[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Larson never going to write for MLP confirmed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 23

File: Capture.png (1MB, 876x653px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1MB, 876x653px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lVa1M4nxp8&t=3039s

42:30

He REALLY hate the current show. It also clear he doesn't watch post S2 episodes as he only learned that Discord was reformed when he was editing for S5. We're also getting episode with his name on it in S7 but he has nothing to do with it.
>>
I wouldn't take it that he hates the current show itself, he may or he may not, he just doesn't like how it's being run. And I agree, I think season 7 has been solid, but all the micromanagement going on isn't good.

Either way, it's true it would take a miracle for him to come back. It's a shame, but I don't know if we deserve him anyway.
>>
>>30438608
>Larson's most famous episode was butchered by Hasbro executives
>somehow Larson becomes story editor during season 5
>Vogel (a Hasbro executive) decides to get even more involved during season 6
>Larson runs away to never come back
And people still blame Jim for everything wrong with the show.
>>
Small group of artists getting 90% of stuff done amongs themselves VS the "Hollywood" corporate structure of premise, approval, editing, approval again etc. In the latter, the end product tends to be pretty different from what the first person in the chain envisioned.

That doesn't mean the end result ends up bad, but I gather it's not very fulfilling for the writers involved when too much gets changed from their original vision.
>>
>>30438785
Basically Larson and Faust wanted to have Steven Universe and Star Vs FoE with their own take on it and story, character development they wanted to have.

But Hasbro wanted to have his own people involve with writing and turn the show into "no man land" where anyone can pitch something about the story that add lore or even canonise a ship (sugarbellexBigMac) but can never really create an ongoing story arc or development that may be continued through seasons (Confalone writing MarbleMac in Hearthbreakers)
>>
>>30438763
How does someone with a name like that a respected member of the community? Like, it sounds like fucking Goge Vandire.
>>
File: 1496807753870.jpg (14KB, 320x238px) Image search: [Google]
1496807753870.jpg
14KB, 320x238px
>>30438808
>>
>>30439026
Except the Age of Apostasy was a black mark on the Imperium's history, arguably worse than the Horus Heresy.
>>
>>30438608

Good for him. I hope he can find success and personal fulfillment in all his future endeavors.
>>
>>30438608
How long until we start saying the show is much better without him like we do with Faust?
>>
>>30439114
Id say when the movie hits.
>>
>>30439114
It will fluctuate between the show is better off and the show is worse off without him depending on the quality of the latest episode.
>>
>>30439114
you can already say that if season 7 keeps the quality in 2nd half
and for a good reason...the fact that we are here and the show keeps bringing really good eps(not all the time though,expect 2 or 3 shit ones) restore the faith to some old fans

A Royal Problem and The Perfect Pear could easily become classics in retrospective
>>
File: larson papa.png (592KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
larson papa.png
592KB, 1440x1080px
>>30438608
TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN
>>
Truly, the death of creator-driven animation.
>>
>>30438608
>It also clear he doesn't watch post S2 episodes as he only learned that Discord was reformed when he was editing for S5

Insert meme about Larson complaining about writers who don't watch their shows.
>>
>>30438608
>He REALLY hate the current show.
*He really dislikes how the show is currently run and how his contribution often doesn't have all that much impact on the final product, but he still loves the show as a whole.

FTFY
>>
>>30439114
That doesn't really work since he was mostly a writer and his episodes are almost all well-liked, and (in my opinion at least) because season 5, of which he was story editor for one half, was the best season of the show thus far. So maybe he'll be less beloved in the future, but I doubt he'll fall from grace like Lauren, especially since he actually still tried his best at collaborating with everyone.
>>
File: IMG_3796.jpg (24KB, 200x303px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3796.jpg
24KB, 200x303px
>>30439129
>A Royal Problem and The Perfect Pear could easily become classics in retrospective
>>
File: 1497071944419.gif (1MB, 350x248px) Image search: [Google]
1497071944419.gif
1MB, 350x248px
>>30438608
>Still no King Sombra
>>
>>30439114
When he makes a comment that even implies to badmouth Hasbro.

