[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you guys hate season 6? Is it just the alicorn baby? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 5

File: download.jpg (14KB, 301x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
14KB, 301x168px
Why do you guys hate season 6? Is it just the alicorn baby? I really enjoyed many episodes. It felt like they tried to do knew things with all the characters too. 8/10 overall for me.
>>
File: hasjew.jpg (99KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
hasjew.jpg
99KB, 500x500px
>>30504741
good goy

next you will tell them to watch more barbies
>>
>>30504741
>Tried to do new things with the characters
>Posts Mare-do-well 2.0
>>
>>30504741
>Why do you guys hate season 6?
>Starlight Glimmer becomes another Twiclone and all of her potential is tossed off the window
> Applejack's Day Off
> Racing cars episode
> 2 episodes with a "Critics are wrong, so never criticrize anything!" moral
> Spike is given a long awaited developing and is tossed aside to favor Starlight
> That entire season finale where EVERYTHING was ratardized to once again favor Starlight
> Chysalis ruined
> Changelings ruined

That's why, Op. Now this is the part where you tell me I'm wrong because quality is a subjective thing?
>>
>>30504838
The first critic episode was a critic who only liked one thing and the second ended with a fucking moral about how it is okay not to like things. Don't know what you're going with there.
>>
File: moe mod.png (206KB, 1791x944px) Image search: [Google]
moe mod.png
206KB, 1791x944px
>>30504741
It felt like there was 3 shit episodes for every good one.
>>
>>30504838
Chrysalis is not ruined yet
>>
>>30504759
I like to watch Barbie's while I drink my Saamolia cum
>>
>>30504775
I thought it was more similar to griffon brush off. I never minded MMDW because Dash is retarded and you need to hammer in the point to her multiple times to make her correct her behavior.
>>
Starlight should have been left in season 5 when her story was over. Now she has no reason to be thief besides giving twilight someone to relate to and bounce things off of.
>>
>>30504775
/thread
>>
>>30504851
> Asks why we don't like season 06
> Immediately tries to fight the answer

Why do you even try.
>>
>>30504895
Starlight should have stayed at the Crystal Empire after S06's opener. That way Hasbro still has it's new toy advertisement and the show can go on without that fucking load dragging everyone down the mud.

"The mane 6's character arcs are finished, there's nothing else to be done with them" is also the biggest fucking lie ever because they never tried to do anything of value with the characters in the first place.
>>
>>30504919
>is corrected
>too immature to admit that you're wrong
>>
>>30504741

season 6 proves that these horses have sex

since ponyville is only like five males to about 300 females

big mac must be getting some on a daily goddamned basis.
>>
>>30504919
Because you are objectively wrong or intentionally spreading lies with the statement that there were two episodes with a "Critics are wrong, so never criticrize anything!" moral.
No one will take you seriously when you say things that are outright wrong.
>>
>>30504957
Defending a crappy cartoon this hard will not make any girl want to fuck you, you know fatty?
>>
>>30504919
I'm trying to understand your thinking because it is different from my own and I'm not sure where it comes from. Explain why you think Zesty and Quibble are the way they are to you.
>>
>>30504966
>being this bitter
I'm not defending it so much as calling you wrong, Mr. Alpha.
>>
>>30504981
I can't help but notice you haven't denied being fat and virgin. :)

>>30504972
Their criticism was completely one sided and they were unrepented assholes who never admited being wrong. Quibble was also shown to always be a toxic, self centered asshole until the end as a "joke" while RD, who was also an annoying cunt was always shown to be the "right" fan despite being as annoying as Quibble Pants.

Compare them with S01 Hoity Toity who was also a brutal critic but also very professional and willing to admit he was wrong without trying to be an asshole about it.

But again, different seasons, different creative teams.
>>
>>30505035
Quibble was helpful once he realized everything was real. He also isn't a professional like Hoity because he's not a professional. He's a fanboy and a fanfic writer. Expecting him to "be professional" would be contrary to his archetype.

