[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This mediocre episode is literally the only liked because of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

This mediocre episode is literally the only liked because of the song. There were thousands of better ways to showcase Twilight's leadership skills.

Instead, they went with deus ex machina where at the last moment we SUDDENLY find out that everypony actually can't get the job done and couldn't for several years already, an odd fact that is so convenient for Twilight at the third act but was never mentioned before.

If any new episode pulled such a deus ex machina, you would be screaming how it's shit and the worst thing ever. But this, you're willing to forgive. Why do you have these double standards anon?
>>
>>30448141
Because Season 1 aired six years ago. We can only look at older episodes like that through our nostalgia go-googles, which of course make everything look much better.
>>
>>30448141
>you would be screaming how it's shit and the worst thing ever.

Well, not now. We've seen Applejack's Day Off, Spike At Your Service, and Princess Spike.

But yeah other than that you're pretty spot on that it's super weird that a town who does this every year never got it down, I feel like they missed an opportunity by not having the breakdown be more a case of inner feuding and everyone trying to one up the other, which would have allowed for a better motivation for Twilight, an outsider, to step up and be mostly impartial, and it gets smoother from there.

You probably will mostly get bait replies and shitposts due to the way you said it, but there's a nugget of truth in there.
>>
>>30448157
t. bandwagoner who has never rewatched season 1
>>
>>30448186
why is not rewatching something a bad thing?
>>
>>30448194
qed
>>
File: Your Tears.gif (298KB, 308x373px) Image search: [Google]
Your Tears.gif
298KB, 308x373px
>>30448141
If you don't like the show, why are you here?
>>
>>30448216
I didn't know the show only had one episode.
>>
>>30448141
>This mediocre episode is literally the only liked because of the song
Do you know how many episodes are only like because of the pony that was in it?
>>
File: ConsiderTheFollowingHorseMask.jpg (38KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
ConsiderTheFollowingHorseMask.jpg
38KB, 600x450px
>Suddenly
Actually, there's a bunch of hints thrown about regarding their lateness before it's revealed.
The two that spring to mind are Ponk being the ONLY pony breaking up the ice and visibly goofing off a lot, and Rarity continuing to mess with Twilights nest as they leave.

That said, fuck your shit opinion, i liked the world building in WWU just as much as the song.
>>
>>30448141
>This mediocre episode is literally the only liked because of the song
Yes, that's the only reason.
>>
File: full.gif (424KB, 841x520px) Image search: [Google]
full.gif
424KB, 841x520px
>still using caps lock for roleplaying purposes instead of focusing on something important.
You bloody faggots really refuse to learn.

>>30448141
>Why do you have these double standards anon?
Because *slap* my not so intelligent anonymous part of a hivemind I've been yelling at for years to change or get lost.

Season 1's characters had actual charming dialogue and behaviour. They were actually singing instead of talking and pretending to sing.
The plot was more interesting and shit was happening on the screen which wasn't a retarded joke, an autistic remark or a melodrama for idiots like Steven Universe.

So if you look at me exclusively, I don't have any double standards because my logic makes sense.

Your hivemind's logic on the other hand is full of double standards.. you despise alicorn Twilight, s2e8, s3e13, s3e10, double rainboom.
But you love May The Best Pet Win, Lesson Zero, Luna Eclipsed, Return of Harmony, Amending Fences.

Because in reality you're so stupid and irrational that your reasons for hating them are based on subjective garbage so you end up contradicting yourself every time.

Instead of hating about 90% of the episodes, you only hate about 10% of them despite this logic making no sense at all considering how S2-S7 are made by 1 person with 1 autistic view in mind.
>>
>>30448157
I can't wait until a year or two from now when SotC and MMDW look better and become my new favorite episodes. Hell maybe a few years after that ACW, SaYS, and MMC will get their time to look better and really shine.
>>
>>30449750
>The plot was more interesting and shit was happening on the screen which wasn't a retarded joke, an autistic remark or a melodrama for idiots like Steven Universe.

