[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/PGG/ Pony Game general #4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: you can't code with hooves.gif (20KB, 243x184px) Image search: [Google]
you can't code with hooves.gif
20KB, 243x184px
Artificial Intelligence Edition

Previous Thread: https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/30359645/

ITT: Discuss pony games, game development, share your stuffs, anon!

>Question of the Day:
is a smart AI always better?

---

In-progress projects from the last thread:
>Paper-Mario-like platformer RPG
>Wargus freeware pony mod
>Un-named RPG(?) made in Unreal
>Town-building RTSRPG

---
>List of free-to-use resources:
https://pastebin.com/V6WUPG9s

Find/Submit/Discuss games:
>http://www.equestriagaming.net
>[email protected]
>http://mylittlegamedev.com
>http://discord.me/everfreegames

Lyra's List (game design docs):
>http://www.equestriagaming.net/2017/04/re-introducing-lyras-list.html
>>
>>30477829
>0 posts, page 9.
This is why we don't go to /mlp/.
>>
>>30477829
Only a couple weeks since the last thread? Damn. Feels like it's been a lot longer
>>
Anyone remember Super Lesbian Horse RPG? That was a quality game.
>>
>>30477829
>is a smart AI always better?
Hell no. Sometimes you want stupid.
You gotta apply your judgement as a game designer, and really ask what's best for a given scene/enemy/whatever.

>>30480794
Hell yes I do, and hell yes it was.
Shame nobody seems to give a shit about it. We've literally had a good pony RPG for years now, and no one cares.
>>
>>30480794
Yes, and the only good thing about it was the music
>>
>>30477829
>is a smart AI always better?
I thought so, but after reading this post I changed my mind
http://askagamedev.tumblr.com/post/76972636953/game-development-myths-players-want-smart
it's a really good blog btw, you should follow it
>>
File: 14172960185.png (115KB, 533x450px) Image search: [Google]
14172960185.png
115KB, 533x450px
Does anyone remember that one 3D horse platformer? You could collect hats and socks and stuff, there was a basic demo on their site and they really abruptly quit updating, but I haven't checked in nearly 2 years I think. I don't know the name or who made it.

Pic related, still saved from a thread years ago and the only picture I have of it.
>>
>>30482408
Yeah, never mind, found it right after I posted that. It was horse game by equidev.net if anyone was wondering, and it's still silent, so rest in piss.
>>
>>30482423
Horse Game is kill? Well that's a shame
>>
File: Screenshot (32).png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (32).png
2MB, 2560x1440px
learning to make the AI is way harder than I thought, but now I think I'm starting to get something...
just an AI that walks around if no one bothers it. not much but at least is a starting point...
right?
>>
>>30483893
>Fallout Equestria Dev
Hhhm?
>>
>>30483917
Where do you see that?
>>
>>30483972
Top right
>>
>>30483917
>>30483972
I'm not from the overmare studio, that's just the name I gave to the project
Becaust FalloutEquestriaDevelopment was too long for unreal engine
>>
File: 22686.png (1MB, 2780x1800px) Image search: [Google]
22686.png
1MB, 2780x1800px
>>30477829
I've played this so much already, I think the only pony I haven't gotten yet is Luna. It's so comfy and fun.

But it also makes me wonder; we don't have a real MLP dating sim, do we? I know Starswirl Academy was in/is in the works, but nothing beyond that? Wasn't Gentlecolts-something-or-other working on some shit?

I ask all this, because if I wanted to put something together, like a happy medium between Banned from Equestria, and something like Starswirl Academy/Katawa Shoujo, do you guys think it would be possible for one person?
>>
>>30485503
There have been plenty of attempts, but most people just give up eventually.

For one person it's going to be pretty hard, depending on how ambitious you are. For example Starwirl isn't something you could do alone unless you had tremendous autism-fueled determination and free time.

If you wan to try, I sincerely wish you the best, and I'll be happy to help if you need a hand on the coding side of things.
>>
>>30485503
I once tried to go full hentai on the 'pony visual novel' idea - it was based most directly on Monster Girl Quest.
I had a small team, but it would have been doable (if long and hard) with just us, were it not for the scope (we ended up with over 100 mares, all of whom had to have unique attacks and rape scenes), and the unfortunate lack of any artistic skill between us.
>>
>>30485540
Bump
>>
Regular checker: beep, beep, beep, "Shoppers card? Thank you" Beep, beep, beep,
Self checkout (On high volume) "HELLO WELCOME TO THE STORE!!! PLEASE SCAN YO>>>PLEASE REMOVE YOUR ITEM FROM THE BAG, CONTINUE SCANNING, HELP IS ON THE WAY!!!!"
>>
>>30485503
It would be pretty difficult to do on your own. You might have a rough plan of what to do, but that almost always fails once rubber hits the pavement. People don't like to hear this, but if you're serious about it, start out with a visual novel around one character, then two, then three. Start small, and work up. Most people think that a game is only worth doing if it's worth playing. And that's not always the case, especially when you're trying to learn
>>
>>30482423
it's still in development, evidenced as of a few months ago, you moron. stop fucking doompauling for no reason
>>30482792
>>
>>30485540
All right, I might need to rephrase my idea of a happy medium. I can't do much of anything aside from artwork and story writing, and even then, I'm not that good to begin with. So if anything, what I'm trying to do would be more akin to BFE rather than SA. I just envision using elements from both. So naturally, I would DEFINITELY appreciate some help getting the more technical stuff like coding down.

To give an idea, I want to keep the fun, ease of access elements BFE has, so simplicity is super important. I'm not trying to replicate it per say, but rather keep the values it had.

Now the difficulty therein lies with trying to make a respectable dating sim that has some substance to it at the same time. I have a vague idea of how I want the flow of the game/novel to go, like how you'd navigate the choices and story progression, how different character routes go, and I'd assume the details will work themselves out as time progresses... it's just getting that balance in an attainable way that I see as tricky.

This would be my first foray into making anything like this, if I haven't made that obvious enough, so there's also that.

>>30486913
That sounds like a really good idea. And doable.
>>
>>30487062
The website has had no updates since January of 2015. Pretty damn reasonable assumption, but good job making yourself look like a total jackass.
>>
>>30487444
>website is literally the only place ever to find any info and updates on the project
nice logic, dipshit
>>
>>30487444
>>30487799
Trips beat double dubs.
Project is officially dead.
>>
>>30486862
THIS
>>
>>30486862
Maaaaaan, fuck the new Giant SC system.
>>
>>30486862
I don't get it, are those designed for deaf people and elders?
and I've yet to see one that has a mute button or something to make it less noisy and faster
what's the point if it's not faster and less annoying than a human?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.