[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cirquesque CYOA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 485
Thread images: 16

File: 040.gif (1MB, 319x191px) Image search: [Google]
040.gif
1MB, 319x191px
>Catch up on https://www.anonpone.com/cirquesque/
>Last thread: >>30412333

"Oh! Yeah, I almost forgot." You laugh abashedly.
"So what are you?"
"I am a dragon?"
"Try again, boyo."
"I am an anti hero?"
Herb just deadpans.
"I am... bad?"
"Can't be much." He gestures with his wing for you to talk louder.
"I am bad!"
"Louder!"
"I am bad!"
"Now roar!"
"Wait what?"
"Boyo."
"Uh. Rawr?"
"Whatcha sayin, Far away? Can't hear you."
You try to roar louder. He gestures with his wing again, so you do it even louder.
"Good for a start, now go for that cloud and inspire some shock and awe."
"I'll try to." You trot to the door, but he grabs your tail.
"You won't 'try', Leaf. Do or bust." He says plainly.
"I'll do it." You nod nervously, nervousness climbing up your gut, and open the door to fly to the ceiling and grab some of the cloud in the pot.
You cringe when it touches your back, but the reflex muscle spasms do their work and redirect the charge to your feather tips-- a shower of sparks that makes your back feel slightly numb.
"Now roar!" Shouts Herb from below.
You open your mouth to roar, but can't emit a sound when you realize a foal or two are watching you curiously.
>>
>>30455419
FUCKING DO IT YOU WORTHLESS SACK OF SHIT!
ARE YOU A BITCH OR YOU A DRAGON!
I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER YOUR PANSY ASSED WHINNING.
LOUDER MAGGOT! LOUDER!

OR at least deeper. Deep and loud.
>>
>>30455419
>you realize a foal or two are watching you curiously.
Do something already. I'm thinking it. Herb is thinking it. Those foals are thinking it.
Heck even Shia LaBeouf is thinking it.
If you actually manage to scare some foals? Good. Then that'll be all the more convincing.
>>
>>30455419
Too late now, Leaf. Do it.
>>
>>30455419
Tell them they might want to cover their ears.
>>
>>30455419
https://youtu.be/cF2duVczkvQ
>>
>>30455793 >>30455926 >>30456173
>>30456298 >>30456311
You gulp, telling yourself that it's too late now, you are in and might as well go all the way through...
Doesn't people say that bravery starts as bravado?
"You might want to cover your ears," You try to fake it as well as you can, hoping that you'll believe it sometime soon. and take a deep breath.
DearTwilightYouLookSoRidicolousRightNow--
You roar loudly -trying to use your belly like you heard it's proper- and keep it for as long as you can, eyes closed shut.
"What in the Styx' climbing up your ass?" Asks Sea loudly from her cottage.
>>
>>30456809
Yell back that you're practicing a scary roar!
>>
>>30456809
SORRY. I WAS TRYING TO GET INTO CHARACTER.
I mean, I was trying to get into character. Was I any good?

Once Leaf is done with "roaring" practice, he should move onto shooting lighting. Then doing both.
It seems weird to do, but hey it's for the act.
>>
>>30456809
T-try not to cry. You gave it your best and that's all that matters. R-right?
Ask for Herb's opinion. How bad was it? Does he have any tips? Any exercises to help?

Good lord Leaf is Fluttershy trying to be assertive.
>>
>>30456809
My goddess Herb. What did you make me do. Maybe the crack of thunder could mask my war cry.
>>
>>30456809
I know what will fix this building more muscle mass. Gonna need some beans, fish and veggies.
>>
Make a fuck ton of clouds. Don't even store them. Just leave them floating around so when people see them they'll think 'wtf is goin on?'
>>
Maybe sea has some tips.
>>
>>30456809
I keep hearing about this Styx. Is there any knowledge from Leaf's world? Is this something universal? The human Greek mythology? Other?
>>
File: file.png (61KB, 313x414px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
61KB, 313x414px
>>30456828 >>30456996 >>30457008
>>30457180 >>30458435 >>30458757
>>30458993 >>30460378
"Uhm." You land on the ceiling.
"We's practicing the acting, missy." Says Herb, irritated.
"Ah." She falls completely silent.
"Uhm." You are sure no one can hear you, so quietly you say it, but the uttering still comes out unimpeded.
"Only 'ah'?" Demands Herb.
"What else?"
Herb rubs the space between his eyes "Don't you know anything about stage manners?"
"Probably more than you do, yes."
At least you tried your best, right?
"Boy's still learning, girl." Herb hops closer to her hut.
"I noticed."
"Ye know what, girl, I am wondering if you actually acted all that much." He says casually.
"I pulled practiced skill out of my ass. Sure."
"You sure it didn't climb back in?" Asks Herb sweetly.
"Did I do that bad?" You ask, then realize you did so too quietly for anyone to hear so you repeat it.
"You did it, boyo. We'll get there." Says Herb, turning back to Sea quickly.
"I busted, didn't I?" You say. "Do or bust."
"Way to miss the point." Says Sea, "Do or bust means that either you do it or you panic."
>>
>>30461076
Oh okay. So doing it badly still isn't busting. That's good, at least.
>>
>>30461076
Time to whimper a little bit.
>>
>>30461076
Start celebrating your small victory.
>>
>>30461076
Cute horse chef/farmer

So what Seaweeds acting skills are a part of her mysterious past or something?
Damn. Why does everyone have mysterious pasts obscured by riddled words n' shit? Why can we be mysterious too?
Leaf the super secret Pegasus wizard or some shit. Or drug dealer. I don't know how corrupt the city he lived in was.
>>
>>30461076
>uses a "c" shaped frown instead of a typical scrunchy face
>>
>>30461099 >>30461131
>>30461134 >>30461603
You glide down near them, grass brushing your hooves for an instant before you land.
"Bustin's the worst part, Leafy boy." Herb hops aside from your landing, "Just don't thing of the audience, willya?"
"Is that what you do?" You whimper.
"I tell stories because people's there, Leaf." He says as if it was obvious.
"Uhm." You turn to Sea. "And you?"
"The audience isn't there." She says after a moment.
"Huh?"
"Theater is not acting, Far away. Theater is being."
"You take acting very seriously, don't you?" She doesn't answer, so you add. "Is this part of your mysterious secret past?"
"I don't give a damn about that, Leaf." She says drily.
>>
>>30462062
Cont. acting lessons with Herb, then make some clouds to replace the one you extracted from th3 clay pot and some to water your grass. I do not know how slightly salinated water has to be to the point where it will kill the grass.
>>
>>30462062
There's really nothing in your past that you give a damn about? That's good I guess.
>>
>>30462062
I just sometimes feel like I want to learn more about you. Sorry, maybe I'm too curious for my own good sometimes.
Go back to practicing with Herb.
>>
>>30462079 >>30462627
>>30462101
"There's nothing you care about?"
She doesn't answer.
"I just feel curious sometimes." You dig the ground.
"Why."
"I want to learn more about you?"
You don't expect her to answer. Her lips flutter open for a split second, but she doesn't.
"I'll go back to practicing." You nod to yourself, cringing, then turn around. She doesn't stop you then either.
"Now you try another roar, yes?" Says Herb, "Real loud."
"I am not sure about that." You say uncomfortably.
"What kind of dragon doesn't roar?"
"One that's too civilized and up his ass for something as brutal as that." Says sea mater-of-factly.
>>
>>30463178
I know what'll boost our confidence. Some booze. Let's hit the market for a bottle and come right back. Enough to get buzzed.
>>
>>30463178
What if we ask an actual dragon how to roar?
No? Probably a dumb idea. Does Leaf have everything planned for lunch, dinner and breakfast?
>>
>>30463178
Maybe in order to give a good roar we need to be angry instead of confident. So let's try to think about things that makes us angry like ponies cutting in line and going to the store and finding out the last ice cream was sold out.
>>
>>30463230 >>30463502 >>30464318
You look at her for a moment, trying to figure out if that was an insult or a suggestion, but decide to not think about it, "Maybe if I was angry?"
"With how stressed you already are?" Asks Sea flatly.
"Maybe you can use the stress instead?" Adds Herb after a moment in a conciliatory tone.
"I don't know…"
"A valve is always useful, yes?"
You scratch the ground again, considering it nervously. Roar your stress out…
Can't hurt to try, right?
Even when the feeling is becoming -sickeningly- familiar to the point of being hard to notice, you can still focus on it- a weight on your gut, a certain tightness climbing up your throat, and a sort of headache that only seems to be there if you think about it. You focus on it, collecting it like you would your tenderness when gardening, and utter- no, vomit it out.
Your frustration.
Your want to deny and reject this all.
Your fear, your self questioning.
Your inadequacy.
And among it all, you find it- you shout your anger, your rebelling against this all; the deep, acheful indignation all this injustice produces in your Equestrian soul. The same rebelling that made it impossible for you not to fight the worm on the sea, the same rebelling that you are too much of a coward to act on. The same frustration and rebelling that, even, you can't help feeling so strongly towards Sea so often.
You find your throat sore when you are done, some time later.
"You…" Starts Herb carefuly, "You might want to clear your eyes, boyo."
They are still closed, but you do just that. There's some humidity on them.
"I got to go." You say without thinking, forcing your eyes open.
"Somewhere in particular?"
"Don't know." You turn around and just walk off your lawn. Neither Herb or Sea or the Star chase you to the streets, and you are thankful for that.
A drink, you decide after a few streets. You need a drink before anything else.
"Leaf?" Asks Natan, troting to you with Nitz on his head. "Is anything amiss?"
>>
Bomp
>>
>>30464688
Everything for me at least. I'm getting a drink, would you like to accompany me?
>>
>>30464688
Just feeling a bit off. I'll be fine after some time. Do you know where they sell alcohol around here?
>>
>>30464688
What no. No. Just a little stressed is all.
>>
Things could always be better.
>>
>>30464688
Hi you guys. How have you been?
Me? Oh I'm fine. Just looking for something to wash away the fears and doubts, but I'm too afraid to do that.
>>
What did I miss since last thread? Herb seems to have picked up an accent and Leaf is now the male equivalent of Fluttershy.
>>
>>30466408
He is Leaf no longer. He is now Butterscotch, the rule #63 of Fluttershy.

>>30464688
I'm still frustrated with everything here. What should I do? What am I doing wrong?
I can't even act right without cracking.
>>
>>30466408
>>30466601
Huh, really? Must've slipped my mind since last session. The reason he was hesitant about the roar now was more because of screaming incoherently than anything else, but I might've overdone it admittedly.
Updating in a few.
>>
>>30466771
>insanity meter
Apprehension, embarrassment, awkwardness, fear
>>
>>30464872 >>30465005
>>30465014 >>30465865
>>30466126 >>30466408
>>30466601 >>30466771
>>30466834
"Going for a drink."
"I didn't think you drank?" He walks with you.
You think about that for a second, "I didn't either."
"Ah."
A moment of silence passes.
"Is it related to the shouting?"
"Was I that loud?"
"I was close by." He says simply.
"Where?"
"Sewing to earn some money." Natan pauses for a moment, and Nitz chatters something to him, "Forgive her insistence, but Nitz still wants to know why did you shout."
"Too many things are amiss."
"Ah." He chatters back to Nitz.
"You know where to find a drink?" You ask when they are done talking.
"I saw a pub when talking with our neighbors. Are you sure about it?"
"Drinking is the only thing I am sure about right now." You say with aplomb. Maybe, if your lucky star is shining, they have actual booze here rather than... medusa saliva or something.
"If you say so..."
"I do."
Nitzan guides you across a few streets, backtracking some of your walk in silence, and enters the bar with you- eyeing the patrons carefully before moving more than a step inside.
"Hey." You tell the barman.
"Hey." He looks away from a pair of mares he was talking with and gestures at them to wait.
"You got booze?"
"You got pearls?"
You grab the bag and clang it, "Not many?"
"Enough for a beer. Two the glass" He walks to a close-by dispenser.
You give a look to the bar for the first time: A few dozen metal tables, with only a few windows here and there under it's low ceiling. It's painted to look like wood, but here and there ricolant ceramic can be seen. It reminds you of a few bars you've worked at, actually, with an odd care put into not being as well kept as to look /fancy/.
Huh. Natan seems to feel curious about it, sitting on a turning stool besides yours.
>>
Also, regarding Styx: I don't remember just how clear Sea's explanation was but she's mentioned it's how they call the bottom of the sea- where all who die eventually go.
>>
>>30467543
Horse sea Hades. Fun.
>>
>>30467539
Just a beer then.
Would the bartender care for a little conversation?
Anything interesting about this city? Anyone, place or group of interest? Is there a guard? What can he tell you about the festival? Is there a grocery store or drug store where you can buy some alcohol?
>>
>>30467539
Have you two ever been two a bar before?

>Enough for a beer. Two the glass
I might be reading this wrong. We have enough for a full to the brim glass/mug/tankard/flagon/cup of beer?
>>
>>30467539
>>30467539
Can we just, not work on roaring until tomorrow and focus on looking aesthetically cool and scary? Maybe tomorrow morning we can ask Bubba if he has a potion to make someone sound more scary. More intimidating, frightful, ominous, deep, dark, etc.
>>
>>30466771
I mean, I kinda actually like the characterization. Maybe Leaf can be a Fluttershy that won't have to learn the same lesson over and over again? Still, it's a bit jarring to go from "normal" to maximum beta mode. Still good direction to go though, I liked him pawing at the ground as some nervous tick or something and basically all of this >>30464688. Adds some needed depth. All the stress and whatnot from being home one second here the next has finally caught up with him.
>>
>>30467543
Roll a random encounter to see if something happens to Leaf while at the bar.
>>
File: file.png (48KB, 383x344px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
48KB, 383x344px
>>30467631 >>30467656
>>30467687 >>30467705

"First time in a bar?"

"We traded with some before, but..." He seems to wonder whether or not to keep talking, "But it was my captain who did it before."

He doesn't seem to want to talk about it, so you decide not to. "Can't you drink?"

"We can't experience drunkenness, as much as some Dudas have tried." He says distractedly, extending a hand to the bar to let Nitz climb onto it. "Would you mind telling me exactly what happened?"

You hesitate at first, but tell him of what happened- how you were crushed by all of it suddenly, the barman appearing with a glass quickly.

"Excuse me if concern makes me impertinent..." Says Natan, "Such outburst is improper of a captain."

"I am no captain." You say immediately, sipping down some of the bitter drink.

"No, especially in the way Dudas use the word. But I was taught captainship starts when, regardless of whether or not people follows your words, they hear and weight them."

You don't answer to that, instead staring down at your glass.

"Letting your emotions grow both uncontrolled and uncontrollable is not good, regardless of that. You should find a way to relieve stress..." Te odd shine that you assume is his eye shifts to your beer, "Preferably one that's not alcohol. My captain had confidants, such as the other captain who visited you."

"Rarity." The familiar name comes quickly to you. "She said her name's Rarity."

I just wanted a drink, you think in the moment it takes him to answer. Not all this.

"Is that so?" Natan is quiet for a moment, tapping a finger against the table indecisively, "I hope it was pleasant? The Diamond Line has certain, maybe literally ingrained, penchants that can be very unpleasant... and again, forgive me if you think any of what I said is impertinent, or idiotic. I have almost no practical experience as a captain."

Queued some things.
>>
>>30468897
>forgive me if you think any of what I said is impertinent, or idiotic. I have almost no practical experience as a captain.
Ha! That's sort of the both of us. Funny thing that.
And it's fine. What you said is something I Should already know myself. Mostly. The part about controlling my emotions.
You know. I think you're going to be a great captain someday. No where anytime soon, it someday. Cheers.
>>
probably my favorite CYOA, it's so fucking good
>>
>>30468897
>spoiler
Like watering the lawn and checking on the crops?
I know the captain had good intentions, but she's just awful. She broke into my home and threatened me. In my own home! I think I'll lock my window and get a dead bolt from now on.
>>
>>30468897
Here's a pearl for a thought.
Perhaps we've been doing this the wrong way.
Who said the antagonist we're going to play has to roar? Maybe he tells or does a death knell yell when defeated.
Or he doesn't have to be a Dragon either. Is there a pegasi equivalent to wizard?
>>
>>30469001
What do you Like about it?
>>
To duda fucker anon.
Fucking a Duda would probably go as well as sticking your dick in a grinder.
>>
>>30468989 >>30469007
>>30469249

"Inexperienced? You and me both..." You stop dry, unsure about whether or not to use that word. "Brother?"

"If it pleases you."

"You and me both, brother. You'll be a good captain some day." You add.

He avoids your gaze, not answering.

"Hey, I got an idea," You say as it appears, "what if we didn't use a dragon for the play?"

"Wasn't having a dragon among the central points?"

"Not sure I can actually roar." You say quietly, then rush to add. "But hear me out, what if instead I play a Scùrlock."

"A... tssurlok. Is it from 'Questria?"

"Equestria and yeah! Scurlocks were pegasi from the three tribes war who manipulated weather to create huge storms, and knew all about using thunder."

"Three tribes war?"

That question drops you off your high, "It's complicated."

"Ah." He has a short and quick chatter with Nitz, "Have you thought of simply not roaring? Or learning that later?"

"Huh?"

"If roaring is the issue... it's not all that a dragon does, I am sure."

You think about it quietly. The barman offers to fill the glass that you are surprised to see is empty already, but you shake your head, "Hey, isn't there a festival coming?"

"Mhmm, the Sunset carnival's always good Business." He adds, giving a quick look to your glass but leaving it where it is.

One of the mares he was talking with before, an orange -almost white- pegasus, raises her glass for the barman to fill it. "We moved here earlier so our colt could see it. Boy's hipped as can be about it. She-" The mare gestures at the other one, "-said 'Hey, you get the money and we move in time for it.' as a joke. Then he got the money and his cutie mark." She giggles tipsily, motherly pride and mirth in her voice, and gives a sip to the glass that the barman filled while she talked.
>>
"Hey, do I know you?" Asks the other, a light blue earth pony, while she takes the glass away from her partner discretely. "You are that stallion from the convoy, right?"

"Oh yeah! the one with the bird." Adds the orange one one. "Boy's still drawing that... 'Seltia' was it? And 'Loon'?" She thinks about it for a moment but shrugs it off. "Are the flanks of the blue one really so tiny?"

Clack, clack, clack.

"Nitz?" Asks Natan.

She keeps hitting his largest lens with the might-be-a-peanut-analogue. He chatters something quickly in their bird-like language, and she answers while pointing outside, then clacks his lens again.
>>
>>30469716
I guess so? Would Nitz like to leave or is there something outside?
>>
>>30469716
Ha. Never considered one of my leaders butt to be smaller.
I think we're good on drinking for now. Wouldn't want to spend all our...pearls? Maybe a few minutes of idle chit'chat with no more beer, then we leave.
>>
>>30469716
>She keeps hitting his largest lens with the might-be-a-peanut-analogue.
For a second I though she was laughing at the tiny flank comment.
Such a simple solution. Not roaring.
Oh hey another earth pony. What's up with the lack of earth? It kind of sucks being surrounded by water all the time. And scary.
>>
>>30469957
the earth ponies here are just ponies. They don't know about their connection to the earth.
>>
>>30469746 >>30469947
>>30469957 >>30470193
"Gimme a sec." You turn back to the mares, gesturing at Natan to wait, "Uhm, I hadn't thought about Luna's flanks before."

"But are they?" Insists the orange mare.

"I... guess?" Even saying that much feels like tearing the words off. "It's just that the alicorns are up there and all."

"So what? Mine's up there too." The orange mare says jokingly, but there's no actual humor on her eyes.

"You-- She's an earth pony?" You ask, really noticing it for the first time, then remember it. "A pony, I mean." Natan, who was standing from his stool, stops moving for a split second and gives you a discrete kick on the flank.

"Surprised?" She makes a sly little smile, the barest hint of how ready she is to guard herself visible in her eyes for an instant.

"Just that there's so few of you around here." You rush to add, "I think I've seen five on the street total."

"Pfft, don't be a bozo," The orange mare is quick to grab her partner in a hug, pressing their cheeks together, and from the blue mare's amused expression this isn't the first time. "Just look at this face. How much of this cute d'you think the sea can have at once? Huh?" She rubs their cheeks together, smiling widely and making the blue mare giggle under her breath despite the awkward position.

"Don't be cheesy." The blue mare pulls herself off the hug, giving her a boop for it.

"Hm." Says Natan, making you turn around- There's some sort of parade you can see through the door he opened. "I wasn't aware of this."

