[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't guards use Guns?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_1493.png (215KB, 711x1124px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1493.png
215KB, 711x1124px
With the fate of Equestria on the line doesn't it seem appropriate to outfit your soldiers with something a little more effective than a pointy stick?

I mean what are the guards expected to do when you don't give them the tools they need to win. They have a pointy stick versus hordes of magical creatures.

Now you give that guard an assault rifle and you watch as suddenly enemy attacks aren't so much of a problem anymore.
Make sure to modify the triggers so ponies can use em. Hell give them some tanks, planes and fighter jets and then watch the entire enemy army drop like flies.
>>
because they don't exist there
>>
>>30449855
I don't think they have any firearms. Let alone modern ones.
>inb4 fast like a bullet
Slings also use bullets.
>>
>>30449855

They don't have guns. Admittedly, due to the fact that a lot of these guards are unicorns, you'd think they'd use TK to throw small projectiles really fast.
>>
>>30449855
You trust those idiots with rooty tooty point and shooties?
>>
>>30449962
This is why, they can't be trusted with anything they suck dick at their own job which is to protect the castle and the kingdom.
>>
centuries of peace meant that weapons development was never really necessary.

the guards act as guards of the princesses and crowd control for royal ceremonies, so they don't see real combat and don't need to be outfitted for war.

They are probably more of a ceremonial team than an armed force .
>>
Quads
>>
>>30449915
>guns don't exist
>pinkie pie has a cannon with a rifled barrel
>Rainbow Dash has a tortoise named after a war machine
>"fast as a bullet" is a phrase in equestria
>>
>>30449992
That's just gay who makes a military but doesn't prepare them for war just because there's no war doesn't mean it can't happen it just proves that's Celestia is a shit ruler and leader.
And the tax dollars go to a military that doesn't even act like a military just something Celestia can show off.
>>
>>30449855
Because guns are worthless.
>>
>>30450009
Pinkie's cannon just uses compressed air to launch things, that's why there's no flash and it primarily shoots cloth and confetti.
Rainbow Dash has a pet named after a fish tank, or a water tank, both of which are appropriate for an amphibian.
Slings also use bullets, and are appropriate for the technology level of Equestria.
Now are you done or do you want to be retarded just a little longer?
>>
>>30450130
All of /k/ would like a word with you
>>
>>30450291
I think he means they're useless against the kind of shit that would threaten Equestria. Sure, it might help with the minor magical creatures, but against someone like Sombra or Discord, you might as well just throw rocks at them.
>>
File: From_Hells_Heart.jpg (37KB, 650x365px) Image search: [Google]
From_Hells_Heart.jpg
37KB, 650x365px
>>30450369
>you might as well just throw rocks at them
>>
File: 12341242142.jpg (94KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
12341242142.jpg
94KB, 1024x1024px
>>30449855
Because guns would just seem awkward in a colour pony show for 6 year old girls, I say this as a /k/ommando.

I mean, if little girls suddenly on mass thought guns were fucking sweet you can bet your ass G5's Twilight Sparkle would be a gifted gunsmith.
>>
>>30449926
>>30450265
Um no sweetie. When have they actually used a sling?
The only reason you don't want guns to exist is because muh fantasy aesthetic when this show has arcade machines n shiet
>>
>>30449855
Anon brings guns to equestria how fuck are they when anon decides to kill everyone he sees?
>>
>>30450009
>fast as a bullet
Slings use bullets.
>>
File: 21341324321.png (113KB, 839x646px) Image search: [Google]
21341324321.png
113KB, 839x646px
>>30450501
Judging by most school shootings and shit anon will get maybe 40 kills tops before running out of ammo
>>
>>30450265
>pinkie pie's cannon just shoots compressed air
Her cannon has rifling on it. That specifically is what I was talking about. you're trying to change the goalposts and it's not going to work here. There would be no reason for her cannon to have rifling unless it was, at some point, utilized for shooting bullets. Pinkie either redesigned the cannon herself or bought it from someone who did.
>Rainbow dash has a pet named after a fish tank
Think of the context under which Tank was named, and the character that named him. Rainbow Dash named her pet after how tough it was, after it wedged his head under a rock to lift it. That doesn't fit "fish tank" very well, especially for a pony primarily obsessed with flight, racing, and fighting. The definition you suggested doesn't fit the character's personality or the situation associated with how Tank was named. She's more confrontational, and is as such more likely to think of violent solutions to problems. Her dreams are also generally violent, and she prefers them that way. Thus, combat and weaponry is the most likely thing she'd come up with when thinking of a "tank", especially if the name is tied to a dangerous event, like her being pinned under a rock at Ghastly Gorge. It's the kind of pony she is.

>slings also use bullets, and are more appropriate for their technology level

Ponies have access to factory assembly lines, and have built construction equipment capable of lifting heavy loads, and whole cities that would require such equipment (see: The season 5 finale, and the mare do well episode. See also, Manhattan, which looks more like something created with more advanced technology than the likes of Ponyville and other small towns, and is thus a better representation of technology in Equestrian). Tanks are completely plausible.

>are you done or do you want to be retarded a little longer
>he says, while trying to argue that a lack of evidence is evidence of impossibility
>>
>>30450520
Good enough.
>>
>>30450009
>"fast as a bullet" is a phrase in equestria
By that logic the concept of sin and thus hell also exists in Equestria
>>
>>30450546
Is that hard to believe? In a world with concepts of good and evil, a concept like sin and punishment surely also exists. Ponies are not incapable of evil, and are flawed creatures.

Also, "hell" like "God" has many meanings, and is extremely subjective. This being the case, I see nothing odd about the concept of sin and hell existing in Equestria.

Example: for Twilight, Hell was being sent back to Magic Kindergarten, or being banished and imprisoned by her beloved mentor. In fact, failure could be seen as her hell, which lead to a lot of her mental issues in the show.
It's all about how you perceive things.
>>
File: 1caa72e6c9d1f1b5fad7896dd2b1d8fa.png (449KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1caa72e6c9d1f1b5fad7896dd2b1d8fa.png
449KB, 1600x900px
>>30450526
>Her cannon has rifling on it.
You must be imagining things, because all I see on this image is a flat, smooth inside. No rifling at all.

>That second paragraph
I've got nothing, I'll concede the point and chalk it up to magic.

>Ponies have access to factory assembly lines
I see you neglected to add that said lines are powered by a pony running in a giant hamster wheel. Equipment to lift heavy loads isn't an advanced concept either, we've had them since the middle ages.

I will agree that Equestria's technology level is higher than it appears, but at most they have flintlocks. Nothing more advanced than that.
>>
File: 1439790782539.png (74KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1439790782539.png
74KB, 600x600px
>>30450265
>Rainbow Dash has a pet named after a fish tank, or a water tank, both of which are appropriate for an amphibian.
Tank is a tortoise you mong.
>>
>>30450265
>fish tank
>Rainbow "Radical Dudette" Dash named her pet, Tank, after a fish tank
Is that you, Reed Richards?
>>
>>30451103
Did you forget her pet is also a fucking slow ass tortoise?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.