[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New (Movie) Characters, will they be good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

am i the only one here that thinks that all these new characters (mostly the new Creatures, like the "sea-ponies") are only for selling toys?

i seriously don't want this movie to have personality-less characters, would be awful, and would divide the fandom more than it already is.

>also, is the Movie Canon at least? or is yet to be confirmed?
>>
>>30422993
>"I seriously don't want this movie to have personality-less characters"

The movie already have TOO MUCH character , so this is going to happen
>>
>>30423021
well, at least i hope there isn't that much of them.
>>
>>30422993
Wow! Look at all that diversity!

I wonder who could possibly be behind that?
>>
I was prepped to hate all of them except the seaponies, but the tiny bits we've seen and the passing of time have left me a little more optimistic. I'll need to hear some lines from the characters first. I'm still holding out hope that most of them are just supporting cast for different vignettes with the mane 6.
>>
>>30422993
>all these new characters [...] are only for selling toys?
Brony Anon, this WHOLE DAMN SERIES (movie included) is only for selling toys.
Are you this retarded to not found it yet?
>>
>>30424244
There's a difference though. You can tell when it's very toyetic because you have episodess like Twilight's Kingdom part two, A Canterlot Wedding, etc.
>>
>>30422993
>i seriously don't want this movie to have personality-less characters
hah, too late. we've got edge horse, celebrity cameo horse, comedy relief thing, evil storm guy/tirek v.2, nigger cat, pirate thing, and magical, kind sea ponies. all of them will have a grand total of 5 minutes of characterization.
>>
>>30422993
I don't think you need to worry. None of the characters seem bland or personality-less, at least none of the important ones. Looking at past characters in the show, like Sombra, Tirek and Chrysalis, I think it's safe to say Team Evil aren't primary toy inserts. Singer pony might be, though. Knowing the team behind the movie, seaponies were probably their idea, and Hasbro LOVED it. No idea about the bird and cat though. Rumor has it they're meant to be more traditional "action figures", and would therefore be toy inserts. In short, it's going to be a combination of both.
>>
File: Literally Who; The Movie.png (1MB, 1912x797px) Image search: [Google]
Literally Who; The Movie.png
1MB, 1912x797px
>thread
>>
>>30424720
Literally shut-in neckbear.
How can you not know who Sia is?
>>
File: Why.gif (2MB, 448x252px) Image search: [Google]
Why.gif
2MB, 448x252px
>>30424726
>browsing /mlp/ as anything other than a shut in neckbeard
I have no clue who she is. She looks like one of those fruity pop singer faggots just by the looks of a google search.
>>
File: 1498702444950 (1).png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1498702444950 (1).png
1MB, 1024x768px
>>30423021
>>30422993
Pretty much every tv series character beside mane6 will only appear in the intro before the invasion, same with Songbird Serenade as he's basically the Shakira character from Zootopia.

Majority of the movie will be outside equestria and about Mane6 visiting Sea ponies, airship pirates and meeting Capper. In the meantime defeating Tempest and have her join in. Then forming alliance together with Tempest, parrots nad sea ponies and deafeat Storm King.

Entire movie basically pointless as Discord would have done that in 5 minutes.
>>
File: 1435167191850.png (2MB, 1201x884px) Image search: [Google]
1435167191850.png
2MB, 1201x884px
>>30422993
Worst characters ranking - from worst to decent

1. Grubber - shitty annoying 90's cliche about always having a moronic sidekick who also supposed to work as comic relief. Basically Pain and Panic from Hercules but less funny because he has no abbot&costello chemistry with Tempest as she is too edgy for jokes.
Person who inserted him into the script should have been fired and blacklisted in future movie industries.

2. Songbird serenade - the token "celebrity self insertion" that Disney did with Zootopia and Gazelle/Shakira. I get that celbrities may exist in Equestria but we already had Saphire Shore to fill in the blank and even then, we had Coloratura to fill the "real life insertion celebrity" trope already. It really feel so forced into the movie and you can bet she is there only for a song and to have her name on the MLP posters for normies. Fucking disgusting.

3. Capper - Fucking obvious add on from Vogel who was jerking off to Zootopia for half a year. And even has the smug behavior of Nick Wilde. At least hes going to play some relevant role but still, he should have been replaced with some minotaur or gryphon or diamond dog or anything that fit the MLP theme. Not just an anthro house cat.

The rest of the characters are passable i guess. Having Sea Pony and Pirate be ruled by female characters really look like a shitty attempt at "girl powah" writing but i really stopped caring for that when the show itself do that every season. Storm King might be the only salvagable character from this movie if he turn out to be less generic and more clever than Tirek.
>>
>>30424726
I haven't heard about her either. It look like one of those stars that you only hear on radio or tv cable music channels. Not really popular enough to reach every corner of the internet.

She's also a literal who in most European countries.
>>
File: 1446910463619.jpg (5KB, 190x153px) Image search: [Google]
1446910463619.jpg
5KB, 190x153px
>>30424778
Also i forgot 4th place Shadow Tempest - fucking most sterotypical character i seen. Is like McCarthy just discovered Deviant Art and thought that she the only one who thought about writing an edgy OC. Nothin at all in her is original or interesting. She will obviously play tsundere for 60% of the movie and then just join after we learn how she lost her horn. Just piss off and let other characters do something.
>>
>>30424797
Not a single character in the show has any originality in them.
>>
>>30424797
I see this meme parroted a lot. Who exactly is Tempest supposed to be a caricature of?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.