Btw, using double spacing because I think it makes my dialogue more readable. Tell me if it looks ugly.
>>
>>30470236
Ask the mares what the parade is about then maybe go see it yourselves. They might have a float that's throwing things at the crowd if you're lucky.
>>
>>30470193
Dude. That's sad. They can't make use of their full potential. Earth ponies are natural druids. The earth strengthens their bodies n' all that magic mubojumbo.
>>
>>30470236
>"You-- She's an earth pony?" You ask, really noticing it for the first time, then remember it. "A pony, I mean." Natan, who was standing from his stool, stops moving for a split second and gives you a discrete kick on the flank.
I blame it on the alcohol.
Maybe it's only Sea who didn't know about earth ponies and their connection to the earth. Or maybe, the "regular ponies" here are sort of like how the pegasi on this word have adapted to the sailing life. Maybe they're great swimmers.
>>
>>30470236
Double space, single space. Seems fine to me. Then again im not a particullary picky person so my words aren't worth much.
If we manage to pull off a successful performance, I hope we can earn enough for the Star's repairs. Earning more them enough is always welcomed.
I'm sure the Star would be splurging over the parade right now if she were here.
>>
>>30470270 >>30470318
>>30470341 >>30470388
"A parade?" You walk outside with the other patrons, much to the visible distaste of the barman, and see why is that you didn't hear it: the music are still a ways away, seemingly advancing with whatever is being paraded.

No floaters, though, which bums you out just a little bit.

The orange mare lifts the blue one so she can see, which reminds you you can fly yourself, but you decide to talk with Natan first, "What was that about?"

"What was what?"

"Your kick."

It seems to take him a moment to realize what you mean, "Ponies don't like being reminded of that." He says hushedly.

"Reminded of what."

"That there are so few ponies compared to pegasi." He still talks quietly. Nitzan chatters something, so he stands on his hindlegs and lifts her on his outstretched hand. "Their numbers have been thinning for all of recorded history."
>>
>>30470688
How much of the world's history do you know?
>>
>>30470688
>much to the visible distaste of the barman
Oh. Did we forget to pay him? Quickly finish your drink and pay the guy, then return.
>>
>>30470801
He's mad that his customers are leaving to watch a parade instead of buying more drinks. If we didn't pay you can bet that he would be saying something about it right now.
>>
>>30470827
Good points.
>>
>>30470688
That's tragic. I can see why though. They're separated from their birthright.
>>
We must save the earth poners and bring the land back.
>>
>>30470876
We must fuck all the earth mares and impregnate them with Leaf's mighty seed. I'm sure someone in his family line was an earth pony. Leaf would have a better chance saving them then any other earth pony stud.
>>
Meant to say so earlier, but paused since lack of sleep is starting to get noticeable.
>>
>>30470876
Next thing you know our home attracts a herd of earth ponies.

>>30470688
I didn't know that. I should go apologies to the mare.
Let's head back. I think Leaf has cooled his head enough to continue.
>>
How old is this water world?
>>
Lemme smash
>two lesbian milf's. or two really good friend milf's.
>>
Times a wasting. The sooner we get to practicing, the sooner we can continue looking for the last stars. Because fuck that giant elderitch cock sleeve.

I'm referring to the giant see monster we met if you couldn't tell.
>>
>>30475039
I call it the wurm iñ notes and art, if it helps you any
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-08-10-47-05.png (104KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-08-10-47-05.png
104KB, 480x320px
>>
>>30474498
>Lesbians who might actually be bisexual since they have kids and thought we were hot.
bump
>>
>>30470759 >>30470801 >>30470827
>>30470832 >>30470864 >>30470876
>>30471083 >>30472102 >>30473602
>>30474498 >>30476497 >>30475039
>>30475984
"Just how long is that?"

"I was told it's three thousand years." He answers something Nitz told him and looks back to you. "But I am unsure as to how accurate that count is. Calendars have been reset so many times, after all..."

"Reset?"

"Haven't yours?"

You consider that, realizing you hadn't before. "It's Equestria's is the fourth millennium of the alicornian era, and twentieth year of the harmonic. And I know there's more before that."

"You... name your eras while at them?"

"You don't?"

"It does sound unintuitive."

"I dunno. How much do you know of history?"

"It's part of being a captain," He lowers his arm, much to Nitz' discontent. "The first thing I was taught was our history."

You nod and flutter a small distance from the ground for a moment to see what's being paraded here. Some sort of water tank, surrounded by city guards.

"You never did answer me if the cap-- Rarity was... unpleasant." Natan chooses the word carefully.

You consider your words as you descend. "She broke into my house and threatened me if anything happened to you."

Some of his bellows open for a moment, doing something very similar to a sigh. "I feared as much, Diamond lines are very أحمر كالدم."

"Ajmar what?"

"Forgive me. They are, what was the word... very martial people. Old habits die hard."

>1/2
>>
"Yyyeah, I noticed. Gimme a sec, I gotta apologize." You flutter to the pair of mares- Nice flanks, you think idly. "Hey, miss?"

"Cu." The orange one turns her head to you.

"Kyu?" You try.

"And you are... Lyf, right?"

"Leaf." You nod. "I wanted to apologize for earlier?"

"What for?" Cu turns does a flip to lie with her belly upwards midair- grabbing her partner in a hug while she rests on her belly. "Reminding me that I got the best girl around?"

"You are tipsy, Cucu."

"It's still true." She returns to her previous, more comfortable position.

"Yes it is." The blue mare angles her face to you. "No harm no foul. alright?"

You nod again. "It's just that this place is very different from home and that one caught me by surprise."

"You from Landly?"

"Further."

"Albari--" Cu wrestles with the word.

"Albaricoque?" Finishes the blue mare.

"I don't think you know it. Equestria?"

They shake their heads.

"Lettuce Leaf?" Calls Natan. "I am sure we could reach a more desirable situation with captain Rarity if I talk with her."

>2/2
Anyone opposed to not seeing what's at the parade?
>>
>>30477411
I kind of want to see why they're totting around a giant water tank. What, they gonna pour in somewhere for symbolism? Give our water? Make it rain?
>>
>>30477411
>I am sure we could reach a more desirable situation with captain Rarity if I talk with her
I don't know. What if she thinks I pushed you to ask her? Plus she scares me.
>>
>>30477411
If you think it would help sure.

I want Cammy to lore dump all over me. Mmmm I want to know more about this parade. Ask Natan.
>>
>>30477411
For the sake of pleasantries, what is the blue mare's name?
>>
I can take solace knowing there to be no cats in this aqua world.
>>
>>30477679
Sea cats, anon.
>>
>>30477754
No
>>
>>30477867
Stealing all your fish, anon.
>>
>>30477901
Fuck!
>>
>>30477411
Let's go talk to her.
>>
>>30477464 >>30477477 >>30477525
>>30477679 >>30477754 >>30477901

You gesture at Natan to wait, "I forgot to ask your name?"

"Me? Blue Angel."

"/My/ angel." Cu lifts Angel to rub their cheeks together.

Angel snickers. "You sure you aren't drunk?"

"What if I am?"

"See what I have to live with?" Angel asks you jokingly.

"Oh, I am a monster aren't I? Fear my cuddles!"

Angel rolls her eyes, but doesn't reply.

You glide down again, "You were saying?"

"I asked if you'd feel more comfortable if I talked with the captain." Repeats Natan.

"You sure?"

"You already are-" He stops talking for a split second, as if correcting what he plans to say, "-much too worried."

It's so hard to read Natan, you think. Only his voice tone, usually mild, gives any cue of how he feels, his ever staring eye-lens forever fixed in place.

"It'd look like I made you tell her that." You shake your head.

"Maybe... do tell me if you decide otherwise." He adds.

"Yeah. You got any idea of what this parade is for?"

"I don't even know what is that they are parading." He says, more stating a fact than complaining. "All ponies are taller than me."

"Some kind of water tank."

"Made of glass?"

"Looked like it."

"Ah. Maybe a representative of the sirens came?"

"Don't they breath air too?"

"Tanks are a sign of prestige."

"Sounds impractical."

"Exactly, Lyf." Says Cu distractedly.

"Alright? We can wait a few minutes until it's here." You sit down, some stallions returning to the bar after a moment.

Are they parading the siren with... kazoos? You shake your head, trying to ignore that when you flutter up again to see her.

"Want a lift?" You ask Natan, offering your forelegs.

He considers it for a moment before grabbing them, angling his body to get a proper view. Not having a neck must suck.

>1/3
>>
The siren, her scales pearly white and flippers a iridescent green, looks at the crowd from inside her gilded tank, sapphires and emeralds adorning it's bottom... and a smaller one, light blue with braided, shimmering threads adorning her and floating delicately in the water, looks from besides at us with eyes wide in wonder at the surface.

Someone shouts, a shout that is almost immediately echoed by another and then another- angry bickering that advances through the crowd along along with someone who is pushing everyone else out of their way.

A pony dressed in black and blue bursts off the crowd, trailed by an oversized cape, and dashes to the guards without a pause- All guards who aren't carrying the tank aiming their spears at the intruder who jumps to a side, cape flowing like water yet somehow never hindering their movement.

One of the spears is caught on the cape, and the guard tries to pull it and the pony who wears it- but even as he prepares to do that the intruder is readying a buck...

...and the guard only losses his balance when the cape is released off the wearer's neck and he pulls nothing, the intruder rushing to the tank with a foreleg raised, ready to hit with a sectioned gauntlet.

>2/3
>>
The older siren is quick to grab the younger one protectively, her mouth open, but the punch lands on a sapphire instead, bursting with white and, instead of cracking it making the gold that holds it in place turn to dust.

Another sapphire is stolen from the tank before the siren sings, a crystalline sound that makes it hard to think. All fall still, guards included, and you can barely summon the focus to stay airborne.

"Leaf?" Asks Natan.

The pony keeps moving for a moment before noticing what's happening, then tap their ear quickly -a small, private laugh barely audible, if only because you are close and everyone but the siren is silent- and grab their cape of the floor, then run away with a sway to their hips as if daring anyone to try catching them.

The siren stops singing and looks at the direction the pony ran to, gesturing at two guards to chase and the rest to keep moving- the ones who are carrying the tank moving just a little bit faster now.

>3/3
>>
>>30479523
what the fudge just happened?
>>
>>30479523
ask blue and Cu if they have any clue what just happened. or someone.
>>
>>30479523
Oh no! We should chase after that pone- no not really. That's not our job.
I'd like to talk to the Sirens, but after this ordeal I doubt they'd want to talk to anyone, or the guards letting us through.
So they take some gems. What's the big deal? They're what, a couple of bits for a shiny paper weight?
>>
>>30479523
Hey Natan. What are the odds of the guards letting us talk to the sirens?

Did we leave his sister back at the bar or did she climb aboard the S.S. Lettuce Leaf or Natan?
>>
>>30479842
>>30479848
>>30480230
>>30480273

Everything is silent.

"What was that." You can't see who is that makes the question, but it shatters the silence with a mix of echos and answers, too many to make out any individual one.

"Cu? Blue?" You ask them.

"I know as much as you do." Says Blue, prodding Cu with an elbow, "Cucu?"

"What--? Did that just happen?"

"Yes. And too tight."

"Huh? Oh yeah." Cu relaxes her arms and flutters down, Nitz climbing to your snout and prompting you to do the same. "Enough drink for the day."

"Natan?" You try once he's made contact with the floor.

"I... don't think I'd be right?" He seems to have been thrown off even more than everyone else. Nitzan hops off your snout to his head.

"I wish I had something to be wrong with." Says Cu.

"Some years ago I did hear of a thief who dressed and stole like that. But their only heist was a noble's mansion." He has a short conversation with Nitz, "Sh-- It says the thief didn't even get to have a nickname."

"Also," You ask, giving a sideways look to the sirens and thinking you'd like to talk with them. Maybe asking for an audience? "So much trouble for... A meal worth of gems?"

The others just stare at you,

"Leaf," Says Natan slowly. "Each of those gems probably was worth more than Seaweed's house, which is made of wood."

"What?" You look at him with similar confusion.

He just stares back at you.

"Gems are cheap." You say mater of factly.

"No." He answers in the same tone. "They aren't."

Valuable gems, what kind of world is this? You try not to think too hard about it, still feeling the small edge that made you snap before and fearing to press against it too hard.

"Alright." You shake your head with a sigh, "Alright. Is there any way I could talk with that siren?"

"After this? Maybe if you proved to be of trust... but whyever?" He asks. "Sirens are tight with etiquette when on the surface. Asking that only for 'a chat' would probably be distasteful to her."
>>
>>30480353
It can't be that bad, can it? I thought for a moment, when she looked our way she seemed interest. Or maybe shecwas interest in you?
You and your sister ok? Looks like her song shook you up.
>>
>>30480353
>"Gems are cheap." You say mater of factly.
>"No." He answers in the same tone. "They aren't."
Say what? That's crazy man. Everyone in Eqestria had gems. Dragons eat them if they feel up to digging.
There are dresses, works of art. Heck even food (dragons).
This place is weird.
>>
>>30480353
I wonder If we should head back.

There were those sirens from Equestria. Taco girl, orange leader, and broody purple. Do these sirens look any different from the ones back home?
>>
Going to bed
>>
>>30481168
Good night
>>
>>30481939
>>
>>30481018
>>30482479
>>
>>30480353
Looks like we should have chased the thief then.
>>
>>30480466 >>30480501
>>30481018 >>30483350
"I guess you are right. Catch you later?" You ask Cu and Angel.

"Oh yeah, you are in this neighborhood? I guess we'll see you around."

"Our boy's gonna search your bird again as soon as we tell him." Adds Cu, smiling.

"Yeah," You imagine so many foals, dreading the chance that they step on your farm-- Which you forgot to water today, you remember adding it to your mental checklist. "So yeah, see ya." You say as you start walking back home.

"See ya!" Says Cu cheerfully, walking with Angel in the opposite direction with a sway on their hips.

"Natan?" You take your eyes off it, "You okay?"

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"That song?"

"Siren songs don't effect us. Most, at least."

"Really?" You remember how it made you feel like your head was filled with cotton. "That sounds nasty."

"We haven't always had the most friendly relationship." He says simply, "I am more concerned about you. Do you feel anything off?"

"No?" You try to find anything that might've been too small to notice, "No, I don't. Are you sure gems are valuable here? We kinda made clothing with the things back home."

"Only sirens and tritons can mine them." He says simply, "It's hard to for sirens, and tritons are strictly forbidden from reaching Styx. You /are/ like a child…" He says to himself, then rushes to add, "Forgive me."

"It's not wrong," You shrug it off as best you can. "What do dragons eat, then? Gemstones are like candy for them in Equestria."

He seems to find the question odd, "Food. More meat than ponies, of course. And some ceramics and metals." He sounds uncomfortable when saying that last one.

You decide to give him more space and reach your home in silence, where the Star -still looking loosely like a snake- is creeping up on Sea, who is cutting fish. Another snake -Didn't Herb call it Sea's?- is also sneaking up, but on a piece of the fish she cut.

Also ye, these sirens are like Adagio's bunch.
>>
>>30484327
Water your plants.
>>
>>30484327
Double snek hiss. Hnnnngggg cute
>>
>>30484327
>Didn't Herb call it Sea's?
Well would you look at that. I must have missed that because I didn't know sh3 had a snake.
>>
>>30484351 >>30485211
>>30485349
Natan sits on the edge of your lawn looking at Sea while you water the plants.

You check the dirt, not really holding any hopes yet, and confirm that no leaves are visible... but at least there's nothing to--

Oooh, no. You scrunch just a little when you check if snakes thread upon it, just in case. There's only a few very loose lines on the dirt, which might just be your imagination- Snakes' weight is just too widely distributed, anyway, and you are left wondering why did you actually worry over that...

...You really needed some farming, even if it was only watering the plants. It's oddly comforting to worry about small stuff.

There is a muted clank, and you turn around to see that Sea kicked the Star on the face plate. Almost immediately -her hoof still pressed against the face of the Star, who is still- she grabs the snake that was sneaking up on her by the neck, seems to consider what to do with it for a moment, and puts it on the floor carefully.
>>
>>30486035
See you Sea. I'm back from my minor break down. Where's Herb?
>>
>>30486035
See if the snake is friendly towards you.
>>
>>30486035
Does Leaf own a guitar?
>>
>>30486154 >>30486511 >>30486617
You leave the water can by the fence and walk to the snake, who stares back at you the whole time expectantly.

You don't say anything immediately, instead watching her work. The fish already clean, she doesn't cut immediately like you had guessed from a distance; Instead she passes the edge over the fish' scaleless skin to feel it -practically caressing it- with practiced ease before each of her swift cuts.

"Hear you." She says, kicking the Star distractedly again when she takes another chance at sneaking.

"I am back."

"I just said that."

You nod at that, taking your time to answer. "I am feeling better now."

She makes another cut before answering- Clack, it clashes against the wood.

"Ah."

Clack, clack, clack.

You remain silent.

Clack. She works her jaw and pushes the snake off the table again. Clack.

"Are you sure?" She asks.

>>30486146
Hissss
>>
>>30487405
At the moment yes.
>>
>>30487405
Slowly offer your leg to the snek so it can coil up to you.
>Noodle fren familiar acquired
>>
>>30487405
Yep. Totally. I'm so sure that I'm going to practice my cloud manipulation. I need to make some more clouds to replace the one in the clay pot, and to use for practice.
>>
>>30487405
For now. I do need to find a better way to vent than drinking my problems away though.
>>
>>30487405
Since she's keeping up with it for us, hear her later.
>>
Wanted to post one more update but I am too tired to write properly, so going to bed.
>>
>>30488750
Punch the sandman in the dick.

Can I make a request?
>>
>>30489392
Requesting a sexy rock
>>
>>30489392
Uh, sure
>>
>>30488036
There is no better way, silly.
>>
>>30489392
Request as in a drawing? Yeah, can't hurt to ask.
>>
File: file.png (33KB, 571x348px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
33KB, 571x348px
>>30489623
>>
>>30490543
Needs more blush. And a swim suit on the rock.
>>
>>30490543
Wew. Are those nipples or eyes?
>>
>>30487577 >>30487935 >>30488020
>>30488036 >>30488053

You pause for a moment, clacking your teeth a few times, "I am for now."

Clack, clack.

"That's good." She says.

You nod. Clack. "I need a way to relieve stress, though. Other than drinking"

"You could try hitting me when we spar."

Clack.

"Yyyeah." You extend a hoof to the snake, who after a moment of staring coils around it and uses you as a ladder. "That."

The snake tries to crawl from your body to Sea's, and is grabbed by the 'neck'.

Sea holds the snake on the air for a moment, as if considering what to do with it, and decides to leave it on the ground again.

"Far away, I want you to hit me when we spar."

"What?"

She puts the knife aside and starts hanging the thin strips of fish to dry under the sun.

A fly buzzes to one, making her pause.

"I hate cities." She says under her breath.

>>30490623
Yes.
>>
>>30490902
I have some doubts about hitting Sea. Shame she doesn't like the place. So far it has been good for us.
>>
>>30490902
Hitting her is not going to make us feel better. Sure, she's stressful to talk to and get along with, but in the end we do care about her. Hitting her is just going to guilt us and make us feel worse.
>>
>>30490902
Let's do it dudes. We fight for real now. Anything else would be insulting.
>>
>>30490902
>>30490914
>>30490942
>Far away, I want you to hit me when we spar.
>Hitting her is just going to guilt us and make us feel worse.
Nah. It'll be great! Remember how Sea is an adrenaline junky? If Leaf eventually proves to be a challenge for her, she might actually like it.
And she just want him to actually try instead of giving weak attempts and sticking to blocking.
>>
>>30490914
What are your doubts?

>>30490942
But it'll make her feel better :^)
>Hitting her is just going to guilt us and make us feel worse.
It's sparring. The point is to improve.

>>30490956
Fight For Honor
> Viking tosses ensues

>>30490966
Sea is kinky
>>
Roll to see if the Sirens were aroused by Leaf
>>
>>30490902
Only hit her three times. Then you win the round.
>>
>>30490983
>>30490966
Ah, somehow read that as hitting her right now with no sparring. That's what I get for speed reading though.
>>
>>30491014
>they will be using three hit rules
>a definitive winner
>three hits and your done for the day
>Leaf can get three hits
>Seaweed won't be disappointed
>>
>>30490914 >>30490942 >>30490956
>>30490966 >>30490983 >>30491006
>>30491014 >>30491021 >>30491024
"I am sorry about that." You click your teeth together, thinking. "Are you sure about that?"

"Yes." She starts taking back the hung fish

You nod to yourself, then add. "Cities or sparring?"

"Both."

"I am kind of liking it. The people's nice enough."

She doesn't answer to that.

"I don't want to hit you." You add.

"It's the whole point of sparring, Far away."

"I guess so." you don't feel like saying anything else, instead watching her take the last few pieces of fish methodically, feeling with her hooves where she remembers having put them. "But I am still worried."

"I earned it before, anyway." She shrugs.