RD also wasn't "right". The writers explicitly tell you this at the end that Quibble's dissatisfaction with the franchise is as valid as Dash's praises for it.

Quibble Pants: Before we get in another fight, I think I finally figured it out! I love the Daring Do that solves puzzles and uses her brain to get out of tough situations, and she did way more of that in the original trilogy! You love the Daring Do that is brave and awesome and comes out on top no matter what the odds!
Rainbow Dash: Okay...?
Quibble Pants: And that's okay! We might never agree on what makes Daring Do cool, but you... are definitely cool [...]
Rainbow Dash: Well, I'm not the one who can locate a treasure in half the time Daring Do can! You may have terrible taste in books, but you're pretty awesome yourself. In a brainy, egghead, puzzle-solving kind of way.
Quibble Pants: I guess we don't have to agree on everything to get along. Friends?
Rainbow Dash: Definitely friends.
>>
>>30505035
I don't know, I get what you're saying about Quibble even if I interpreted it a bit differently, but Zesty was more an example of a critic that has a completely irrelevant opinion because of their esoteric tastes. It would be like, a fan calling every episode of the show that didn't have enough Applejack in it shit regardless of what the episode was about or its quality.
>>
>>30504741
>8/10 overall for me
this.
>>
>>30504919
That... That's what argumentation is.
>>
>>30505131
>Quibble was helpful once he realized everything was real.
Except he was always being shown as an asshole no matter if he was being helpful. There's no excuse for this, no matter how you try to sping things around: he was shown to be an annoying asshole from beginning to end.

I could agree with you if the final scene where he goes on a diarrhea of the mouth tirade had never happened, OR if he had realized he was being annoying and decided to shutup.
>>
>>30504948
>season 6 proves that these horses have sex
What is Baby Cakes, anon?
>>
>>30505238
No, tht's being an insecure faggot who asks a question and they goes full autismo mode because he isn't getting the answer he wanted to prove he was right all along.

What OP wanted here was a private circlejerk, not a conversation.
>>
>>30504775
>Mare-do-well 2.0
what a lazy faggot you are with your criticism. the only part of the plot thats even close to mare-do-well is they give dash a taste of her own medicine.
>>
>>30504838
>2 episodes with a "Critics are wrong, so never criticize anything!" moral
that wasnt the moral. the moral was dont expect everyone to have the same tastes.
youre not wrong for having your own opinion, youre wrong for holding it up as the only correct opinion.
>>
>>30505314
So, if he had waited ten minutes and then said the same thing, that would be different because it wouldn't be an "immediate" response?
>>
>>30505320
It's another story where RD behaves like a cunt (this time undoing all the lessons she learned) and then receiving an absurdly over the top punishment except the first time only her friends were on it and this time the entire town goes out of it's way to screw her up.
>>
>>30505416
>RD behaves like a cunt
that was pretty much her character for a long time. iirc, this episode idea came from the s2 era and the writers were too lazy to adapt it. i agree she shouldnt have been such a cunt.
>over the top punishment
it was just a prank, bro. id argue it was a less severe prank than many of the ones she did.
>>
>>30505440
>it was just a prank, bro
The whole town was on it, bro. That's over the top no matter how you try to downplay it.
>>
>>30505455
it was a good prank, but just a prank nonetheless.
>>
File: fucking_liar.png (122KB, 900x694px) Image search: [Google]
fucking_liar.png
122KB, 900x694px
>>30504741
> MOST SHIT SEASON STARTER EVER
> MOST HORRIBLE APPLE EPISODE EVER
> MMDW #2

