[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

think its still the point of the movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

in the script that meghan sent to sony, there were three macguffin stones: Aeros, ignis and aquos.

Now, in the trailer, Queen novos has a glowing red orb for her magic, and tempest has a glowing green one for hers.
Think that maybe the 3 macguffin stones are still the point of the movie, and the second half will be a race to get the last elemental stone?
>>
furry shit
>>
>>30462869
Yes, it's not uncommon for some elements from previous drafts to make it into the final product, albeit altered in some way. Princess Skystar is likely Princess Water Lilly from the 1st draft too.
>>
File: 1498743760969.png (902KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1498743760969.png
902KB, 480x480px
>>30462869
They still dropped the best part of the script like Alicorn city, alicorn villain and Longma so fuck them and their furry writers.
>>
>>30463735
Eh, I think something that lore heavy should be in the show. The movie is meant to attract general audiences so a standard adventure flare is needed.
Here's hoping they salvage Cosmos for S8 or 9.
>>
>Sea Ponies
I expect at least one Shoo-be-doo Shoo-shoo-be-doo to make it into the movie.
>>
I assume the cat race has Ignis somehow. Would make more sense if it were the dragons, or at least other lizard people or something.
>>
Also Tempests glowing green stone is Misfortune Malachite. Stolen from Panthera.
>>
>>30463879
The cats had a glowing green stone stolen from them by the Storm King in the comics. It might be the green orb we see Tempest kick in the trailer.
>>
>>30463735
>Alicorn city, alicorn villain
>actually wanting more alicorns
we have two too many already faggot, fuck off
>>
File: 1498218014837.jpg (13KB, 261x192px) Image search: [Google]
1498218014837.jpg
13KB, 261x192px
>>30464792
You are aware that many fans want to know the past of Celestia and Luna and Starswirl?? That they want to know where are they coming from??

Why are you confusing toy insertion of Cadance and Flurry and actual lore exploration?
>>
>>30463735
brother cosmos would've been shit and you know it
>>
File: 990.gif (605KB, 500x311px) Image search: [Google]
990.gif
605KB, 500x311px
>>30465615
Implying it woudn't be him in pony version with powers of a Alicorn who dwell in dark magic.
>>
>>30463735
Nothing of value lost.

Just imagine the outrage that the raped alicorn-lore would generate. Or the metric shitton of Ayyylicorn OCs.

No, thanks. The Alicorn lore / Starswirl arc could be explored without that leaked Sony-mail nonsense.

I'm so happy that the first story-plan was trashed.
>>
>>30465689
And the MOvie will fail to both impress the loyal fanbase or make original story for the newcomers to hook em up. There is no lore exploration within this movie, now. They just get the main characters and move them out to a new land where they will never return in either tv series or another movie. THe audience will not give a shit about it.
>>
>>30465637
I can smell the black and red color scheme from here
>>
>>30463894
Could have multiple names though. Its not uncommon in fantasy works for objects to be renamed by different races as they pass around due to ignorance of their true nature.
>>
File: Twitwi.jpg (53KB, 604x593px) Image search: [Google]
Twitwi.jpg
53KB, 604x593px
>>30465715
I didn't even mentioned the new movie... Also, you're making conclusions of the production from a one minute long trailer and some gossip on the internets.

That's not how you go against somebody's opinion, Anon.
>>
>>30465715
>>30466261
No, he has a point.
The show has a few very definitive and core concepts at its center: the elements of harmony, alicorns, and a few interlocking things like celestia, luna, Starswirl the bearded and everfree forest.

The movie explicitly is sweeping all that aside to make it appeal to normies who've never seen the show before and have no idea of anything about MLP apart from "there's ponies".
As such, what can fans expect from the movie? The "big" things that fans have been clamoring for and begging for information on won't appear in the movie: the tree of harmony, elements, alicorn info, all that, not a single bit will appear. Likewise, the mane six will almost assuredly, apart from twilight, be swept under the rug and used in only the most cookie cutter fashion (think Equestria girls level characterization) to give a very cardboard cutout dump of them to normies, and to spare time for focusing on the new characters (Pirates, seaponies, ect.)

Additionally, the villain will be from OUTSIDE equestria and never have been mentioned before (or mentioned again no doubt), and the movie will explore places outside the world that will never be mentioned again as well.

If you're a longtime fan, there's alot to be worried and upset about, as its not really a celebration of FIM, its just an attempt to cash in on the MLP name for normies instead with FIM as a rider to get current fans into seats.
>>
>>30466786
I'm not so sure. On any of your points. While the furries will no doubt get their fair share of screentime, I still think the mane6 will get a fair deal of purpose and screentime. Just look at Dash in the trailer, her sonic rainboom, friendship with Celaeno, etc. even small details like her pushing the balloon.

A villain from outside Equestria is almost standard. Chrysalis, Sombra, Tirek, even Discord was never even hinted at before S2.

Personally I don't find the tree or elements all that interesting either. The elements especially are a button you push, and then you win. No, for a full-length movie the focus has to lie elsewhere. Outside Equestria is as good a place as any, because there are a LOT of interesting places outside. Griffons, Frozen North, Badlands, etc.
>>
>>30463735
season 8 story arc when meghan returns?
>>
>>30469415
I hope so, but I'm sceptical. The show becomes a harder sell to networks if you need a movie to understand the jump from S7 to S8. At most they might borrow a few elements, and I'm hoping Tempest is one.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.