"Worrying?"

"A hit. To get even." Then she adds before you can answer: "You can hurt people less if you practice, you know." You don't answer to that, so her ears twitch in what you can only guess is annoyance. "If you don't know how to use your strength you can hurt someone badly without wanting to."
>>
>>30491378
Practice now. Where'd that pole go?
>>
>>30491378
She does make a good point of hurting others if we don't know how to control how hard we strike.
She also feels like she deserves to be hit by us? I guess there is a lot of built up frustration within Leaf caused by her.
>>
>>30491378
Less thinking more hitting. Over thinking things so far has only caused you problems.
>>
>>30491404 >>30491427 >>30491474

"I, er, you think I want to hit you?"

"Not really. Can you cook it?" She gestures at the fish.

"I guess I could put it in the freezer?" You try not to look at it too much. "I was thinking about sparring right now. And trying to make clouds after that."

"So long as it's not wasted." She grabs your hoof after a moment of searching. "Here." She lifts it.

"Here what?"

"Hit me." You only blink at that. "Blind leading the blind, I swear to the little sisters... Hit my shoulder already."

You think about it for a moment and, more to please her than anything else, give her a punch on the shoulder.

"Put some heart on it, will you."

You try again, this time harder. "Is this enough?" You ask hopefully.

She shakes her head but walks into her shack, then out of it with your staff on her mouth and her spear on her tail.

"You grabbed mine?"

She spits it, "You left it on the floor."

You grab your staff, testing it's weight again, and follow her to your lawn.

"You start." She says simply, holding her spear lazily with her tail and holding it by it's bladed side, not seeming to be in any particular stance.
>>
>>30492531
>You nod nervously, nervousness climbing up your gut, and open the door to fly to the ceiling and grab some of the cloud in the pot.
>"I guess I could put it in the freezer?"
Need more clouds, but later. We fight now.
Swing your staff to her right and be ready to counter, then follow up with a counter strike if Leaf can manage that.
>>
>>30492531
Well, time to channel the frustration and stress she gives us into hitting her. She wants us prove oursleves more than anything.
>>
>>30492718
That doesn't sound like it would help at all. Last time Leaf tried to channel stress he started crying and ran away. What he needs is a cool head and a clear mind.

>She wants us prove oursleves more than anything.
Or she's just bored, but if Leaf were to say that then I bet she would respond with a "Yyyeeeah, sure. That's exactly what I was trying to do."
>>
>>30492780
Definitely bored when I think about it. She doesn't have much to do after all.
>>
>>30492531
Go for quick jabs with the spear.
Can you even sweep the legs of a pony? Maybe if the pole was long enough, but ill probably never know.
>>
>>30492531
Go for that overhead swing.
>>
>>30492531
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HLDJ2QteN7c
Only in his wildest dreams and watching his movies can he dream of fighting like a weapons master.
>>
>>30492678 >>30492718 >>30492780
>>30492871 >>30493863 >>30494283
You open your mouth, close it again, and rear the staff to try hitting her from the side.

You are starting to dread seeing her ears flick-- She crouches, belly flat against the grass and the staff only hitting one of her ears, and pounces at you.

You rear away, but she stands at your side with the already swinging spear moving at you. It's more of a happy coincidence than anything else than your staff is on it's way to your head.

"You aren't using your wings." She says, her tail lax, then shoves you sideways with her whole body, making you struggle to keep your balance. She whips the spear around with her tail before landing a hit on your flank that makes you fall for good.

"Are you well?" She asks when you don't say anything.

You test the joint, cringing, "Jeez."

"If I hadn't pulled the hit you'd have a broken bone instead of a sore hit. Do you understand what I meant now?"

"I did before." You rub the hit.

"Not as much." She spins the spear around again and readies it. "I'll go easier now."

"Excuse me, Leaf?" Asks Natan, still sitting at the edge of your lawn. "Have you not considered padding?"

"Oh." Says Sea, surprised. "That too."
>>
Oh, and paused.
>>
>>30494922
Oh my god you're right Natan. I deserved that a little for forgetting that. Let me find some rope and blankets.
Fuck it. Fly fighting now.
>>
>>30494922
I honestly thought of it but then I wondered how we were gonna get it in this world. Having good padding is an option? Or is it the crappy kind that I expect a world like this to have? Or maybe we can use some pillows we have?
>>
Vomp
>>
>>30495241
Getting? You daft fool. What about potentially owning? Or making improvised padding with pillows, folded blankets and sheets?
>>
>>30494922
Still surprised how rare gems supposedly still wrapping his head around that but eventually accepts are here. I think we had farms to grow gems?

Did the Pie family do something with the rock farm? I'm way behind by a lot of seasons.
>>
>>30497558
Bu
>>
>>30494922
That would help a lot. Could you get some to? Just to start with? I think it'd be easier to try hitting you then.
>>
>>30498585
>>30494922
No. Stop thinking about it. She doesn't need any padding to kick Leaf's ass.

stop with the weenie hut jr shtick.
>>
>>30498599
What a stupid thing to say. Don't think about her wellbeing? No, we don't want to hurt her.
>>
>>30498616
We can't even hit her when she's trying. She's the one who knows how to fight. If she thinks she needs padding, then she's gonna get herself some padding.

Or she might say something like how "armor" would slow down her mobility.
>>
>>30498616
It's up to Sea to decide whether she wants. Don't expect her to say yes though. She's been through far worse than anything Leaf could ever dream of inflicting on her.
>>
>>30498626
It's sparring, not real combat. Taking risks serves no purpose, and yes, there is a risk to her. Experts make mistakes too.
>>
>>30494956 >>30495241 >>30497549
>>30497558 >>30498585 >>30498599
>>30498616 >>30498632 >>30498642
"Padding?" You rub your sore flank. "I wasn't sure you used that here."

"I usually don't."

"Actually," Exclaims the Star from above you, giving everyone -even Sea- a scare. "The guard of this city has some very light ceramic composites that I didn't know of. You wouldn't know it's not cloth!"

"Then how do you?" Asks Natan curiously.

"I asked until someone answered and then kept asking." She says with some pride, her pieces arranged loosely like a star again.

"Is that a scratch?" You notice the thin silvery line on her paint.

Her whole face rotates and shuffles, the eyes approaching the scratch, "Oh."

"Oh?"

"I scared a guard." She says simply, then mutters, "It's not my fault that they were so jittery."

"Try to make some noise when moving. Sea? You want any padding?"

She lifts her spear vertically, "Hit it as hard as you can."

You share a look with Natan, who does something you can only guess is a shrug, and rear your spear again.

They clack loudly on impact, and after a moment's consideration shrugs too, "Maybe something for my neck."

"Right," You trot inside, surprised that she takes even that much... Gems come to your mind again like a sore tooth as you gather cushions and extra blankets. How comes they don't just make rock farms?

Maybe it's related to earth ponies having no earth, you think idly. Don't they have to do... some earth pony thing to cultivate gems inside the stones?

You only notice Herb when you are nearly done with the makeshift padding, not daring call it armor: Some cushions hanging freely over your flanks and forelegs, a helmet a cousin forgot at your home, and a plush scarf wound around your neck.

You look at yourself in the mirror and can't help cracking a smile. Just like when you played as a foal, still as protective as it is ridiculous.

"Looking good." Mutters Herb, waking up from his nap over your shelves.

1/2
>>
You don't answer immediately, instead tightening the straps around your flank and regretting the lack of any protecting near your wings for the sake of mobility.

"My mum said sometimes you need a cry." Adds Herb.

"I guess."

"Nay, boyo, no guesses here." He insists. "There might be bad moments for it but practicing isn't one, ha?"

That gives you some comfort, even if you are reticent to show it just yet.

"Glad to see you better. You whacking the girl?" He pauses for effect, rustling his wings to get the blood flowing. "I heard the clacking and the hitting. Could be good for the show, yes? Kids like them fights."

You nod distractedly, pick up the folded blanket you grabbed for Sea, and go back outside. Sea is waving her spear lazily, clearly bored and hitting the grass every once in a while.

"Can I ask you something?" You offer the blanket, then remember to push it against her so she notices it. "Is this about proving something or about you being bored?"

"Why 'or'?" She falls silent while wrapping her neck loosely, maybe mulling. "I am bored and don't want to swim too much in this water. But I don't like worrying that someone will get hurt when I am hunting either."

2/2
>>
>>30500161
It's nice to hear you say that you do worry about me. I'll try to improve to lessen that worry.
Continue our sparring, and try to get to be a bit more on the offensive while controlling how hard we strike.
>>
>>30500161
Let's say Leaf keeps practicing til something happens. Maybe stop in an hour then call it a day for practice.
>>
This back and forth during the sparing is quite boring.
>>
>>30500161
Tee hee she worries about us. Now agree with her that it will benefit you in the future and thank her for helping you.
>>
>>30500622
>>30500623
>>30500654
>>30500722
You blink at that, "It's nice to hear."

"What is."

You shake your head, smiling to yourself, and have to crouch to dodge a swipe of her spear.

>--

Cas pulls you along a path, saying something too quickly to make out, so you stop walking, your sudden stomps making dust rise.

"Hm?" She turns to you. "What's wrong?"

You shake your head, dodging the worm as he charges at you again, again, again, knowing that eventually you'll be too tired and fall to the waters anyway, wondering why are you even trying to cover the leak anyway.

Dad's hoof rests on your head, comforting, and he guides your hooves in applying the cement.

"Like this." He says, smoothing it with a ruler which he gives you. "See?"

You nod, your tongue poking when you smooth it too with painstaking slowness.

"But it keeps opening." You tell him, confused.

"So much patchwork ain't proper, no. But it'll have to do until we find the issue."

You nod, hesitant.

"Excuse me." He says, extending her wings, "Is this--" Her horn shines, making twilight fall over the hill, and stands proudly.

You can only blink at her.

"Forgive my rudeness," Says Princess Twilight Sparkle distractedly, as if concerned with too many other things, "But are you Lettuce Leaf?"

You extend a leg to do a reality check, but she grabs it quickly. "No! Don't. I am not part of the dream... well I /am/ now-- That's not what maters. Are you Lettuce Leaf of Equestria?"

You nod, trying and failing to not stare, and rush to make a reverence to look somewhere else. Her eyes, her beautiful eyes... so tired, with bags under them.

"I am so glad of that, I've been hoping that I'd find you this way for days now." She uses a wing to make you stand, an expression you can't quite read on her face. "What is that place like? Are you well? Did my stars reach you? Have you heard the name of 'Creaking Meadow'?"

I actually was planning to offer a skip this post
>>
>>30501165
It's full of water and there's a terrible worm here that's a tarturus level threat who wants to find equestria.
I'm fine for the most part and the inhabitants of the world are not openly hostile and some even friendly though I've been told the nobles can be a hoofful.
Only one star has reached me and I'm still looking for the others.
The name doesn't ring a bell.
Now answer my questions, how is progress in getting me back home? Can I bring someone with me?
>>
>>30501165
Princess. Is that you? It's really you. Then that means there's a chance I can go home.
The Stars? Oh no I've found one of them, though the circumstances at the time could have been better. Some monster wanted the star to flood Equestria or something, and I fear it's not done just yet....
I'm well enough, though I could be better. And this place? Well it's as different as it is similar as home. It's like looking through a mirror, but the reflection is upside down.
>>
>>30501165
Can you use your magic to put knowledge of Scùrlock's in my head or something? If I were fighting a monster made of assorted vegetables then I wouldn't be having so much trouble.
>>
>>30501165
Don't think lewd thought about Cas.

Think lewd thought about Cas.
>>
>>30501337
That is completely out of left field and not make any sense at all. If anything lewd were thought it would be about twilight anyway.
>>
>>30501165
I have been following your order and spreading friendship wherever I can. Some inhabitants are difficult to get along with, but I had made two friends out here. Cas and especially Sea. Without Sea, I don't think I would be here speaking to you right now, and Cas has shown nothing but kindness that is difficult to find around here.

Things here are very different, but they're also similar in ways. Earth ponies have no earth work with, and are only called ponies because of it. Wood and gems are a rare resource around here. There are also other species I have met that I didn't recognize that reside along with ponies.

>>30501437
Going to have to agree with this anon. I think we're too busy thinking about what to say to the princess and having the feeling of hope of getting hope if she's able to reach us.
>>
>>30501461
>the feeling of hope of getting hope
Pretty sure I need some sleep after typing that.
>>
>>30501165
If that is the real princess Twilight and not just something you're imagining and a sign that you're going crazy tell her to rest.
>>
>>30501461
>I have been following your order and spreading friendship wherever I can. Some inhabitants are difficult to get along with, but I had made two friends out here.
You make him sound like a brainwashed Muppet. Thought that's not entirely wrong you make it sound like he's entirely devote. That's what I think.
>>
>>30502051
He kind of is from what we've seen so far, in opinion personally. He defends the princesses and looks at them at a higher level. Might take a while to break that mindset from Leaf.
>>
Damn, got caught up writing the update and didn't realize it was 6 AM. Paused for today.
>>
>>30501165
The entire world is one big sea, and everyone lives on floating cities and houses. There are mechanical people and sirens and giant evil worms who want to flood Equestria and flying whales and the ponies are nice still and gems are really rare here and I found one of your stars and she's nice but a bit weird and I'm kinda scared and I'm rambling.
>>
Vomp.
>>
>>30501227 >>30501280 >>30501329
>>30501461 >>30501482 >>30502051
>>30502260 >>30501506
"It's… water. The whole world is water, and I don't know why but my house floats. And earth ponies are just ponies and I think they are falling to extinction and…"

She hears you tell her the whole story, understanding, patient, and -and it's a while before you notice this one- devouring the information, asking you to repeat yourself several times. Even the times she grabs you in a hug there's that subtle disassociation to her, like she's somewhere else entirely and her body simply happens to not have followed the mind yet.

"It's all like a mirror." You finish. "It's all swapped. And every time I think I have a footing something else pops up. Like how wood and gems cost so much."

"What I am the most surprised is that ponies speak Equiish… Give me a moment to think about this, will you? It's a whole lot of information." She blinks a few times, the sun and moon swapping places several times on the sky like they are fast forwarding for several minutes. "Ah." She nods to herself as the twilight returns and stays. her eyes focusing fully now.

"Princess?"

"I dread formality just a little bit, Leaf. What were you asking?"

"Can I take someone from here back with me?"

She blinks at that, changing to a more grave expression, "You mean Seaweed… Forgive me, but it's all too uncertain. Like the spell that took you there was purposefully designed ineptly to obfuscate its operation."

"And Herb?" You ask without thinking. "The Star?"

She sighs, "If I have my way I'll make a stable, permanent portal that allows commerce and tourism. But for now you are my top priority, Leaf. You are my little pony."

Your throat feels too tight to talk.

1/3
>>
"I know you had nothing but admiration for me, Leaf, and I am sorry." She wraps you in her wings, no dissociation to her demeanor this time.

"I never wanted this." You shake your head, "I don't want to leave everyone behind."

"You might not have to." She grabs you tighter, "Do you want to know how did Rarity put hero stories once?"

"I don't care about heroes!" You exclaim.

"The mountain, insurmountable… so Pinkie dug a hole under it." She smooths your mane slowly, deep in reminiscence, "And Applejack walked around it, and I studied the mountain for six hours then teleported, and Fluttershy asked pretty please to use the tram, and Rainbow said 'what the heck' and flew over it." She laughs to herself, even if her eyes are moist too, "Don't worry about heroism or universal ideals. Keep to your principles, think about the situation at hoof, and help your friends do the same."

You don't answer to that, instead taking your time to think and calm down, really looking at her for the first time.

The bags under her eyes, the way her head hangs a little, how her wings, even when folded, are misaligned, how uncared for they are.

"Princess Twilight?" You ask her, "When was the last time you slept?"

2/3
>>
"I've done without for longer," She shakes her head, "Creaking Meadow. Have you heard of her? She was a pegasi who disappeared some three decades ago, the same way as you. Another five decades prior, Whisper's home and I quote 'up and went, only a hole to mark where it been'." She grabs you tighter, as if afraid that someone will take you away. "And to make it worse all three of you seem to have the same broad personality traits. This is both too precise and arbitrary to be natural phenomena, and always happens when no one has the time to look into it."

"Someone did this?" It feels like a loose teeth now, an ache you can't help poking with your tongue, but at least…

At least you can now be angry at /someone/ rather than lament in the unfairness of happenstance. It's somehow easier to handle when there is something tangible to focus on.

"Creaking was a writer with a mild obsession with her journals." She ignores your question, you aren't sure if from obliviousness or selective ignorance. "And if written word is as valuable as you are saying it is…" She leaves the words in the air for you.

"…they are in someone's library."

"Find them, Leaf. At least you might find where she went wrong."

"And if I find there's no way to go back?" You ask, every word painful.

"You have your friends, and something they didn't." She puts a hoof on your chin and makes you look up to her- her face, her beautiful and tired face, close enough to make your heart flutter. "You have me. Don't you trust us to do our best?"

3/3
>>
>>30505055
The only promise, and the safest is to promise you'll try.
What about this Whisper pony? Shouldn't I try to find them as well? Or, were they old when they disappeared?

>"Creaking was a writer with a mild obsession with her journals."
>"And if written word is as valuable as you are saying it is…"
>"…they are in someone's library."
New Quest Objective: Gain access to the noble's personal library or books

What did Creaking Meadow look like?

>And to make it worse all three of you seem to have the same broad personality traits.
What is it? What's the same?

Will I see you later?
>>
>>30505055
I guess even if Twilight fails in bringing us back we can at least speak to her about things in our dreams. What's happening in equestria right now? Tell our friends and family that care that we're alive.
Thank Twilight for talking to you.
>>
>>30505055
>>30505176
Failure implies she has stopped trying to find a way to bring Leaf back. And That is Princess Twilight to you plebeian!
But again what this >>30505176 anon said. Who will water our petunias at the community garden?

If there's nothing else to talk about, we should really leave for now so she can finish other business.
>>
Would you like to tell the star anything Princess Twilight?
>>
>>30505144 >>30505176 >>30505319 >>30505947
You shake your head, unable to talk at first, "I-- I don't know if I can..."

"I don't know what you can or can't do." She says patiently, softly. "I care about what you are willing to try, because the one real failure is to give up. Can you try to get back? To trust that we will help you to?"

Almost without thinking, you nod. How could you do otherwise for Princess Twilight of all ponies?

"No, Leaf..." She sighs. "Don't promise the princess. Don't promise this for the title you've been taught to respect, not when the pony is the one asking! I am not asking you this with any authority, be it from the crown or achievements, but as the friend I could be."

"Friend?" You ask her, still processing it.

"Yes, Leaf. I don't know you, what books you like or which foods you crave or, but I still think we could be friends. And it's in name of that trust, that hope, that I want you to promise to and for yourself that you won't give up. That you will have enough faith to make it happen."

She--

The realization shatters upon you. /She is so preachy/.

You nod, trying to put all this aside, "I will."

"You have no idea of how glad I am to hear that, Leaf."

"And everyone else?" You say, then add, "My friends? Dad?"

"Your family and friends are rooting for you," She is distant for a moment again, "They are watering your plants, and your boss said he's giving you a week of vacations when you are back." She giggles at this one, "Could you believe him?"

Your mouth falls open, "Old Creek is giving me vacations?"

"He said it like it was a free for all at Canterlot's treasury. "

"With salary?"

>1/3
>>
She nods, clearly making an effort to regain her composure, "And your friend, Nightlight- He said you can take his hats." She takes the tricorn from your head for a moment, "He'll be happy when I tell him about this. And tell Nghshllya-" She makes a clear effort to pronounce the name properly and, from her expression, fails to, "-his flock awaits for his stories impatiently."

You nod slowly, doing your best to process all of it, "What was Whisper like?" Then you add. "What are the traits? The ones we have in common?"

"Extrospective pegasi whose issues begin then they are too Introspective. You want a quiet life most of all, yet time and time again raise to help your friends when they need it. You can't ever completely understand violence, even if you can be convinced to apply it." She lists distractedly, "These are all traits that Fluttershy also had when I first met her... and it makes me angry and a little scared to think that Creaking disappeared less than a moon before I went to Ponyville. and that if something had been just a bit differently it might've been her who ended here."

"What if I find her?"

"I was hoping that you had." She nods, closing her eyes to think for a moment. "She was an orange pegasus, and her mane was a darker shade of it. Her cutie mark was a bottle overflowing with ink... Whisper would be reaching a hundred and something by now, but he was steel blue." She clicks her tongue, "Creaking disappeared with her home too, a cloud home not much larger than yours. So if you see it..."

You nod, and she keeps talking. "I can't track your coordinates from your dreams alone, but if I could pinpoint your position, if a magical beacon was strong enough to reach me, I might just be able to open another bridge. Remember this, Leaf." She grabs your head between her hooves, lowering her head to be eye to eye with you, and lists a series of technical descriptions several times until you can repeat them from memory.

