[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the worst episode of S7 so far?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: 1495348960270.png (390KB, 783x756px) Image search: [Google]
1495348960270.png
390KB, 783x756px
What was the worst episode of S7 so far?
>>
>>30415660

Honest apple.
>>
>>30415660

The one where Applejack destroyed the hopes and dreams of upcoming young artists and brought shame to her parents' memories by raging at another fruit.
>>
>>30415677
>>30415679
This. The whole premise of the episode was ridiculous to begin with. Rarity was OOC in asking Applejack of all ponies to act as a judge no matter how the writers tried to justify it and Applejack was characterized as unreasonably pig headed and insensitive.
>>
File: 1468967.png (358KB, 2010x1605px) Image search: [Google]
1468967.png
358KB, 2010x1605px
>>30415677
This, but only because no glim
>>
>>30415724

I agree, Rarity was acting incredible thick and out of character choosing AJ to judge a fashion show. Rarity have always been very sensitive to others, and this is also why she is sacrificing of her own needs over others, AJ should of never qualified due to her clear disinterest in anything fashion related beyond utilitarian clothing and disinclination to dress her words.

AJ's honesty was stomped on so hard they ignored her caring nature for others. Even if she has hurt others by negligent words, it never have been done in the aggressive manner — or with this short temper.

At times I wonder of the writers cares about the characters in the show, as if they care barely enough to identify defining traits and then inflates them to erase them as complex characters. All this is done to ferry the core sentiment of a badly written episode, on the expense of the characters used. This is how they've ruined Pinkie Pie and made Rainbow Dash into the top cunt of the group.
>>
Eh.
I liked honest appul, but I guess mainly because of vampirwaifu and the jokes were okay, other than rarara abusing Spike, AGAIN.

It was way more entertaining than fucking fluttershy leans in, which, to be honest, might be the WORST fluttershy episode to date.
And that's a fucking achievement.
>>
>>30415660
Forever Filly was pretty bad IMHO. The premise of the episode was too weird, I felt it like someone pasted different scenes with cheap glue and then tried to insert a random moral lesson.
>>
>>30416468
>episode showing off Fluttershys progression so far
>Worst fluttershy ep to date

Wat?
>>
>>30415660
>Fluttershy Leans In
>Forever Filly
>Honest Apple

Choose yourself.
>>
>>30416510
>progression
>the shy mare has been the most assertive of the lot for nearly three seasons now
yeah nah
>>
>>30416510
It's because Fluttershy came across as really unreasonable during the episode. She treated the ponies she'd hired as though they went out of their way to ruin her vision when she was incredibly vague in explaining what she wanted them to do. Even worse she then managed to easily build the sanctuary with her friends in the end anyway so why even fucking hire the ponies she did to build it for her in the first place?
>>
Fluttershy Leans In is not only the worst episode this season, but arguably the most boring in the series.
>>
>>30415660
A Royal Problem was the worst episode of S7 for me, and probably the only episode written by the Lady Writers which I didn't like at all. I can't understand why they destroyed the only reminder of the Elements for no fucking reason. I can't understand why they made it a map episode, when there wasn't any friendship lesson. I can't understand why they decided that for the map Starlight's fuckups should be something valuable instead of something that should be fixed. And I don't even mind the fact that Starlight can do magic we've never seen before, it's the fact that they decided to twist all that other lore what really bothers me. That episode was a "fuck you" to the legacy of the show, I really don't know why they would do something like that when the exact same episode could have worked removing all those parts.
>>
>>30415660
People are going to be pissed at me, but The maud ep.

I just didnt like it at all.
>>
>>30416592
I could agree with you, but the truth is the only part I didn't like about it was Pinkie's interactions.
>>
>>30415660
Honest Apple kinda feels like cheating honestly because all AJ episodes are guaranteed to be shit. Remember the episode that was basically just 15 minutes of AJ fixings some plumbing and about 5 minutes of her being a complete fucking retard?

Then again, absolutely every single fucking Fluttershy episode is just "Fluttershy learns to stop being so shy" so Fluttershy Leans In isn't much better, but holy fuck it was boring. Like it didn't even feel like a whole episode, it felt like a five minute long part of an episode that they stretched out into 22 minutes.
>>
>>30416592
I'd pick it if there wasn't FS' episode desu.

It was really bad.
Maud is boring as hell and Ponka was just fucking OBNOXIOUS in that one.
She actually made me mute the video when she started screaming in that train, and I never did that in the show, ever
>>
>>30416607

Meh, the episode AJ is playing plumber is bearable to watch. It's a stupid and boring episode and wasted effort to develop her character.
>>
>>30415660
None of them.
>>
>>30416566

>why they decided that for the map Starlight's fuckups should be something valuable

It's because Starlight has cutie mark magic and she's the only character other than Discord who would have had the balls to go through with it and teach the sisters what they needed what they needed to learn.
>>
>>30415677
Came here to say this.

It's bad enough that both Rarity and Applejack turn brain-dead so the plot can happen, but it's even worse when the moral amounts to "having an opinion on something without the permission of its creator is wrong".
>>
>>30416919
>complaint about thing being considered good by the show for no reason
>reply saying "thing is good because the show says that thing is good"
Well, I can't argue with that.
>>
Fluttershy Leans In is pretty damn dull and unmemorable. In fact, I probably would put it in the top 10 worst episodes ever. When the only thing fans care about is a fucking giraffe that has no dialogue you know you got a shitty episode.

And this is coming from somebody who typically loves Fluttershy episodes.
>>
>>30415677
</thread>
>>
>>30415660

A toss-up between Honest Apple and Fluttershy Leans In.
>>
>>30416932

I missed that detail, to be honest. That's also a warped kind of moral to pass off to kids: you're not allowed to have opinions of other's work since you didn't do it.

A safe thing to say about how they treat the characters, is that they simply don't care whether they bastardize them or make them into obnoxious gits as plot devices or motivators of narrative progression.
>>
>>30418117
Well, more specifically, the episode pretty much states that speaking a negative opinion without permission is bad because it hurts the creator's feelings. Unfortunately, it makes no distinction between constructive criticism and just being insulting, and it doesn't even approach the actual problem with Applejack's behavior- that she was missing the point of the outfits and damaging the ones she didn't approve of.

There does exist such a thing as bad criticism, but this episode is useless in determining what it is.
>>
Fluttershy Leans In.

It's not a bad episode, just uneventful. 6/10.
>>
File: IMG_2639.jpg (391KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2639.jpg
391KB, 1920x1080px
>>30415660
Anything with glimmer, especially A Royal Problem
>>
>>30418284

A very fair point. AJs behaviour actually did suckerpunch me a bit, from previous episodes what I've learnt about AJ and her honesty is that she isn't initially aggressive in delivering her opinions, and this trait is more instinctive than a forethought. At most, when the article to have a stance on is close to her heart, she may get defensive — only when it's about friends and family she may turn an aggressive face. But to damage someone's property just because she has an opinion about breaks with the established characterization of her without grounding it and following it up properly.

Terrible writers ruins much.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.