[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Frostbitten (CYOA) #21

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: Unfocus.png (239KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Unfocus.png
239KB, 1000x1000px
https://www.anonpone.com/frostbitten/

[1/2]

Fear wraps itself around your body. Tense and anxious, you try not to freak out over the tall, ominous pony you just witnessed. The brown and red bandages covering it's face, it's crushing gaze upon you. The mere thought makes you shudder, and you only saw it for a moment at most. You imagine Misty felt the same way as she walked with you to Wallace's door. The experience left her with a shaken look on her face. A feeling of guilt came across your body as you wished to help in some way, but you weren't sure how without sounding awkward or insincere. You doubt an “I'm sure that was nothing.” would do any good.
You reach the intersection between the hospital wing, the machine room, and the administration room. Guiding your gaze towards the medical section, you feel uneasy. Just looking at the door made you feel uneasy. You know how heavy duty the door keeping it sealed is, but if something were to go wrong...
>Chance?
You snap out of your stupor.
“Huh? Yeah, what's up?”
>You alright? You kinda just stared off into space for a while.
“Yeah, I've just been thinking of a lot of things.”
>You need to settle down, Chance. You're brain's gonna burst from all that thinking you're doing.
“You calling me stupid?”
You make sure to say in as sarcastic of a tone as you can. Misty reacts with the usual eye roll.
>For real though. I know we just saw a weird, creepy, tall pony, but I get the feeling it's just observing for now. Maybe it'll try to help us?
“Maybe,”
You scoff;
“But knowing the fickle luck of my cutie mark I'd doubt it.”
>Luck wouldn't be luck if there was never any doubt, right?
You pause for a moment.
“And again, you got me there.”
>I've always got you.
“How romantic.”
>Oh pfft.
You two smile at eachother before you break the silence.
“Hug time?”
>Please.
And with that, you're in her embrace once again. It's the only genuine warmness you've felt in a long time. You let it last as long as it could.
>>
>>30461553

[2/2]

“Now, Let's go yell at Wally for a bit. And get some sleep too.”
>Sleep sounds amazing right about now...
With slight metallic squeak, you open the door to Wallace's current abode. The abode's owner in question is in a chair bent over, face down on his desk. He slowly lifts his head. This pony in front of you looked...awful. The whites of his eyes are cracked with red, the eyes themselves showing signs of crying. Wet streaks went down his cheeks. He looks at you with a squinted, pained look.
>Oh. It's you two. Hi.
He manages to stutter out slowly.
>Hey... are you feeling okay? Not trying to sound like an ass or anything, but you're looking a little rough, Wallace.
He inhales deeply before responding.
>It isn't my place to say.
“We want to help.”
>So do I. So let me. Sleep here, show me whatever you want to show me, keep your stuff here, whatever. Just because help you two doesn't mean you need to be my therapists. Besides, I don't really want to talk about it with anyone. Let alone the two of you.
That was sort of hostile. Surely he didn't mean to come across like that though, right?
>So. What do you two need?
>>
>>30461560
Let's get comfortable, there's plenty to talk about.

Out of this city. But more immediate, I'd like to sleep. Say Misty, think there's someway you could get a vehicle working? You think Peach and guy I've forgotten the name of are ok?

I've forgotten what we were doing.
>>
>>30461638

[1/3]

“Out of this awful city. But if we're talking short term, some sleep would be nice after I talk with Misty about some things.”
>Make yourself at home, if you can.
And that seems to be his last word as his head dips onto the desk once more. Misty and yourself sit down on two blue bedrolls that were set up on the floor. You take the liberty of taking off everything you're carrying, including the strange lantern and tablet you found in that freaky hospital. You figure you'll ask him about it in the... morning? This storm isn't good for your sense of time. Hard to know what time it is when everything is white. In any case, you hope he'll be in a better mood when you wake up.
“So Misty, do you think you could get a vehicle of some kind working if you had all the materials needed for it?”
>Hmm, I've never done anything like that before. But I'm sure I might be able to do it if I had some help from a pony who knew more about it. Think Peter would know? Or you, Wallace?
>Unless it's a boat, no. And Peter doesn't know shit about anything like that. Nor Philip.
“Speaking of him, you think he and Peach are okay, Misty?”
>Maybe if they've gone inside the ice wall. I doubt that old shack outside of it could handle a storm like this.
“Yeesh. Maybe we should check on them before we finish up that job Peter gave us. But the city center sounded intimidating, even before the black mist covered it.”
>We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. For now though, I want some sleep.
“Yeah...good idea. Night Wallace.”
He doesn't respond. Perhaps he was already sleeping despite just answering one of your questions.
>>
>>30461816