>2/3
>>
"Those are the properties the bridge I reopened to send the stars there had, a bridge you confirmed is definitely not safe for organics. But if we could establish a stable channel I might just be able to teleport you across." Her eyes are grave for a second, reminding you of what she said before. You come first. "Write it down. I'll make you wake up as soon as this dream ends just so you do that."

You nod when she releases your head, your heart beating like a drum from the proximity to her, and all you can think of is hoping that you didn't blush.

"Is the star performing well?" She asks, and you nod, "I am glad of that, even if you make it seem like she's demonstrated actual intellect... not what maters." She shakes her head, and for a split second it seems like she'll collapse, "I'll try to talk more with you later, but Luna could only bridge our dreams from sheer luck."

It takes you an instant to realize what you just did, but she hugs you back with abandon and just as tightly.

"Thank you." You press your head against her chest, your eyes tearing up a bit, "Thank you, thank you, /thank you so much/."

"Shush you." She seems as amused as she is touched, "What is a fri--?"

You blink in the darkness and look out of the window.

The sun is just barely grazing the horizon, the shadows barely receding, but this doesn't mater right then-- you grab a pen and notebook from your night table to write and double check the instructions Twilight gave you.

Your soft, plush, blessedly warm bed.

You lie on it, wondering if you should start the day early or sleep some more.

>3/3
Current todos for this day, as I remember them;
-Talk with Rev and the others about getting some kind of help with the worm
-Talk with Bubba about the possibility of poisons.
I am very probably forgetting something.
>>
>>30506700
Other things to do find out where the library around here is and seeing if it's possible to sneak into it if we can't get in easily. And telling herb that his flock looks forward to this world's stories. He should be good at surveying the library.
>>
>>30506700
Get the fuck out of bed and write all that shit down!
PANIC!
>>
>>30506821
>you grab a pen and notebook from your night table to write and double check the instructions Twilight gave you.
>>
>>30506846
oops

>>30506700
So is it evening or morning now?
>>
>>30506953
>The sun is just barely grazing the horizon, the shadows barely receding
>>
>>30507065
I am a mess today. Sheesh.
>>30506700
Ok. Maybe this time I'll post something better.
So it is definetly morning. Uh. Make sure you have electricity so you can bathe. Have some breakfast. Take the fish meat out of you freezer and offer to cook Sea some battered fried fish with cayenne powder and dried chili peppers. She did want a little kick. And a sice of those fruits. And probably some for Herb to if he wants some.
Well maybe not battered or spicy? I don't know what aForget-Me-not, should and shouldn't eat other then fish so far.
>And tell Nghshllya-" She makes a clear effort to pronounce the name properly and, from her expression, fails to, "-his flock awaits for his stories impatiently."
Tell Herb this after break fast is served.

Got start off the day with a good meal.
>>30506846
>>30507065
How did I do? D-did I do it right now guys?
>>
>>30506760 >>30506821 >>30506846
>>30506953 >>30507065
Feeling in a better mood than you have in days, you decide to raise with the sun and take your time to do proper breakfast-- No halfassed quick bites this time! But first...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoADPv88teo&index=2&list=PLm2XczImJucM-hzYoDaGxQUBTzpS8T1fQ
(Cirque du Soleil - [Zaia #02] Aestus Color)

You give the gramophone one last turn and crank up the volume just enough to hear it from the kitchen, and get on cooking.

"Feeling good?" Asks Herb after a while, standing a distance from you.

"You think?"

"You are swinging your flanks so much, Leaf, that you'll knock me out if I get any closer." He says in what passes for a serious voice tone with him.

"I know!" You don't stop swinging your flanks with the music as you clean the fish, not minding what it is for once. "Your flock says hi."

"Whu--"

"Princess Twilight talked with me. Me! Can you imagine it?"

"Did you hit your head?"

"Ha! I hope not. She entered my dream! And she's so weird you have no idea."

"And my flock was there?"

"Well no of course can you imagine a few hundred birds-"

"Two hundred, fifty nine."

"Two hundred and fifty nine forget-me-nots in a dream?"

"I can, mater of fact."

"Well I can't. But she said they are awaiting your stories!"

"So they are." He nods, not as happy as you had expected him to be.

You grab a strip of fish and toss it in his direction. He catches swiftly, his beak clacking around it. "Cheer up, Herb. I am sure they'll fly for from the winter when they have to."

"One can hope." He gives a mildly interested look to the coffee -your last- that's boiling.

"You want any?"

"It'd poison me. Nature's unfair sometimes innit?"

"I know! A bitch." You say happily, shoving the cut fish aside and grabbing the fruits you bought yesterday to cut them as thin as can be.

1/2
>>
"We are having a party?" Asks the Star from outside the window, only her head plate visible.

"Wouldn't that rock?" You open the window latch to let her in.

"The boyo's in a good mood." Shrugs Herb, moving aside when she decides to arrange her pieces near him.

"What is--" Asks Natan, only to be flung by the Star.

"It's a party!" She says, spinning while dancing circles with him.

"How are you grabbing me without--"

"Who cares! Herb what you say we steal a noble's books." You take a dip of what you cut into a fine dust and confirm that yes, it tastes sickeningly sweet. Now to try this...

You fry some of the dust, and thankfuly it acts like you had hoped-- the juice coagulates and it comes off as small crunchy croquettes.

"I say you be crazy. Ain't good when I am the straight bird, Leaf. Bad omen."

"Can I be the straight bot next?" Asks the Star.

"I still don't know what's happening." Says Natan as the Star pulls him into what looks like a tango.

"I had a good chat." You say simply. "A princess came to my dream.

"Should I assume this is the oddness of your 'Questria?"

"You could." You take the rest of the cut fruits and fry them, doing something that could be called croquettes... too bad you don't have cheese to go with them.

"You planning to woo Sea or something Leaf boy?" Asks Herb quizzically.

"Ooooh yeah!" Says the Star, still pulling Natan into dance after dance with cheerful awkwardness. "She's even outside already!"

2/2
>>
>>30508437
>"She's even outside already!"
I've a feeling she wants to comment on the volume of the music, or she smelled the food. I bet this time we'll really get a reaction out of her!
>>
>>30508437
Ohh. The star would be very useful in the library. They can scan pages and then we can get out of there without them even knowing anything is missing.
Wish Sea a good morning.
>>
>>30508900
Exactly. She's a speed reading demon. Just like her mother.

But let's plan on how we will convince the local noble to grant up access to read the books of her personal library later.
>>30508437
Now is time to do the pony equivelent of the salsa. Or something equivalently spicy.
>>
>>30508437
Make more clouds later to build a mini cloud bed?
And don't forget about work later.
>>
Paused for the night.
>>
>>30508437
Let's go bring Sea in but with dance.
>>
>>30508437
Well guys. Looks like we pay have a permanent portal back home. Now can we fuck Cas silly?
>>
>>30510380
We do? Seems like we're a long way from having anything concrete.
>>
>>30510380
That's still very unlikely and far less of a chance of happening, and working than just bringing someone to Equestria one-way.
Not to mention we may have to move away from the city depending on what Cammy throws at us. We're still not going to bring her if it comes to that. Cas isn't looking for a fling from what we've seen.
>>
>>30508651 >>30508900 >>30508932 >>30508967
>>30510370 >>30510380 >>30510930 >>30511435
"She is? Hm." You fry the fish again, this time covered with some of the not-quite-flour you bought yesterday to give it some crunch. "Herb? Want to try?"

"Might as well." You blow on a piece to cool it and throw it at him, and he nods. "Could use some cheese."

"Cheese? Why would--" Starts Natan, only to be interrupted by the Star changing to another step, "I still don't know what you are doing!"

"Pink pattern told me to party!" She exclaims amidst her laughing.

Natan gives you a look. You shrug with a smile, 'Your problem'.

"Of all the times to forget buying cheese." You turn back to Herb.

"Might tell stories for coin later." He makes a birdy shrug.

"G'luck," You take most of the remaining fish, leaving some for Herb, and, flanks still swinging, go change the vinyl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAggCCekE2w
(No Hay Nadie Como Tu - Calle 13)

"Caliente." You say, ignorant and uncaring as to what does the word actually mean.

Sea is indeed outside, and about to open your door when you do just that.

"Sea!" You slide outside quickly, the earth pony cringing away when your fur graces hers, "Have I told you how weird your hearing thing is? It's like-"

"Not all is hearing."

"-something out of a comic book, y'know? Weird cool, don't get me wrong, just like you to say nope to blindness."

1/2
>>
"Are mood swings a land thing." She says gruffly.

"Not at all, want some?" You offer her the fish, putting it near her snout. "The princess came into my dream."

"Top or bottom?"

"I didn't expect the princess to be so weird, would you have? The real thing, not figment of my imagination. Princesses do that in Equestria." She grabs some fish, "Any better?"

Her mouth contorts a few times, lips closed tightly, before she swallows and talks putting obvious effort in keeping her voice apathetic. "Hot."

"Pfft but really, how is it."

She remembers to cool the next one before eating it, "Crunchy."

"Has more of a bite than before?"

"A bit raw. Not that I dislike it."

"You wouldn't, wouldn't you?" You giggle, "Anyway, the princess said I got to get to a noble's books."

"I'll sit tight."

"Aw don't be so grumpy," You put the fish bowl on the food and pull her forehooves into dance stance. "Live the life!"

"Far away, what are you doing." She states more than asks.

2/2
>>
>>30512146
>"-something out of a comic book, y'know? Weird cool, don't get me wrong, just like you to say nope to blindness."
Seaweed is just like Daredevil!
>>
>>30512146
I am dancing because of how wonderful everything is, there is good music playing and want you to join me. It'll be fun.
>>
>>30512146
I'm just having a good time! I recommend you try it!

>she swallows and talks putting obvious effort in keeping her voice apathetic
Hah, she's struggling to keep her emotionless facade!
>>
>>30512146
Expressing myself through dance. Try it.
>>
File: file.png (27KB, 588x556px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
27KB, 588x556px
>>30512161 >>30512207 >>30512452 >>30512492
"Well dancing of course," You pull her a few steps, cheek against cheek.

"Try something funny and I'll headbutt you."

"Calm down some, I am not some perv."

"What dance is this even?"

"I have no idea. That's why it's fun!"

She doesn't answer.

"Come on, Sea, wouldn't you dance on the stage?"

"This isn't the stage, Leaf."
>>
>>30513138
So think of it as practice!
>>
>>30513138
We are just practicing our acting by using improv dancing! Come on, it'll be fun and you won't be bored like you keep saying!
>>
>>30513138
It's a good test of your agility and reflexes. Not to mention synchronizing with your partner. If we can understand each others paces we'll be better fighters.
>>
>>30513138
Her left lens looks odd.
You're right it's not a stage. It's practice.
The walts, tango, samba, salsa. Wew!
>>
>>30513210 >>30513244 >>30513323 >>30514131

"So we are practicing!" You pull her in circles, still holding hooves -wasn't this position called promenade?- and trying to get her to sync her step with yours. "You hadn't before?"

"Not in years."

"Can I ask why?"

"Better things to do."

"Figured as much."

"Then why do you ask."

You only laugh, opening your wings to get some balance, and remember the flanks and sides are supposed to be touching in this position, "And we'll get some coordination too. In the stage and... when that thing comes." You shake your head to not think about it.

She doesn't answer.

"Come on, one, two." You walk a step with each and, however unheartedly, she follows the lead. "One, two, one, two. Aren't you bored? One, two. This is better than nothing. One, two, three."

"Don't try waltz." She says.

"Waltz?"

"It's so damn boring."

You laugh to yourself, "One, two. Alright, no waltz. Three, four, five."

"Waltz have five steps."

"Guilty as charged. One, two. Why did you learn waltz? One, two."

"Because I was taught waltz."

The Star bursts out of the doorway, now holding a disgruntled Herb instead, and Natan sits on the doorway.

"I still have no idea of what's happening." He says simply.

"I'd like to know myself." Adds Sea.

"Already told you, the princess came to my dream."

"In Equestria is relatively mundane magic to enter dreams." Says the Star, "Although heavily regulated."

"Right."

Herb escapes the Star's hold, "Awwww... what did she tell you?" Asks the Star.

"That I have to get into a noble's library and find someone's journal."

Sea grins at this, "That might be fun."

"Legally, Sea."

Her smile fades.

Alright, so the current checklist for the day was
-Talk with Rev
-Talk with Bubba
-Search a way into the Noble's library
The crew of Rev's ship can be expected to be already up and working at this time of the day.
Also Leaf is pushing the right lens against her face.
>>
>>30514162
>Her smile fades
Aawww. Ok well if worst comes to worst then fighting miiight ensue.

Ok. Bid everyone good bye, go to Rev, then Bubba, then back to practice.

Will there be an opportunity to perform tomorrow?
>>
>>30514162
Come on now! From what I hear from this noble, there is a good chance we may have to do something illegal to get it.
And trust me when I say, I will do nearly anything to get my hooves on that journal!
>>
>>30514239
>>30514162
Oh boy. Don't make promises you can't keep. Leaf is too much of scared pone to steal. Or not it'll depend on what happens and if the noble will send guards after Leaf.
Breaking the law is still breaking the law.
>>
>>30514401
Won't star be able speed read and obtain everything on the journal without taking it? Only questionable action is sneaking, but that's only if we're forced to. This is one of the few leads we have.
>>
>>30514669
Shush. We'll See when we get there.
>>
>>30514740
Of course, all this is just hypotheticals. We have little to no information.
>>
>>30514162
We'll adapt the plan if we have to but we're going in there no matter what.
>>
>>30514211 >>30514239 >>30514401
>>30514669 >>30514740 >>30514771
"Sea, I won't do it illegally if I can avoid it."

"It doesn't count if they are nobles, Far away." She passes a hoof around your waist.

"I think law counts more for them than for us, Sea."

She pushes you, making you hang only from her leg. "A hunter relishes the challenge."

"Then glad I am not."

You have the feeling that, were her eyes visible, you'd see her deadpan. "Don't remind me."

"Do you have to do that?"

"I am a hunter overdue for good prey, Leaf." She pulls you back upright and sits. "Or at least for clean waters to swim. What do you expect me to be like."

"Overdue?" You rub your waist, sore after it having held most of your weight. "Sea, the worm was..." You blink "How long ago? Three days? Five?"

"Feels like longer."

"Jeez it does. Look," You talk more quietly just in case, "If worse comes to worse I'll take you up on it, but for now? I'd like to do it properly."

"Good luck. Might as well try to bed her."

"Yyyeah. I'll go see Rev while I got time."

"Try not to have another mood swing." She heads back to her shack. "Hear you."

"Yeah, later."

"Wait," Natan grabs Nitz and trots after you, "I should visit the captain regarding this worm too. If it's really as dangerous as you say..."

"It is."

The rest of the walk until you take separate ways is made mostly in silence. You could swear Nitzan is making fun of you a few times.

When you arrive Rev is hovering over a few people carrying boxes, guiding them to the flagship's storage, "Leaf?" He gestures at someone to take his role and hovers closer to you, "You look like you went thru the meat grinder and then found a gold chest, man."

"Kind of." You nod.

"When was the last time you brushed your mane? It's... making an effort to stay straight."

"I know." You make a grimace.

"And your wings?" He lands besides you to grab and stretch one, to have a better look. "We got showers in here, you know."
>>
And paused.
>>
>>30515990
Heh. Didn't think there was anything wrong with Leaf's wings. And I didn't thin we'd,m have to ask Leaf to bathe. Is this because we removed his bathtube?
Well he is offering.
>>
>>30516117
I think it's worth saying you don't necesarily have to give manual commands for his every bodily need. Leaf eats and generally takes care of himself on his own. The not bathing part was purely because, seeing how he's been lately, I found it fitting that he was forgetting some grooming.
>>
B
>>
>>30515990
Tell me where they are so I'll take one right after this conversation. Anyway I need help in a fight against the worm.
>>
>>30516130
Boop
>>
https://pastebin.com/QYcupt4f
>>
>>30518776
wew
>>
>>30516117 >>30517117
"Showers?" You remember, and regret, how you repurposed your bathtub, "Where? And what about my wings."

"Red door near the kitchen." He points vaguely with a wing. "But you needed something? Other than a shower and preening?"

"Remember that thing on the sea? The worm?"

"What's a worm."

"Er, the giant snake?"

"Forget Pinky? As if. It was like a bedtime story gone wrong." He rustles his wings as if shuddering.

"What if I told you it's coming here."

"I'd grab Dance and get the hell out of dodge." He says immediately, grimacing. "Why haven't you?"

"Because it's coming for me."

"Oh." He nods, "Don't grab your girl then. Or Dance."

"I don't have--" You shake your head, "I don't really know what am I supposed to do about this. I was thinking of... explosives maybe. I heard some people fishes like that?"

"Maybe, yeah. You--" He turns suddenly and shouts something at one of the people carrying boxes, "Sorry, new guys. But yeah, you want to blow the thing up?" He pauses for effect, extending his wings fully for emphasis, "I am all for it. Pinky bits raining are about the best thing that could happen."
>>
>>30519350
So can you find or get it then?
>>
>>30519412
"So can you get them?"

"Whoa, whoa, that's a bit of a bigger question," He gestures at you to give him time with a wing, almost putting it on your face, "Alright so this thing was what, sixty meters long? Eighty?"

"I wasn't screaming for a ruler, you know."

"Right. So let's say eighty, and about ten thick? That'd be... I got no idea how many explosives, gimme a sec." He flies off without waiting for an answer.

You sit on the docks after a moment. He doesn't return immediately, but Dance does, her silvery blue mane tied, "So you are here. How are your wings?" She doesn't wait for a question before pulling one unfolded, "Sea's head? Is she wearing her patches?"

That gives you pause, "I forgot about that."

"The rugged type's so bad. Barely better than the suicidals," She feels your wing base, "Any pain?"

"Just--" She stops moving her hoof, "Yeah, about there."

She pushes it with calculated ruthlessness, making the pain worsen for an instant and then disappear, then smells your fur, "Has Sea swam in this water?"

"No idea. If she got fish she swam away--" You remember that she had to tie herself to her shack to swim away. "How did she get that fish."

"I hope you didn't eat it." Says Dance, "Bring her here later."

"So I am good?"

"For now."

"How's your rib doing?" You give her chest a look.

"The rib? Got it reset, should be fine in a few weeks."

"Found him," Rev comes with a stallion well into his forties, "Leaf, Badabam, Badabam, Leaf."

"A pleshure," He offers a hoof to shake and seemingly tries to make you fall on your face with it, "You want to blow someone up?"

"Sssssort of." You try to cast off your qualms on the subject. "Big sea monster."

"Kid says it's pretty big... you sure you want to soldier on with this?"

"Not much of a choice."

"If it's the size he told me it won't come cheap." He shrugs, as if saying 'What can I do', "Five hundred the boomstick, or just about. Siren export. Let's say... five's a nice number."
>>
>>30519922
Time to scourge up some money then. Where can we usually find you in order to pay you?
>>
>>30520045
"Twenty five hundred." You cringe. "You can't uhm, discount per quantity? Or... a payment plan?"

"Kid, can I be straight withya, stallion to stallion and all?"

"I... don't think you care about my answer to that."

"You don't have the weight here to ask neither of those things," He ignores you. "You get me the pearls upfront, I get you the sticks nice and easy, hm? Ask for me around here." He walks past you with a wave of his hoof.

"Great." You scowl, "Just damn great."

"Sorry for that, the business attracts that sort." Rev winces, "IIIII guess we could talk with my cap' about that? He likes this city."

"Rev, you know he's not... the most believing about that snake being real." Says Dance as carefully as she can, "Or at least as bad as we know it is. We don't exactly have proof, do we?"

Probably won't update anymore today. Just feeling off and I can't write properly.
>>
>>30520704
Alright, let's go see bubba.
>>
>>30520704
Maybe some Poisons or acids? I don't think I can scourage enough pearls in time. Not unless there are ponies looking to buy clouds. Do you guys know anyone who would want to buy some, other than Bubba?
>>
>>30520704
Maybe, Star could playback what happened on her face if she has it? Then we would have video proof!
>>
Reminder for myself tomorrow: Also add them discussion the possibility of finding another hunter because I forgot completely about that.
>>
>>30520704
Gonna be honest. I heard from some unseen whisp that the Worm snake would eventually come back since it's not dead.
Sure you could discount it as the stress getting to me, but it's not impossible for the creature to have been able to trackour location. And it's not dead. Plus....magic.
>>
>>30521837
Why another hunter?
>>
>>30521845
Ask whoever proposed that idea together with the explosives one. My interpretation is guarantee some extra help.
>>
>>30521851
I remember proposing the explosives idea myself with a bit of the science and why it's awesome, but not the extra hunters one. Can you show me the post?
>>
>>30521886
Odd, I've been checking the archives and can't find it. Call it a brainfart on my part.
>>
File: unknown.png (83KB, 868x522px) Image search: [Google]
unknown.png
83KB, 868x522px
Uploaded it earlier by mistake, hence me deleting it, but lo and behold Leaf drawn by a leaf.
>>
>>30522124
Gib a leaf shaped snootle
>>
>>30520704
Other then getting covered in nasty slime. Maybe if we got something from the sea ponies Duck I forgot what they were called. Triens? Tritens?