Then suddenly those supposedly normal 4chan Anons that keep rating episodes-even the shit ones-10/10, will suddenly call him a piece of shit and start talking about how it would be great if his children were killed.
>>
File: MhjLZzJ.jpg (59KB, 640x660px) Image search: [Google]
MhjLZzJ.jpg
59KB, 640x660px
>>30439026
>>
>>30439167
And by that he only meant the show made by Lauren, Amy and Rob.
>>
>>30439159
I feel your pain, fellow oldfag.
>>
>>30439094
I wouldn't even be fucking mad if Larson joined the Mane6 team to help Lauren write the story.
>>
>>30439576
>Baaaaah
I would be a little desu, although I couldn't blame him for working with his idol. Though if we keep to our memes, that'd mean he'd write actually good stories in her universe.
>>
>>30439479
I wasn't aware you could read minds, Anon. That's amazing!

Jokes aside, he keeps mentioning ideas he would like to try out in the show, but it always comes back to doubts about whether he'd be able to (his thoughts on Cadence being one example).
>>
>>30438608
>42:40
>"I would happily have continued on writing for the show"
>Name of thread

Methinks there's a mismatch here...
>>
>>30438802

Except in this case, FiM pre-dated and paved the way for both SU and SvtFoE.
>>
>>30438608
>Name on upcoming episode
>Has nothing to do with said episode

How does this work?
>>
>>30438608

It's actually a decent interview if you can ignore the interviewer's horribly annoying voices.
>>
>>30438802
SU has problems due to lack of oversight.
>>
>>30438608

>he only learned that Discord was reformed when he was editing for S5

Literally the biggest faustfag ever
>>
>>30439114

Maybe in the S10 if the show survive after the S8. Larson is the biggest memer in the staff and /mlp/ love his memes
>>
>>30440020
I'm guessing not his premise, and it's been micro-managed into oblivion. His name's on it because he worked on it at one point, even if all his work is lost now.
>>
File: doctor knows.png (261KB, 693x694px) Image search: [Google]
doctor knows.png
261KB, 693x694px
>>30439114
I'm surprised it isn't happening already, considering how he wrote /mlp/'s most hated episodes, MMC and SoL even though SoL is a flawless masterpiece
>>
>>30440331

those were both good though. MMC grew on me through the years to where I like it now and can appreciate it for what it was.
>>
File: Mad Appul.png (358KB, 800x543px) Image search: [Google]
Mad Appul.png
358KB, 800x543px
>>30439114
The show is much better without Larson.
>>
>>30440331
>SoL
Wasn't it forced on him to change his ideas and make it a pandering episode? I think I saw that here but can't remember if it was substantiated. Anyways that episode isn't as hated here as it should be.
>>
>>30439969
Context matter. He said he WOULD if X happened and it's impossible for X to happen because Lauren will never return and the show is made the way it is without a centralised show bible or creator running things. So basically he will never return.
>>
File: HIDF.jpg (35KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
HIDF.jpg
35KB, 325x325px
>>30440342
>
>>
>>30440009
Nope. Guys behind Teen Titans or Avatar TLA had ideas and story arc planned ahead.
>>
>>30440020
>make a story about Discord and Fluttershy going to Saddle Arabia
>change it to Rarity and Applejack going to Manehattan but still leave his name as the initial idea was his

This way
>>
>>30440396

life is easier and more enjoyable once you just give up the fight and submit to them.
>>
>>30440190
>I'm so annoyed that new writers don't watch the episodes

>still refuse to watch episodes from S3-S7

This is Larson's and other Faustfags mentality.
>>
>>30438608
He also clearly says that Lauren was the only one keeping the show together and obviously implies that the new fuckers don't even watch the show
>>
>watching the show
>>
>>30440331
>>30440366
Yes SoL was forced on him by either Vogel, Lenard or McCarthy but he basically wrote everything himself beside the initial concept of revolving around Matildas wedding since that was Amy's idea before she switched with Larson in doing the gryphon stone episode.
>>
File: bricks.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
bricks.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>30440438
Even if they only seend Season 4-6 thats STILL more tha fucking Larson who only seen Season 1 and 2.