It was not that bad, yes
>>
>>30505466
>MMDW #2
>>30505320
>>
File: 1427757369514.png (754KB, 676x798px) Image search: [Google]
1427757369514.png
754KB, 676x798px
>>30505314
You're the only one acting like a insecure child. No one else is correcting your other points because they are all subjective. Everyone is focusing on the one that is objectively wrong and what do you do when others try to politely correct you so you don't sound like a retard who gets laughed out of threads in the future? Double down on calling everyone else losers and making a complete ass out of yourself all the while playing the victim because you can't admit you are wrong. Just how pathetic is your life?
>>
>>30504856
Even the mod knew...
>>
>>30504838
> Applejack's Day Off
> Racing cars episode
> Chysalis ruined
Nothing wrong with these ones.
>>
>>30504948
He literally didn't until S7 you moron with sick headcanons
>>
>>30504838
whats wrong with Applejack's Day Off? I really want to kown.
>>
>>30504838
The racing car shit was the only episode I've ever given 0/10 in my entire life.

That episode was like a nuclear bomb against every effort of female emancipation and identity this show has ever undertaken.
>>
>>30505856
>0/10
Cheerileeder had to be worth at least half a point
>>
>>30505320
>Rainbow Dash overindulges
>Friends warn her to stop overindulging
>Rainbow Dash insists she's not doing anything wrong
>Friends trick Rainbow Dash
>Rainbow Dash laments
>Friends reveal that the prank was for her own good

Which episode did I describe?
>>
Does anyone here even still enjoy the show like I do?
>>
>>30505894
28 pranks later. the main key here is in mmdw her friends didnt try to tell her to stop being such a cunt. in 28pl they straight up said dash, stop being a fucking cunt. multiple times in fact. she didnt stop on her own through talking so they took action. they decide to prank her, and she is sufficiently pranked. dash learned that pranks should have limits.

in mmdw she wasnt really even hurting anyone, she was just being an insufferable cocky faggot. her friends didnt try to talk to her first, they simply decided to jump straight to acting behind her back. they humble her by breaking her spirit which is pretty damn dark. dash learns her friends are assholes.
>>
>>30505936
I still do. Even in bad episodes, I always find something to like. But you have to admit, there are several flawed episodes.
>>
>>30504741
Most of the problems with the season can be traced to making Glimmy the main character in so many fucking episodes. It's understandable that they would want to put more emphasis off of the main 6, but putting that emphasis on a bland, walking mary sue of a character like Starlight realllly ruined the season. They could've made Spike more of a main character, they could've added more secondary character emphasis, but they chose to worship Jim's shitty OC. Pair that with some (not all) exceptionally bad episodes and you have a pretty mediocre season.
>>
>>30506032
>Most of the problems with the season can be traced to making Glimmy the main character in so many fucking episodes.

I disagree with you but at the same time I agree.

See, Starlight Glimmer herself isn't the problem, and including her in so many episodes is not bad per se. The real problem is the staff behind of her, as they fucked up each and every single attempt to integrate her into the show.

Under a different team, Starlight could have been a great addition to FiM. Unfortunately, she was handled by incompetent people and the result is a character who literally broke both the series and the fandom at once.

She never had a chance, all thanks to the current reative and direction staff and there's nothing thay can do to fix their own fuckup because the damage is already done and it runs too deep to ignore.
>>
>>30505962
Ok you're right, they didn't warn her in MMDW. But the gist of the episodes are hardly different. Same thing, but with slightly different execution and moral.

I still agree that 28 Pranks Later is a generally better episode. But it's extremely similar to MMDW.

It is worth noting that "Mare-Do-Well" did save several lives that RD couldn't have saved. The tourists in the car, the construction workers... Even the entire town, by fixing the dam.
>>
>>30506134
some minor details are similar, but not enough to call it mmdw 2.0 like many people do. it bothers me moreso since it shuts down any potential conversation. an anon says "mmdw sucked, this is like mmdw, therefore it sucks too." without giving any actual reasoning from the episode itself.
>>
>>30504741
Poochie
/thread
>>
>>30504838
>2 episodes with a "Critics are wrong, so never criticrize anything!" moral

If you'd said this about Honest Apple, I'd agree, but I can't say the same for Spice Up Your Life or Stranger Than Fanfiction. Spice Up Your Life was about not throwing aside the merits of your own work just to fit in with what everyone else is doing. Stranger Than Fanfiction was about how different people enjoy the same works of fiction for different reasons, and it's not wrong to have your own preferences, whether they're positive or negative. At one point when Daring and Rainbow are talking about Quibble Pants, they actually say the following:

>Is he always like this?
>Yeah, but he's usually right.