Ahahahaha! Oh wait, you're serious.

This is literally the episode where Twilight says she wants to "help earth pony way" yet pegasi are allowed to keep using flight and weather control powers, it's only unicorns that are ostracised for using theirs. To the point supposed "friend" of Twilight, AJ, screams at her causing nervous breakdown when Twilight adds a bit of magic to actually let them finish on time. That plot point is retarded, AJ comes off autistic (or racist), all for the sake of shit joke and cheap melodrama. There, you imbecile newfag, your point is fucking invalid from the beginning to end.

As for "the plot was more interesting" you brain dead imbecile, it was the season with Twilight spending whole episode autistically obsessing over two tickets, next episode was AJ being idiot trying to do farm chores alone, then you had slumber party and Spike being autistic about owl (I like how newfags complain about Princess Spike being worst Spike episode, Owl one beats it hands down). If that is interesting to you, how old are you? Six?
>>
>>30448141

I didn't see this episode.

Why is everyone doing the Heil Celestia gesture to a non-Princess?
>>
>>30449942

To be fair, Applejack is a racist who suggests conducting a pogrom of the Vampire Fruit Bats and someone who puts her nearly teenage little sister into a damn crib; she's got some issues.
>>
>>30449958
>Hasn't seen winter wrap-up
fags of the fandumb leave
>>
>>30449942
Ahaha suck my dick, you think those were bad? How about the actual mandated episode Suited For Success which was originally named Suited For Failure because the creative team hated it that fucking much?

Everyone was praising it for being some smart offensive jab at the executives. Everyone thought Faust&co turned it from shit to gold. Rarity is a mandated character. The dresses were mandated garbage for gala toy set, the season 1 finale was a fucking mandated episode idea.

The stolen musical song's lyrics made no sense with the context. Rarity was a giant hypocrite who gave everyone stockholm syndrome.

Hasbro/Rarity's dresses were horrible and she purposefully let the inexperienced morons handle it so she can come out in the right, despite her dresses being overly cheesy girly frou-frou goodsie two-shoes garbage which Faust wanted to avoid.

The funny part is that one of the mane6, namely Fluttershy(the creative team) actually came with a quality dress design which Rarity literally said "ew" and decided to ignore it, even Fluttershy ignored her own design just to pleasure Rarity. The original french haute couture dress wasn't even meant for Fluttershy. it was originally a dress for Twilight Sparkle because of the cutie mark star symbol on the dress.

It was masturbatory garbage to make Rarity/Hasbro to look good, it was the most hypocritical mandated dishonest pile of garbage I've ever seen pass the censors on a family cartoon, while being paraded as the opposite by you gullible, gullible manchildren. Not a commercial cartoon my ass. Not a fully hasbro-mandated shit my dick.

Oh but seasons 2-7 still suck fucking dick, despite S1's deviations from Faust,Renzetti,Rudish's original plans for an adventure cartoon.
>>
>>30450036
You thought it a subtle jab at Hasbro? You fools, it was a subtle executive mandate by Hasbro. You all fell for it. You fools. Ahahahahahaha.
>>
>>30448141
Ah yeah back in season 1 when they COULD ACTUALLY SING. Back when the songs were actually good and based on quality works and used folk-pop genres instead of melodrama and pop like Cadence's song and Becoming Popular.
>>
>>30448141
I was bothered by Winter Wrap Up even back then. It was just another cliche rip-off of magical animals/faeries changing the weather on time and taking care of winter.

There's a million stories about wrapping up winter.

But we still didn't get any real snow episode and any christmas episode which wasn't about a retarded grinch tale.

Most cartoon shows actually have around 3-5 snow-centered episodes. I am sure they have at least 2 episodes because one is devoted to the snow day/snow games episode and the other one is exclusively for the christmas special.

Either way an episode featuring snow should not be so rare. Neither a halloween episode.
>>
>>30449686
How come no one ever vectorized this?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.