He's a faustfag and i hate faustfags. What an asshole!
>>
>>30440423
Imagine if he joined S8 without ever acknowledge that Applejack come from Pears, that Dash is a wonderbolt, that CMC have their cutie marks, that Discord is being shipped with FS, that Twilight is an aunt, that Rarity has 3 shops and that Pinkie has 3 sisters and one of them lives in Ponyville.
>>
Blame fucking Neal Dusedau. He was such a hack and such a dick to Larson that he wanted out of the show ASAP because Dusedau was every modern problem he saw with it. I hope three shitty episodes were worth losing the shows best.

Why was Secret of Excess so bad compared to his normal stuff though?
>>
>>30439244
Well, Winter Wrap Up did, and it's a pretty bad episode if you take out the song.
>>
>>30440505
What About Discord was awesome, the only reason people hate is is because there were not enough FUNNY XD MEMEY references
>>
File: 1497705159617.jpg (41KB, 419x346px) Image search: [Google]
1497705159617.jpg
41KB, 419x346px
>>30440450
>was forced on him
Speaking of which, why has nobody asked him, or any of the staff, who's the person coming up with the ideas that they clearly don't want to write, like SOL but more accurately things like FlurryHeart, the castle, or S3 finale.

You people (who are shameless and not paranoid enough to use twitter or attend cons) have had plenty of time to investigate, so why don't you?
>>
>>30440516
No, it was shit that didn't know what it wanted to do and was unnecessary. No one likes the episodes where Discord tries to teach Twilight shit. It was a bad arc that they attempted and kept fucking up because it was clear from the start Discord just wants to fuck with her.
>>
>>30440527
> because it was clear from the start Discord just wants to fuck with her.
Except it wasn't and you probably should stop projecting? I for one thought that they would go extra retarded and say that Discord just wanted their friendship and did put them under a spell. I can't see anything wrong with Discord teaching Twilight a lesson by being a dick. I think it was actually one of the subtler Discord plans, he successfully tormented Twilight for several days and got away with it with barely any consequences. Plus it did portray feeling not included in something pretty well.
>>
>>30440520
>who's the person coming up with the ideas that they clearly don't want to write
>like FlurryHeart, the castle, or S3 finale.
So whenever you dislike something you make up a headcanon that the writers simply "didn't want to write it"?
>>
Here's the hard truth guys. We can never really say "the show is garbage now", because there's so much god damned turn over in writers and producers that each season is a crap shoot.
>>
>>30440550
They fucked up the ending hard. Also, intentionally making a shitty episode that is hard to watch isn't good writing. Neal Dusedau is the kind of person to think he's clever or at Larsons level when he's the worst person who ever worked on this show. His episodes ooze a "yeah, this is clever and you know it" vibe even though they are not.
>>
>>30440581
What was so bad about the ending?
>His episodes ooze a "yeah, this is clever and you know it" vibe even though they are not.
Wut? I told you, stop projecting.
>>
>>30438608
So realistically speaking, what's the best way to save the show? From the looks of it, it seems like the problems stem from several issues, including too many hands in the pot, and no oversight and vision
>>
>>30440625
The best way is to stop posing your subjective opinions as if they were objective?
>>
>>30440630
Fucking Larson spelled it out. How fucking retarded are you?
>>
>>30440651
Larson is a human being with subjective opinions, too. Why would disagreeing with him suddenly make anyone retarded?
>>
>>30440611
It completely fucking invalidated things like the S4 finale and even Make New Friends But Keep Discord, an episode where Discord learned the exact lesson (don't just use people to be "friends" just to make others upset) that he did in this episode. He never learns shit. He pretends to be this mastermind pulling the strings but cries like a little bitch when things quickly unravel and learns nothing.
>>
>>30440660
Except you don't actually remember what happened in the episodes and decide to generalize instead? I bet you're the kind of guy that criticized Bloom and Gloom for being "another CMC episode centered around citie marks" even though the last episode like that aired three years before BaG.
MNFbKD is the episode where Discord learned that people he likes are not obliged to only be friends with him. They literally spelled it out. And in WAD he wants Twilight to learn the same lesson, too, plus the fact that being a princess of friendship doesn't make her prone to jealousy, which is clearly spelled out too. Is this so hard to follow instead of making generalizations in your head?
>>
>>30440696
What about how he treated Smooze like shit and apologized to him for using him? That was the lesson too.

