[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT:Things the show still hasn't developed well

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1466617.png (2MB, 1801x1780px) Image search: [Google]
1466617.png
2MB, 1801x1780px
>Cadence
She's just kinda there. The only interesting stuff about her are the stuff about her being a lost orphan. Something that's only brought once in a chapter book

>The magic Sun and Moon cycle
It used to make the world feel really mythical but after while it pales in comparison to what else the princesses can do and just feels like an afterthought at this point

>Pinkie Sense
Was only really relevant in the episode it was introduced in. Feels like they could do a lot more with it.

>Sweetie Belle
Literally all her episodes about her getting along with Rarity. Meanwhile, her interest and talent in singing still hasn't amounted to anything
>>
Bump for cartoon discussion.
>>
Yeah, Cadance, Trixie, Sunset and Starlight background episodes would be amazing. Too bad they will probably never happen because even if it's the best episode of series, you will still have hatedoms of each of these screeching loudly it's not canon or mary sue or OP or something.

Instead, we will get more episodes wasted on Maud, character about as appealing as her rocks, just because autists like her :|
>>
File: 164657444335.jpg (145KB, 774x663px) Image search: [Google]
164657444335.jpg
145KB, 774x663px
>>30475379
>Sunset
>>
>>30475379
>mary sue or OP
this literally only applies to starlight. Her existence basically retcons Twilight's role as being the most powerful and talented unicorn in existence to date given that she's not only hand picked by the Princess to by fer protoge, but her cutie mark is representative of magic as is her Element of Harmony. Then out f no where you have this random character that can match her as an Alicorn tit for tat, and the only way she was beaten was through a glorified speech check like this is Fallout or something.

This doesn't apply to Sunset however, because she never reached that level when she was under Celestia's wing, no pun intended and her magic capabilities have clearly diminished since she left Equestria.
>>
>>30475386
QED.

>>30475429
Except Trixie and Sunset did similar feats, and even Rarity after a slight powerup was more powerful than Twilight, TWICE (Nightmarity and that evil book power Spike found) but that criticism somehow only applies to Starlight.

This doesn't apply to Sunset? You forgot how she outwitted Twilight in magic in EG1 during her escape? Or knew more about Element of Magic than Twilight did despite never seeing it? Had Starlight did that, people would really lose their shit.

That was my point, each of these characters has big hate group nitpicking each plot point in their episodes, no matter if others also did these, only character X will be criticised...
>>
>>30475603
>Slight powerup
Yeah no.
>>
>>30475644
Either it was slight powerup and Twilight isn't as strong as stupid headcanons say, or Equestria is full of major artefacts created by some beings vastly more powerful than even princesses (seeing magic item is never stronger than the creator) giving huge upgrades to anyone giving them Celestia level strength.

Occam's Razor, ever hear of it, you idiot? I know which possibility I'd pick, especially seeing Twilight herself admitted in duel with Trixie spells meant for highest level unicorns are impossible for her to cast, something Twilight wankers try to ignore really hard.
>>
>>30475603
>Nightmarity
What?
>>30476122
Do you know that Twilight was, like, a unicorn back when she fought Trixie? Are you suggesting Rarity is still stronger than her or what? What's your point?
>>
>>30475379
>Instead, we will get more episodes wasted on Maud, character about as appealing as her rocks, just because autists like her :|
You do realize this could be said about any character ever? I, for one, couldn't give two shits about Cadence.
>>
Page 10 bump.
>>
>>30475603
>You forgot how she outwitted Twilight in magic in EG1 during her escape
And Twilight pulled the same move on NMM in the second episode. Does that make Twilight a Mary Sue for tricking a literal god
>Or knew more about Element of Magic than Twilight did despite never seeing it
Seeing how a large part of Sunset back story was that she was a brilliant student of Celestia, it makes sense that she had done research into the elements before. I can guarantee she had read that book that Twilight read in the first episode.
>>
>>30475429
>her magic capabilities have clearly diminished since she left Equestria.
What makes you say that?
We only saw her use magic once since she's been in the human world and that was her picking up a book. She just forgot she had magic for a second and once she remembered, she had no problem with her magic. It's probably like riding a bike. A little practice and she will be back at her old power level
>>
>>30473564
>Celestia's magic school
It's been sort of a background setting that plays a large part in the story's of Twilight, Sunset, Sunburst(Starlight be extension), Moondancer and all of Twilight's old friends in Canterlot.
I'd love to have an episode based around it and see more of how it's structured.
>>
>>30473564
Pinkie Sense comes and goes she has no control over it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.