[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think Lauren cry herself to sleep seeing how her name

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 10

File: 4ad.png (360KB, 494x750px) Image search: [Google]
4ad.png
360KB, 494x750px
Do you think Lauren cry herself to sleep seeing how her name will never be credited as a screenwriter of the movie?
>>
File: 1471342789323.png (370KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1471342789323.png
370KB, 500x375px
>>30424896
>There is no wrong way to fantasize
>>
>>30424896
Well, she gets her name rightfully mentioned at the beginning of every episode, so there's that.

And who knows, they're likely to mention her at least in credits.
>>
She won't see it, she said she can't even watch the show since she left

I love mommy Faust, but honestly she comes off as kind of a bitch, like SHE left...she didn't get fired, she left because a major corporation wouldn't just let her run wild and do literally whatever she wanted, TOUGH COOKIES. She could act way more graceful about the situation than she does but she just comes off as petulant and bitter.
>>
>>30425046
The worst part is that she would of led the show to being literally nothing of value in just 2 seasons.

Thanks god Meghan took it. Then Josh Haber did an ok-ish job and now those 2 girls who always work together whose name i don't remember are doing an amazing job
>>
I assume, if anything in MLP could make Lauren deeply regret her decision to leave back then, it would be her seeing how much writers became able to get away with in the later seasons.
>>
>>30425046
>she said she can't even watch the show since she left
I have always assumed she says so she doesnt have to state an opinion of how the show is currently.

>>30425063
Whats the lesson to be learn from this?
>>
>>30424896
>>30425046
>>30425063
I wonder what her reaction to The Perfect Pear would be.
>>
File: meg.jpg (35KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
meg.jpg
35KB, 480x640px
>>30425061
Meghan is great, she doesn't catch much shit these days but it always made me cringe hardcore when people used to hate on her constantly
>>
>>30425063
This always bugged me. It feels like the show has gotten A LOT less restrictive with its approach to subject matter. Sure they have to shoe horn in toys into the plot every now and then, but they're hitting on themes that you never thought you'd see in an MLP show.

Stuff like Fluttershy's NEET brother, Rainbow Dash admitting she's retarded (well, more like really dumb), and AJ's parents episode. Just everything about that episode throws expectations out the window.
>>
>>30424896
IDW is crediting her for the movie adaptation as a writer.
>>
>>30425014
I could see her getting a special thanks, even if she contributed nothing to the production of the movie.

It was her involvement with FiM that originally drew the first generation of adult fans to MLP G4 and subsequently what allowed the franchise to stay strong enough to warrant a movie be made of it.
>>
>>30425687
Ironically her unwillingness to meet Hasbro halfway robbed her of a future where Hasbro would have given her more freedom in the long run.
>>
>>30425720
Technically she did create one of the settings and the main characters of the movie. I guess that's why IMDB credits her as a "character writer" ?
>>
>>30424896
>cry herself to sleep
You mean, tears of joy, right?
>>
>>30425602
She has no backbone. She let Vogel, Haber and Miller to shit up the series while she herself let 3 other writers replace her original script with furries and shitty comic relief badgers.
>>
Hasbro basically gave her a list of things they wanted in the show for toy selling purposes and she was like no my creativity I can't be told what to do and quits and becomes bitter after the show is successful without her.
>>
>>30425761
The show was successful with her at the helm. She got to bask in that because she knew she was a big part of why people were watching.

I think it was trying to leverage that popularity with Hasbro that got her canned. She tried to play the "people are tuning into this show because of my work and you're going to constrain me" card and Hasbro wouldn't budge so she took her ball and left.

The show stayed popular in spite of her leaving.
>>
File: best pony.jpg (82KB, 610x610px) Image search: [Google]
best pony.jpg
82KB, 610x610px
>>30425602
>but it always made me cringe hardcore when people used to hate on her constantly
You would understand if you come from the perspective from only having seen the earlier seasons.
S2 and S3 felt different, and some people couldn't handle it. They missed it when Faust kept things consistent with her vision, had a gameplan for later possible seasons, and kept the original writers from leaving due to Hasbro's bullshit. Also, she didn't want pointless princesses, tepid spinoffs, or flanderization (in most cases, there's an argument for post S3 ponk being more than just a gag character).