Discord was still fucking around with peoples trust and really didnt have great intentions. Oh yeah, deceive people into being "friends" with you so you can teach someone else a lesson that they wouldn't have experienced anyway or needed to. It was contrived as fuck, and Discord falling apart at the end like he did proved that his intentions were bad and he put a thin veneer of "IT WAS JUST A LESSON BRO" to try to hide that he did dumb shit.
>>
>>30440734
>Oh yeah, deceive people into being "friends" with you
But he never deceived anyone, he simply acted nice which he's not incapable of (as evidenced by his last ep) but doesn't usually do.
> It was contrived as fuck, and Discord falling apart at the end like he did proved that his intentions were bad
Or maybe it proved that he hadn't counted on the Mane 6 giving him a taste of his own medicine because of his little friendship experience.
>>
>>30440840
No, he was only trying to be friends with the M6 to "teach Twilight a lesson about jealousy" (read: piss her off) so all of his nice behavior to them had an ulterior motive. Remember that they were all pissed at him at the end, not just Twilight. Because they were used.

Yes, and what is the "taste of his own medicine" part supposed to do? I thought Discord was teaching a valuable lesson about friendship? Oh? What's that? He was actually a dick who took advantage of trust and manipulated feelings to do so? Guess it wasn't a good friendship lesson after all, haha! Why even have the episode if you make it pointless
>>
>>30440516
It was shit just like the entire "Twilight/Discord" chemistry since he reformed.

They tried to make it like S2 but then it wa OK since he was evil and now it look like he just abuse her.

I know they were aiming for "friendenmies" type of chemistry but they really failed and it just make Discord look like a creep. He has much better rivalry chemistry with Trixie because Trixie actually make fun of him hwile Twilight just want to be left alone and he go out of his way to make her miserable for his own boner.
I'm still shipping fluttercord but the episodes like Threes a Crowd or What about Discord are really why i have days in which i hope he would just fuck off.
>>
>>30440550
There was some attempt at Discord being emapthethic to Twilight and have come chemistry in Twilight Kingdom but it was thrown out of window completely in What About Discord
>>
>>30440565
That doesn't answer the question.
>>
>>30440423
Larson story edited S5. I'm sure he knows what happens after S3.
>>
>>30440450
>Vogel, Lenard or McCarthy
Actually, it was The Hub.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTJoTjeyqmA

