[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know what I took away from The Perfect Pear? Granny Smith

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (123KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
123KB, 1920x1080px
You know what I took away from The Perfect Pear?

Granny Smith is an evil cunt that is long overdue for the reaper's scythe.
>>
>>30394006
Just change her pills to sugar pills she'll die in her sleep.
>>
>>30394006
But she actually got her shit together once she saw Pear Butter get disowned. It's captain Krik who was the true asshole.
>>
>>30394013
>Implying she takes pills.
>Implying she hasn't remained alive through sheer stubbornness.
>Implying she won't outlive Celestia.
>>
>>30394023
You don't think her being against her son's love because of a silly feud is awful no matter her eventual penance?
>>
>>30394006
How the hell did she stay so good looking despite being that old? She must've fallen apart only in the last ten or so years.
>>
>>30394023
This. Granny Smith has a stubborn streak but she didn't let it cloud her sense of empathy like Grand Pear did.
>>
>>30394023
It's a sobering moment when a girl before you loves your son so much that she would go against her own flesh and blood.

Imagine the feeling of betrayal on her father's part. It's expected that he would sever all contact with her for some time, but he overdid it by a large margin.
>>
>>30394025
Or just grab a pillow.
>>
>>30394038
Dude, Grand Pear's last words to his daughter was him disowning her, he can never take that back. Granny on the other hand was there for son and her new daughter-in-law. She took care of their children when they were gone. Meanwhile, Grand Pear was busy being a bitter old faggot in horse Canada. The fact that the apples still forgave him after all that is an act of kindness he doesn't really deserve.
>>
>>30394006
Well, that and feels.

But yeah, I won't look at granny the same way ever again.

>all these fags going 'hurrr it's kirk's fault'
Yes, but no one cares about that.
HE actually accepted it and came to Ponyville to see his fucking grandchildren. Yes, he fucked up, yes, he's a retard.

But we're talking about Granny 'I'm not going to tell you about your parents, ever, because fuck you' Smith
She cannot be trusted, and I know I'd be pissed at her if I was one of the kids
>>
>>30394006
Yeah, she's a crotchety old hag. She seemed cooler in the first few seasons but I've grown to dislike her presence.
>>
>>30394060
>>30394023
>>30394051
It doesn't matter: the feud wasn't official over until Grand Pear and the Apple siblings sought an end to it. AJ's mother would spent the rest of her life with a family that hated her guts and Granny Smith only let it go because she became an Apple.

>>30394050
Eh, the parents were in their late teen at most (see the university reference). Granny would have been at least middle age by then.
>>
>>30394233
Maybe the events that led to their death were the consequences of not being accepted by either family, and maybe she doesn't like to talk about the pear story because she feels partly responsible for their passing, and that it is hard for her to escape the possibility that she could have made things differently.

But the ponies are proud Apples. Who can blame them? Theyre basically the founders of Ponyville. Then these pear ponies stepped in and tried leeching off of their booming business.
>>
>>30394006
What if you were the Grim Reaper?
>>
>>30395977
I don't really care about her excuse at this point Anon.
I could understand that she didn't want to bring it up for a few years, okay.
But AJ and Mac are fucking adults now, and AB is growing up.

She's the one raising them, she has that responsibility. That'd be like not telling your kid that his 'dad' wasn't his real dad until he was 25 or something.
That's just mind blowing to me.

And that's a headcanon, of course, but I don't see the kids never asking her about that kind of shit.
And all the times she must've gone 'Uh, yeah, about that, huh, how about you go pick 'em appuls huh?'

If your 'pride' gets in the way of your kids happiness then you have a serious problem.
>>
>>30396018
The death of their parents could not have been too long ago. It had to be after Apple Bloom's birth. So after the wedding, they gave birth to Big Mac ( must have really had to stretch for that one), Applejack, then Apple Bloom. Then the story of their death follows after it, and even then, we still don't have a reference on how long after Apple Blooms birth did it happen. Big Mac and maybe Applejack were old enough to remember their faces. And it's not like they were told they had a different biological mother from whom they grew up with. He was going to marry someone from outside the family anyways. Otherwise that would be incest. I'm sure that the proud family would not be proud of that.
>>
>>30396138
What, why are you always going back to that conservative BS, I'm not even talking about that shit and I don't care about that, BM can fuck AJ all he wants for all I care.

Thing is, that they must've died when BM and AJ were young, too young to ask them these questions themselves.
Especially since the appul are so 'family oriented', the 'hey mom/dad, how did you meet each other' and 'where's your dad and mom, mom?'
We can safely assume that it's been a LONG time since then. Heck, how would they never know of their mom being old pal with mrs. cake?

So, even if BM or AJ wouldn't have asked granny about these, AB would've done it, especially if/because she never got the time to really know them.

Or actually nvm, the bitch writers are hacks and I just found out even more plotholes.
>>
Most old people are.
>>
>>30396222
Mrs Cake had nothing more to say after her cutie mark story and referred the Apple ponies to Mayor Mare to hear the rest of the story following into the wedding. There's no indication of a plot hole because for all we know, their parents could have moved away from Ponyville shortly after. It would not be a surprise, feeling that it would be a fresh start for them. Then maybe Granny Smith agreed to take care of them after their death.
>>
>>30396307
>mrs Cake had nothing to say after her cutie mark story
>Which is already more than they ever heard anyone say about them
Okay, so even if it was true, what would be your point? It doesn't change anything.
But, no, they were 'inseparables' and best friends, I don't think her CM story is the only thing she remembers, that would be kinda dumb.

It's a small town. People talk all the fucking time, even more so because ponies are ten times more sociable than humans.
I just can't begin to fathom this kind of stuff, the appuls have been working with the Cakes for years, selling them apples and shit.
They would've talked about it at some point, that's not a 'maybe'.

I could excuse their father's friend tho, because we never saw him and AJ says that they themselves haven't seen him in ages.
But look at how easy it was for them to talk to them about it when they understood why they were there.

But the main point will always stand, Granny should've been the one to tell them all that shit, at some point.
If Grampear died at some point, and never came to Ponyville, they may have never heard of all that shit.
Granny could've died too, and never told them.
For a family that's all about traditions and respecting values and shit, that's just feels so... mind blowing.
>>
Why the fuck does she have white hair as a girl still?
>>
>>30396658
Mrs Cake might have been reluctant to talk to her old friend's kids about their dead mother. For most other ponies, their reasons might have been similar. And few ponies knew their parents were in a relationship anyways. The wedding was secret.

And the ponies that socialize with Applejack the most, AKA her best friends, are all ponies that weren't born in Ponyville. Big Mac hardly socializes and Apple Bloom's friends wouldn't know either.

Granny Smith might have even told them about their parents and surely about her son, but might have omitted the detail of her mother being from a family they had a feud with, for reasons I mentioned in my first post.
>>
>>30396846
Actually Rarity was probably a Ponyville native but whatever. Pinkie Pie did not grow up in Ponyville so she might not have ever asked Mrs Cake about Applejack's mother.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.