It was truly a different era. And if you weren't there, "you wouldn't get it, man."
>>
File: 78988765.gif (769KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
78988765.gif
769KB, 320x180px
>>30425761
And what Meghan did?
They gave her the list of toys and she just follow them without any creativity or interesting drive on the story like Larson and AKR had. She doesn't care about any of the characters or plotplines being handled by Haber, IDW or Vogel or any Hasbro executive because she just care about that career and money as the big budget animation movie writer. Every one of them jsut use MLP as stepping stone to their careers, they don't care about lore or inconsistency. They look at charts and if they see that the movie need a celebirty singer cameo or shitty sidekick who "love pies" then they going to insert him. McCarthy represent the typical stance of a hasdrone. Same with Miller but Meghan doesn't even care about answering to fans.
>>
File: 1472047627123.jpg (58KB, 604x559px) Image search: [Google]
1472047627123.jpg
58KB, 604x559px
>>30425792
Basically this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lVa1M4nxp8&t=4220s

at 42:20

Larson was still a fan of the universe and characters even if Lauren left so he tried to stick to it. But the show is now made by hundred of people just like the movie does. No one have any bible and idea how the characters or story should be handled. Its all chaos just to keep the toylines going.
>>
>>30425773
>S2 and S3 felt different
I can agree with that. Season 1 feels seriously different compared to the rest of the show. I would say it's the only "pure" season which follows exactly the rule of "a child cartoon which is good enough for adults to watch." Season 2 onwards, the show targets the adult audience in a pretty obvious way.
That being said, while I do admit Season 1 is special in a sense, Season 2 is my favorite and Seasons 4 and 5 I enjoyed more than Season 1.
>>
Season 3 felt lackluster and shallow, if that's what you mean by "different".
>>
>>30425792
>all this shit
Now you're just being a shitty retarded nostalgiafag. Some of the best MLP episodes were written by Meghan. You are, meanwhile, just mindlessly rambling and spilling crap around without providing a single concrete point to support your position.
>>
>>30425773
>S2 and S3 felt different, and some people couldn't handle it.
Of course they did, it happens in every show. And those people who couldn't handle it are what I would refer to in my everyday vernacular as "pussies" or "snowflakes"

People who decided to stop being fans during season 3 are nothing more than spineless jellyfish, trend hoppers, etc. S3 was literally only half a season and some act like it was the biggest torture of their life to get through, I call and always have called bullshit on this. You watch a show, it's going to have ups and downs period....whether its an episode or a whole season, or a fucking HALF a season like S3 was, and honestly S3 had some great moments, it being awful is hugely exaggerated when really it was simply....kinda mediocre. Same as EQG by the way.

And I would still say S3 and fuck it, even EQG is better than the shows they compete with which as far as I'm concerned are mostly hot garbage.
>>
File: mom missing four legged.jpg (22KB, 1024x167px) Image search: [Google]
mom missing four legged.jpg
22KB, 1024x167px
>>30424896
You mean, 'when it will' right?
I'm quite certain that Hasbro is going to put her in there somewhere, maybe in the 'special thanks' or whatever.

I mean, we all (lol no, you're all way too fucking new to do that) remember what happened when they removed her name from the credits the first time.
>>
>>30425046
>she doesn't watch it
She totally does

>>30425602
Well..
I'm not going to say that she deserved everything she got, but
>believing her lies
>>
>>30425773
Dunno, I was there since ep 3 and I can't help but think besides opening, Faust episodes were garbage. What is the episode crediting her as a writer? Why, the 20 minute Twilight cringe over a ticket, instead of, you know, fucking ask Celestia for more (or explain to her friends how retarded the ideas they pitched were and handing the two tickets to Rarity and Fluttershy, the only two who actually had a case there).

Even in opening, we have this awesome villain who is completely squandered in incompetent way. Nightmare Moon can overpower multiple guards with ease, yet tries inept subterfuge against a bunch of kids for no reason. Hello? Why fucking tempt Rainbow Dash with something she never wanted? Just blast her when she separated from the rest like you did with the guards and be done with it! Oh, and then Nightmare Moon is turned into Luna and promptly forgotten for a whole year. Ace writing here.