12:00
>>
>>30440962
>I'm still shipping
Opinion discarded
>>
File: wad_ending_shot.png (948KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
wad_ending_shot.png
948KB, 1280x720px
>>30440869
>No, he was only trying to be friends with the M6 to "teach Twilight a lesson about jealousy" (read: piss her off) so all of his nice behavior to them had an ulterior motive. Remember that they were all pissed at him at the end, not just Twilight. Because they were used.
That doesn't look very pissed to me.
Even if he head an ulterior motive, the point was that he was able to achieve their liking through legitimately nice actions and not by putting them under a spell, which was one of the reasons Twilight was so annoyed in the first place and couldn't believe it.
>Yes, and what is the "taste of his own medicine" part supposed to do? I thought Discord was teaching a valuable lesson about friendship? Oh? What's that? He was actually a dick who took advantage of trust and manipulated feelings to do so? Guess it wasn't a good friendship lesson after all, haha! Why even have the episode if you make it pointless
Now you're just overthinking stuff Mr. Enter-style. Discord was teaching a lesson about friendship but he was still being a douche so they decided to get back at him in a friendly way.
>>30440975
Discord is empathetic enough not to be a villain again, what else do you need?
>>
>>30440520
Because your idea of some single mastermind ruining the show is unsubstantiated and ridiculous. What is more likely is that there are several suits at hasbro with their fingers in the pot, knowing that having a successful brand would look good on their resume, and every toy insert is probably the result of a whole team of people working to design popular toys and wanting it to be on the show that was created to advertise them. Even if the writers were allowed to name who demanded which changes, they probably won't be able to remember any single name because they've probably seen dozens.
>>
>>30438608
Good. He's the main reason the show is now full of ebin fandom maymays.
>>
>>30441051
He didn't watch S3 when editing S5 as he literally said he didn't knew that Discord returned after S2. Watch the interview in OP
>>
>>30441317
Hasbro IS a single person.

But I'd rather this get something concrete instead of having to rely on what's most likely.

And who knows, maybe we could get a twist and learn that McCarthy was really the villain all along.
>>
>>30441384
>Hasbro IS a single person.
It's true. His full name is Joe Hasbro. We had lunch the other day. Stand-up guy.

His ex-wife is Cindy Mattel.
>>
>>30439114
People will say the show has gotten better, not because he left, it just got better because it has better episodes.
>>
>>30439114
theres no correlation between the two. the show is better overall, but not because larson left.
>>
>>30439596
>Though if we keep to our memes
What do you mean by this?

Someone should ask him on Twitter if he ever thought about writing for Them's Fightin Herds.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (207KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
207KB, 1920x1080px
>>30439079
>Worse than fucking horus
its like you WANT more warp storms.
>>
File: ss+(2017-07-02+at+04.53.40).png (30KB, 1078x303px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-07-02+at+04.53.40).png
30KB, 1078x303px
>>30440020
Pic related, from the last thread where this video came up.
>>
>>30440657
He's retarded for assuming that the other guy is positing these things as objective fact, and not simply the personal views of someone who's more well-informed on the subject. Obviously Mitch's feelings are his own, but from where he's been, his idea of how the show operates carries more likely truth than that of some random anon.
>>
>>30439114
Show is better off without Lauren just looking at how hard of a time I had continuing through to get to the Discord episode when I watched the first season.
Larson wasn't a directer, he was a writer. The show would be better if it had him writing episodes but he wasn't in a decision making position till season 5 and it was a great season. Is weaker without him but not in a "its shit now" kind of way.
More a "could be even better" way.
>>
>>30438808
Most people are mature enough to put names behind them.
>>
File: discord twilight.jpg (120KB, 840x468px) Image search: [Google]
discord twilight.jpg
120KB, 840x468px
>>30440550

The reason "What about Discord" sucked was because the mane6 sans Twilight were wildly out of character in that episode.

Only Fluttershy likes Discord, but in this episode everyone magically was besties with him and they were constantly in stitches over dumb, unfunny shit that happened offscreen. When you watch that episode, you genuinely identify with Twilight's opinion that her friends must be under some sort of spell because they are acting utterly retarded and out of character, which is the opposite of what the writer would be trying to achieve in a script where Twilight is supposedly the problem.