So how've you guys been?
>>
>>30522124
Nitzan is main waifu
>>
It's time to hit those showers.
>>
>>30523287
Don't drop the soap. Soap is bad substitute for lube.
>>
File: file.png (14KB, 378x435px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
14KB, 378x435px
>>30522654
You mean these ones? They are either tritons or fish ponies depending on who you ask. Don't use the later on their face, though.
>>
>>30524381
10/10 would fuck again.
>>
Might not update today because of life.
>>
The forbidden love between a triton and a pegasi. When heaven and earth meet. Or in this case the heaven and sea.
>>
>>30526892
>>
>>30528019
>>
>>30529393
>>
>>30522654
>>30530283
>>
File: file.png (29KB, 1116x1120px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
29KB, 1116x1120px
>>30521478 >>30521680 >>30521813 >>30521838
>>30522654 >>30524381 >>30522926
"Why are you so sure this thing's coming after you in the first place?" Asks Dance, looking at you critically.

"It's... I might have an answer, give me a few," You half trot, half glide back home, wondering if it's a good idea to tell them some a wisp talked with you. Maybe you can avoid it...

"Leaf?" Natan catches up to you, one of his bellows open and blasting air. "What is it?"

"Getting the Star."

He slows down his pace, and you leave him behind quickly. The Star is once again sleeping on the roof- the second floor rather, and perks up as soon as you call it.

"Videos?" She repeats, thinking, "I don't save raster data... But I can convert it to that. I'll just need a few hours."

"Can it be faster?" You insist. "Minutes?"

"Is it that urgent?" She asks hesitantly, "I'll have to turn off."

"What? Why now--"

"No no, I, as in I, not the--" She stops talking, "The empathic interface. Not the machine."

You just stare at her.

"Just-- It's easier to show." She floats to you. "Just be calm."

"What for."

"Turn on, you dumb--" Several pieces in her click, and she falls completely silent, pieces returning to looking like a star.

"Star?"

A moment passes.

"Empathic interface disabled." Talks the same plain, scratchy voice the Star had when it had just been turned on. "Disabling lateral thinking. Disabling pattern thought. Disabling location tracking. Enabling multiprocess. Assigning processing time to imaging systems. Now composing video data. Userland disabled until processing time is available."

"What?"

"Notice: Speech patterns modified by empathic interface. Almost all processing power is now being dedicated to generating video. Remaining time: Ten minutes."

You sigh and head back to the docks, the Star trailing after you silently.

>1/2
>>
"Oh, Natan," You walk a little faster to him, "The Star--"

As if on cue she flies over you -heat blossoming on her wake- and takes a dip into the water, where she remains for almost a minute.

"What happened to it-- her?" Asks Natan, concerned.

The Star floats out of the water, trailing steam and the case of some of her pieces opening and closing spastically to release air blasts.

"Cooling cycle complete." She says as if it was the explanation to everything.

"Let's get going." You start walking again, Natan keeping his eye on the Star at and and all moments- much to Nitzan's discontent, from the way she kicks him.

"Leaf, do you mind a question?" He asks when you are nearing Rev's ship. "Since you know her better than I do... Do you also get the impression that Seaweed has a rather romanticized idea of what a hunter is?"

>2/2
>>
>>30533495
Why is our house so shit?
>>
>>30533499
Does she need to do the same thing for taking pictures? Pictures are just as good if not better.
>>
>>30533499
>"Since you know her better than I do... Do you also get the impression that Seaweed has a rather romanticized idea of what a hunter is?"
Maybe? Possibly. I wish I knew her more so I could give you a better answer. Back in Equestria I know there are some ponies that are just like her. Thrill seekers looking for the next big challenge.
>>
>>30533495
Nito. Is pone pone pone pone pone home.
I see that little bit of green on those rows of tiled soil. We making progress boi's. Maybe we should invite all the "earth" ponies to our turn to laying around and smell the grass. Mmmmmm do I love the smell of fresh earth.

>>30533499
Yeah man she's a little different. It's kind of scary how much she enjoyed fighting that monster.
>>
>>30533499
Odd. Star mentioned something about patterns and other stuff. What do you think Natan?
>>
>>30533499
She's real passionate about it, yeah. I guess when you live alone out here you need something to keep you going.
>>
>>30533541 >>30533683 >>30534080 >>30534555

"I am still on the ropes about that. You know she's cold and all that?"

"I am aware, yes."

"Well, has she talked with you about hunting? At all?"

"I've seen her talk with you. She is... passionate on the subject."

"Passionate's not the half of it. That smile of hers scares me a little."

"And she seems to be impatient for the creature to come here."

"I can't..." You pause. "I don't think I can explain to you how much she enjoyed fighting it."

"I can manage an idea."

"You really can't."

"Mhmm. But I might see myself soon if we have bad enough luck."

You prefer not to voice what you think about that and keep walking, and soon enough the Star falls to the floor with a loud clack.

"Ouch." She says, her voice back to normal. "Done." She slides to you like a snake. "Are we close? This video is big."

"Did you really want to... rastr--"

"Rasterize it."

"Rasterize it?"

"Just give me some hours next time." She jumps back onto the water. "Itis hard to think with something this big in memory."

"You sure you are okay?" You peek down from the planks. She's 'swimming' in there, following you.

"Just give me a few." She says simply.

"Alright." You nod, looking the direction you are walking again. "If you say so..."

Natan can't seem to stop giving her quick glances during the minute or two it takes us to reach the ship.

"Hey--"

"Ah!"

"What?"

"Don't do that!"

"Don't be so jittery." Rev lands behind you, seemingly amused that he gave you a scare, "You got your answer--? Oh hey, it's you." He gives a curious look to the Star, "The odd Duda?"

It takes her a moment to understand the question, "I am not a Duda."

"Oh."

"But I have video proof."

Rev stares at her, then at you, "You two keep making up words."

"What? Hey, I am not."

>1/3
>>
"Twilight Sparkle made me with several million words." Says the star mater-of-factly, her voice ever so slightly smug, "And all of them are real. But look!" Her panels rearrange themselves as to present the largest possible flat surface, and a video starts playing in it.

"Pony." Its booming voice reverberates. "Give me the machine."

You can't help shuddering, but Rev's reaction is more extreme- He makes himself scarce, flying off with a little squeal.

"You brought that thing here!?" Rev shouts from a rooftop.

"What!?" You ask back, forced to shout because of the distance, "I-- No! It's just a video!"

"Curious." Natan pokes the image with a finger hesitantly, as if expecting his finger to enter it.

"It's a moving picture!" You keep telling Rev, "Just, just an image with sound to it!"

"You brought freaking Pinky! Of course it'd come after you!" He points at you accusingly.

"It's magic!" Shouts the Star simply, looking at you, "Like a mirror that reflects what I saw!"

Rev points at you again, as if tempted to accuse you further, and lowers it with an abashed expression before fluttering to you slowly.

"See?" The Star whispers to you, "Twilight taught me that. Just say it's magic if they don't understand."

"This is what it said?" Asks Rev, keeping you between himself and the Star. The Star is, in the video, now gliding with you away from the worm.

"Yes." You say gruffly, "This thing wanted me, and you think it's--"

"Let's make it shorter." He walks off, gesturing at you to follow, "Show it to the cap, make your case."

Wait.

Fuck.

You and Sea on that cloud.

>2/3
>>
You give a panicked look to the Star.

"Does the video have all of it?" You whisper nervously.

"Why wouldn't it?" She gives you a completely innocent look, whispering too, then perks up, "Ooooooh..."

"Oh?" You ask hopefuly.

"Ooooooh," She nods, "My systems don't log private affairs." She says.

"So that on the cloud--"

She smiles, "It's only a blank area for me."

"Oh thank Celestia."

"Thank who?"

You blink and remember to make a curtsy to the captain, who is standing impatiently.

"Boy's saying you got something for me."

"Yeah, Star? Can you play from the start?"

The captain's reaction is as immediate as Rev's. He punched the image.

"Hey!" Exclaims the Star, offended.

"It's magic," You rush to explain, "Like a mirror that shows what she's seen. The worm's not here."

He nods, not buying it quite yet, and taps his hoof against the boards as the video plays.

"The creature proved to be childish, spiteful, murderous, and single minded." Says the Star once it's over. "I think it's reasonable to expect it's readying to come here. Possibly for the city as a terror tactic."

"Hm." It's all the captain says at first, thinking, "Kid-- Far something? Far, this thing is after you. Do you have any ideas of what to do about it?" He seems to be done, then adds. "Not the explosives. Anything you have in mind to prevent this thing killing half the city."

You have the feeling he's testing you with the question.

>3/3
>>
Also, sorry to those of you who are annoyed by the constant multiposts I've been doing this thread. It just keeps happening.
>>
>>30534720
It'd be less annoying without the double spacing.
>>
>>30534691
All the weak and feeble hide while the strong fight it. Poisoning it. Leading it into a trap or ambush.
Finding the elements of harmony.
>>
Something came up, so paused early this time.
Or rather didn't start as early as I wanted to. Drat.
>>
>>30534691
Same as last time maybe? But with more guns, ponies. Maybe some very very acidic alchemical waste from Bubba. We seriously can't get any boom sticks? What if we showed our case to that one Siren we saw at the parade?

Bruh do we have thermite? That shit would work. Iron rust and aluminum powder to make the spiciest chemical reaction.
Wait. Wait wait wait no? Maaaybe Leaf might not know about that?
>>
>>30534691
>Anything you have in mind to prevent this thing killing half the city
Moving away from the city with Star? But I'm pretty sure we wont win against it with just me, Star, and Sea.
Is there no one who could help or make a substitute explosive? Maybe a unicorn could make some magic bomb?
Hey Star? Do you have some recipe for something dangerous in your memory?
>>
>>30534691
Dynamite are Siren exports right? What are the odds of finding a Siren who might sell those at a cheaper price then what Badabam was selling them for?
>>
>>30534691
Do you know what time it is?
>>
>>30534691
Man. We should show more people the worm monster video your reaction was priceless. *scared whinnies* ha!
>>
I still want to know if Natan would be capable of repair that projector or whatever it was. Is it for writing on a transparent sheet? Is it movie film?
>>
Annoying worm bump
>>
>>30536702
Its a movie projector. Will see if I can take care of it next update.
>>
>>30537665
>>
>>30534773 >>30535358 >>30535386
>>30535529 >>30535534 >>30536001
>>30537943

"My friend Sea wants to fight it. She's a hunter. And Herb said we should leave the city, but I--"
The Star talks over you, "We'll need extra help to defend ourselves against it. We barely managed to anger the creature, and can't let it have any clue of how to reach our home."
"And I--"
"What happened with the explosives?" Natan interrupts you.
"Siren exports cost too much for now."
"Maybe there's cheaper alternatives?"

"Maybe," You nod impatiently, "But let's get on track. The boomsticks cost too much, but I was also thinking of either finding a siren who sells cheaper or some poison or acid. A guy who makes potions told me they always have some adverse effect, but if it's just meant to hurt you..." You leave it hanging.

The captain looks at you carefully for, you feel, the way you talk as much as what you are saying, and only speaks up a moment after you've stopped, "You don't like any of this, don't you?"
The non sequitur trips you up for a moment, "Why would I like it?"
"Tell me why you don't." He ignores your question. "You look like a snake in a box."
You give a look to Rev. He shrugs, as if he himself had passed through this and didn't have a better idea of how to get out of it than you do.
"I... don't want to fight this thing." You click your teeth together a few times, thinking. "I don't want to fight at all, and this thing is forcing me to, so I can't help trying to think of a peaceful way to avoid it."
You aren't sure any read on the old stallion is reliable at all, but you have the feeling he's pleased. "I'll believe that this thing is coming here for now. You and that mare know it better than I do, so try to find a proper way to help taking care of it -any at all- and I might see what I can do to help. And I'll talk with other captains to keep extra moonlets patrolling."
The secondary threat in his voice tone and face is palpable: 'Don't betray my trust or else.'
>>
This question didn't fit in the charlimit, but any problems with this line spacing? Double for long paragraphs and normal for short ones?
>>
>>30540263
We'll be there. Still need to try boiling water and catching the condensation.
>>
>>30540350
Didn't we make a contraption that extracts what little water it can from the slightly salty water?
Better idea. We buy a water proof tarp and collect the rain water we would make from the water we would collect. We can sell them for a pearl a Liter.
>>
>>30540263
I do my best.

>>30540277
I like it.
>>
>>30540350 >>30540395 >>30540426
"I'll be there." You nod, sighing in relief, "Thanks for this."
"Use it well. Now, I have things to do."
"Won't hold you up." You nod. "I'll try to figure out something in a few days."
"We are docking off in about a week."
You nod and head back to your job, the Star following you, "Leaf?" She asks, "When are we talking to the noble?"
"I am still figuring that out." You say. "I don't exactly have weight to pull here, Star, do I?"
"Why wouldn't you?" She asks, legitimately confused. "We are foreign ambassadors from a land which could supply rare materials for trading. Preferential trading would be valuable, wouldn't it?"
"Maybe." You close your eyes tight for a moment, taking a deep breath, and smile at her, "But now I gotta do the boring stuff, so you can go back home."
"I don't like leaving you alone." She admits, completely serious. "But oookaay."
She flies off and you keep walking, whistling a song you forgot the name off in your way to work, and after a few streets -when you are walking in what looks like a street market, baskets of fruit and fish hanging from the many stands- smile more widely, "Hey!"
Cas takes her gaze off the fruit and walks to you, some extra spring on her step this morning, "Having a good day?"
"Was about to ask." You realize you are swinging your flanks some, dancing to an unheard song, and stop it abashedly. Her answer is giggling and swinging her flanks herself, looking at you mockingly, and you feel tempted to grab her in an impromptu dance like you did with Sea. "Isn't your home far from here?"
"Just checking on things. So," She moves closer to you. "Why don't we make this a good night too?"
"Cas, please." You back off, but can't help smiling.
"What? It's just an innocent question." She sticks out her tongue out at you. "What's so great about your day, anyway?"

Sea will need reading while Leaf is working. Do you prefer to play as Natan or the Star to help her?
>>
>>30540649
Oh, Star!
I spoke to a princess from back home in a dream. That's a thing they can do. It's nice to know they're trying to get me back.
>>
>>30540649
Natan would be good he can learn new things.
>>
>>30540649
There is a little thing that's dampening my day, but all around I still feel pretty good!
>>
>>30540649
Know anyone who'd want to buy clouds?
>>
>>30540810 >>30540918 >>30541294
>>30541452
"Oh, nothing, nothing... just dreamed with the princess."
"Oh?"
"Yeah! Equestrian princesses can enter dreams."
"Oh." She seems uncomfortable. "That... sure puts me at ease. And what did she do?"
"She assured me they are making efforts to reach me, told me to get into a noble's library."
"A library. Does she know how hard that is?"
"I told her. But there's this pony, Creek-- Creaking Meadow? You heard of her? Equestrian too. And her journals might be there."
"Huh." She nods, thinking, "Well, good luck with that."
"Did I bog down your day?" You ask her, "Don't tell me I did."
"Pfft, Leaf," She boops you, "Don't worry so much, you are prettier when you smile."

> -º-

"Hey."
You turn to Sea, "Hm?"
"Can you read." It's more of a demand than a question. "I need to find notice boards."

Paused. Also make a decision https://strawpoll.com/wysard4c .
>>
>>30541806
Oh shit yal. Are we gonna go on an adventure with Sea?
>>
>>30541806
It took we a while to understand the shift in characters.

> -º-
> 0w0 what this?
>>
So what's the current deal with fucking and not fucking Cas?
>>
Fuck?
>>
>>30541806
>"I need to find notice boards."
What are you looking for in particular?

So notice boards are like role playing game things? Mmmmm nah? Communities sort of have those.
What does Sea expect find in particular?
>>
>>30541806
Of course! I'm capable of reading many common languages and learning new ones at an accelerated rate!
>>
>>30541806
Oh. It looks like we're gonna do another perspective change. Time to fuck around.

Gosh I sure hope Leaf returns so I can wipe his hot sexy cock all over myself.
>>
>>30545089
this.
no I'm kidding
>>
Hope we can find something interesting.
>>
>>30542640 >>30543178 >>30543239 >>30545089
>>30544150 >>30544819 >>30544904 >>30545785
"Of course I can! I've already checked most text I could find for that." You float to her, your pieces floating lazily in what you'd call the shape of a snake more for convenience than anything else. "What are we looking for?"

"I'll know when I find it." She says simply. "Copper can!"
"I am not made of copper." Protests Natan.
"Whatever. Keep an eye on our houses." She walks off without another word, and after a moment and giving Natan an apologetic look you follow her.
"So..." You float around her, doing some loops, "What is that you'll know when you see it?"
"Something that doesn't bore me."
A moment passes, with you looking the path she's taking, "Do you know where to find a board?"
"I'll do eventually."
"The closest one in the opposite direction."
She pauses and turns around without a word.

The board is inside a small bar, it's grime and disparagement looking strangely thoughtful-- as is the owner's demeanor and the stink eye he gives you. You still wave a leg at him with a smile.

"Snake training?" You read the largest and brightest piece of clay. Purple_pattern perks up at this, wondering -not for the first time- if they've found some type of ceramic that dries quickly than it normally does.

"No."
"Taking care of someone's mother?"
"Like Styx I will."
"Then what about a ra--" Race, you were going to say, but a triton is leaning on Seaweed.
"Heeey," You only now notice that their faces, while superficially similar to that of a pony, have the rough shape of a pig's when seen sideways. "Not all floating bodies are ugly like they told me."
"I can't say the same about you."
"Come on babe, you can't see us!"
"Thankfully." Her scowl, normally apathetic, starts turning actually antipathetic.

>1/2
>>
"Hey, I like a girl with a sense of humor." He talks closer to her ear, talking more quietly. "We could..."
Your systems tag that as Private Affairs and stop logging it to long-term storage. Not that you care to save it manually, either.
"Fine. Where is your face." She lifts a hoof.
"Right he--"
She punches him. Cyan_pattern and Orange_pattern are surprised that he actually flies a small distance, half a meter or so.
"Ow!" He seems uncaring that his jaw is broken, "You bitch!"
Sea seems nothing but pleased, her stance more relaxed than it's been in the last couple of days.
"You two." The owner aims a gun at Sea, something like a flare pistol-based mini shotgun. "Take it outside."

>2/2
>>
lol you fucked up
>>
>>30547331
That would be wise. Property damage is not good for relations.
>>
>>30547331
Tell Sea that she should have told him to leave before hitting him. Other wise good job.
>>
>>30547331
>Yellow_pattern
Ask the triton if he is ok and if he needs assistance to the nearest hospital. He really shouldn't flirt with ponies who don't want to be bothered with, else that might happen again.

>Pink_pattern and Purple_pattern
Wave to the owner and inquire about the type of firearm he has in his possession. Is it some kind of two shot flare gun that can fire both or the individual barrels, or something special? Where did he buy it? Or did he craft it? Does he know any good deals on guns and flares? Does he own an? What's his name? (What's his race?) How does he feel about living in a city? How does he feel about living in a slightly distopic water world? Do you have any interesting jobs for my friend? Can you tell me anything interesting? Please don't shoot me as flares would be ineffective against my platings. Do yo serve food? If you serve food what kind of food? Is there some historical background and history behind each dish? Are there fight clubs in this city? Are there professional fighting tournaments in this city with pearl prizes? Can you tell me what you know about the parade? Can you tell me about the city? What can you tell me about the noble of this city? Do you know where I can find a library? Can you tell me about tritons and their culture? What's the inured triton's name? Why is he here? Has he seen any machines like me? Does he know how his race has evolved? Is he aware that his snout has a vague similarity of that of a pig? Does he work out? Is he our average physical fitness for a male triton? Do you have any hobbies? Does anyone here know anything about pegasi culture? Maybe I can do the snake training job what do you thing Sea? Hey Sea where were you born? Who were your parents? Do you think yourself to be a prideful mare? What do female triton's look like? What can you tell me about the Sirens? Can you tell me about the geography of this world? What is the Stryx? Is it like a wet Tartarus? Why haven't we've seen any unicorns?
>>
>>30547331
Is the bartender referring to us and Seaweed, or Seaweed and the unnnamed triton? If it's us then grab the racing notice.
>>
>>30547331
Don't shoot bro, I'm innocent. But I will react in self defense should you shoot me.
>>
>>30547331
We should keep the scary monster video. For emergency intimidation purposes.
>>
>>30547331
Zigger_Pattern
Zigga get yo piece out of my face fo I bust a cap in yo broke ass.
>>
File: file.png (45KB, 543x426px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
45KB, 543x426px
>>30547404 >>30547335 >>30547417
>>30547530 >>30547646 >>30547663 >>30547719
"Sea, maybe we should."
She just stands perfectly still, her head low and legs ready to move and ears twitching.

