[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: garbage that held the franchise back

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

>>
this thread
>>
>>30411561
The fandom's refusal to accept the changes found within the show.
>>
File: 1488261299866.jpg (51KB, 534x627px) Image search: [Google]
1488261299866.jpg
51KB, 534x627px
>>30411561
Finally, a thread I agree with
>>
File: punchable.png (188KB, 1070x1004px) Image search: [Google]
punchable.png
188KB, 1070x1004px
>>30411561
>>
>>30411561
You're damn right, ponies have held this franchise back for far too long now.

But this will all change with the upcoming EQG series.
>>
>>30411561
The point at which segments of the fandom decided to outright reject events in the show rather than coming up with preposterous headcanons to make sense of them.

Yes, it's an autistic solution, but it's also one that created a lot of the community's most enduring ideas.
>>
>>30411626
Such as...?
>>
You mean (besides princesses) the only 3 interesting bleeping characters in the show?

If I wanted to see adventures of dumb redneck girl and insecure painfully stereotypical lesbian tomboy I'd watch fucking Hannah Montana or something
>>
>>30411637
>the only 3 interesting bleeping characters
if you mean op pic, then what the hell is wrong with you. nothing about these spoiled mary sue cunts are interesting in the slightest.
>>
>>30411635
Most of the background ponies' personalities, for one. Current /mlp/ would see Lyra sitting like a human and say the animators were being lazy. The 2011 fandom had a different way of looking at things.
>>
>>30411651
the only mary sue is Starlight
>>
>>30411695
>wrong.gif
it's Gabby
>>
>>30411695
twilight was made out to be the most special fucking overpowered little shit in the universe, her entire life is unearned and she's showed with praise and fortune. she never worked for a single thing, even her victories are handed to her. sunset was the same when they reformed her. center of attention, super special beyond reason. all around mary sues.
>>
>>30411561
The fact that Hasbro refuses to let it die.
>>
>>30411720
>sunset was the same when they reformed her. center of attention, super special beyond reason
Sunset was added in at the "last minute" for RR
>center of attention
she was fucking despised by everyone except by the humane5
she only helped save the day because she decided to speak up finally and Twilight gave her a chance at the end to prove to everyone that she had changed
other than being a former student of Celestia and being smart, nothing else makes her special
she earned her position as the leader of the humane7 and is the "expert" in Equestrian magic
>>
File: 1496852927393.png (672KB, 1100x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1496852927393.png
672KB, 1100x1000px
>>30411780
>nothing else makes her special
>>
>>30411824
unlike both Twilights, she didn't keep the wings
>>
>>30411780
I don't know all the much about sunset admittedly, but from the little I did see she came off as a bland character ripoff of an already bland character, and I knew she would end up getting the same treatment as twilight. She's like a slightly better version of glimmer.
>>
>>30411605
I want to punch Flurry in the face.

With my dick.
>>
>>30411704
I don't know how I never noticed what a fucking sue she was first time round.
>>
>>30411851
her character really comes out in RR and gets better in FG, LoE and the first two EqG specials

>She's like a slightly better version of glimmer.
no, she's a million time better than that sack of purple shit

if for nothing else, I implore you to watch the rest of the EqG movies, shorts and specials for her character development
she really is the best thing about EqG
>>
>>30411561
>Season 5 Glimmer
>garbage
>>
>>30411841
twilight still wasn't able to do that
>>
>>30411720
you're a stupid nigger if you think reading thousands of books and studying your whole life under the highest standards of your universe isn't hard work.

you think reading a hundred books is hard work? try reading over twenty fucking thousand, and then save the world a few times
>>
>>30412069
she does what she enjoys all day long in her free home, reading isn't work to her and neither is anything else she does.

>save the world a few times
handed to her. like every other victory. nothing about twilights character feels earned, who gives a shit if she wins. she already did.
>>
>>30412335
are you really trying to take away her merits just because one of the biggest sources of power happens to be her favorite hobby? the most successful people in the world in their specific areas enjoy doing what they do, even if it's gruesome to everyone else. reading all those books is tougher than anything the others have ever done, it's not twilight's fault she happens to love it

and none of her victories were handed to her, she was capable of figuring stuff out that no one else could
>>
File: C40kSYpUEAEmnRw.jpg (86KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
C40kSYpUEAEmnRw.jpg
86KB, 768x1024px
>>30411561
>ITT: garbage that held the franchise back
>>
>>30411954
What the fuck
She was literally fighting a Twilight that was doing exactly that and needed Spike's help to beat her
>>
>>30411605
2bh, Flurry ended up being just as impactful as people have guessed - not at all. It was a shitty opener that never was referenced in any capacity again, save for a single shittier episode in S7
>>
>>30411561
>Magic more or less running out of control and being a plot convenience/device

>The M5 becoming effectively useless in 2-parters beyond the most menial of roles

>Glimmer's poor inclusion to the series from a decent antagonist to a weak protagonist.

>Twilight's curveballed character arc that's left her in stagnation

>Cadence/Shining Armor (Changelings were okay before they were "redeemed", removing an interesting natural dilemma)

>Celestia/Luna constantly worf'd just to make a situation look dire

>Starswirl's artifacts/studies/spells are mentioned but we know nothing of the guy himself beyond comic "canon"
>>
File: glimmerhaters btfo.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
glimmerhaters btfo.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>30411561
well glimmer is in the movie so yeah
fuck you
>>
>>30411561
So...
Everything?
Why are you even here?
>>
>>30414494
she was shoved in there to date the movie to take place after/during S6, dipshit
it's been in the works since S4
this literally means she is shoehorned into the fucking movie because Vogel reeeee'd that she wasn't
she's his ponysona
>>
>>30413638
nothing twilight did felt earned, nothing. you're fucking delusional if you think she deserves her fantastically perfect life.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.