[2/3]

http://vocaroo.com/i/s13TQryIQ8YW

You and Misty get comfortable in the bedrolls you were given. Well, as comfortable as one could be without any blankets or pillows. You thought the bed in Misty's place was far superior.
You miss it.
But this place wasn't that bad. The dim red lights gave you a bit of comfort somehow. The actual air-conditioned room had a nice air to it, and it was silent. You felt... at peace here. It was a strange feeling of course. But you didn't mind it. Not one bit.
You say your goodnights to Misty and before long, you're drifting off into a peaceful sleep, surprisingly unhindered by nightmares.
>>
>>30461826

[3/3]

...But it was hindered by something else. You suddenly wake from your slumber for seemingly no reason. The room is silent besides the soft breath of Misty sleeping next to you, and the soft noise of wind outside.
You're tired even though you had just been sleeping.
You look around the room for any disturbance of any sort, and try to remember any nightmares that could've caused this, drawing a blank on both attempts.
And then it happens. The wind outside slows to a halt.
You get up from the bedroll, misty making soft grunts as she stretches out.
>...Chance? Is there something wrong?
“The wind outside stopped.”
>And? Maybe the storm is over.
"I thought it was going to last for a lot longer than that."
>Well if you wanna check be my guest. I think I might actually be too tired to move though.
She yawns to confirm this.
>>
>>30461842
Ok, I'll check it out.

Grab a gun just in case.

Thanks for the recap.
>>
>>30461891

[1/2]

“Well, alright then. I'll grab the Etcher just in case.”
>Just come back soon...
“I will, trust me.”
You take the gun along with the saddlebag to hold it in with you. You don't want to take any chances with this. Opening the door as quietly as possible, and slipping into the main halls of the prison, you slowly make your way toward the front door. Nobody seems to be around or awake, and that sort of freaks you out. You've never thought of how lonely it is to walk around without another pony walking beside you. You try not to let that take your mood downhill, though. It wouldn't hurt to be optimistic for once.
To the doors you trot, hoping that the storm that plagued the city has finally ceased. Sliding the heavy metal door to the side, and opening the door behind, you take a few steps outside. The storm was, in fact, gone. What replaced it however made your eyes widen in a mixture of fear and confusion.
The sky was pitch black, but not with any sort of cloud. The sky itself was completely dark, not a star or moon in the sky. The temperature felt...warm. Skyscrapers stretched to the skies, covered in snow and ice, along with almost everything in sight. You run further outside so that you can see the sea, and are surprised to see the entirety of the water has frozen over.
The sky began to brighten into a dark grey, then darken back to black again. It switches from grey to black faster and faster until it hurts your eyes to watch. Holding a hoof to your eyes, you cringe as the wind begins to pick up once more.
>>
>>30462039
And then it stops.
Lowering your hoof and looking out into the horizon, you see the sky has returned to normal. The temperature has returned to the normal chill, and the sky has returned to the dark blue of the morning. The buildings and surroundings, however, are still coated with ice and snow. It was as if what happened within the last 5 minutes never happened at all, even though the storm did.
You feel like puking. You rush back into the building, and when you burst in the door of Wallace's room, Misty looks up at you.
>Are you okay? What's wrong?
>>
>>30462046
Please tell me that I'm having some sort of weird dream and not going insane.
>>
>>30462176