The triton passages his (Or her?) jaw and giving Sea a mean look, baring small teeth-- All where Sea punched broken, notes Yellow_pattern who is prompting you to ask if he's well. You don't think it'll stop arguing with Cyan_pattern -who prompts you to cheer up Sea- about that anytime soon.

He lifts a hoof, the leg bending differently from how a pony's would but obviously ready to hit back.

Sea smiles. It's a smile that grows slowly, over almost ten seconds, and -as all patterns tell you- has way too many teeth. It also seems to make the triton reconsider many things- the life that led him here and the wisdom of picking up a fight chief among them, as white_pattern puts it.

The bartender's gun clicks.
"Is he armed."
"It's aimed at you." You tell her quickly.
Her tail leashes once in displeasure, and she walks off the bar in silence, feeling the wall for a moment before finding the door.
"Hey!" You chase after Sea, disregarding the gun that's still aimed at you-- Purple_pattern reminds you proudly and without necessity that something that small simply can't do actual damage to you. "Heeeey."

"What." She is walking in a random direction again.
"Turn left."
You look carefully at her hooves. She feels the edge of the boardwalk with each step.
"How come you know where people is?"
"People is alive."
"Oh?"
She is silent, so you speak up again, "I wanted to talk with the bartender." She doesn't answer, "I had exactly forty questions for him."
"Do you count them."
"Purple does."
Another moment of silence passes, "Did the board have anything else."
You take a moment to recall it's contents, and tell her...
>>
>>30549153
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1sruEnQ9HkU
>>
>>30549153
There is a race being held on the 11th and a snake charmer job next to the snake charmer job if I'm reading it right.
>>
>>30549153
Wait, is that a snake charmer living right next to someone who needs a snake trainer? Ask her if she'd prefer cloths or cleaning.
>>
>>30549153
Oh. This was a prompt.
Can we go back and ear rape the bartender with our questions?
>>
>>30549153
Aside from all the ones I've mentioned and the race when you intueubted me, there was a Snack Charmer job.
>>
>>30549293 >>30549302 >>30549412 >>30549520
"I was telling you about a race when the triton appeared... and there was a snake charmer job, do you you think I could do that?"
"Why would you."
"Maybe I'd be good at it, what do you think? Can you charm snakes?"
"Why could I."
"I just don't know anything about you! Like where were you born-"
"I didn't ask."
"-Who are your parents-"
"Why would you care."
"-Do you think you are prideful-"
"Stop it."
"-Or Stryx-- Styx. is it like Tartarus but--"
"Shut. Up!" She says gruffly, punctuating the words with a loud step and stopping her walk. "I don't care about any of those questions."
You shut up. After a second or two, you realize the daemon that draws your face on the plate failed and restart it.
"What race." She says curtly.
"It's the eleventh."
"That's today."
A moment of silence passes.
"Where."
"May avenue club."
She walks off without another word.
>>
>>30550232
Follow heeeeer. Make sure she doesntvget into any trouble.
>>
>>30550232
Become snek
Hiss hiss
You are now Lord of the sneks
A bunch of boop noodles follow you following Sea
A sea of snek and hiss
>>
>>30550232
Curious as to how she will do. Let's check. I wish we could go do the snake charming job though. Maybe yellow part would be able to give advice onto how to train and charm the snakes.
>>
>>30550232
Cast Snake swarm. Call upon your hoard of noodles.
>>
>>30550232
Damn. Why does she hav e to be so grumpy? She must be one of those rare cases of ponies who prefer to be alone.
Offer to carry Sea. It'll be faster!
>>
>>30550232
Grab a few sneks from the water.
WE SHALL BECOME THE GODDESS OF SNAKES. THEY SHALL BUILD SHRINE IN OUR LIKENESS.
AS OUR NUMBER OF DEVOTE SNAKE FOLLOWERS INCREASE, SO TO WILL OUR DIVINE POWER.

>Pink_pattern, Yellow_pattern and Purple_pattern?
>>
>>30550460
Pink for sillies, Yellow for animal handling, Purple for knowledge and being neurotic.
>>
File: 046.gif (23KB, 574x589px) Image search: [Google]
046.gif
23KB, 574x589px
>>30550245 >>30550316 >>30550390 >>30550467
>>30550418 >>30550427 >>30550460 >>30550467
You play the samples Purple_pattern and yellow_pattern have been collecting, hissing. Ha! This will show her! You will advance with a wave of--
A single snake appears. Then it goes away. Purple_pattern isn't pleased, but still intends to keep collecting sound samples.
Not like you need them anyway. You follow after Sea, crawling after her and wondering why is she so grumpy.
"Do you want me to carry you." She doesn't answer. "I could carry two of you. Purple checked."
"Don't."
"Fiiine."
After almost an hour of searching and asking for directions you reach it- a sports club, it's doors made of ornate glass.
Not as good as Equestria's, of course. But still ornate.
We wander until Sea finds the inscription table, where a stallion seems thoroughly displeased at seeing Sea, "If I could be of service?" He asks, not bothering to dissimulate that he really doesn't want to.
"Is the race here."
"Well yes, but the spectator area--"
"I am entering."
"You can't! It's--"
"Is there a rule that doesn't allow--"
"As a mater of fact--"
"Is there really." Asks Sea severely, warning him of what'll happen if he lies.

>1/2
>>
"Miss, are you threatening me?"
"I am making one simple question."
"I won't have a scoundrel, blackwater swimming--"
"Well excuse me," Says Sea loudly, still not shouting. "For being under your spit."
A few ponies are gathering around us now, eyeing the scene curiously.
"Is there any rule against me entering now." Repeats Sea drily.
The clerk's eyes dash to the crowd and back to Sea, seemingly feeling victorious. "Miss, do you suffer any disability--"
"Not as many--" Sea lifts a leg, but you wrap some of your pieces around it to prevent her from lifting it.
...And then have to add all pieces but your face plate to keep it down.
"No, mister," Says Sea through gritted teeth. "I don't suffer any."
"Then, do you have enough for the registration fee?" He continues smugly.
"Is the prize more than the fee?"
"Well yes, of course--"
"How much more."
"First place is thrice--"
"Thing, get on the table."
"What?" You ask, doing just that nonetheless, "Why?"
"If I win I'll pay twice the fee." She pounds her hoof on the table, "If I don't you keep it."
Wait what.

>2/2
Paused.
>>
>>30550929
>Blue_pattern
Wow. Your a dick!
That's sort of fine. If you win I'm keeping the winnings for my repairs! That sounds fair.
and on the chance she loses, who's really gonna stop us? None of their primitive weapons will do any good.
Oh! Why don't you bet your spear?
>>
File: venn-diagram.jpg (373KB, 850x1000px) Image search: [Google]
venn-diagram.jpg
373KB, 850x1000px
>>30550929
This is such an exciting and educational exsperience Sea. So exciting that I'm going to consult with my chart.
>>
>>30551128
>>30551137
Chill guys. Our girl knows what she's doing. I hope. But just in case she doesnt and we really don't want to get sold to some stranger without our own consent....

>>30550929
Hello my good stallion. You said the reward is for first place is thrice the registration fee? How much is that?
Can you tell me in detail how this race will work? What are the rules? Don't hold anything out. I'm all ears. If I had any.
>>
>>30550929
What is the race of this stallion? Most likely pegasi.
Hey mister what's your name? Why don't seem to like my friend. Are you racist? Do you hate earth ponies? Do you dislike ponies with disabilities? Do you have a gun? Do you know why ponies here use flare guns instead of actual firearms? What are the rules for the race? Is there an age requirement for participants? The notice board said Nay's avenue club. Are you Nay and is this your club? Was "blackwater swimming" supposed to be an insult? What is the historical significance behind it? What can you tell me about this fine establishment? How long has it been open? Do you consider yourself a handsome pony? Your wings look small. Are you eating right?

Oh and the previous questions that haven't been answered.
>>
Nu
>>
>>30550929
Let us practice the ways of snek charming and training as Sea does her thing.
>>
>>30551128 >>30551137 >>30551197 >>30551237 >>30553172
"What!"
"What!?"
"Sea!"
"Miss!"
"Sea!" You repeat.
"Do you have anywhere private." Asks Sea, her voice dripping sweet poison.
"There." Points the clerk immediately and unthinkingly. "The bathrooms."
Sea stays still for a fraction of a second, then you pull her there.
"Can't you bet your spear in this!?" You do what White_pattern calls whisper-shouting.
"First, my spear is just a stick with something pointy on it." She rushes to whisper. "Second, the race's about to start."
"You don't know that!"
"He though I had come see it, you squat." She turns around to open the door, pushes away whoever was hearing on us, and speaks up. "When does the race start."
The clerk clears his throat, disgruntled, "In about ten minutes, ma'am."
"You hear that?" Sea turns to you making a face, "There's no time to go there and back, and this guy might as well run it earlier just in case."
"Blue wants me to call you names." You admit. "And I want to do that too."
"What?" She pauses, "Look, as much as I hate using people, this is barely doing that and you are my only way into this thing. I haven't swam in days, little thing. Why don't you stop floating around and tell me what it's like?"
"Maybe I will! How do you know they won't shackle me or something!?"
"You can throw thunder at people."
"What? No, I can't! There's protocol!"
She opens the door and stares at someone for a moment. That seemsto scare them away.
"Keep the money if you want it." Sea clenches her teeth tightly enough that you worry she'll crack one. "You asked me if I am prideful, didn't you? It's not about if I win, it's when I win." Her jaw relaxes with every word, "All I want is clean water to swim, which in cities I need a pool for, which I am sure this place has. Even hunting comes after that."
>>
>>30553780
Well ok then. If you just need a place to swim and they so happen to have a pool, I'm sure we can work something out! Oh maybe I can help you get a membership card. Then you can swim here whenever so long as we're in the city.
>>
>>30553780
What are our protocols again?
Was helping Leaf first or secondary?
>>
>>30553780
If its in ten minutes then you should do some streaching so you don't get any muscle cramps.
>>
>>30553780
Summon sneks.
>>
>>30553780
Let's do this. But just so you know, on the chance you lose I'm not going with that guy.
>>
>>30553830 >>30553942 >>30554576 >>30555292
"Oookaaay. But don't you lose!" You say severely, ignoring the things that Cyan_pattern still wants you to tell her. She doesn't answer. "And stretch!"
Seaweed walks off the bathroom quietly, then stops almost immediately to avoid crashing onto a stallion dressed similarly to the clerk.

"Forgive the inconveniences my employee might've caused," He says immediately, making a quick curtsy with some fancy wing moves to it. "It's against our rules to accept anything more than the established entrance fee. That said, bets are... rare." He seems tempted to call it something else.

You give a look to the small crowd that's still interested in all this. A few of them are tritons, dressed in what looks like team suits, and one is a sky-blue unicorn. Hey! Purple_pattern perks up at this immediately, insisting that you go talk with him.

"But seeing as how you've picked up the interest from some participants, we'll make an exception this time. Who are you?" He asks you. "I didn't know... Dudas? painted their bodies, or that there were designs like yours?" He pauses, as if shoving this all aside. "But if you agreed to it, we'd employ you for a few weeks to pay her debt."

"I'll do it." You can't help being unhappy about saying it. "And I am not a Duda."
"Splendid." He walks to the registration table, "If you would?"
"If I would what." Asks Sea.
The stallion blinks before answering, "Sign?"
"Ah." Sea follows him walking just a little faster than it's necessary to, and Pink_pattern wonders if it's to catch the stallion before he takes his hoof off the spot where she has to sign. "What else."

"Now... yes, you," He gestures at the racers that are watching this, "Would you guide her?"
You start floating away, but he is quick to notice you, "Since you are being the one in the bet, perhaps you'd like to watch the race with me?"
>>
>>30555375
Sure. Tell me about the racer. How come there are so few unicorns?

Keep an eye out for the unicorn. I don't want then to cheat by casting any spells.
>>
>>30555375
I had a fuck ton of questions, but I'm feeling too lazy to mention them again.

Tell me about the pool. Is it only reserved for racing events? Are there memberships?
>>
>>30555375
Where will you be seated?
>>
File: file.png (37KB, 607x332px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
37KB, 607x332px
>>30555573 >>30555721 >>30556276
"Suure." You say, not quite wanting to. "Where do we sit?"
"We'll have the best seats, of course." He guides you. "Little miss...?"
"Star."

"My friends call me Heed." He smiles. "I trust you will find the race harrowing, Miss Star." He opens a door and waits for you to pass, again gesturing with his wings. Purple_pattern highlighting all information related to the unicorn constantly. He's entering the room behind you, examining you carefully when he thinks you don't notice it.

"Why are there so few unicorns?" You ask Heed,

He takes a moment to answer, climbing stairs to reach what looks to be a VIP area. "It's not every day that I am asked that, miss."

"My homeland is very different to this."

"Homeland?"

"Just imagine I am a foreign dignitary."

"If you insist, miss Star... unicorns choose their mates very carefully to keep their bloodlines strong. It's a mater of pride for them, especially for nobles." He opens the door of a well furnished room that overlooks the race while keeping the rest of the spectators from sight, but seems worried when you enter it directly. "Miss!"

You give him a confused look. He points at the closest pony to the window, an off-white mare with golden, flowing mane. An unicorn too.

"Noble." He says through a changrin, clearly trying to avoid a scene.

You make a reverence, even when she isn't looking in your direction. Heed seems pleased.

"Do you only use this for races?"
"Hm? The pool, you mean? No, of course. It IS a swimming club, after all."
>>
>>30556639
You know that bloodline stuff is a load of hooey right? How good of a swimmer are you?
>>
>>30556639
Sweet. How can one join the swimming club?
>>
>>30556639
Could that be the one we're looking for?
So are they all nobles or the one with the blond mane and white coat?
>>
>>30556639
>White_pattern
>>
>>30556675 >>30556786 >>30556755
"Can one join it?" You focus on White_pattern for your demeanor.
"If one can afford to, and receives an invitation. Which are to maintain standards, of course."
"What about other clubs?" Purple_pattern prompts one of the questions you thought of before, "Is there any fight club?"
"Fight clubs?" Heed cringes, "They are not... the most reputable. Although I suppose that is part of the charm for some people."
"And can you swim?"
He seems surprised at the question, "I don't swim as much as I wish I could, but yes. I've been assured I do have some skill."
You nod, focusing your perception on the white mare even as your face is still turned to what you can only guess is the club's owner, "The white mare--"
"Lady Golden Thread." He is quick to correct you.
"Is Lady Golden Thread the only noble here?"
"Well of course." He says immediately, "It'd be madness to have more than a noble in a city... are you still playing dignitary?" Heed seems amused when he asks it.
White_pattern comes in strong, "Just play along with me."
"Well, then, Lady Golden Thread is our dear noble of course, and with her is her attendant, Silver Plater, admirably steadfast as always."
"And him?" You gesture at the blue stallion as discretely as you possibly can. He still seems to notice, from the way his eye twitches to you for a fraction of a second.
"He is someone who could afford to be here, of course." Heed chuckles to himself. "There is no need to be so discreet, little miss." A service pony dressed fancily but discretely enters the VIP area. "Ah, the race must be about to begin."
>>
>>30557301
Let's watch the race then and see how Sea does.
I feel like this could be a chance to talk to golden thread about the monster that's coming but I don't know if we should.
>>
>>30557301
Well, let us watch shall we? Oh and if you know the address of a fight club, would you be as so kind to give me the address? I have a friend who is in need to let off some steam. The city leaves her feeling constrained and bored.
>>
>>30557341
Would it be wised to inform her about it?
>>
>>30557361
No because we don't know her and the things we have heard is that she's a self important bitch.
But ideally she could help us with her pull or money.
>>
>>30557379
To be fair she is a figure of authority in this city and someone who holds some measure of power. And we do not know her personally, so we don't have any place to condemn because of the words of someone we also barely know. Yes, it is ideally that if we were to successfully convince her she maybe able to help us. However I would not want to discuss the eventually monster attack with her. Yet. Right now I'd rather we start a pleasant conversation. Perhaps continue our "game" of dignitary.
>>
>>30557493
What shoule we speak about with her?
>>
>>30557589
We could ask to go into the library, we could ask her why she's here and if she likes races. We can ask what other interest she has or tell her some of our own. The usual small talk when meeting a new person.
>>
>>30557589
Introduce each other, talk about the swimmers, who we think might win, other misc. things that may pop up during the conversation.
>>
>>30557301
>White_pattern
Let's make small talk with the Blue stallion. Is he a fan of the sport? I hope he didn't find our comment too offensive.
>>
>>30557341 >>30557348 >>30557361 >>30557379
>>30557493 >>30557589 >>30557604 >>30557661
>>30557696
You wait for heed to take a small canape from the service pony's tray before speaking up again, "Would you know the address of a fighting club?"
"I am not sure if I ought to give such a thing to such a little miss." He says, seemingly thinking about something else. "But there are of course more reputable schools of martial--"
"Not for me," White_pattern prompts you to put a 'leg' on his, you aren't sure why. "It's my friend, you see. She feels constrained in cities- you already saw the effects it has in her."
"Oh, yes, of course..." He gestures at the service pony with a wing, who comes quietly, "Would you be kind as to ask Mr Pal for directions to his less savory hobbies for the miss? There's a good boy."
White_pattern expires nothing but calm satisfaction that you convinced Heed. "Thank you so much. Now, if it wouldn't be too impolite of me?" You gesture at the other people in the cabin.
"Be my guest. Just keep our Lady's station in mind." He says, walking to the window to see the race better.
You walk first to the blue stallion, who someone confined by equine senses would think doesn't notice you. Not seeing with your face is a great boon in reading people, however.
"Excuse me?" You offer him a 'hoof' to shake, "People calls me Star."
"Cerulean." He doesn't take his eyes off the contestants, who are readying to start. Sea's apparent calmness doesn't exactly calm you down.
"Do you usually watch races?"
"There's nobility in the sport." He says curtly.
"Don't be so dreadful, darling." Says Golden Thread without turning to us.
"My apologies, my lady." Cerulean lowers his head.
She doesn't answer, but you move slightly closer to her -Her attendant's eyes, you notice, fix on you immediately- to talk more easily, "It is my honor, your highness."

>1/2
>>
"And I expect it's mine as well?" She turns her cup of wine distractedly under her muzzle, making it's contents swirl.
Now that you are focused on her, Orange_pattern and Yellow_pattern notice the bags under her eyes, and how it contrasts with the prideful way she keeps her head raised.
"I don't think I follow, lady?"
"You are too educated in formalities to be a commoner," She gives you a brief look, "And I have never seen any... I hesitate to call you creature, to start with."

"Would it be too crass of me to propose a game?" You ask carefully. "To continue the one I started with our host." She seems amused that you call him that, but doesn't comment. "Let's pretend I am a dignitary."

The noble takes a sip of her wine, taking her time to answer, "What would we pretend you are doing in my city, miss?"
"Enjoying it, my lady."
"A dignitary doesn't enjoy, miss. A dignitary appraises."
White_pattern reverberates with excitement, "Then let's play I am appraising it positively."
"What an honor." She says it distractedly, but you the feeling the words are neither shallow nor sardonic. She is still mostly focused in the racers, who are waiting for the horn to sound.
They jump to the water, most of them -including Sea- entering with barely any splash, and speed forward.
"Do you enjoy the sport, my lady?"
"There is certainly a candor and wit to it."
You nod, watching the race. The track is like an flipped 5, with diagonal, convex walls on the outer edge of each turn... and Sea is consistently a hair behind the foremost racer, lowering her speed at times to keep it that way.

>2/2
>>
Oh, and paused.
>>
>>30558098
I wonder what the pegasi races here will be like.
>>
>>30558098
Ask who she think will win.
>>
>>30558093
>"Excuse me?" You offer him a 'hoof' to shake, "People calls me Star."
>"Cerulean." He doesn't take his eyes off the contestants, who are readying to start.
A bit rude but that is fine. He's just absorbed in the race.