In relation to the rest of the season, that episode feels like the person who wrote it doesn't really watch the show at all.
>>
>>30442289
Dusedau never did, this is why Larson hated him.
>>
File: hmm.png (42KB, 388x352px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
42KB, 388x352px
>>30442289
But when you're not included in a certain group that doesn't always mean you're the problem anon. Why can't Mane Six have fun with Discord if he's not being a dick?
>>
>>30441708
>What do you mean by this?
Well, it's not really a meme, but it's a common opinion here that while Lauren is great at coming up with a universe and holding it together like Larson describes in the interview, she's a pretty mediocre writer and it's great writers like him and AKR who made the show as good as it is.
>>
>>30438763
Hello, Jim! Yes, everything is still your fault because you could have stopped LOTS of idiotic changes but all what you did was fart and do nothing!
>>
>>30439129
>A Royal Problem
Found the Starlight shill.
>>
>>30442322
>AKR
She wrote an ep about Pinkie learning not to be an annoying bitch (A Friend In Deed) but then she wrote an ep where Pinkie was quite possibly at her most annoying (Filli Vanilli). This is clearly not okay and she most probably didn't care about what she was writing because that's "for kids"? Why is /mlp/ willing to forget about that fact and pretend she's a great writer, but if any newfag writer did it, they'd be writing walls of text about how the newfag writer is the worst human being ever?
>>
>>30440520
Jim said that Flurryheart and Starlight joining the Mane6 were their own ideas and not imposed by Hasbro.
>>
>>30442361
I'd like to know the limits where Hasbro brought their mandatory ideas to the show and which ones the own writing staff

Starlight and Flurry Heart were DHX ideas,in fact,Starlight doesnt have toys with the new mane(or at least,marketed from what I've seen so far)

I wonder if Hasbro has put a finger on something these last 2/3 seasons
>>
>>30439159
Was he right all along?
>>
>>30442359
>Insecure Flutterfags are still mad about Filli Vanilli
Pinkie did nothing wrong

More seriously though, every writer has not so great moments. Larson's Swarm of the Century could have been easily resolved if Pinkie just stopped a moment to explain shit, even if the lesson is correct she did overdo it. Most of AKR's episode are good to great, similar to Larson. But yeah, she had more questionable stuff, which is why she is usually rated somewhat lower. I personally don't like the whole "New writers are bad if they don't get everything right the first time" stuff and try to not engage in it (I even think Dusedau's episodes had promise but he somehow managed to thoroughly fuck up the execution both times; I do consider him a pretty bad writer for the show though) because of that above reason.
>>
>>30441123
Oh, he will be a villian again in the future.
>>
>>30442322
>Lauren, mediocre writer
You should watch Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends before saying that. That show is basically a predecessor of FiM.
All of the original writers for FiM including Lauren is involved with the writing, and she's pretty good writer.
>>
>>30442842
I was referring to FiM only, as I haven't watched her other work. She did a great job on the FiM universe and characters, so that writing is fine, but her actual episodes aren't all that great.
>>
>>30442971
She's only credited as a writer in first three episodes of FiM, and one of it was a pilot episode for the show. I think it's a little harsh to judge her writing with only three introduction episodes.

Although I get your point and I do agree that other writers did a better job on writing for FiM. I remember Lauren herself agreed on that in some interviews.
>>
File: boy.jpg (31KB, 680x391px) Image search: [Google]
boy.jpg
31KB, 680x391px
>>30441842
>not wanting to feel the presence of the almighty god emperor of mankind through his warp storms.
Pic related
>>
>>30442345
JIMMAY! OH JIMMAAAYYYYY!
>>
>>30442378
>I wonder if Hasbro has put a finger on something these last 2/3 seasons
The swan boat in gift of the maud pie maybe?
>>
>>30439114
No one actually believes that when they say it. It's just an inflammatory comment used to garner attention from the mentally handicapped.
>>
>>30445915
you are correct
it only appeared for a few seconds though,the whole episode was written around that toy and yet nobody would have noticed

some could bet the new changeling designs if anything
>>
>>30445950
I kind of want one.
>>
>>30445950
Hasbro actually gives the writing team and DHX a lot of leeway with regards to how they implement the toy-placement things. The swan paddleboat is one; there's also Cherry Berry's helicopter, which was on screen for all of a few seconds. The fact that "toy-exclusive alicorns" like Princesses Sterling, Gold Lily, and Skyla even exist should tell you something: that when Flurry or nu-changelings get in, it's most likely someone's fault at the show-production level.
>>
no fucking way I am listening to this shit
>its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like its like