“Please tell me I'm having some terrible dream and I'm not actually going insane.”
She gets off of her bedroll and gives you a quick jab in the shoulder.
“Ow! What was that for?”
>Well, you're not dreaming.
“I thought you were supposed to pinch yourself to figure that out.”
>Yeah, but the only way to pinch you would be with my teeth, and no offence, but after crawling around a death-infested hospital I'm not sure I want to have my mouth anywhere near you.
“Okay, we should've had showers, I get it.”
>So what are you freaking out about?
“I... I don't know what I just saw out there. The sky was completely black, then it started flashing, then it changed back to morning in the way it was before the storm even happened, but the signs of the storm were still there, and-”
>Woah, woah, calm down.
She gently places her hoof on the shoulder she jabbed.
>I didn't see what you saw, but I'm sure it's nothing to freak about. Did a monster horde come out of the city?
“I... no?”
>Did an atom bomb go off? Did another cloud of darkness pop up?
“No.”
>Well if everything's back to the way it was but just a little frostier, what's the problem? Sounds like a plus to me. Though it makes me wonder if Pitchurst is behind the weather too. And if that's true, we...may be in a bit more trouble than we realized if they have that much power.
“See why I'm freaking out?”
Wallace speaks up, startling both of you.
>I don't see why you have to do it here. Gosh you two are loud.
>Sorry!
Misty looks from the tired-sounding stallion to you, the tired-looking stallion.
>Well...What plans do you have for today? If it's morning, than we have all day to do stuff.
>>
>>30462046
I... I saw the sky going crazy.

Explain what you saw.
>>
>>30462253
Lets ask him about the stuff we found.
>>
>>30462307
This.

Also ask him about the Pastwalker.

>>30462253
Oh yeah, the sea is frozen over aswell.
>>
>>30462258
>>30462307
>>30462317

“I know. Hey, I have stuff to show you, Wallace.”
>Yeah?
“Yeah.”
>Fine. I hope this is quick.
Grabbing the tablet and lantern, you set them both on the desk. Wallace slowly raises his head. Then, his head perks up quickly.
>...You've gotta be kidding me.
“Is that bad?”
Wallace takes the tablet in his hooves and looks it over with a determined look on his face. He shakes his head.
>You have got to be fucking kidding me.
“I ask again.”
He gently sets the tablet down and pushes it across the desk in your direction.
>I could tell you all about that tablet. About what it means, about what it symbolizes... But I'm going to have to ask you to show this to Peter.
He says this with resentment in his voice;
>He'll be able to tell you all about it.
You retrieve the stone from him, deciding not to argue.
>As for this lantern, I'm honestly not sure. It's not a relic made by the Taker, nor by any others.
He takes the cloth off of it and stares, regretting it almost immediately as the nausea sets in on him. Putting the cloth back on and taking a deep breath, he continues.
>But I definitely get bad feelings from this thing. Keep it with me and I'll see what I can find out. You find any pieces of a boat anywhere by chance?
“No, and even if we did it looks like the sea's frozen over. Somehow I forgot to mention that earlier.”
>No matter. Ice always melts.
“So what now?”
>I suggest going to Peter. And you might want to hurry, while you were gone he had an accident. Something about his lungs. He's in his room as always but they've got him hooked up to a bunch of machines.
“Geez. Alright. One last thing, though... can you tell me anything about the Pastwalker?”
His eyes shrink.
>N-No. I can't. Not right now.
He's visibly distressed by the mere mention of him...
>Just leave the lantern with me and go show Peter the tablet. Or do something else. Just...go. Please.
>>
>>30461553
>#21
>tfw you want to join a cyoa but the story is already so developed and long that you don't have time to catch up and joining mid way would just make things seem worse
:(
>>
>>30462408
Let's go, Misty. Hate to imagine what Wallace has gone through, huh? At least I have somebody to share my pain with.

Go to Pete.

