[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pony Scenarios

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: war2.png (3MB, 1800x1272px) Image search: [Google]
war2.png
3MB, 1800x1272px
Have you ever had an idea relating to Pony that might wildly change things up in the show or just bring a small headcanon to life?

Well, now's your chance to write it out, /mlp/

No matter how large or small it might, create an alternate history scenario or idea that'll make things different for the major and minor characters in Friendship Is Magic. (If they exist all.) Can be in any time period. Build your own world! Maybe one day a writefag will like your idea and build more off it!

Think stuff like Fallout: Equestria and The Crystal War & Ashlands timelines from The Cutie Remark.

To give off my own idea, what if Luna's banishment to the Moon had been ALOT longer? Enough to create an Equestrian Civil War?
>>
>>30445811
I have this crazy idea.

So, basically, MMC never happens.

Insane, am I right?
>>
>>30445811
Luna is Celestia's daughter.
>>
>>30445811
There comes an episode in which the LGBT crowd is addressed, and it turns out Pinkie Pie is a lesbian. The entire rest of the main cast is straight.
>>
>>30445811
Unicorns still move the sun and moon; Celestia and Luna only restore their drained magic afterward.

Canterlot is officially still considered alicorn land. It's under the stewardship of the royal sisters pending the other alicorns' return. All other residents are considered guests or resident aliens, subject to eviction/deportation without notice for any or no reason.

How would a longer banishment have caused a civil war? Equestria seemed pretty stable for the thousand years we saw.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/230362/remember-when (haven't read)

>>30446050
Say what you will about Faust; I wish more stories were set in the "classic" FiM universe as we understood it back in her era.
• Only two alicorns in Equestria.
• The sapient species of Equestria are ponies (and related quadripeds), griffons and dragons.
• Most animals aren't as intelligent as Angel.
• The Everfree Forest is Equestria's eastern boundary, and genuinely wild and dangerous.
• The Castle of the Two Sisters wasn't built in the forest; the forest overgrew it after the Princesses' fight (which happened largely as described in the book in season 1).
• Discord is pure evil and an apocalyptic threat.
• Equestria was founded when the Princesses overthrew Discord; all history before then is uncertain due to chaos.
• Celestia is wise, powerful, and above all, trustworthy. While she might manipulate and misdirect for the greater good, she'd never deliberately lie or give harmful instructions just to see if ponies were willing to go against her.
• Pinkie is highly intelligent and empathetic outside occasional breakdowns like Party of One.
• Equestria does not have internal combustion engines, hydroelectric dams, film, television or video games.
And so on.
>>
>>30447353
> I wish more stories were set in the "classic" FiM universe as we understood it
You're not alone in that, Anon. That sort of high-fantasy setting always had so much more appeal to me than "generic North America with pony puns" we get now. Only thing that I'd add in is
>Nightmare's rebellion was some serious shit that was a significant event in Equestria's history, not a two-minute temper-tantrum.

>>30445811
As for my thoughts:
> After a defeat, Changelings seek refuge in the Griffon Kingdom.
> Sympathizing with another predatory species, Griffons give them shelter (albeit under very strict control and feeding limits)
> Celestia considers this an affront, given the long time scourge Changelings have been on Equestria
> Conflict based on differing visions of how predator- and prey-type creatures view the world ensues
> Also internal conflict in the griffon lands over straight-hunting vs Changelings' ambush predation methods.
>>
>>30447390
>Only thing that I'd add in is
>>Nightmare's rebellion was some serious shit that was a significant event in Equestria's history, not a two-minute temper-tantrum.
That too.

Also:
• Ponies age similarly to humans, and school lasts a reasonable length of time.
• The CMC aren't far from getting their cutie marks, once they face their fears and embrace the things they like and are good at (as foreshadowed in The Show Stoppers).

>As for my thoughts:
>> After a defeat, Changelings seek refuge in the Griffon Kingdom.
>> Sympathizing with another predatory species, Griffons give them shelter (albeit under very strict control and feeding limits)
>> Celestia considers this an affront, given the long time scourge Changelings have been on Equestria
>> Conflict based on differing visions of how predator- and prey-type creatures view the world ensues
>> Also internal conflict in the griffon lands over straight-hunting vs Changelings' ambush predation methods.
Could be interesting.
>>
>>30447353
>Discord is pure evil
That was never canon you edgelord
>Pinkie is highly intelligent and empathetic outside occasional breakdowns like Party of One
That is and was always highly dependant on the writer.
> Equestria was founded when the Princesses overthrew Discord; all history before then is uncertain due to chaos.
wasn't it canon since S2E11 that sisters came to Equestria after Wendigos yet before Discord?
>>
>>30447353
I don't consider Discord canon. He's Q self insert and an idiot.
You have Nightmare Moon for that.
>>
>>30447353
Another one:
• Discord was responsible for setting the Princesses against each other.

>>30447674
>That was never canon you edgelord
>as we understood it
l2read.

