[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm still mad they sunk this ship Why were they keep popping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: cheerimac.png (210KB, 564x306px) Image search: [Google]
cheerimac.png
210KB, 564x306px
I'm still mad they sunk this ship

Why were they keep popping up in the background together if they weren't trying to tease it it?
>>
...because they're friends?
>>
Mac is building a herd
>>
>>30395715
SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UUUUP! FRIENDS CAN'T WALK TOGETHER UNLESS THEY HAVE SEX!
>>
>>30395718
To surpass metal gear
>>
>>30395692
Because no one in the writing team knew about the teasing in the background and no one at the pitching session for new episodes would mention something as irrelevant as background Cheerilee. And animator don't take a part in the creativ decisions.

That was the main technical reason.

Other, storywise decision would be that Heart and Hoof Day made a point that CMC were in the wrong to match these two togetehr as they didn't like eachother that way. If they would hook up, that would mean that CMC were right and its OK to force ship two people in real life by drugging them and having them breed.
>>
>>30395692
At least Discord will not change his waifu all of a sudden, right?
>>
>>30395692
Because animators do whatever the fuck they want and writers don't watch the episodes/discuss with them

So, anything that's happening in the background could be considered 'not canon', because the writers can retcon it whenever the fuck they want, or without even knowing it's a thing in the first place.
>>
File: Sweetie Laugh.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Sweetie Laugh.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>Any future Cheerilee/Mac interaction in background shots will basically be the animators handing Cheerimac shippers (the few that are left at least) an empty gas can for a flame that was only an illusion in the first place

Harsh
>>
>>30395888
Confalone was aware of MarbleMac in the background as he wrote it himself. Yet they still ignored the ship.
>>
>>30395996
Well, maybe he did, I guess he just didn't want to make cheerimac canon because fans would sperg all the time when one wouldn't appear with the other

And instead we got this ship, coming from outer space and that we won't ever see ever again.
I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel about this desu
>>
>>30395996
They rejected it because:

1. Didn't want to risk incest themed ship on the show
2. Wanted to make a tie in to Perfect Pear and give Big Mac a love interest similar to his mother.
>>
>>30396069
Also, easier to voice since Schoichet is always around.
>>
>Mudcucks believing Big Mac would ever be interested in an earth pony
>>
>>30395734
And then he'll play them all like a damn fiddle
>>
>>30396091
Also becuase the main "shtick" of Marble is not talking which would ruin the entire premise in Hard to Say Anything.
>>
>>30396098
But he wrecked your stupid race mixing memes.
Why aren't you mad about it?
>>
File: shipfags.png (1MB, 1380x1548px) Image search: [Google]
shipfags.png
1MB, 1380x1548px
>>30395692
>>30395722
>>
>>30395718
This, he's quite literally a Mac daddy
>>
>>30396091
>wanted to avoid incest
>ship him with someone similar to his mother
>???
>>
>>30395692
Blame Jim, it's the new meme.
>>
>>30397843
I'm >>30396091
but not >>30396069 tho
But that has literally nothing to do, dumdum.
Incest is copulating with someone sharing your genes, not someone looking/resembling someone of your genes.
Also this quite a touchy subject, because we don't really know how long Mac knew his mother.
He could see SB as a mother figure, or not, depending on how close he was with Granny. (Which may be not too much, seeing how he is now.)
And it doesn't always have something to do with an oedipus complex either.
It could simply be a 'my mom was a good mom, she's like my mom, so she'll be a good mom to my kids.'
>>
>>30397878
Marrying your 2nd cousin is not incest and they're like 9th cousins twice removed.
I guarantee you none of the writers went "omg MarbleMac is incestuous, we got to pair him with someone else!"
I like to think they just tossed a dart at a board full of eligible mares and it just happened to land on Sugar Belle. Simple as that.
>>
>>30397921
Who the fuck knows?
We're talking about an american company here Anon, the Derpy drama was just as retarded as this, and see what happened.

And then, yes, I don't think they planned it or anything it was just, 'oh hey, let's put him with shimsham' and there you go.
But we'll see if we see them again some day. They could even get married in S10, who knows.
But until then, I'll stick with my 'she looks like his mom' headcanon tho, it's just way too sweet to pass on.
>>
Friends with benefits
>>
>>30395692
Friends with benefits?
>>
>>30395692

I guess you could say that they were...https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kweM9VHwTHg
>>
>>30395718
Pones have monogamous relationships m8.
>>
>>30395692
>MUH HEADCANON
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.