[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know what I miss most about old MLP? The conflict. It used

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (125KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
125KB, 1280x720px
You know what I miss most about old MLP? The conflict. It used to be fun to sit down and watch an episode and chose your mare to side with.

There used to be so much more to it. Rainbow was a fucking shitbag cunt, Fluttersy was a useless, annoying retard, Pinkie was an air-headed spazz, and Rarity was a shallow slut-- a basic bitch if you will. AJ was stubborn and simple, and Twilight was the most normal one, even though she was a social autist.

But no matter what, if you chose a pony to side with there was always something to fight over, always something to defend. You couldn't love Rainbow without rationalizing her shitty attitude, for example. And everypony having aspects of their personalities to hate made it that much more fun. The episode is more fun if Rainbow acts like a narcissistic cunt, or Fluttershy acts as a source of conflict by crippling her friends' ability to accomplish anything.

I also miss the golden age of poops
>>
Sounds like you'd enjoy their flanderisation in recent seasons.
>>
>>30496736
Say what?
>>
>>30496736
That episode was trash though, the song makes it look like they're trying to go for a more nuanced lesson about bias (neither applejack's nor fluttershy's parts of the song showed the bats how they really are and the resolution is completely nonsensical, why is fluttershy right? Because twilight messed up her spell?
>>
>>30496736
As with everything else on this board "appreciation threads" and Generals killed all meaningful discussion. Hugboxes took over.

The feeling you're looking for can still be found in Glimmerfags to some extent (the "new Dashfags"), or in short-lived single character threads. Tempest Shadow thread was a great example, but you can already see the emerging "general" mindset in the second thread. (Which, in true General fashion, was created as soon as the first hit autosage, and is now being bumped for no justifiable reason).
>>
>>30496736
weren't episodes like this in the previous season?
Judging by this post you'd like 18 Pranks Later or PPOV, everyone is a stupid idiot in those
>>
>>30496736
So...you want episodes to be bad just so you can bitch?
>>
>>30496906
bats, like changeling episodes, are things that could have been good if the writers weren't retarded
>>
File: Surilda.png (292KB, 900x626px) Image search: [Google]
Surilda.png
292KB, 900x626px
This is why I love the bitchy characters so much. There's more to them.
>>
>>30496906
>>30497176
It's just a fucking picture. The discussion is supposed to be about what was in the text.
>>
>>30499122
That's what I replied to
I replied to the text, not the picture
>>
>>30496736

let's see here

>Celestial advice
Discord is a dick
>All Bottled Up
Trixie is a bitch
>A Flurry of Emotions
Flurry Heart was a brat
>Rock Solid Friendship
Pinkie was a bitch
>Fluttershy Leans In
alright you got me on this one, there wasn't a lot of conflict here
>Forever Filly
Rarity was a bitch
>Parental Glideance
Rainbow Dash was a bitch
>Hard to Say Anything
Big Mac acted like a douche because of the CMC
>Honest Apple
Applejack was a HUGE bitch
>A Royal Problem
Celestia and Luna were bitches to each other
>Discordant Harmony
nobody was acting like a cunt but the misunderstanding plot is classic MLP
>The Perfect Pear
Granny Smith and Grand Pear were giant assholes

I don't understand your post.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.