[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is Canterlot financially sustainable?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: A_Canterlot_street_S2E9.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
A_Canterlot_street_S2E9.png
1MB, 1280x720px
How is Canterlot financially sustainable?
>>
>>30470243
Old money circulating with old businesses. No one really loses or makes money, it just goes round and round, like the pumping of a heartbeat. It's also why Rarity will never get her own boutique in Canterlot.
>>
Taxes from Earth pony peasants
>>
>>30470256
That would create a racial tention 100% absent in the show
>>
>>30470251
Mountains can't sustain a community, especially if it lives in luxury. They need to import stuff
>>
File: 633321.gif (4MB, 576x324px) Image search: [Google]
633321.gif
4MB, 576x324px
>>30470261
Are you sure about that?
>>
>>30470256
Actually that does bring something to mind... Do Pegasai have to pay property taxes if they live on clouds? That seems like a loophole for... pretty much anything. No need to follow building codes, house can be as big as you fucking want, since you're not actually on the ground you don't have land to own so... Can you put a price on air space if you can just move the house where ever the fuck you want?
>>
>>30470268
More like in Europe where old families own very old land for centuries and still rake in money just because they have their name on that said part of land or business.

Canterlot even looks European of sorts.
>>
>>30470243
It's not
Canterlot is built on unsustainable debt and the exploitation of the pony working class
>>
>>30470271
I don.t Dee the racial tentoon in that
>>
>>30470286
He is basically saying that the only quality Earth ponies have are their ability to work.
>>
>>30470268
Not really if some old family owns the export/import business and the farms and shit producing the goods going to Canterlot are owned by the old families in Canterlot. I'm sure wages are being paid, but since the business they go too are probably owned by the old families it's just curculating still. The money just goes round and round. And if that doesn't satisfy you, I'm sure that Blueblood and his family line have been spending vast amounts of the Royal allowance for centuries and making up the difference to any money that actually leave the circulation system.
>>
>>30470243
Magic. Unicorns can transmute bits using their magic.
>>
>>30470243
There's no serious explanation. It's either inconsistent fiction or their "economy" has no relation to any real world economics.
The rest of the headcanons in this thread have to ignore certain aspects of the canon to fit their view, it's much easier to just say they make everything they need with magic and do literally everything else for fun.
>>
>>30470304
How does that not crash the economy via inflation?
>>
>>30470304
2-3 Unicorns can do that. Unicorns like Twilight and Starlight. Not Unicorns like Trixie or Rarity.

Just because Twilight and Starlight and exceptional doesn't make them the norm of Equestria.
>>
>>30470278
Ponies like Filthy Rich would erode that away
>>
>>30470319
Baseless assertions.
>>
>>30470319
Oh boy, is it time for this argument again? Not that I disagree, but there seems to be a subset of people here who legitimately believe that every unicorn is a Twilight level wizard and just chooses not to use their magic.
>>
>>30470319
>Starlight
Memey Sue can fucking eat a brick, repeatedly. Fucking Element of Magic should be fucking pissed.
>>
>>30470315
How do you know it doesn't?

Apples struggle to make ends meet, despite having monopoly on farming in ponyville. Or despite the fact Filthy Rich grown wealthy selling a fraction of their produce. Really, the only fact explaining it is either inflation eating all profits between planting seeds and harvest (I can cite some real world examples) or ruinous land taxes...
>>
Equestria is distributist. Everyone aside from deadbeats like Zephyr Breeze has the means to be self-sufficient, whether it be from owning a business or a farm.
>>
>>30470304
>>30470315
>>30470319
>gold coins and bits are now a fiat currency
I mean, makes sense, considering how one bit is not that much in terms of buying power despite being a gold coin and Equestria doesnt look like the Spanish Empire after it mined all the gold.
>>
>>30470337
Filthy Rich sells more than just apples. He's shown to own a general store that has a little of everything, it's not much to assume that he just picks up whatever is cheap and waits for it to rise in price while peddling whatever he can in the meanwhile.
>>
Remember the gems? What was with that?
>>
File: IMG_2850.jpg (86KB, 740x870px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2850.jpg
86KB, 740x870px
>>30470251
>Rarity will never get her own boutique in Canterlot.
>>
>>30470319
>not Trixie
Teacup.
c\_/
>>
>>30470243
I'm no 'Murikan so forgive my assumptions, but...I've been told by my friendly Trump Supporter pals that California is a black hole who sucks the money of the rest of the country. Perhaps something along those lines applies to Canterlot on a lower scale?
>>
>>30470243
It's the tourist capital.
>>
>>30470243
The lesser races work the salt mines underneath
>>
>>30471560
How'd that work out?
>>
>>30471560
She made Photo Finish and Hoity Toity go to a filthy mud horse town to watch aspiring dress makers.
If anything she rents the place in Canterlot.
>>
>>30472235
It's still running, idiot?
>>
>>30470243
It's basically a giant amusement park. Most of the buildings are made out of little more than cardboard. Occasionally one of them will get blown over and make ponies nearby very confused and frightened until reassured with blankets and warm milk that everything is alright.
>>
>>30470251
>It's also why Rarity will never get her own boutique in Canterlot.
...?
>>
>>30470251
Just like she doesn't have one in Manehattin?
>>
Just remember. Airships/zeppelins, magic, and everything pegasus related are important variables.
>>
>>30470256
/thread
>>
>>30472260
:3
>>
>>30472235
Very well. She only considered closing because the boutique was being run in a way that conflicted with her principles as a dressmaker. In the episode "saddle row review" she's trying to open another store, and she directly mentions her other store as still being open. Therefore, we can conclude that her store in Canterlot is quite profitable.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.