[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw the trailer has good jokes, a passable plot and alright

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 12

File: 1498271866262.gif (18KB, 226x252px) Image search: [Google]
1498271866262.gif
18KB, 226x252px
>mfw the trailer has good jokes, a passable plot and alright music but the animation looks like hot garbage
Come on, Hasbro. If this movie tanks, it'll be because people see the animation and stay the fuck away.
>>
>>30415865
Did we see the same trailer? The animation is excellent. Especially during the scene where Pinkie is falling through the sky.

You're confusing "different" with "bad".
>>
>>30415865
The only hot garbage part of the animation is the 3d model for the airship, and I'm all but certain that is because it's an unfinished scene.
>>
>>30415865
I noticed it too. There are some very clunky parts, like when RD is a seapony and she gets excited, she looks stiff.
>>
>>30415865
Nah, the only bad part about it is the 3d shit.

Shit looks like a bad anime scene

>>30415873
This
>>
>>30415865
I'm not too fond of it either, but I wouldn't call it garbage. That being said, I dislike the premise of the movie but at least the gags are passable
>>
>>30415905
I don't really get what there is to dislike about the premise. It's basically like any other extended villain of the week two parter, because a SoL movie would be too hard. That does mean it's going to be different from the majority of the show, but not all of it.
>>
>>30415865
The fuck are you talking about? Animation is best we've ever had
>>
>>30415913
Exactly, it's just like any other villain premise, nothing fresh, not even for the first and probably only pony movie of G4. Maybe it's still too early to judge, but I'm not holding my breath
>>
I just can't wrap my head around the backgrounds, everything looks slightly 3d and out of focus, which is so astronomically different from the shows sharp clear and colorful ones.
>>
>>30415865
the movements of the characters are awesome imo
But that cgi is horrid
>>
The timing in certain parts was too slow, I think it's It's the 2d rigs plus the high frame rate that makes certain movement's seem over animated.
>>
>>30415865
There weren't even that many jokes in the trailer were there?
Don't particularly like that little minion
>>
Fun Fact: Kristen Chenoweth, voice actress in this movie, is a cousin of mine. We also share the same last name. So I know it will be a great movie!
>>
>>30416103
I liked the one from the Storm King, I haven't watched the show in like a year but I doubt they've introduced a villain that just doesn't give a shit about the pony niceties. That's fun to see, since after almost seven years of that stuff it gets a bit grating.

>>30416126
Shills have booted up.
>>
>>30416171
Discord used to be that guy, kind of.
>>
>>30415865
The jokes were terrible.
>>
>>30415913
Yeah you can easily make another plot that is better than this.
>>
It's a movie trailer. Most are either designed to appeal to lowest common denominator (so, it looks bad) or made to look better than it actually is.
>>
> Movie took 3 years to make
> Animation looks like Playstation3 intro sequences

The fuck? We waited 3 years and this shit is what we get?
After three fucking years they have the nerve to present us with this mediocre thing and they still have the gall to feel proud of it?

From this point on, I'm going to assume that any person saying anything positive about this movie, under any context and using any excuse to downplay the criticism is a shill and no force on this universe will make me change my mind.

Fuck this shit.

Fuck this shit to hell and back.

Three years. I fucking wasted three years of my life hoping that just for once they wouldn't fuck up things as always.

Well, at least I finally can give up and drop this dead franchise for good, as there's absolutely no hope left and so there's no sense to stay around anymore.

Good bye, fags. You guys were literally the best shit that happened to me on the last years and this was the only place that made my fucking depression barely tolerable after the cartoon and the staff fucking ruined something that used to make me so happy and full of hope.

See you on the other side, I'm done with living anymore.
>>
>>30416182
Yeah, but it was always more of just a mask for him. It's pretty clear after he establishes his relationship with Fluttershy that he actually really does like all the friendship stuff, and just hides it because of his own insecurity.
Storm King just seems to not be into it /at all/, and I think that's a really new thing for them to add into the story.
>>
File: 1497580398654.png (502KB, 949x966px) Image search: [Google]
1497580398654.png
502KB, 949x966px
>>30415873
This.
You contradictarian /v/irgins need to gtfo.
Or just not enjoy the movie, for all I care.
I know I will :^)
>>
>>30416249

>PS3

No man, that airship was straight up PS1 tier, it looks like something out of Spyro the Dragon. Also the animation for the ponies is so strange, it just looks so awkward and stiff. Also notice how the ponies don't ACT LIKE PONIES, all the little movements from the show (hoove-tapping, dynamic ear movement, tail movement) are not found in the trailer. However, the furry characters/anthros look really good. I feel like the animators have very little experience with ponies (meaning most of the show animators aren't working on this).
>>
File: 1446910463619.jpg (5KB, 190x153px) Image search: [Google]
1446910463619.jpg
5KB, 190x153px
>>30415913
Its just a really generic story with generic villains and i can already tell that every of them wil be redeemed and which of them will betray Storm King.

MLP Movie should be about MLP lore. Story about the past of Starswirl and looking for him while defeating monsters. Or story about alicorn city. The original script with evil Alicorn and female draconequus was interesting.

