[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you proud of your hatred of Starlight Glimmer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: TiredTwi.png (835KB, 812x792px) Image search: [Google]
TiredTwi.png
835KB, 812x792px
Are you proud of your hatred of Starlight Glimmer?
>>
I don't hate her. I don't think about her.
>>
>>30465069
You're a stalwart among ruffians but that doesn't count for much, sadly.
>>
File: 457457134.gif (2MB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
457457134.gif
2MB, 500x385px
i believe every character brings something enjoyable to the show.
>>
>>30464938
but I like Glimglam.
>>
When you confront a Glimshitter you usually get no actual response, they just run away to their next thread to shit up.
>>
>>30465444
>headcanon
>>
>>30464938
Ok listen, this is absolutely not the website to talk about this but I want to explain a bit
Now, I like the current show, just don't like Starlight
At the same time I have never spread hate for her character on this board, never defended her either

Now, we got a pretty nice villain (notice how no one complained about her OP magic when she was a villain, because they hadn't explained how yet) with a redemption at the end
Now, we're gonna ignore ppl who are mad at the redemption alone and consider who is mad at how it was handled
She got a pretty bland backstory which didn't explain a lot
It left a lot of holes
And then with a cute little nice speech she was ready to apologize without any punishment
and the ponies in her town forgave her in a song
The only explanation for a power capable of making Starswirl's spell better is "she studied a lot"
and she was on par with Twilight during that battle
ok.jpg
Then the Sunburst subplot was poorly resolved in the S6 premiere (which revolved half around her and half over a shitty menace about clouds and Flurry so yeah I wonder why they dislike that), she made Trixie come back which would have been nice if Twilight's IQ didn't drop there
She got an episode about her fucking up everything and brainwashing her friends while being oblivious that it was a bad thing
She stole the finale (which was actually a good finale), S7 premiere was "20 minutes of oh no Starlight is leaving but she doesn't" and Royal problem was about her fucking up again with OP magic without punishment
No need to mention how she has to tell about her village in every episode she's in like the audience is stupid
She's not a mary sue tho, she is OP, which is surely bad but a Mary Sue is another thing entirely
But yea I am proud I dislike her.

No one's gonna read it but whatevs
>>
>>30465550
>without any punishment
She was infibulated.
>>
File: 1493751109882.png (246KB, 1600x732px) Image search: [Google]
1493751109882.png
246KB, 1600x732px
>>30464938
It's always those ebil anti-glam wam tram bam van dam autists, isn't it, OP?

Not like it's the poochieniggers spamming and shitposting the board themselves, right?
>>
>>30465550
>She stole the finale (which was actually a good finale)

Nah, not really.
>>
>>30465853
>gets defensive
>this is in spite of the fact that most of the time Glimmer is ignored on sight without even considering the context
>>
>>30464938
>>30465069
>>30465078
>>30465082
>>30465149
Up to this point I recognise this entire thread's responses. Was this posted before a few days ago.
>>
>>30464938
Yes.
>>
>>30464938
No, I want her to not suck because I enjoy the show. She's just been a terrible character and it's taken a season and a half for me to think she's okay. Still worst of the main characters though.
>>
>>30464938
Of course!
>>
>>30464938
Do you think I LIKE hating Glim Glam? I wanted to like her, I really did. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized how shit she is, both as a character and as a plot device. An excellent villain redeemed way too soon, and the writers have done nothing with it to suggest Starlight is actually sorry.

Which brings me to my headcanon (and the only way Poochie can be salvaged as a character tbqh): Glimmer never actually changed. She's biding her time and gaining everyone's trust, so she can betray it later on in spectacular fashion.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.