That's the exact opposite of the moral you're claiming the episode has.

I do agree on the majority of your other points, though I'd say there are infinitely better reasons to hate Cart Before The Ponies than the fact that it included wooden derby cars.
>>
>>30505936
Season 6 was the worst MLP ever produced, but that doesn't mean it was devoid of good episodes. On Your Marks was a nearly perfect follow-up to Crusaders of the Lost Mark and I will fight anyone who says otherwise. And S7 has been hitting it out of the park lately.
>>
>>30506560
>And S7 has been hitting it out of the park lately.
Look at this Starlight shill.
>>
>>30506739
Excuse you, I'm a Perfect Pear shill like everyone else who watched it.
>>
>>30506753
> One good episode
> "S7 has been hitting it out of the park!"

Shill it is.
>>
>>30506762
Whoa! Where'd those goalposts go?!
>>
>>30506560
Not gonna lie I like S6 although it was pretty boring but I completely agree with S7 hitting it hard. Shit almost made me cry with Bright Macs story
>>
>>30506762
Also referring to Discordant Harmony, Parental Glideance, Not Asking for Trouble, Flurry of Emotions, and yes, the significantly better handling of Starlight episodes. But in addition to that, there's the detail that season 7 has only produced one or two truly bad episodes so far as opposed to the frequent pain S6 put us through.

Glimmer had problems and not all of them are gone, but the show's been taking the approach recently of bringing out different problems suited to her skills rather than throwing the main six under a bus so she can do their job. I call that an improvement.
>>
>>30506762
>Americans in charge of arguing
>>
>>30504741
Well, your pic related was absolutely atrocious and one of the worst episodes of the entire series. But other than that, yeah, it wasn't that bad.
>>
>>30504838
>> That entire season finale where EVERYTHING was ratardized to once again favor Starlight
Still better than Canterlot Wedding.
>>
>>30506018
Flawed or not i don't really think its that big a deal is it?
>>
I saw some of them when they were originally shown on Treehouse. And of course I saw the one with the "prank" and the "race cars". They were just very dissapointing, they just felt very un fitting to the show.

The other episodes I saw were much better. But this season was definitely a stinker. S3 was better.
>>
>>30506851
I wouldn't say many characters were made stupid or incompetent for that episode. Looking at the information they're each given, their reactions make sense. As for Celestia losing to Chrysalis, it's not made clear exactly how much stronger a changeling queen gets from feeding, or how much power Celestia has.

To Where and Back Again is a lot harder to justify, and has many more lapses in logic and contrived plot devices.
>>
>>30506922
Actually, I think it's a lot easier to justify. People usually talk about how it's stupid how changeling got all of Mane 6, but what's the problem? They live in different parts of town and it's not like random ponies can tell if it's a changeling or not. This is the only real plot complaint I can think of, and it's not even credible.
Also
>contrived plot devices
are literally the point of every two-parter
>>
Why didn't S7 start with a two part episode??
>>
>>30506974
because they got stale and boring long ago
>>
>>30507020
Youre not fucking with me right anon
>>
>>30506828
Hello, Jim.

Because only Jim would call that shit as an improvement.
>>
>>30506958
How did the changelings get the main six, Shining Armor, and the Princesses from their homes to the hive miles away undetected?
Why didn't anyone stop Chrysalis from flying away, especially Discord, who had his power back by then and obviously wanted revenge?
How did Discord and all of the animals in Fluttershy's house not notice her being taken?
How did changelings manage to take Rainbow Dash unnoticed from a house that's floating in the air and therefore visible from far away?
Why did Chrysalis see Spike as enough of a threat to capture, but not Starlight, who's more powerful and just as likely to spot the deception?
How does an entire species never discover that they can produce their own food source?
Why is the victory over the changelings held up as evidence of Starlight's leadership skills when she was a neurotic mess for the entire episode?
Why does Trixie hesitate to admit she's made mistakes when she told a stranger she had been "completely and utterly evil" in No Second Prances?