But Ballarini and Vogel had to turn this into fucking Ice Age 3.
>>
>>30415865
Im glad im not the only one.

Jesus the animation is bad. some of it was fine, but some parts were just terrible. I hope they were pushed for time and had to put in incomplete shit in the trailer or something, other wise its going to be bad.
>>
>>30416284
Lore too tied into the series would be bad for a film designed for newcomers.

I agree with your other complaints though.
>>
>>30416284

>that Sony leak about the Alicorn city

To be honest I'm kind of disappointed we didn't get that. It either would have messed up the series or made it a lot better.

This movie seems to take the "safe" route with the story where you can either watch it or not and it won't affect anything with the show itself. The plot is really bland/boring unless they are hiding something from the trailer.
>>
It looks like WoW to me.

Im willing to give the style a chance, but im not liking it so far. It looks like they tried and forced everything to look 3D, which just makes everything look like low quality 3d instead of high quality 2d, which is weird since one of the qualities that made FIM so popular was the art style.
>>
>>30416314
My friend pulled a better MLP movie premise out of her ass.
>>
>>30416314
maybe that's what the finale is about?
We know the villain is some alicorn OC looking fuck.
>>
>>30416337
Well, its made in harmony, where you can put 3D shading on the 2D symbols, so it actually IS low quality 3D and not 2D.

The good thing is that it can be tweaked with a handful of changes to effect all the characters in the movie, so its still entirely possible for them to change it and improve the look.
>>
>>30415865
Why the fuck do people keep trying to make this pseudo-2D cgi style work, it doesn't work and never will work, it just looks too bizarre.

Either go full 2D or full CGI
>>
>>30416376
because its cheaper and easier.
>prop is easier to make in 2d, use 2d
>prop is easier to make in 3d, use 3d

when we first saw this with the big timer wolf, they even specifically said they did it because animating 200 2d objects is too hard so they used 3d for it, never once mentioning that it was to improve the actually looks.
>>
>>30416255
So... More like Tirek?
>>
>>30416424
No, IIRC Tirek saw all the lovey-dovey stuff as an obstacle/annoyance. He was right to, because it was that for him, but it's a very different relationship than just sheer indifference.
>>
>>30415865
The jokes were pretty bad to be honest. Animation was better.
>>
>>30416314
Evil alicorns and more Draconequus would really add something new to the lore and they would also create challenge to Mane6 with overpowered allies like Discord or Starlight.

I just can't imagine how this monkey with a stick is going to conquer Equestria and defeat Discord excpet some bullshit deus ex machina that "blocks all magic". This is some creativity of a 6 year old.
>>
>>30416578
I like that plot more than what we got. It was more involved than the plot we have now.
>>
Parts of it, like the cake landing on Twi, reminded me of old Disney animation.
>>
File: wave.gif (556KB, 522x403px) Image search: [Google]
wave.gif
556KB, 522x403px
>>30416249
Bye then
>>
>>30416578
is Discord even in the movie?
>>
>>30415873
Ever since the shitshow that was Berserk 2016/2017 I always get nervous when they make shows 3D exclusive. I doubt it'll be that bad but it's hard to shake.
>>
>>30416652
De lancie said that he didn't get a role but he said something similar for Season 7. And he also can get a visual cameo.
>>
>>30416249
Starship animation look like Final Fantasy 7 tier
>>
>>30415873
It's sort of off and on. The ponies themselves look great, but the scenery elements, especially that zeppelin, look like they came straight out of Team Fortress 2.
>>
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
It was so worth the wait!
That animation is so smooth and I love the character designs!
It's gonna take some getting used to.
It doesn't even feel real after waiting for so long!
There's a lot going on in the trailer and I think I'll have to watch it multiple times. The horror. </sarcasm>
>>
>>30415865
The animation was good, the story and jokes were hot garbage
>>
>>30416877
This. When I saw the thumbnail, I first thought it was something fanmade and not the actual video. The animation in the trailer looks partially really good and partially just bad - I especially noticed it with the lip synch.
>>
>>30416802
He said they didn't even want him in the movie, while for S7, he said he wasn't sure.
>>
>>30416342
Yes but was it more marketable and as low-risk as the presumed plot of MLP movie?

Making big movies is a business you know.
>>
>>30417985
Not low risk, but far far more marketable due its premise.
>>
>>30417985
>>30418015
When Twilight's Castle is sent to another by a dimension hopping frog prince, her only chance to get it back is to help rescue his twin brother from a crazed mad scientist looking for a new world to rule. Twilight and her friends are join the frog on a crazy journey through time and space!