>That is and was always highly dependant on the writer.
Where in Faust canon was she anywhere near as obliviously abrasive as in episodes like Filli Vanilli, The Crystal Empire or even A Friend in Deed?

>wasn't it canon since S2E11 that sisters came to Equestria after Wendigos yet before Discord?
S2E3 was the last episode fully reviewed and approved by Faust. Nearly six months passed between the first leaks about Discord and when S2E11 aired. And even afterward, people tried to by justify it by saying it was just a play, or that it wasn't totally historically accurate (remember the arguments over the flag?), or that the princesses didn't immediately take power after beating Discord. And some stories just ignored it. It was only the Journal of the Two Sisters that really cemented the play as canon; and even now canon is a confusing mess as to what actually happened (which I imagine is much less appealing to writers than a near-blank slate).
>>
File: 0316247545.01.S027.LXXXXXXX.jpg (104KB, 600x811px) Image search: [Google]
0316247545.01.S027.LXXXXXXX.jpg
104KB, 600x811px
>>30447730
>Q self insert
Pretty sure Q isn't real.
>>
>>30447730
>>30448081
Found the quote I was looking for (I think):

http://www.roanoke.com/arts_and_entertainment/arts/interview-with-john-de-lancie-of-star-trek-and-breaking/article_73354b58-9836-11e3-8589-001a4bcf6878.html
>I didn't know this, but ... Lauren Faust said, "I'm writing a character named Discord." She says this to her bosses.
>
>And they say, "Well, what is that character?"
>
>"He's a trickster ... He's like Q on 'Star Trek.'"
>
>And they went, "Oh my God, do you think that we would be able to get John de Lancie to do it?"
>
>And she said, "Well, let me find out."

Which apparently got distorted to:

http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?p=99488
>the script called for an actor who could do something along the lines of Star Trek's Q for the part, and Hasbro came back and said "Why don't we just get John de Lancie?" and the show staff went "We can get John de Lancie?!" in astonishment.
>>
>>30447353
>Unicorns still move the sun and moon; Celestia and Luna only restore their drained magic afterward.
Oh I like that.
>>
>>30448607
Apart from general principles of self-reliance, it would've saved a lot of panic in the plunder vine incident; and it'd make it easier for them to take vacations if they wanted. Not sure it'd entirely fit with their canon cutie marks, but cutie marks are pretty open to interpretation.
>>
>>30447975
>Where in Faust canon was she anywhere near as obliviously abrasive as in episodes like Filli Vanilli, The Crystal Empire or even A Friend in Deed?
Her learning to not be abrasive was the point of Friend In Deed. I don't remember her being annoying in the Crystal Emprie. Also Swarm of the Centure and potentially Feeling Pinkie Keen.
>>
>>30447730
But Nightmare Moon is shit, and is even stupider than Discord.
>>
>>30448688
>Her learning to not be abrasive was the point of Friend In Deed.
In season 1 she was never as bad as she was in A Friend in Deed.

>I don't remember her being annoying in the Crystal Empire.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmiseO9_Mkk

>Also Swarm of the Centure
Where the lesson was literally that they should have stopped and listened to her instead of writing her off as being "random"?

>and potentially Feeling Pinkie Keen.
Not even sure what she's supposed to have done wrong there.
>>
>>30445811
Nightmare Moon is the only villain.
The elements didn't defeat her 1000 years ago, and since then they've been rotting away in some old castle. How could they possibly have any hope of working now?
NMM dismantles the real elements, puts up a token effort to resist the mane6 (without using even a fraction of her magic), uses a simple illusion on herself to return to Luna's form.
This way, she can return to Celestia's side without bloodshed or tragedy. That part comes later.

In Return of Harmony, NMM releases Discord (who was imprisoned permanently!). Without his knowledge, probably. Doesn't really matter. This is done in order to show to Celestia that even prisons of stone won't last, Celestia can't trust that anything is truly eternal.

In Canterlot Wedding, NMM kills and impersonates the changeling queen, and leads the clueless changelings to attack Canterlot. This is to show that Celestia can't even trust her closest friends to be themselves.
Remember that Luna is also a shapeshifter in canon, and that Chrysalis was strong enough that she managed to defeat Celestia, and that the real Cadance was imprisoned deep beneath Canterlot, and that Luna was nowhere to be found. That sort of attack took a LOT of inside knowledge. The kind of knowledge Luna would have, but not a foreign bug who's never seen Equestria before.

In Crystal Empire, Luna riles Celestia up and suggests that SHE should go to the crystal empire, and probably more than that off-screen. The point of this is to distress Celestia and lead Celestia down a darker path than she might normally take. NMM's plans pay off, and Celestia reveals dark magic to Twilight.

The purpose is never to win any of these attacks, or to defeat Celestia in a battle, the purpose is to slowly but surely, over years, erode everything Celestia believes in and has taken for granted. Eternity. The face of her friends. Even corrupting her prize student with dark magic.

After that it sort of falls apart. Oh well.
>>
>>30448979
Reminds me of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao9teQKuEo8.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.