How stupid one can be to repeat it in every sentence?
>>
>>30438608
>gets upset when writers don't watch the show
>didn't watch Keep Calm and Flutter On
What?
>>
>>30446044
I did not know those toy-exclusive alicorns existed. Cadance was still a toy mandate though right?
>>
>>30446173
I'm unsure. It seems likely that the Hasbro toy-inclusion leash was tighter in the early days. What we do know is that Lauren was involved in developing the story, but the alicorn-ness came after she left the show.
>>
File: aa.jpg (136KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
aa.jpg
136KB, 800x800px
>>30442361
>Vogel, a Hasbro toy executive, crowbars himself into a position on the show staff in S6.
>Suddenly obvious toy inserts come from DHX.
Hmm.

But what about the earlier stuff? I mean Faust knew of Cadence as a creative consultant, but didn't know she was an alicorn Princess.
>>
>>30446182
So you've decided that product placement in the early days were mandated, but nowadays the creative team just do it because... they want to?

Not a very convincing argument desu.
>>
>>30438608
They shoud've done it before episode 100.
>>30439114
Only the newest of newfags and fans of the fandom say this.
>>
>>30446523
Nah, original writers and earlier seasons creators just gave a shit to integrate the product placement to the show naturally than later seasons.
Take a look at hot air balloon in Sonic Rainboom and Return Of Harmony, friendship train in Over a Barrel, The Last Round Up, MMMystery In The Friendship Express, and compare it with the swan boat in S6.
>>
>>30440423
>>30440459

>>30440396
>>
>>30441053
You are aware same people are responsible for this channel. It's either them or Brian Goldner but i doubt he would know what "bronies" are or who Larson is. It's probably Vogel as he was the main producer at the time.
>>
File: 3636363.jpg (53KB, 500x607px) Image search: [Google]
3636363.jpg
53KB, 500x607px
>>30442839
Discord is already a villain, a bandit and a thief ever since Fluttershy fell for him.
>>
>>30446073
It's like you don't talk like that when you're being interviewed.
>>
>>30440418
>Just surrender.
Never, coward.
>>
>>30446523
Not very convincing, but from what we've heard in interviews, it's how things have worked.

Jim on Flurry Heart:
>I seem to recall that this actually came more from a storytelling opportunity rather than exclusively from Hasbro Brand, but they were excited about the possibility of a new alicorn. As with all of these new character/idea introductions will be what we do with them beyond their initial appearance. Can we continue with these ideas and make them relevant? Make the audience care about this new character? Does this change offer us additional opportunities to tell fun and interesting stories moving forward (which, after 5 seasons can prove to be more difficult than you’d think)? Time (and fan reaction) will tell if it was a good idea.
So it's more that the ideas they're putting in just happen to be very toyetic, these days. As someone further up in the thread mentioned, this could be the result of Vogel working directly on the scripts. Being a former Hasbro VP of development, it's easy to see how he would approach writing from a toy-selling angle -- and after he had his Burning Man revelation and decided to try writing, the first project with his name byline was "Good Night, Baby Flurry Heart."
>>
>>30447358
Ah, I see. More corporate lies to go with the corporate meddling, akin to "we wanted to make EqG because we saw all the humanized art." Gotcha.
>>
>>30447366
>>30447387
Um, something weird happened just now.
>>
>>30447399
Sorry, I deleted my post to make a small fix. The one you replied to was only up for like 30 seconds, so I didn't think it would be an issue.