All this is leaving aside the awful changeling redesign, the treatment of the show's entire previously relevant cast as excuses for someone else to save the day rather than characters, and the fact that even the designated heroes of the story barely get to do anything besides whining at each other. It's hard to think of an area in which To Where and Back Again didn't mess up. Even if ACW had carried the same number of errors in logic, it would still be far more entertaining.
>>
>>30507085
In what way are her appearances in this season worse than what we had in the last one?
>>
>>30507089
>How did the changelings get the main six, Shining Armor, and the Princesses from their homes to the hive miles away undetected?
The replaced them with their own drones so nobody was suspecting anything?
>Why didn't anyone stop Chrysalis from flying away, especially Discord, who had his power back by then and obviously wanted revenge?
He couldn've not cared enough.
>How did Discord and all of the animals in Fluttershy's house not notice her being taken?
Discord was in his own dimension. He doesn't live in Fluttershy's house.
>How did changelings manage to take Rainbow Dash unnoticed from a house that's floating in the air and therefore visible from far away?
They can turn into inanimate objects like stones, what's stopping a changeling from turning invisible?
>Why did Chrysalis see Spike as enough of a threat to capture, but not Starlight, who's more powerful and just as likely to spot the deception?
Because Starlight was away and Chrysalis didn't know where she was.
>How does an entire species never discover that they can produce their own food source?
By never being put in a situation where they could produce genuine love.
>Why is the victory over the changelings held up as evidence of Starlight's leadership skills when she was a neurotic mess for the entire episode?
Because you should re-watch the episode. She actually helped organise everybody and proved to be a fine leader.
>Why does Trixie hesitate to admit she's made mistakes when she told a stranger she had been "completely and utterly evil" in No Second Prances?
Because she know Discord would make fun of her with a 100% guarantee?

With how you're nitpicking, literally every two-parter can be pulled apart like that. Like, every single one.
Cont.
>>
>>30507089
>How did the changelings get the main six, Shining Armor, and the Princesses from their homes to the hive miles away undetected?

We know the princesses got captured overnight, no clue about the others tho

>Why didn't anyone stop Chrysalis from flying away, especially Discord, who had his power back by then and obviously wanted revenge?

duh storrloet must have her plot for the next season

>How did Discord and all of the animals in Fluttershy's house not notice her being taken?
Discord wasn't there and I don't think the animals could just go to ponyville and warn everyone by gesticulating
I agree on your first two points but this third one is nitpicking
>How did changelings manage to take Rainbow Dash unnoticed from a house that's floating in the air and therefore visible from far away?
It' the same thing you said in the first point
>Why did Chrysalis see Spike as enough of a threat to capture, but not Starlight, who's more powerful and just as likely to spot the deception?
She wasn't in Ponyville
And even if she forced Twilight to talk she THOUGHT Starlight was going to be in an isolated place for a few days

It's a bigger hole how the changelings didn't report to the queen that she had came back

>How does an entire species never discover that they can produce their own food source?

They had no one to love, every race hated them and they were a bee swarm so no love among them as well

>Why is the victory over the changelings held up as evidence of Starlight's leadership skills when she was a neurotic mess for the entire episode?

Uuuh... Both things are right
She was a neurotic mess for the entire episode but she leaded the team to victory
That's just it
>Why does Trixie hesitate to admit she's made mistakes when she told a stranger she had been "completely and utterly evil" in No Second Prances?