I don't know, to me Faust is Lucas 2.0. Someone who had good initial idea, had team of people execute it in excellent way, stole all the credit, then proceeded to prove they were shit creator all along when all later projects bombed. Thankfully in this case team kept making MLP instead of being fired when they wanted to make third Star Wars trilogy in 80s.
>>
I was watching Bridle Gossip last night and it just felt so silly that everyone in Ponyville was hiding from Zecora, looking at where we are now.

It seemed like such an over the top way of expressing how everyone was suspicious of her, as though they couldn't be more subtle because "kids wouldn't understand it" otherwise.
>>
MLP RULES WITH OR WITHOUT MOM
>>
>>30424896
She more likely cries at the fact they still put her name in the intro even now.
>>
>>30424896
She obviously doesn't care anymore. Leave her out of these things.
>>
>>30425061
>>30425602

Meghan GTFO
>>
>>30426983
I believe it.
The life on an animator is filled with so many disappointments and regrets that you just grow numb and jaded
>>
>>30425602
Meghan is based.
>>
>>30425602
She can't write a two-parter to save her life without intentionally turning the mane 5 into obstacles for Twilight rather than making them her friends.

God riddence to that lying whore.
>>
>>30427275
"Princess Twilight Sparkle" was written by Meghan and had a lot of focus on other characters.
>>
>>30425061
>>30425602
>>30427131
>>30427268
Oh hell, no! She screwed Lauren Faust! She ruined the show!

>>30427347
That 2-part is the worsts season premiere episode ever and so is the finale! Also she made a reference of 9/11 and she's the next Adolf Hitler!
>>
>>30427347
That one was shit regardless, even if the reason for that isn't exactly her doing. Although we don't know for certain if that change was her idea not, because for some reason this fandom's twitter media users or con attendees are too stupid to ask "who came up with that?", even after nearly four and a half fucking years. It was also followed by an entire season whose purpose was to show the elements mess up their own and learn from it to get a keyt, while Twilight "coincidentally" makes no magic mistake.
>>
>>30426969
Yeah? It's still her claim to fame, just watch the "game changers" panel, she is clearly very proud of being the one behind FIM even still
>>
>>30427515
>That one was shit regardless
No, it was a great opener. Far from being outstanding as a pair of stand-alone episodes but probably the best one thematically as it had done the job of an opener in a perfect way by setting up the overarching plot for the whole following season.
Not to mention, people always bitch about openers and finales being focused on baddies (thus justifying the pathetic existence of TBNE as a so-called "good and comfy finale") - that one had no baddies at all.
>>
>>30427719
>Thinking it's professional to attack a project you left, even if forced out like what Hasbro did.
Career suicide that would be. Also she doesn't have any reason to not have ill will to the staff on top of that.
>>
You know what is really ironic in this thread? Faust take on Nightmare Moon - supposedly world ending villain that couldn't even talk a bunch of kids who just met into failing. A villain who is instantly jobbed into irrelevant side character after two second fight and forgotten for years.

And Celestia - for all the whining Chrysalis beat her twice, in the FiM opener Celestia is apparently beaten up and locked somewhere by her sister with no problems given all the zero seconds of screen time she had.

Season five take on Nightmare Moon - *really* scary villain who took over the world and actually has Rarity and Dash working for her. A villain who doesn't try pathetic elementary grade tricks but easily overpowers even Twilight and blasts even such dangerous things as timber wolves as an afterthought.

That's right, it took Starlight Glimmer episode to actually fix the FiM opening into something having real stakes and scary villains. How does it feel knowing Starlight arc had to clean up Faust mess and mediocre writing into something passable?
>>
>>30427890
>supposedly world ending villain that couldn't even talk a bunch of kids who just met into failing.
What does this even mean?
>>
>>30427919
exactly what it says
>>
>>30427919
It means, you moron, that when you're someone who can move fucking celestial bodies as a side job, your first mode of dealing with bunch of kids isn't 'give blue one vague promises on the thing she didn't wanted' or 'try to scare them away with crooked trees'. It's 'surrender or be blasted into ashes', unless you're writer who thinks all kids are two year old and can't handle anything darker.
>>
>>30428047
Okay, first of all you slav piece of shit, let me school you in English, a language you should know
>supposedly world ending villain that couldn't even talk a bunch of kids who just met into failing.
>talk a bunch of kids who just met

This means literally nothing, NOTHING in our non barbaric language, get civilized faggot caveman.
>>
>>30425773
You made a good post Anon, you should feel proud.