Every dimension could have a different artstyle and the mane cast could transform to fit the different dimensions.
>>
>>30418065
aaaand it's shit

Good job, OP, your idea is fucking shit.
>>
>>30418067
How is it shit?
>>
>>30418065
It sounds stupid as hell.
And I fucking love it. 10/10
>>
File: 1498540895567.png (20KB, 395x124px) Image search: [Google]
1498540895567.png
20KB, 395x124px
>>30418078
Because I fucking said so, kys
>>
>>30418065
>>30418067
to be fair a lot of good stories sound really stupid when you summarize them
>>
>>30415865
>June 6 is a holiday in Australia.
>Delayed until November 2
>November 2 isn't even a holiday
Well, looks like Australians are going to pirate it.
>>
>>30418085
Have a nice day!
>>
>>30415865
What bothers me the most about it is the lip syncing and facial expressions. The models are pretty good, most of the backgrounds are fine, the shading is meh, but just how they move their faces rubs me off the wrong way somehow. They're not nearly as expressive as the flash models are, despite being more cartoonish in nature, and their movements seem to be lagging.

Also
>Princesses are nowhere to be seen, even though the entire story seems to start in Canterlot
>>
>>30418112
The princesses are in the throne room scene
>>
>>30418065
Oh god, that frog becomes a pony prince for Twilight by the end right?
>>
>>30418112
lip syncing in animated trailer s is almost always off bc matching up pest shot + best line becomes difficult without just re-animating or re-dubbing. or both for an original trailer.
>>
File: 20161022_233332000_iOS.png (233KB, 791x1009px) Image search: [Google]
20161022_233332000_iOS.png
233KB, 791x1009px
>the animation looks like hot garbage
>>
>>30418260
Nah
>>
>>30415865
this!

where the heck is my disney-tier art/animation I was promised?!
>>
>>30415865
What is this? I thought almost the exact opposite. The animation is fantastic but i think a lot of the jokes aren't really that funny if not grating. (With the exception of the "death" of Brian.)
>>
>>30418373
"Nah" what? I'm saying OP is a faggot, that was just a reaction image.
>>
>>30419404
Ahh okay, yeah I agree.
>>
>>30415865
>Hot garbage
Im-fucking-plying
It looks like a fucking Don Bluth film
>>
Trailers never look like the final product
>>
>>30420248
Usually the best scenes of the movie are included in trailers
>>
The character animations I can get used to. They don't look good, definitely, but they're not terrible. They could definitely do better with the lip syncing and shading. Now as for the airship and scenery/backgrounds, those...those I already fucking despise. I really hope they improve on that, if the movie isn't finished and they only released the trailer to tide people over for now. If it is the finished product, they should be ashamed, honestly.
>>
The only thing that bothered me was how similar to the emoji trailer it was
>>
>>30415865
Disney bought Hasbro for a reason.
They are in charge of animation now.
>>
Have we even seen the same trailer?

The animation is atrocious by any standard.

This garbage wouldn't even have been acceptable 10 years ago.
>>
>>30420867
It looks as good as Children of the Night barring the backgrounds.
>>
>>30420867
I'm wondering if we did see the same trailer, a lot of the shots were fucking beautiful and the animation is good just for future reference
difference =/= bad
>>
Why can't you guys just be grateful you're getting a movie at all
>>
>>30420300
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi94JM3zkxk
>>
>>30420907
I am more baffled about it from a marketing decision. It seems like it will be a minor success since that seems like that it is all that it is built up to be.
>>
File: hype.gif (878KB, 400x311px) Image search: [Google]
hype.gif
878KB, 400x311px
>>30415873
it's sort of off and on, there are some absolutely beautiful parts, then there are ones that look like it came straight from a fan animation, but I have faith that the small details which do stand out a bit will be solved by the time of the premiere
HYPE
>>
File: a9a.jpg (54KB, 245x238px) Image search: [Google]
a9a.jpg
54KB, 245x238px
>>30415865
And EQG doesn't look like garbage?
>>
>>30415865

What are you, 5? Everything about that trailer was cringe.
>>
>>30415873
fpbp
>>
>>30416376
>>30416403
>>30415865
Where were you when Equestria Girls has full 2d animation and the actual horse movie doesn't?

>>30418112
I don't like the shapes of their heads, in the show the heads are much larger and the placement of the eyes looks much more natural and beter.
Background ponies and glimmy look fine in that shot actually, but for all the scenes of the mane 6 their heads look way too small.
It's jarring hearing the voices on them, they don't look like the characters they're suppose to represent.

All the facial expressions are ass too, I can't stand Pinkie's scream -> smile as she falls
>>
>>30424437
the Equestria Girls had like 5x the budged of this one.
>>
>>30415873
God I hope this is b8
>>
>>30424493
It was just regular show style so I can't imagine the budget that huge.
I'm just pointing out that our big budget horse movie, instead of getting beautiful 2D and perfecting show style, was weird 3d shading and models trying to emulate 2D.
3D backgrounds too.

Equestria Girls was the only pure 2d film for ponies, and for theaters.
Let that sink in.
>>
>>30415865
You got it backwards you faggo. The animation looks good but all the "funny" moments are ass.
>>
>>30416314
>This movie seems to take the "safe" route with the story where you can either watch it or not and it won't affect anything with the show itself.
That's how this sort of thing should be done. If you're a kid who can't convince your parents to take you to this, you shouldn't be left behind on important developments in the show. I agree the plot looks depressingly generic though.
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.