>Now that you are focused on her, Orange_pattern and Yellow_pattern notice the bags under her eyes, and how it contrasts with the prideful way she keeps her head raised.
>Pink_pattern and White_Pattern
You know, I'm more of a tea person myself. (Atempted joke) Of course if I could drink anything it would be tea. Lemon Balm, Peppermint, Rose, Passion flower. Ah, of course these are most likely difficult to acquire or no one has ever heard of them, no? I could show you what they look like (I hope).
>>
>>30558098
>They jump to the water, most of them -including Sea- entering with barely any splash, and speed forward.
Then what of the unicorn? Did he have a smooth dive? And how is the unicorn doing?

>and Sea is consistently a hair behind the foremost racer
And who might that be? A Triton? Or is it surprisingly the unicorn?
>>
>>30560321
>>
File: file.png (29KB, 374x235px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
29KB, 374x235px
>>30558563 >>30559438 >>30559659 >>30559674
"You know, I am curious about tea myself. my country had some you might be interested in. Have you heard of passion flower?" She shakes her head. "Who would you bet on?" You ask Golden, keeping your face oriented to the race despite not needing to. In front of her is a triton, the skin growths on his legs unfolded to be used as flaps, and another one is tailing close behind her.

"Assuming that I'd bet..." She snorts, "Number four to nine might be saving their stamina for the last lap, so they are wildcards. And number elev..."
She stares at Sea for a moment, her wine forgotten until a drop of it falls on the floor silently.
"And number eleven might be another, for all we know." She continues completely unaffected.

The blue unicorn is Cerulean.
>>
>>30561605
I also like number 11. Compliment her good assessment.
>>
>>30561605
I wonder what her assistant is holding with their magic. Let's continue to watch in silence.
>>
>>30561687
She's holding a wine bottle.
>>
>>30561605
>Purple_pattern
Gauge the exact speed of each swimmer.
>>
>>30561605
Come on Sea win this. You got this girl.
>>
>>30561605
Not every day you see an earth pony as proficient as her.

Fact because of the low number of earth ponies we've seen so far.
>>
>>30561605
>Twilight is fucking racist
>Didn't include a Zigger_pattern
>RIP racial equality
I don't really care it's just a joke. A poor one.
Start a quite conversation with the aid?
>>
>>30561666 >>30561687 >>30562174
>>30564166 >>30566115 >>30568433
>>30568518
"It's not every day that you see a pony as proficient, is it?"
"No," She pauses for a split second too long. "It's not every day that one sees someone like her."
"I am positive for eleven too." You surprise yourself with your reticence to say you like her, but try not to think about it.
"You are." She nods to herself, not seeming to care that you don't understand what she meant.
You don't know what to answer to that, so instead you try to talk to Silver Platter, "Hi."
She just stares back at you, her expression still impassive.
"Miss Silver Platter?" You float your face plate closer to her over Golden's rump. "I could tell you what a detached body feels like, if you are interested."
Golden puts a hoof on your back, somehow delicate and severe at the same time, "Silver is not talkative."
You look back at her, intending to answer, but she shakes her head slowly, her eyes severe. Both her horn and Silver's output far more magic than it's necessary to hold a cup and a bottle for a moment, as the alarms that pop into your awareness so helpfuly inform you.

"Okay." You say, taking your head back to your body and ignoring Purple_pattern's prompts to ask them just how strong their magic is, and if them showing it off at once means they can use it coordinately.

The race is starting it's third and last lap now-- Sea is on third place when she kicks against the pool's wall, and gains speed quickly with everyone else.

Spume starts forming immediately now that everyone is going all out-- A particularly unfortunate pegasus has to lose most of his speed in a hard turn to avoid crashing against the walls after water buffets him aside for the brief time he surfaces for air, and Sea...

She and the triton are fighting for first place again-- When they reach the first turn they don't slow down at all, instead jumping out of the water to run vertically on the convex walls during the curve.

>1/2
>>
It becomes impossible, between the spume they produce and the glass messing with your radars, to track their exact position among the other runners who are tail them. At a point the triton is flung two meters into the air, to the crowd's awe, and he doesn't seem to care about it at all, simply readying to fall back into the water.

On the second turn a pegasus is in front of them both, but neither seems to register the intruder in their personal duel- and for good measure, as the effort seems to catch up to him before they even reenter the water, again fighting for the first place unchallenged.

The race continues like that-- After the fourth turn something -you aren't sure what- throws several other people of the water, and after an instant's consideration most of them just shake their heads and walk back to the bench.

"Is that normal?" You ask to no one in particular. They don't answer, but you notice that Golden's eyes are still fixed on Sea whenever she's noticeable.

The racers don't try to stop at the end line, instead jumping out of the water and coming to a screeching, breathless halt on the polished wood panels outside it. Yellow and Pink_pattern notice that Sea is putting less weight in one of her legs.

Heed clears his throat, squinting at the signs someone is showing him, "Racer six has won in the first place, eleven in the second, and three in the third." He smiles at you, "It seems your faith was well placed, little miss."

Silver whispers something on Golden's ear, her voice too quiet for even you to hear, and Golden replies almost as quietly with her eyes still nailed on Sea, "Bring her."

You do your best to dissimulate that you heard it as Silver walks out of the room, but Yellow_pattern makes you wonder if Sea wants to be brought.

>2/2
>>
>>30569276
We should go to Sea and see what happened.
>>
>>30569276
It's best for everyone we go with Silver, less she wants a scuffle.
>>
>>30569276
>Silver whispers something on Golden's ear, her voice too quiet for even you to hear
Once we are repaired, we should take initiative and movify ourself. I'm grateful for what Twilight has given us, but this world is pretty dangerous. A means to increase memory size and energy capacity would be greatly appreciated. The memory so we can "remember more" and less often need to "forget" things. The battery increase for living long.
But that won't be easy will it? It would probably require A LOT of modifications to make it all fit in there....or perhaps make additional parts? But how to achieve that? Maybe the duda's could be of some use. The have the means to fabricate.
>>
>>30569276
Bravo! I am certain that no one here has sceen such a spectacular race?
>>
>>30569744
*seen.
Fuck I must need sleep.
>>
>>30569276
Looks like Sea had fine. Let's go take a look at that injury. Maybe she would like it if we were to carry her? And I know she will appreciate the info on the swimming club and fighting club.

Now about the winning. She betted Star for a chance to race. First place was 3x the entrance fee, second is 2x. She bet double or something. Does that mean we get nothing or we're still getting double? If we with anything at all we can get Seaweed memberships for both clubs. Hopefully.
>>
>>30569327 >>30569563 >>30569690
>>30569744 >>30569786 >>30569922
"Excuse me," You fly off the room, not wanting Silver to pick a fight with Sea- it doesn't look like it'll be hard at all today, after all.
The unicorn thankfuly doesn't seem to notice you passing over her on the stairs, so you dare move a little faster and actually produce some noise from your damaged flight systems.
"Sea," You whisper to her ear, floating over her as someone takes her to the podiums, drawing much more attention than you wanted to. "Someone's coming for you."
"Who."
"The noble's maid."
Sea's reaction is immediate: She hits both the ponies around her with a pair of bumps from her rump and runs off the building, untraceable among the crowd that was coming to cheer her.
You can't say anything, only catching a glimpse of her tail on the doorway.
"Little miss Star." Says Heed, catching up to you, "Did she get scenic panic now of all times?"
"Maybe?" You try, wondering if the noble would be angry at you for that. Probably yes. "Uhm. The prize?"
"Oh! Yes, of course. Do come." He starts walking away from the crowd, gesturing at you to follow.
"She had to pay double, right? Does that leave anything?" You add, concerned about missing the chance to repair yourself. And maybe make an external memory unit... yes, it'd be good to make an external drive.

"Didn't I tell you?" Heed blinks a few times, as if wondering that, "It'd be against our rules to accept anything but the stipulated price to enter. If anything she added much needed gusto to the competition..." He fights for a moment with a locked door, grunting under his breath.

>1/2
>>
"Miss!" The service pony from before turns around a corner and gives you a slip of cloth with directions before trotting off busily.
"Good chap, good chap..." Says Heed under his breath, mostly to himself, "If you'd come in?"
"Huh?" You turn your lights on, casting a light upon several lines of safes, "What's this?"
"Our treasury of course... the door is useless compared to the safes, between you and me." He chuckles under his breath,
"Only a formality. So removing the cost to enter, her victory would leave your friend with a nice four hundred pearls. And do grab her medal on the way out, would you? Such a shame for her to miss it."

"Could she enter the club too?" You ask hopefuly. Maybe she'd be more reasonable if she wasn't so pent up.
"If she requested entrance I am sure I could get her an invitation in under a month, little sisters wiling. They know her entrance already bedazzled some of our members."
One of your scanners pings you. Silver is walking here.

"Okaythanksbye." You grab the bag he's offering you and dash of the room, grabbing Sea's medal on the way out.
It's only after a few minutes that you find her, walking nowhere in particular on the boardwalks.

"Why did you do that?" You demand of her, not feeling like giving her the medal quite yet.
Sea doesn't turn her face your way, "If a noble wants me, I want to stay away from her."

>2/2
>>
>>30571284
>"Why did you do that?" You demand of her, not feeling like giving her the medal quite yet.
>Sea doesn't turn her face your way, "If a noble wants me, I want to stay away from her."
I really want to know the why, but pink and white pattern tells me you won't elaborate.
So how about I talk to the noble on your behalf? If she frequents the swimming club then you'd be hard pressed to find another here. Let me see your leg.
>>
>>30571284
Do you want your medal?
Oh, by the way I think you'll like this. I got you an address to a fight club. Buuuuut I'll give it to you after I get a look at that leg.
>>
>>30571284
>>30571731
>You demand of her, not feeling like giving her the medal quite yet.
I'm still more then a little miffed she offered us as a prize despite her winning. Lets give it back later.
What did you think about your opponent who won first place?
And I still dont see what's wrong with talking with the noble. Who know maybe she could have offered you a recommendation for the club. That might bump you from a month wait list to only a few. Or even less.
>>
>>30571284
Ask Sea what she thinks the noble wants her for. What's the worst she could ask from her?
>>
Bumo
>>
>>30571358 >>30571731 >>30571747 >>30572549
"But why do you?"
"I don't like royalty." She keeps walking.
"Do you even know what she wanted of you?"
"If she wants it I don't." She says firmly, not beckoning a trace of a doubt.
"Where are you going?"
"Don't know."
You follow after her near the ground, not wanting Silver to see you if she keeps her chase. She is still putting less weight on a hoof.
"What happened?"
"Doesn't mater."
"With your leg." You clarify. "I could still carry you?"
She pauses, "I only had ten minutes to stretch, everyone else had days. Did you get anything off it?"
>>
>>30573933
Alright, fine. Wanna wander around the city?
>>
>>30573933
Once you can walk on that leg again, would you want me to guide you to the fight club?

>"With your leg." You clarify. "I could still carry you?"
>She pauses, "I only had ten minutes to stretch, everyone else had days. Did you get anything off it?"
Yes or no answer. Gosh I'll take that as a no.
>>
>>30573982 >>30574053
"Do you want to walk some around the city?"
"Not particularly."
"Then why were you?"
"Waiting for you."
"Oh."
You trot after her silently for a moment.
"You think a lot more than you like to show, don't you?"
She doesn't answer to this either.
"Can I see your leg?"
"It'll be fine tomorrow." She says simply.
"You got a medal."
"Which?"
"Second place."
"Sell it."
You try to think of what to answer. Neither you or your patterns can think of anything immediately.
"I could take you to a fighting club."
"Not now."
>>
>>30574586
Ok. If she doesn't want it then she doesn't want it.
Since you're so indecisive and don't care where we go, I say visit the Duda's. Follow meeeeeeeeee.
>>
>>30574586
>Pink_pattern
Now it's my time in the limelight. I do what we want to do since you've had your fun. It's finally time for me to grow as an individual and take my place a a main character!
>>
>>30574586
You should ask Leaf for a massage.
>>
File: file.png (149KB, 917x674px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
149KB, 917x674px
>>30574629 >>30574647 >>30575034
"Then do you want to go home?"
"Funny word, that."
"Uh huh. Do you want to go anywhere?"
She shrugs.
"Then--" Pink_pattern throbs at the back of your mind, "Then I'll be a main character!"
"A what."
"You know, the ones who lead the story!"
"This isn't a story."
"It is now."
Sea doesn't answer.
"We'll go see Dudas."
"What for."
"Because I want to."
"So the copper can?"
"There's Dudas other than Natan." You change your course with purpose on your step.
Sea sighs, still, then follows you.

Captain Rarity's ship is busier than last time this early in the morning, with several Dudas (Some of them with wings!) sorting boxes and talking and trading with what you guess are Arabesco's locals. The captain herself (Or himself?) is curled like a cat on the top deck, watching all happen, and gives you a look with her expressionless face when you approach.

"Woah." It's all you say at first. "You are big!"
Captain Rarity doesn't answer at first, "And you are... the one our dear Natan repaired?"
>>
>>30576006
That I am. My name is star. I wanted to know more about Duda's like how many are there? Do they have a place called home?
>>
>>30576006
Why yes I am! But there are still things in me that need repairs.

How do you Dudas manufacture parts? Why are you so large? What functions does being so large grant you? What are those gems for? why'd you have to be such a fucking bitch and fuck my Leaf?
>>
>>30576006
What is your maximum traveling speed? Are you capable of floating on orveould you sink? Would you kindly keep an eye out for my sisters? How old are you? What are you made of? Do you know where I can manufacture parts? Do you guys have gravity lifts? Do you have anyRailguns, we can borrow? You refer toMayan, as dear, why is that? What can you tell me of the history of you're people? Where didSudan's, come from? Have you ever been to a Triton settlement? What can you tell me about Triton? What can you tell me about th3 city? What are your opinions on earth ponies, pegasi, unicorns, changelings, diamond dogs crystal ponies, zebras, griifins, buffalo, dragons, seaserpents, sirens, and alicorns? Are you like a princess of duda's? Do you have any fetch quests to pay for my medical bills actually mechanics bills? So you have a store? What's your level? What class are you? I like to think of myself as anA male, because they're metal. Ha! Get it? Because they're a mix between a barbarian and a bard. Do you know why the chicken crossed the road? What's your opinion on the noble Golden Thread? How are you powered? Is that gem part of your optical sensors? Is that actually panels shaped as a giant gem? Would you like take some time out of your day to hear about our princess of Equestria?
>>
>>30576139 >>30576350
"Yeah! People calls me the Star."
"/The/ Star." The captain considers the word, giving Sea a distracted look. "That's what people calls you. But what is your name?"
"Uhm. I am a sufficiently-complex diplomacy-oriented intelligence, beta zero point three bee?"
"Much too long to be a proper name. And it's still an object's."
You don't know what to answer to that.
"Then what is yours." Asks Sea.
"Ponies call me Rarity."
"Ponies call you that. But what is your name?"
"I see." Nods the captain, "I suppose you have a point. Did you come here for any particular reason, or...?"
"I just wanted to talk with you." You chirp, flying circles around the large Duda, "Why are you so large?"
"My station requires it."
"What for?"
"To protect my crew and propel our ship. You are such a curious little thing, aren't you?"
"I was made to be! How fast can you go?"
"And what else?"
"What else what?"
"What else were you made to be."
"Oh! Resilient and easy to repair!" You pause, thinking of the pink star-- the one who had the schematics and equipment to do proper on-field repairs. "And a diplomat."
"You are a diplomat?" Asks Rarity, amused.
"Hey," You focus on White_pattern and let it wash over your speech again, "If I can say so myself, I'd say I can very much be formal when needs be."
"Hmm."

>1/2
>>
File: file.png (6KB, 131x106px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
6KB, 131x106px
You look at the ship, "Is this your home?"
"It's where my family is," She moves her head slowly over the working crew, encompassing them all, "So I'd say so, yes."
"Did you have one before?"
"Me specifically?"
"Dudas."
"It's a very long history."
"What about just a little bit?"

"Well... Some captains believe we did have a home, but that was a long time ago..." She looks at the daystars for a moment, "But these days only the cherubs have true homes that aren't at the clemency of the waves. If even them." She adds, lost in thought.

You give her a moment before talking. Sea is scratching the ship's boards, bored.
"What about your gems?" You sit on top of her head.
"Demiorganic crystal is nothing as inert as a gemstone, cherub" She touches the one on her throat distractedly, "This is a Duda's most precious possession."
"How do you make it? Or your other pieces?"
"I am afraid I can't tell you that. Our design prohibits such things."
"Huh?"
"It's an engineered fault." She says simply, seemingly not wanting to talk about the subject.

>2/2
>>
>>30576734
Boop
>>
>>30576734
Have you ever encountered giant sea monsters born of the deepest depths of the darkest parts of the ocean in your life?
>>
>>30576734
Are there any submarine dudas?
>>
>>30576818 >>30576841 >>30576905
You float down closer to the center of the "Diamond" on her face and, after careful deliberation, poke it.
"Ah?"
You poke it harder.
"I am afraid I don't understand."
"Ponies call it booping." You take the prod off her face, then admit. "I don't either."
"Then why did you...?"
"I felt curious."
"Ah. Quite young, aren't you?"
"I am not sure if age is applicable to me."
"Ah?"
"Twilight made me knowing a lot of stuff."
"You'll have to figure that out on your own, then. No way around it."
You nod, "Why is your eye shaped like a diamond?"
"Because I a captain of the diamond line, like Natan is a Nagano."
"How many are there?"
"Not as many as there used to be, but many nonetheless."
"Is there any that travels underwater?"
"Not anymore. The sirens felt their kingdoms were threatened, you see. We had just suffered a war, and were easy prey..."
You try to look properly solemn to this, "I am sorry."
"It's ancient history even by my standards. Don't be."
"But what about tritons?"
"Sirens don't wield that kind of power anymore, thankfully. They have to scrape by to eat like the rest of us."
"Dudas eat?"
"The water of cities is quite rich... it's not a topic most people likes to hear about, you'll understand."
You remember your bag of pearls, "Do you have any job that needs to be done?"
It takes her admirably little to follow the sudden change in topic. "My crew is quite enough, thank you. Are you carrying a pearls bag exposed? I am not sure it's the safest way to."
>>
>>30577083
Are the blue and orange stars the ones that are combat capable? Because man I wish they were around.
We have sea with us and we can go pretty fast and high.
Are sirens bad or good to ponies?
Well I guess that's all I can think to ask. We can probably go now.
>>
>>30577083
Lady I am living weapon. I got this. Though even if I were gonna do something about I can't exactly carry things or make serious modifications until I find my sister. damn. never knew the star family was hella dope. What do the other sisters do?
>>
>>30577083
I dont have any vags to carry then in. Maybe i'll ask Leaf if I can borrow a pair.
>>
>>30577083
Do dudas ever fight one another?
>>
Should we go grocery shopping since we have pearls? A victory meal for sea.
>>
>>30579105
Leave the shopping to Leaf. We can give some to him later.
>>
>>30577604
>>
>>30577140 >>30577277 >>30577318 >>30577363 >>30579105 >>30579166
"I don't have one."
"We don't need to worry about thieves." Says Sea, more stating a simple fact than boasting.
"Do you?" Rarity looks at you.
You consider it before answering, realizing you hadn't before. You are faster and stronger than the average pony...
...Why did Princess Twilight made you so? It seems counterintuitive to make something so above yourself. A risk.
"We don't." You affirm.
"So you say, cherub." She says it in an odd tone. "But there's always someone larger. Even for me."
"Like sea monsters?"
"I assume some are, yes."
"Uhm," You focus on the sun and daystars. "We should be going, could I ask you for a favor? Have you seen anyone like me?" You revert back to your star shape and go through some of the other defaults. "Only different colors?"
"I can't say I have."
"If you did, could you send them here?" You pause, "Or to the last place where you know I was?"
"I'll tell my crew to if you think about your name." She nods, "Travel safely, little cherub."

And returning to Leaf º-

"Bubba?" You ask, tapping your hoof against the shop's counter.

He walks off his chemistry room, completely unaffected -head tall and proud, as always- by the veritable wall of smoke that comes out with him and by his reddened eyes. The only concession he does to this all is taking off his white frock coat and hanging it from a wall besides the door.