/)
>>
>>30424896
She looks high
>>
>>30425865
Want to know why I left, Anon? Because the show didn't make me feel anything anymore. It was hollow. Empty.

Standard.

As for why I came back, well... I missed the characters. There really is no such thing as leaving. The ride hasn't been easy, and it really, truly does not end. Ever.
>>
>>30428265
Maybe you should work on your reading comprehension.

Faggot.
>>
>>30428416
>Because the show didn't make me feel anything anymore. It was hollow. Empty
The show is full of fun and happiness. It's just you who's too full of a faggot so there was no space left for all of that.
>>
>>30428481
Learn English when you post on English speaking websites, scumbag. I don't need to bend over backwards to read your broken bullshit, you need to bend over backwards to make a sentence I can read.
>>
File: 1486849064108.png (146KB, 1024x614px) Image search: [Google]
1486849064108.png
146KB, 1024x614px
>>30425928
Why did the filename make me laugh so hard?
>>
>>30428483
Funny how that wasn't an issue at all in the previous two seasons, innit. It only took me ~6 episodes to realize that whatever kept me watching with a big, faggy grin on my face for the previous 48 was gone, and wasn't coming back.

But hey, whatever helps you sleep I guess.
>>
>>30428531
Wrong Anon. But, "talk [...] into failing" is perfectly valid. You're just an idiot.
>>
>>30428605
No. "talk a bunch of kids who just met into failing" is a nonsensical statement.

First of all, who the fuck are the kids in this scenario? Second of all, there is a word missing...I think that word would be "they"
>>
>>30428666
The mane 6. And there are no missing words.
>>
>>30428666
Satan pls stop talking about grammar
>>
File: 1498315713794.jpg (27KB, 500x343px) Image search: [Google]
1498315713794.jpg
27KB, 500x343px
>>30428666
>It's a 'nigger pulls the 'wtf this isn't english' card when he reads a post with a missing pronoun because he doesn't feel like/can't into arguing' episode
>>
>>30425941
>pretending to be an oldfag
You're just a fucking retard, you know that? Faust and Renzetti did about 50% of the writing for every episode because of ineptitude and a segmented staff. Without Faust, the show would have gone nowhere
>>
>>30427805
Twilicorn's in it, so it's shit. Trying to say otherwise is a lie.
>>
>>30425521
>Whats the lesson to be learn from this?
When you're a creator, suck it up and deal with the people who have money telling you what to do, then if you make them a fuckton of money, they'll stop telling you what to do and you can actually do what you want.
>>
>>30424896
I think she cries herself to sleep on top of the enormous pile of money she got for the project.

...more seriously, I don't claim to know her, but I think that she's done a lot better than a lot of artists. A lot of people actually know who she is, and know about what she created. Most artists die in obscurity. Call me nuts but I don't expect she'd be depressed about her fame and fortune. But what do I know? I'm just some geek from the Internet and my opinion is worth what you paid for it.
>>
>>30431712
>they'll stop telling you what to do and you can actually do what you want.
See: >>30425817

The limits of what they're allowed to show may have broadened, but there is more interference than ever. The former has probably something to do with the "target demographic" block of 2010 having outgrown said demographic.
>>
>>30431844
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9sS5T5963I

45:20
>>
>>30428047
A lot of kids couldn't. FiM (as in the episode) received plenty of complaints from parents because their kids got scared when Nightmare Moon appeared (and some other scenes). Yeah, that's a sad state of affairs for today's youth, but it's a thing.

The show's better now than it was during the first 2 seasons, and I don't really care about the reasons for it.

As for Faust, there were more reasons than just Hasbro for her to leave. Sadly one of those reasons died far too early.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.