>>30462419
I can guarantee you it's a great read.
>>
>>30462408
Sure if that helps. Do you want to come with Misty or would you rather let me talk with Peter and relay everything to you? I know how much you dislike him, but this may be important.
>>
>>30462419
>>30462438
>>30462452

[1/3]

“Okay... If that helps.”
You take the tablet and, with Misty in tow, leave the poor stallion to himself.
“Hey Misty?”
You ask in the hall outside the room.
“Do you think you should stay somewhere else while I go talk to Peter? I know how much you dislike him, so I could just relay everything to you after.”
>Honestly, I was kind of hoping you'd say that. You'd really do that?
“Of course. I understand.”
She lets a forlorn smile overtake her face and hugs you. You hold onto her for a good half minute before letting go.
>Come back soon.
“Always will.”
It hurts to leave her again so soon, but it's worth it to keep her from being so angry at him again. It's not long before you reach the door of Peter's room once again. You knock three times and slowly enter.
>Who is it?!
A pained and surprisingly elderly sounding voice shouts.
“It's Chance.”
>Oh... come in.
You creep in the doorway, and walk over to his desk. He's facing the direction opposite of you, and looking out into the frozen sea from his giant window. A heart rate monitor beeps regularly as he breathes into a mask hooked up to a big machine.
>I should really keep that door locked...
He turns around, and what you see isn't what you expect. The once slightly elderly face of Peter has changed into that of a stallion much older. It's as if he aged five years in a day's time.
>Misty didn't come with you. I understand.
“Peter, What happened to you?”
>My body is betraying me... failing me. It started with my lungs, but it's spread to every part of my body. You're disgusted, I can tell.
“No, no, I'm just surprised. Are you going to be alright?”
>Doctors say the chances are very low.
He breaks into a coughing fit for a few seconds before continuing.
>They didn't give me much long to live. The years are finally catching up with me.
The two of you sit in silence, avoiding eye contact with each other. He then turns around to look at the sea again.
>>
>>30462720

[2/3]

>When I was a child, back before the collapse, back before everything got so complicated, I sat on the beach looking out into the ocean. A pony I can't remember told me that the sea has been there long before you even existed, and how they would still be there long after I was gone. And that terrified me. To think that in a single moment, my life as I know it would cease to exist, and I would be nothing but a lone hoofstep imprint in a sea of a million just like mine. Might as well just not exist at all by that point.
“Sounds like whoever told you that was a bit of a rude pony. Who just tells a kid that?”
The stallion in front of you softly laughs.
>I could tell you were the type. Maybe I'm just being an over dramatic old man.
His voice begins to shake.
>If my time here had been extended, I could've learned a thing or two from you.
The silence returns. For the longest time, neither of you know what to say. Peter, however, breaks the silence once again.
>...What did you come to my room for, Chance?
“Well... I came to give you this. Wallace said you could tell me about it.”
You set the stone on the table. Peter turns to look at it. He gasps, taken aback by the sight.
>I...
His mouth begins to quiver.
>That bastard knows... I didn't think I'd be seeing this for a long time. But here I am near the end of my time on this planet and I have everything I hate about myself staring me right in the face.
“What do you mean?”
Tears begin to well up in his eyes, but he wipes them away with his hoof.
>I can't. Not right now.
“What?!”
>>
>>30462726

[3/3]

>I want you to leave, Chance. I want you to leave and I don't want to see you again until I'm truly on my last legs. You'll know when that happens and I'll make sure of that, but I need you to leave.
What is it with everypony asking you to leave them alone recently?
“Are you sure about this?”
>You're somewhat of an outsider, but already people have been talking about how you and Misty saved that one Stallion. If I ask for you, they'll listen. I just hope you will too.
“Okay... I hope you get better.”
You begin to leave before Peter stops you one last time.
>And Chance? Tell Misty I'm sorry. I care about her very much. I wouldn't even consider giving her that necklace if I didn't.
“What does it do, anyway?”
>It blocks William's magic. I know him well enough but he doesn't know that. Do me a favor and don't let it go to waste.
“I won't.”
And with that, you leave the stallion to his devices.
After you left the room, you would never admit that you were so shaken up by the conversation that you went to the public bathroom and silently cried in one of the stalls before returning to Misty.

That's it. All I can do.
I'll try my best to find a way to get to you in the future, but for now, unless you wanna discuss the quest, let the thread die. All I can say is, as always, thank you so much for playing and being patient.
>>
>>30462742
I gotta say, it was a real treat to play again. Certainly hope you come back again soon.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.