I think it was more OoC the one is No Second Prances than this honestly

>awful redesign
true

>no one outside of the main cast should save the day
nah
>>
>>30507089
>>30507210
> the treatment of the show's entire previously relevant cast as excuses for someone else to save the day rather than characters
Once again, this happened in every single two-parter since ACW. RoH was the last time Mane Six's personalities actually played a part in the plot of a two-parter. And the Princesses were characters exactly never. It's just that before that, Twilight was the only star of every two-parter, now it's Glimglam.
>and the fact that even the designated heroes of the story barely get to do anything besides whining at each other.
This is like saying that Mane 6 didn't get to anything in RoH. You're just spewing baseless generalisations at this point.
> It's hard to think of an area in which To Where and Back Again didn't mess up.
Being the first two-parter in a long time where the supporting cast actually showcases personalities? Yes, it sucks that everybody else has to be shown backwards, but this does not make TWaBA worse than any other season finale.
>>
>>30507218
Also I want to be clear, this was not a response with the purpose of proving you were wrong, I agree with a lot of what you said actually
>>
>>30507225
>shown backwards
shoved*
>>
>>30507210
>The replaced them with their own drones so nobody was suspecting anything?
So did they just pack the captured ponies into boxes marked "not suspicious" for transport?
>He could've not cared enough.
When he first heard they took Fluttershy, his reaction looked more like murder than not caring. Chrysalis hadn't given him reason to be forgiving since then, and it hadn't been a very long time.
>Discord was in his own dimension. He doesn't live in Fluttershy's house.
Doesn't explain the animals, or why Discord could spot someone talking about powerful magic, but not his friend being captured.
>what's stopping a changeling from turning invisible?
That's plausible enough, but did they turn Rainbow invisible too?
>Because Starlight was away and Chrysalis didn't know where she was.
Chrysalis actually said she thought Starlight wasn't worth capturing.
>By never being put in a situation where they could produce genuine love.
It seems implausible that they'd never try it. Are they all just naturally bad except Thorax?
>She actually helped organise everybody and proved to be a fine leader.
I have rewatched it, but all I saw was her suggesting that they do things others had just mentioned and telling them to stop fighting. She didn't do much to actually motivate or guide anyone.
>Because she know Discord would make fun of her
Discord wasn't there at the time, only Starlight was- the same pony she said the line I quoted to.

Normally I'd consider these nitpicks too, but there are a huge number of them, some vital to the plot, and the episode actually draws attention to things like Chrysalis not going after Starlight and Discord wanting revenge. They should expect people to notice, especially since most of these conflict with recent, highly related events. If they'd forgotten something from, for example, an Applejack episode three seasons back, that would be much more understandable.
>>
>>30507123
> Her graduation was all for nothing
> Forced conflict to make her look better
> In fact, better than the Mane6 as she's more forgiving and friendly than the fucking princess of Friendship, immediately understood Maud better than her own fucking sister and is a better (and stronger) adviser for Celestia and Luna than Twilight herself.

She still lacks a personality since all of her appearances are still written around the "Feels insecure" or "Does what a Mane 6 member failed to do kust because".
The staff already wasted a full season on her and and absolutely nothing of value came out from it. The present season already should have moved past that part but she's still stuck on the above mentioned issues, so at this point I'm considering her a complete failure not worth the time invested (and completely wasted) on her.

Maybe if she had been handled by more competent people everything could have been different, but at the end of the day, "Maybe" is still worth nothing.

