[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think I'm going to like this villain.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

I think I'm going to like this villain.
>>
I'd like it if he is accually defeated in the end, but he's definitely gonna end up being reformed and it'll be cliche as fuck.
>>
villain or not
all characters contribute with their own comedy...
that will define the movie more than saying:"Woah.I'm the bad one,surrender now or I'll kill you!"or "We are the heroes and we are the only force to save this menace"
>>
>>30417857
He'll be defeated by some unexplained deus ex machina bullshit as they always do!
>>
You're late kid.
I like Tempest since her first reveal.
>>
>>30417924
Bollocks. He'll voluntarily change his opinion through witnessing the real magic that friendship can bring.
>>
He's not the villain, dumbasses.
It's like this is the first movie you've ever seen, holy shit
>>
>>30417968
I haven't been following movie news and plot. Is he like a secondary villain to the broken unicorn or what?
>>
>>30417857
Its a 3 piece play. They introduce Tempest as the villain, then Storm King behind her, and then Strife as the main villain to overthrow Storm King.
>>
>>30417999
No, donut steel isn't the real villain either.
They're either the henchmen that don't have a choice, or trying to get stronger themselves to defeat the real threat.

>>30418001
this
>>
>>30418004
>>30418001
Nah, I'm willing to bet Strife is comic exclusive and will be used as a means of writing Discord out of the movie by keeping him busy in the prequel comics. I almost want to put my money on Grubber being more intelligent than he lets on and betraying the Storm King, just like Strife, in order to achieve his own goals. Someone described it as the "Jar Jar Binks is really a sith lord" of mlp.
>>
>>30418034
Maybe.
We don't know shit so it's all assumptions, but I'm 90% that Storm king won't be the villain.
Nor will donut steel be.
The scene where he hugs twiggy is weird as fuck, she's doesn't even look that pissed or fearful, she's just there being hugged by the 'bad guy'
>>
>>30418001
>>30418004
I just hope one of these villains are actually defeated. If all of them reform it's gonna be shit.
>>
File: 1498318982447.png (409KB, 660x600px) Image search: [Google]
1498318982447.png
409KB, 660x600px
>>30418055
>defeated
are you new around here?

The whole point of the show is to show that you can work with different people and spread the magic of friendship, Anon.
This isn't an anime.
>>
>>30418054
I'm pretty certain the Storm King will at least start out as the villain, even if he's just a red herring. If you watch his voice actor's interview on Conan, then he heavily implies that he's cast as a big bad who wants to conquer all of the ponies. But I do think that they will both eventually side with Twilight to fight the real Big Bad.
>>
>>30418066
Sombra and Tierk? Discord the first time?
>>
>>30417857
Is Tempest the antagonist?
>>
>>30418091
She certainly starts out as one according to the trailer.
>>
Tempest is edgy and misunderstood. And probably didn't live amongst ponies, which is why she is edgy.

Storm King wants to be king, so he stands alone above others and refuses to make friends. He is redeemed by refusing Griffith's path.

Strife on the other hand is ready to sarcifice everyone.
>>
I love how's it's storm king making the "yup, you're seriously watching a saccharine charged movie about candy colored ponies and friendship" joke.

The self referenciality of it all, it's so FiM and I love it, parents probably got a kick.
>>
>>30417857
>he's hugging two ponies at the same time
Okay now I'm jealous.
>>
>>30417857
I hope he has some less comedic moments to balance things out, but some joking around would be fine. He could be the middle ground between Tempest going full edge and Grubber existing only as comic relief.
>>
>>30417864
This
He's pretty much asking himself to be reformed like Discord.
>>
File: 235235.png (227KB, 383x506px) Image search: [Google]
235235.png
227KB, 383x506px
>>30418001
>>30418004
>>30417968
>headcanons
>thinking McCarthy is this creative
>>
>>30418274
He could probably score with Tempest if he wasn't a faggot.
>>
>>30418404
>predictions are headcanons
We're on the big screen now, boyo. Gotta update your vocabulary.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.