>corporate lies
I mean, I guess you can refuse to believe it if you want. But he freely admitted to other stuff being toy mandates, like Cherry Berry's heli. Here's the full interview: https://www.equestriadaily.com/2016/03/equestria-daily-interviews-mlp-season-6.html
>>
>>30438608
>t also clear he doesn't watch post S2 episodes as he only learned that Discord was reformed when he was editing for S5

That's not what he said. He said it was jarring to write for a post-reformed discord after only knowing how to write for pre-reformed discord.
>>
>>30447426
>"Oh, so that what they did with him"
It doesn't look like he wa aware of his reformation when he was editing his episode.
>>
>>30438608
I agree that they turned Discord into a Genie.
A Genie that is being shipped with female Alladin.
Like they combined Alladin and Beauty and Beast
>>
>>30447420
All I'm saying is that we've had confirmed lies in the past, so trust is in short supply with statements like those.

Speaking of lies, does anyone have the interview with Meghan where she tells the journo her reaction to being told to make EqG (maybe the one where she gives the shill line as well)? I suddenly feel like I should hold onto those in case they become relevant again.
>>
>>30447454
He has left before, broseph.
>>
>>30447785
The way I see it, the matter with Vogel is corporate meddling at its natural conclusion: former executives who literally write the show themselves. That's why it's believable to me. It's a bit different with McCarthy because she started out as a writer.
>>
>>30447486
>two characters of different sexes interacting is always shipping
So is he also being shipped with Trixie?
>>
>>30447832
If he wanted to actually have influence he would have stayed an exec. He traded down.
>>
>>30447844
He never actually stopped being an exec, though. He was "co-executive producer" for the movie during the development of season 7, so it's clear he's still maintained his own influence while still dumping his creative energies directly into the show.
>>
>>30447358
>rather than exclusively from Hasbro Brand, but they were excited about the possibility of a new alicorn.
That sounds like a freudian slip.
>>
>>30438785
>>
God this board became slow as shit. I don't even have to keep an eye on this thread to keep it afloat.
>>
I'm sick of writters believing they're full control vision is the best, and shitting on everything that happens after they leave. Why I lost respect for Lauren. Looks like her influence rubbed off of Larson.. No Larson. It isn't all shit. The show still has it's great moments without you. You go do you're thing.
>>
>>30449943
You know that's because Lewis and Songco are the best writers we've had in a while, right? Not to mention that Vogel was gone all of this season to work on the movie.
>>
>>30438608
Wow these threads are really easy to save now.

What happened? Did people get bored of endlessly bumping stupid generals every 10 seconds?
>>
>>30438608
Well no shit.
>>
>>30449943
I'm happy that for you the show still has great moments. I just wish you weren't retarded, but maybe those two are related.
>>
>>30447842
If any reaction video notice that Hasbro is shipping them in the new episode and some of the staff tease them on twitter then you know there's something serious between the characters at this point. Don't fall for "just friends" meme like some very naive kid. Them not literally fucking on screen doesn't mean they wren't shipped when considering all their dialogues in the last 4 seasons.
>>
>>30442348
They are not hard to spot.
>>
>>30449943
>shitting on everything that happens after they leave. Why I lost respect for Lauren.
Except she has never done this you lying fucktard.
>>
>>30449943

He doesn't say the show is shit, he says the way it's run is shit.

There are too many cooks in the kitchen, and people like Faust and Larson didn't have the freedom they believe they needed to create the show they wanted to.
>>
>>30440331
>most hated
Why would you out your self as a newfag so willingly?
>>
>>30438608
Who is this guy? Is that Ego Raptor? I didn't know Game Grumps did stuff on MLP.
>>
>>30438608
What the fuck are you saying ? He said he loves the show ! It's not working the same way as before and that seems to be the issue, not the show itself
Thread posts: 152
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.