again and do cool stuff with the princess
>>
>>30520629
1.Discord
Defeated and broke the Mane 6. Had spike not been there for Twilight it would have been over for Equestria.
2.Starlight prior to the reveal of her motivation was threatening. Crafty and capable of an assortment of magic. She could take down anyone they were by themselves.
3.Tirek got all the magic of Equestria by himself. Fought Twilight Sparkle to an impasse. Crossed Discord
4.Chrysalis was able to fool most of Canterlot into believing she was Cadance(Somehow,with that poor acting.. Almost got away with her plan had Twilight not realized she was fighting the real Cadance. Managed to Kidnap the most powerful ponies in all of Equestria without almost anyone noticing
5. Sombra. He's just sombra Although that Dark Magic door was pretty nifty
>>
>>30520629
Tirek, Dazzlings and Sunset. They were all just purely evil and enjoyed it.
>>
>>30520763
> It's Luna who's been developed but they are obviously not the same person. Nightmare Moon is basically a power-hungry demonic infection taking Luna's mind over.
See, I really don't see whee you're getting that from. Everything indicates Nightmare Moon is nothing more than a name/persona taken on by Luna at the peak of her rage. There's literally no evidence of anything external being part of it.
>>
File: villainspic.png (880KB, 1138x1024px) Image search: [Google]
villainspic.png
880KB, 1138x1024px
>>30520763
>Discord because he's still the only one who managed to break apart the main heroes without bullshit reasoning (like Chryssy did in Canterlot Wedding).
That, and the fact that he's the most enjoyable one to observe overall.

Discord > Glimglam > Chrysalis > Dazzlings > Gloriosa (probably the most sympathetic G4 villain) > Tirek > Sombra > Nightmare Moon > Cynch > Midnight Sparkle > Demon Sunset
> Flurry Heart
>>
>>30520881
If there was nothing external, Luna wouldn't be "cleaned" from it but rather just imprisoned like Discord.
Besides, even if
>Nightmare Moon is nothing more than a name/persona taken on by Luna at the peak of her rage
is true, that still doesn't make them the same. Jekyll and Hyde may be one person, but they're different personalities.
>>
>>30520629
Starlight and Discord, hands down.

Discord was just so fucking over powered that they made it so he didn't care about being a villain, he just wanted to fuck with the M6 to see if they could entertain him enough and beat his game.

Starlight had a really cool concept. She was just a normal pony who was emotionally fucked in the head, so she turned an entire town into a false utopia and even captured the M6 using some crazy magic. Then she comes back for the time travel shit after watching the Twilgiht for an entire season and then continuously fucks with time just enjoying each future(i think she enjoyed them until the end, correct me if not) as the M6 never became friends. When the villain blends in with the heroes, that's when you know shit gets real.

Nightmare Moon was just boring evil Luna.
Chrysalis is like a long term lore villain who's always evil but rarely does shit. She's like the North Korea of MLP villains.
My memory on Sombra is iffy, but all I remember was him and Chrysalis both debuting in a premiere and then Sombra being defeated in the 2nd part. I remember being confused as to who he was and what the point of it all was.
>>
>>30520629
Hillary Clinton of course.
>>
>>30520917
> If there was nothing external, Luna wouldn't be "cleaned" from it but rather just imprisoned like Discord.
Like, y'know, she was imprisoned in the moon for 1,000 years? You're ignoring what's been straight-up explicitely stated: "[The Elements of Harmony] lifted [Nightmare's] jealousy long enough for her to reconcile with her sister and regain her true form." I hardly think Nightmare was a separate being if Luna is described as her "true form".

Also don't forget that the Elements released Discord from stone too. They're not just "make the bad thing go away" buttons.

>Jekyll and Hyde may be one person, but they're different personalities.
Red herring; that they were is irrelevant to this situation.
>>
>>30520629
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGCZTX361bM
>>
>>30520988
Don't forget Meghan McCarthy And Mike Vogel!
>>
>>30521059
>Mike Vogel
never heard of him.
>>
>>30521059
I thought it was it. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAQ7357VoOQZTeRGhMa4r-A
>>
>>30521059
Are you sure it's not Lily Peet?
>>
>>30520963
Sombra was the Crystal Empire in the S3 opener
Chrysalis was the S2 finale
>>
>>30520629
>Be queen of the changelings
>Subjects need to eat something to survive
>You decide to preserve your people
>Infiltrate Equestria
>Put yourself on the line impersonating one of the princesses
>Stand up to an even more powerful princess in a magic fight
>Lead from the front in a successful siege

Chrysalis is the best villain because she's really a heroine for her kin.
>>
>>30521105

Nope it's >>30520763
>>30520866
>>
Krastos the Glue Maker.
>>
>>30521105
and then TWABA shat all over that headcanon
>>
File: you belong in the trash.gif (202KB, 486x168px) Image search: [Google]
you belong in the trash.gif
202KB, 486x168px
>>30521049
>Adagio # 1
>Pic Related
I will say that the angle of Chrysalis' impression being intentionally bad to isolate the elements is something to consider.
>>
>>30521068
His full name is Micheal Vogel, he's a vice president for development and he's homosexual and gay.
>>
>>30520629
Show staff are the best villains.
>>
>>30521239
Yeah, their acting like Nazis, the ISIS from Archer, and the NEXUS of WWE, except the voices actors there OK.
>>
What's so great about Discord as a villain?
>>
File: pony_doom.jpg (107KB, 774x1032px) Image search: [Google]
pony_doom.jpg
107KB, 774x1032px
Best bad pony.
>>
File: dahnald.png (350KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
dahnald.png
350KB, 620x400px
>>30520988
Not Ted Cruz?
>>
>>30520629
They forgot Trixie in the drawing if they're including reformed villains. Overall Chrys has had the most staying power. I think the best is Celestia, though we won't find this out until the finale.
>>
>>30520763
Agree, Discord was ruined as a character when he was reformed. He was a perfect villain.
>>
>>30520629
Tirek.
>discord got reformed, because alright
>nigga ain't got no friends

>chrysalis is now pretty much completely useless as a villain
all she has is her changeling magic, which is a very long-term strategy. Seemingly not in her hot tempered nature, especially given her reason for being a villain, her hive, has turned against her

>starlight glimmer
ree

>trixie
is currently doing the sexuals with the aforementioned mary sue

>sombra
I guess he died or something.

>nightmare moon
a relapse into the darkness would be a dope ass boss battle, twilight and celestia v. Nightmare. Would be fucking cool tbqh.

>tirek
nigga so badass they had to send him to hell twice, without a chance of reformation, because he was mere millimeters away from destroying equestria.
>>
File: Fluttershy0002.jpg (65KB, 960x547px) Image search: [Google]
Fluttershy0002.jpg
65KB, 960x547px
>>30521217
>>
>>30522166
I wouldn't say he was ruined, De Lancie can play a chaotic neutral as well. But yes, Discord could be used so much more as a villain
>>
>>30521084
No, it's Lily Peet.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.