"Yes?" He asks, his voice highly pitched.
"Uh."
"Make your question." He insists, also unaffected by his warped voice.
"Do you have poisons?"
He stops moving to give you a severe look, face like stone, "What for."
"There's a thing. That's coming to this city." You wish the Star was here to show him the recording, "And it might hurt a lot of people if I don't do something about it."
"I am a medic, Lyf, and got a reputation for /not/ killing with my potions."
>>
>>30581000
Do you have alchemical waste then or something? Something cheap but deadly maybe thermite?
>>
>>30581000
Well you're gonna have your work cut out for you when the monster shows up because it's going to do a lot of damage. Nobody has to know that it came from you. Help me and give something that could weaken it.
>>
>>30581207 >>30581242
"No one has to know! I can just stay quiet about it," You rush to say. "Please? A lot of people might get hurt if I don't do something."
He leans on the wall, working his jaw while thinking, "What kind of thing are you talking about."
"A giant wo-- Snake that's coming for me. It's tried to kill me before--"
"The sea beast." He says distractedly.
"You know about it?"
He takes his time to answer, clicking his teeth together a few times, "Of course I ask around about my employees. Tired of getting addicts."
"Oh." You don't know what to answer to that.
"Hey, look, you are as easy as it gets to ask about." He gives you a sardonic look, "You got weird wings and travel with that blind mare, a pair of Dudas, and a chirpy not-Duda thing that couldn't be any louder if it tried."
You nod, feeling suddenly self conscious, "So you know I am not lying."
"Or you got a whole bunch of liars with you," He says halfheartedly, not seeming to believe it himself, "That thing, you got any idea of when is it coming?"
"I wish I did."
"About what I expected. Look," He makes a face. "I might not trash the alchemical waste for a few days. If someone asks you you stole it, and you owe me a big one, but you grab it from the back around midnight and we never talk about this again." He gives you a hard, theatening look, "Unless you use ways I don't like. If you do that..." He leaves it in the air.
>>
>>30581870
The only thing that waste is meant for is the worm.
>>
>>30581870
D-don't hurt me I bruise like a banana!
>>
>>30581870
Don't passout from the big scary zebra
passout
>>
>>30582270
What?

>>30581870
Do you know if there are any insects, rodents, or small creatures that would eat crops? I need to know since I'm growing some. I put a lot of work into it.
What's this about addicts?
>>
>>30582295
bump
>>
>>30581927 >>30582295
"Junkies?"
"Idiots who get hooked... let's not talk about them." He shakes his head. "And don't dodge what I said either."

"What-- No, I'll only use it for the snake." You say as seriously as you possibly can, with his voice as highly pitched as it still is. "To be honest I am a little worried about handling them."

"Just get proper boots and a breathing mask." He waves it off with a hoof, then gives a look to the clock besides the cashier, "Your day's up."

"Oh, forgot about that," You open a wing and close it again, remembering something, "Bugs?"
"What about them?"
"You got any?"
"What kind of question is that? Of course we do. It's just not their high season."
"High... bug season."
"Shop'd be thicker with smoke than my study if it was to keep them out." He makes a disgusted expression. "Almost impossible to eat with the things."

You cringe, trying to think of something as bad as he's describing it and regreting it immediately, "Hey, I found some old feathers I could sell--"

"Half the price." He says immediately. "If they were lying around."
"What about twenty?" You try your best smile.
He cringes, "It's like haggling with a pup in the rain, I swear... fuck that face of yours." He takes the feathers of your hoof with a swipe of his, "This... five? Take your hundred off the cashier. And old feathers are fifteen from now on, you hear?"
>>
>>30584481
Alright. Thanks Bubba. Let's get our money and then get out of here.
>>
>inb4 Bubba wants some of that Lettuce ass mmmmmmmmmm 0w0
>>
>>30585850
Horsey Mcgee 2.0
>>
>>30585612 >>30585850 >>30585855
"My face?" You turn around to see your reflection on the cashier, "What's about it?"
"Nothing, just take the money." He grunts, cleaning some soot off the bridge of his snout with ann annoyed look. "Same time tomorrow."
"Yeah... what day of the week even is it?"
"Tralala."
"Wait really."
"You really fell for it?" He chuckles to himself, "Monday, Lyf. It's monday."
"Yeah," You laugh some at your own expense, "Did you make me work on a weekend?"
"Meebe."
"I'll take that as working overtime."
"Meebe."
You nod, not feeling like discussing that right now, and head out of the shop. "Later."
The very first thing you do when you exit is checking both sides of the walkway, then wonder why did you do it. The voice was invisible last time, anyway.
"Heeelloo?" You try quietly.
No answer. You let go of the tension you hadn't realized you had and head back home.

Is there anything else you want to do today, or can we timeskip?
>>
>>30586626
Let's time skip.
>>
>>30586626
I want to buy some containers made of that she'll stuff to store clouds in. I read they were relatively cheap.
And practice pegaponer migic

We have just for today for Leaf to prqctice enough to razzle dazzle, and write out lines. Then we need to figure out a good spot to perform. Maybe if we play our cards right we can use the theater next time.

Uh, hey Cammy. I think you've told us this already but I can't remember. How long does the festival last? All week or a few days? Maybe go back insid3 and ask Bubba?
>>
>>30586626
>"Heeelloo?" You try quietly.
>No answer. You let go of the tension you hadn't realized you had and head back home.
It's always when you're least expecting it when they come for you.
Does Leaf own any goggles, masks, and boots?
>>
>>30586836
Not clear in this one, you want to practice those things during the timeskip or are you saying that you want to spend the rest of the day practicing acting?

Also
>"They says the day lasts longer, just to fit it [The sunset/Solstice celebration] all"
The day that used to have religious connotations is a single and very intense one. But, and unrelated to what the dragon said, the celebration itself usually lasts eight to ten days.
Writing update in a bit.
>>
>>30587186
Time skip the practice unless something interesting will happen.
>>
>>30586648 >>30586836 >>30586896 >>30587186 >>30587545
Timeskip it is.
Wednesday

The Star digs the boards some, waiting for the dragon to open the door.
"Cold feet?" You ask her as comfortingly as you can. She seemed joyful about getting her repairs until about you knocked the door.
The Star looks at Sea, who is sitting nearby -You aren't sure why she came with you two, but she did- before answering, "I don't have feet."
Natan does a sound similar to clearing his throat, which involves using his bellows, but Herb speaks for him, "What's to be afraid of?" He opens his wings and extends them to the Star, "A bitter pill? Better eaten early, yes?"
"I'll have to turn off."
"Like you did before?" You remember when she made that video. "The empathic thing?"
"No." The Star shakes her head, "I'll have to turn off completely."
>>
>>30587595
It'll only be for awhile and you won't even notice that you're turned off. You'll be fine and even better then before.
>>
>>30587595
>hug
We'll be there for you. We can watch you as he gets to work. It's kind of like surgery you know? How doctors use gas to put their patients under so they don't have to feel the whole procedure?
>>
Had a power outage. Writing update.
>>
>>30587669 >>30587671
You put a hoof on the piece she decided was her back today, "Is it like sleeping?"
"Worse." She says plainly.
"It'll be fine." You pat her back. "We'll be there."
"The whole time?"
"Yeah--"
Sea speaks up, using the same cadence she usually reserves to playing the baturai, "A death that only makes you stronger."
The Star only looks at her for a moment, then nods to herself, "I guess, yeah..."

Natan, who was tapping the floor idly, speaks up, "If we are being realistic they'll need to sleep." He pauses, seemingly at a loss of words. "I don't necessarily have to. You can rely on that."

You can't help noticing -not for the first time- that for once Nitzan isn't accompanying him. Maybe that's why he's so hesitant with everything now.
The dragon opens the door before she can answer, wearing several crisscrossed toolbelts around his barrel.
He pauses for a moment, not recognizing you yet. "You's got the money?"
"Yeah." It hurts a little to do away with most of it at once, but fixing her fully comes first. "Yeah, we got it."
"The irons' hot and the bench warm," He moves aside to let you enter to his hut, which you can only describe as carefully patterned, scrutinized, and arranged chaos.
The Star watches it all in awe, her head plate turning around several times, "It's just like Twilight's!"

>1/2
>>
More timeskips! º-

Sea is sitting on the sofa with you, seemingly -from her expression alone- ready to suplex it at the slightest provocation.
"You could go outside for a while." You offer, not for the first time. "I won't tell."
She grumbles something about owing one under her breath.
"I wonder..." Starts Natan, only to fall silent.
"I am sure Herb's taking good care of Nitz." You say.
Natan nods, but keeps tapping the table idly.
The dragon peeks into the room, tired and with some molten slag falling off the side of his mouth like saliva, which he whipes and, after an instant's consideration, sucks off his finger.
"Lady's done." He says simply.
"They are there?" Asks the Star behind him, talking unusually quickly.
"Ye--"
"Hi Leaf!" She rushes at you, morving jerkily-- THere are some marks of soldering where the dragon patched her holes with still unpainted metal. "Was I slow before? because I feel like I am so fast now. Was I was I or am I too faster now and should slow down now? Did you know I could run four of me at once but then it'd get messy because I only got one body? Twilight calls it personality desynch and she's not sure what'd happen if I did it for long hey why haven't you answered my question was I slow before?"

FUCKING INTERRUPTIONS I SWEAR TO GOD
>2/2
>>
>>30589635
>THere are some marks of soldering where the dragon patched her holes with still unpainted metal.
I have a brain fart. so she's patched up? No issues if she goes into water?
>>
>>30589635
Maybe you should only limit yourself to only running two of you if need be. You do seem a little faster.
>>
>>30589677 >>30589812
"How many of you are you running now?" You cringe away from her, hoping you aren't grimacing as much as you know you are.
"Too many." Grumbles Sea.
"Only one! Me the sole the only one hey we could try acting again later since the thing with the juice--"
Natan grabs one of her prods tightly, seemingly releasing more of his anxiety in the strength of his grab alone, "Slow down."
"Slow down why would OOOOOOH yeah." She is perfectly for almost a minute.
You give a look to the dragon. He shrugs.
"There." Her head spins once on the air around it's axis, "I forgot to set the CPU throttle."
You sigh in relief, thankful she won't stay that way, and point at a portion of unpainted metal. "What about these?"
"Don't know what paint the maker used." Says the dragon, annoyed, "So I gots to leave it unpainted."

"Princess Twilight didn't document that." Adds the Star, not sounding pleased either, "It probably was very shortly before deployment. But I am fine!" She chirps, floating higher with each of her pieces moving in a different trajectory. "I can do stuff without overheating! And all my sensors work! And I can fly at top speed-- No, not that one." She adds.

"But you are fixed."
"Yes!" She chirps on.
"Fully functional."
"Ninety six percent operative!" She says happily. "Now I'd only need some cobalt... but that won't mater for several years."
"Then why can't you."
She stops her impropetu parade, looking serious. "Because Twilight Sparkle told me not to in cities. Sonic booms are bad."

Timeskip?
>>
>>30590747
That was smart of her. Thank the dragon. Yeah time skip.
>>
>>30590747
Mini celebration for Star's surgery, then maybe time skip.
And plants too.
>>
>>30590768 >>30590830
"Sonic-- Oh." You blink. "/Oh./ How fast is that?"
"Probably too fast for even my sensors." She says like one might talk about the weather. "Have you heard about tiger beetles?"
"No?"
"They are neat." She says, too happy to care that you aren't following. "Thank you mister tinkerer!"
"Don't thank me. Pay me."
"Yeah, that." You grab your saddlebag from the couch and rummage until you find the pearls bag. "Three hundred, right?"
"Aye." He takes the bag and starts counting them with a sage's patience.
"Pink says we should party." Says the Star cheerfully. "Hey Nat, do you wanna party!"
"After I check on Nitz."

-

"No, you see?" Herb grabs the biretta and puts it on Natan's head, "It's a hat."
"But it's square." Says Natan.
"Your face is a square." Herb gives the Star a look, for once not surrounded by kids while in public. The small coffee couldn't fit them, anyway. "Isn't it?"
"I think his face is the lens."
"That's not how faces work, deary."

You find the background bickering mildly enjoyable as you go through a portion of cake methodically. It'd be a pity to ruin the crust by not eating this properly, with small sips of a drink that you deemed similar enough to coffee, if a little more bitter.

"Maybe it's not how your face works."
"A face's a face."
"Well mine isn't now." She changes the image on her faceplate to a crude depiction of Herb. "Now my face is stupid."
>>
>>30590963
-º Saturday º-

Se-- The Baturai levels his sword at you, his face a rictus of grim determination.
(Sea's stick flops some. It's not the most rigid of sticks, but it'll have to do until she finds her spear.)
"On your shoulders rests so much, so much weight," S-- The Baturai spits the words, "And with it with that precious weight you crush others."
>>
>>30591324
I have no idea what's happening so I will just say " others are weak."
>>
>>30591324
>Sea's stick flops some. It's not the most rigid of sticks, but it'll have to do until she finds her spear.
Uh oh. So she miss placed it? Bummer.

It's it really my fault that others are so weak? Who is really to blame here? Say it in mock arrogance.
>>
>>30591324
Did we get the cloud wielding down yet? We good?
Oh you batari's, your sense of honor and justice. With the wait I carry, one such as I can't afford to watch every (metaphorical) step we take.
>>
>>30591324
>it's been nearly a week since Leaf talked to Bubba about the waste.
So do we have the alchemical toxins stored away somewhere then?
>>
>>30592052 >>30592103 >>30592250 >>30592259
"And your vweakness is my responsibility too?" You say contemptuously. "Must I guide you all? Do you need a dictator? Be--"

Herb, who is monitoring your practice with the Star, interrupts you by raising a wing: 'Line's too long'
You nod, thinking of a shorter line.

"And I must account for your weakness too? Guide you?" You say contemptuously. "Be your dictator?"
The baturai shakes her heaqd, teeth gritted, "When I was younger and before I knew the world-" Oh damn. "-I thought you had kindness,"
"Only a game. Mediocrity made morals!" You interrupt her.
"Candor,"
"Is it my fault if your wit isn't enough for me?"
"Or at least honor." And this is it- Tears start falling from behind the dark glasses.
"But an excuse for weakness. I have grown strong!"

Even as she's still crying she attacks you, and you know from experience the flexible stick can be actually more painful than the spear. But as she and Herb had a rare agreement on, play fights aren't mean to hit the actors.

>1/2
>>
Your staff blocks her spear with a loud whack that you are sure, had it been between two metal objects, would've been quite impressive. Play fights are about hitting your weapons fancily.

She doesn't make it easy for you to block, other than telegraphing her attacks some than usual, so it takes most of your focus to block her-- and it annoys you some that she still has it to talk, "Kindness makes our strength mutual!" She shouts, tears flying off her face, "Candor comes from valor!" She throws an overhead swipe that, had it been from the spear, might've broken your staff in half, "Honor is the strength to apply it!" She shouts almost hysterically, "You have forgotten all three, so convinced of your power you forgot what made it!" She pushes you away, readying her stick, "Betrayal is either idiocy or ignorance, and this is neither!" She 'Stabs' you with the stick, impaling it just under your armpit and talks more quietly, more personally. "I am loyal to the you I knew, now and forever."

You play dead dramatically, letting your and neck go flacid little by little, "Then... " You sigh a grunting 'last breath'. "...You are loyal to what is no more."

A few seconds pass with your eyes closed.
There is clapping.

>2/2
>>
>>30593461
>There is clapping
5 out of 5 on bottom tomato. I assume this to be practice? Looks like it's going well.
Or was this the real deal?
>>
>>30593601
>Herb, who is monitoring your practice with the Star,
>>
>>30593461
Well that was good. Good work everyone.
>>
>>30593601 >>30593672 >>30593691
"Bow at my three?" You whisper. She doesn't protest, so you take it as a yes. "One, two..."

You open your eyes and spring to your hooves, bowing deeply with Sea to the foals who watched the practice-- One of them Cucu's and Angel's colt. Sea doesn't give any signs you can see of having cried less than a minute ago.

Or well... She is gritting her teeth. You are starting to worry she'll hurt herself doing that as often as she does.
"My pleasure," You put that aside and stand from the bow, "And I hope you enjoyed it."

"Heyo boyo," Herb bird-hops to you, the Star following him with a smile, "You think you are up for the actual thing?"
"Herb, I got like a week of practice." You say with your own teeth greeted, not wanting the foals to hear you. Some still seem to await a second act.
"Yes? And this'll be a teaching experience." He says mater-of-factly, not beckoning any doubt. "You didn't notice our little audience at all, and that's all an actor needs to start."
>>
>>30593849
Yeah sure let's see what happens in front of an audience.
>>
>>30593849
I think I'll leave the play writing to Herb. That's probably already the case.
>>
>>30593849
How many kids we got watchin?
>>
>>30593849
What did the foals think? On a scale from 1 to 10.
>>
>>30593891 >>30594276 >>30595810 >>30596577
"I guess?"
"Ain't no guesses here." Says Herb plainly.
"It's just that I am--"
Sea turns to the audience, five or eight foals. "Do you want us to keep acting?"
"Yeah!" Says one, the others agreeing quickly. A colt in particular flies what little he can for emphasis.
"Would--" She starts, but you talk over her.
"What did you like from it?" Sea's attitude is not the best for kids.
"The stuff she said is cool." Says a blue filly.
"Can I get wings like yours? I bet you are like, super fast."

A few days ago you learned some foals here can't learn to fly until several years later than most Equestrians, so it takes a modicum of effort not to cringe, "You can swim better than I ever will, you bunch are the cool ones."

"You were trying to look bad but really weren't and she knew it." Says a mauve filly, whose cutie mark is a semi spherical mirror mask and a gauze veil-- The symbol for theater here, as you know after having asked her.

"Don't provoke me," You try your best sly smile, "Maybe I really am!"
You aren't sure if the filly giggling is the best answer, but it makes you happy all the same.

"Would you pay for it." Says Sea, as gruff as you'd expect her to be by the interruption.
Dead silence.
Cucu's and Angel's foal -Quick Buck- speaks up, "Will you act more if we do?"

"Yeah!" You say cheerfully, "With more money I could also buy things for the act." You think, again, about the delicate copper rods you'd need to get to wear on your wings to do what Herb insists in calling the thunder flappies. Natan is making them, but the cost of the materials hurt your pockets.

"One to ten, kids." Adds Herb, "You got that around here too, right?"
"Six!" Shouts one, seemingly wanting to get first vote.
"Seven!" Says the next.
"Ten." The blue filly looks at Sea with pure adoration in her eyes.
"One." This one sticks his tongue out at you.
"Ten!" This one sticks his tongue at the last one.
>>
Bit of a promptless prompt, but right now what you want to do/practice is:
- Scurlock-related weather manipulation
- More acting?
- Try to make enough money for the dynamite The captain's getting off the city whitin the next few days, which I forgot about when considering where to timeskip to. So you should try to think of a plan he can help you with economically soon. I can give you some hammerspace time to do this.
- Try to make a restaurant of your own (Seems kind of forgotten by a lot of you, but it wasn't really prompted to be mentioned this session so I thought I'd do so now, even if the preparations for the worm have a higher priority now.)
- Get a flaregun and ammo

And that's all I remember you actively wanted to prepare, so I wanted you bunch to remind me of what you had in mind and discuss said plans some now that I am fastforwarding.
>>
>>30597486
>what Herb insists in calling the thunder flappies.
My fucking sides that's priceless.
>>
>>30597488
I'm not sure the resultant is feasible because we need to eat some of the food being grown too. We must consider the yield and only sell the excess and the way I'm seeing the size of the garden we have we'll only be able to have one customer a day.
Thank the foals for their input.
>>
>>30597488
The whole "rawr rawr impending doom big evil snek hiss hiss!" situation really put a damper on the whole restaurant idea. Making a restaurant takes work and planning to achieve, and other micelanous stuff. Menus, dishes, figuring out the cost for ingredients and how much to charge per dish. But I suppose it's achievable with enough dedication?

>>30598632
Well of course it would be an issue if we're exclusively eating the crops that we grow. What Leaf can do is, not eat all of the crops and help himself what he grows on occasion as a special treat.
Leaf will mostly make dishes using common ingredients from this world, but with an equestrian twist. And on the rare occasions or for the people with the pearls, he'll serve dishes with whatever he grows.

Hey. You can use plant matter to make soil right? I wonder if seaweed and other stuff would suffice...
What if. Leaf earns enough pearls to become a crop baron?
>>
>>30597488
A mix between the scurlock-related weather manipulation and the acting. Eventually get enough for a gun and ammo, unless the "lightning flappies" would be a sufficient replacement.

That's right. That one guy suggested 500 a stick, and we need 5. Fuck that guy. We need to find a different vendor.

How much would the copper rods cost?
Also will you move onto your next quest once this one is archived? It's reaching its limit soon.
>>
>>30597488
Occasionally invite earth ponies we met in the flotilla during our travels here to revel in earth and maybe learn a little about the Equestria ancestry of earth ponies.
To touch a feel the turf and see if they can garner any strange earth pony insight.
>>
Making next thread.
>>
>>30601672
Ohfuck I hadn't noticed I've been running this for about a month now.
Uh, I'll think of what to do tonight. Probably take a sabatic day before anything.
>>
There's getting into the library too
>>
>>30604193
Wah wah wah wah wah wah!
Thread posts: 485
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.