[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the TRUE big bad of the movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: Untitled222.png (1MB, 1406x650px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled222.png
1MB, 1406x650px
He's built up pretty big in the Prequel comic and shows himself to be far more cunning than stormking, but he's nowhere in the trailer or promo material.

Is this something IDW came up with themselves, or is he going to be a character that ends up Usurping Storm king near the end?
>>
>>30415907
if you have seen The Storm King hugging Twilight and Tempest at the same time,then it means that the whole army is for something else
>>
>>30415925
Storm king hugging them looked like he was mocking the two of them more than anything.
>>
>>30415907
>supposed big bad turns out to not be the big bad
>has to grudgingly help the heroes fight the real one
Literally my favorite trope
>>
>>30415992
This.
I am not even sure tempest was reformed in that scene (yet) although she probably was storm king most likely was not.
>>
>>30416020
I can't let myself hope for this. To have that not be revealed in the trailer would require a level of competency we have no reason to believe exists.
>>
>>30416020
It would actually make sense.

Storm king is shown to be kind of goofy and kind of like discord, interested in having a good time more than Mindless evil-- He doesn't kill any of the cats in his invasion, and while he DOES rob them blind he leaves them alone after that and is quite upfront about just wanting their money, not to hurt them or destroy them.

Strife is set up in the comic to be disgusted by Storm king's lack of malice and jovial personality, which would work very well to make audience members be willing to accept Storm king's heel face turn.
>>
>>30416062
Really good point.
>>
>>30415907

I will completely forgive the shit trailer if this turns out to be the real big bad of the movie and the Storm King isn't really that bad, just not into pony "friendship". The trailer heavily points to it.
>>
Where does Tempest fit into all this? She seems like a Dragon with an Agenda. Storm King cares about money and treasure, but Tempest is specifically hunting Twilight.
>>
>>30416152
>>30416053
I truly hope its true, as it would show some real care on their parts.
unfortunately, I can see how they could go without giving VA credit to whoever would be voicing Strife.
>>
>>30416213

That is definitely curious that they wouldn't show ANYTHING about Strife's VA, unless Strife doesn't speak? If that's not the case then the comic's story won't be as related to the movie's which doesn't make sense either if it's supposed to be a tie-in.
>>
>>30416242
Could be one of the VA's is doing double duty and voicing strife and another character, so hasbro doesn't feel the need to credit them for advertising purposes? (like Liev Schreiber could be voicing both the storm king and strife like how Ashleigh ball does AJ and RD)

Alternatively, hasbro's just more focused on making it a plot twist than advertising with a VA?
>>
>>30416269
>>30416242
>>30416213
>>30416152
I doubt Strife will even be in the movie.
>>
>>30416213
>>30416242
It's not like they're legally obligated to release the acting information beforehand. There's going to be a ton of voice actors for secondary, unnamed, and background characters and none of them are credited anywhere right now.

>>30416269
If Strife is in the movie I guarantee you that they are not being voiced by anyone worth billing.
>>
>>30415907
I expect Strife is going to be used in the comics to give Discord/Starlight/princesses a reason for not being key to stopping the Storm King in the movie. Maybe the comics will require them to try stop Strife while the Mane 6 attempt to stop the king.
>>
>>30415907
"friends can betray you"
Hmm, that's loyalty down, I wonder if they'll touch on the EOH in the other comics?
>>
I think it'll get resolved within comics. Tempest helps defeat Strife and joins Storm King.
>>
>>30415925
Now I'm jealous.
>>
>>30415992
>>30415925
Twilight keeps talking about how she needs to go alone against Tempest. Twilight is missing from the pirate shots. Instead, Pinkie Pie is taking the leading role? Pirates launch a surprise attack within cake. Twilight talks to Tempest about "friendship" as they watch. Storm King comes dancing from the background and interrupts them.
>>
>>30418246
I honestly can't see pinkie as the leader. She's by far the least fit of the other 5 to be the leader.
AJ? Sure, she's always seemed to be the second in command.
Dash? Yeah, that'll work too.
Rarity.... eh, better than pinkie.
Fluttershy? Okay, she actually IS less cut out than pinkie for the job.

Pinkie just isn't really good leader material.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.