Don't bother trying to reason, discuss, downplay or argue with me, because as I said, after 1 and 1/2 seasons of Starlight going nowhere, my opinion is final and not up to debate.
I just answered your question so you could know why I said what I said and that's it.
>>
>>30507398
>So did they just pack the captured ponies into boxes marked "not suspicious" for transport?
>That's plausible enough, but did they turn Rainbow invisible too?
They captured the Princesses, SA and FH at night. Then they could've had some changelings turn into pegasi and after taking out M6, fly them to the castle while not crossing Cloudsdale. That's headcanon, but the ep didn't really have time to explain, even without wasting it on songs.
>When he first heard they took Fluttershy, his reaction looked more like murder than not caring. Chrysalis hadn't given him reason to be forgiving since then, and it hadn't been a very long time.
Fluttershy'd been freed at this point already and Chrysalis couldn't do much damage alone.
>Doesn't explain the animals, or why Discord could spot someone talking about powerful magic, but not his friend being captured.
The animals couldn't really do anything. Discord simply decided to visit the pony dimension when it was already too late, he doesn't watch over it 24/7.
>Chrysalis actually said she thought Starlight wasn't worth capturing.
Then it just means she didn't have any spies for Starlight and never knew about her power. Besides, her power wasn't much help anyway.
>t seems implausible that they'd never try it. Are they all just naturally bad except Thorax?
It's not "bad", it's being a natural parasite. Thorax was born defective, yes. Maybe there were some others before him but they didn't survive.
>I have rewatched it, but all I saw was her suggesting that they do things others had just mentioned and telling them to stop fighting. She didn't do much to actually motivate or guide anyone.
Didn't Twilight do similar things when she was starting?
>Discord wasn't there at the time, only Starlight was- the same pony she said the line I quoted to.
You mean this?
>[hushed]Don't you ever tell another pony I said this, but even Trixie's made mistakes.[giggles]
This was obviously a throwaway gag, not supposed to be overanalyzed.
>>
>>30507225
>this happened in every single two-parter since ACW
I can agree that a lot of two-parters sideline the rest of the main six (though the others bar Twilght's Kingdom still gave them more to do than this, especially Cutie Map) but worsening the problem by adding Twilight to the list of expendable characters shouldn't be ignored. It's like if Harry Potter suddenly needed a new wizard character to do all the important spells for him- the same issues stand out more on someone you haven't gotten to know as well first.

>This is like saying that Mane 6 didn't get to anything in RoH
>the first two-parter in a long time where the supporting cast actually showcases personalities
This is part of the issue, actually. They didn't get enough of a chance to shine. Thanks to that out-of-nowhere magic-inhibiting throne, we don't get to see the sort of spectacle changelings previously guaranteed. The protagonists (except Trixie, who I'll admit was pretty good) had to resort to much less impressive methods than what we could have gotten. I understand powering down Discord a little since he'd break the story otherwise, but they'd spent a while giving us hints at what the rest of the group was capable of, with Starlight casting a lot of new magic and Thorax turning into everything from a rock to a pony he'd just made up earlier in the season. Why not let them show those powers off a little?

I just can't shake the feeling that the episode was limiting itself. It had maybe three good moments- Starlight and Trixie's interactions at the beginning, Trixie and Thorax working together to confuse the changelings, and Chrysalis smacking away Starlight's attempts to reform her- and the rest was a lot of weak excuses to ensure we spent screen time on things like Discord's stand-up routine instead of something exciting.

It's easier to tolerate flawed writing if it's done to lead into some kind of grand finale, like we got with Tirek or Midnight Sparkle, but not if it does the opposite.
>>
>>30507562
>I can agree that a lot of two-parters sideline the rest of the main six (though the others bar Twilght's Kingdom still gave them more to do than this, especially Cutie Map) but worsening the problem by adding Twilight to the list of expendable characters shouldn't be ignored. It's like if Harry Potter suddenly needed a new wizard character to do all the important spells for him- the same issues stand out more on someone you haven't gotten to know as well first.
I'm just saying it shouldn't make the two-parter look any worse than the others.
> Discord's stand-up routine
I actually thought stuff like this was okay, just like their interactions. Now we're just down to subjective interpretations. Plus without having her magic limited, Starlight might've just gotten the changelings with raw power too.
>It's easier to tolerate flawed writing if it's done to lead into some kind of grand finale, like we got with Tirek or Midnight Sparkle, but not if it does the opposite.
Yeah, the ending was somewhat anticlimatic, but I wasn't expecting an epic showdown to begin with.
>>
>>30507509
They captured the princesses and yet the sun and moon cycle wasn't interrupted at all?
Even Twilight, who had the power of 3 alicorns (plus her own) stuffed into her body had problems to make the sun appear at the end of S04.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.