[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Through the Shattered Planes: A MonsterPony CYOA #7

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 17

File: Hydra_with_legs.png (100KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Hydra_with_legs.png
100KB, 1200x1000px
The shattered planes.
Lands beyond what is real, a thousand small realities, all complete with their unique dwellers. The natural order and peace reigned in each of them. In the past.

But now that the portals have opened, outsiders poured in the planes, searching for glory, and ready to crush what or whoever planned to stop them.
Even if some planes had to collapse.

You’re a hydra. You lived in your jungle until the Diamond Dog attacked. They destroyed your home plane, and now you’re in exile, searching for a new home. You are Faze, and your sisters are named Fangs and Froth.

The dogs have to pay. But they’re hiding in The Colony, a plane fortified by outsiders and ruled by a demon, and you don’t feel up for the task yet. Tori, a tengu in search of glory and strength has joined you and your sisters in your quest. After resting in the Winter Calm, you’ve decided to go find the Amazons of the Wild Steppes, which you hope to recruit for your quest. While you were travelling through the Twilight Cove, you encountered three minotaurs attacking a crustacean-pony hybid. Ou decided to step in and help him.

Full story: https://www.anonpone.com/monsterpone/
Collected pages in your Planar Guide (updated): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ac5gmje8aj1xhhd/AAAyb23ZI_Iv1Nxca2CAFG1pa?dl=0

pic mostly unrelated
>>
File: 145monpon.png (108KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
145monpon.png
108KB, 1000x800px
Last post

“Tell me, meat. How much are these pearls worth?” You demand “And what is that potion you are holding?
“Hey, these pearls belong to the clams!” The Ucan exclaims “They made them!”
“Yeah, and they aren’t doing anything with these besides keeping them around.” The bull retorts “Meanwhile they fetch us from 20 to 50 gold if they’re faultless.”

The bull doesn’t answer about the potion, though.
“Isn’t this pony in his home anyway?” You hiss toward the bulls “He should be the one to decide about this.”
“Hey! Exactly! I make the rules here!” The crustacean puffs his chest.

“Grr, whatever! Just take back those gosh-darned pearls!” One of the bulls groans, throwing his bag to Tori. The bird pony catches the heavy load with a little difficulty while the three bulls start to run for their lives, abandoning all their stuff behind except for the potion.

The Ucan seems content to just let them flee.
>>
>>30388646
But… the sight of preys fleeing in front of you always tickled your hunter instinct. And with the smell of blood in the air, you feel your predatory mind awaken. A quick exchange of looks with Froth shows she’s thinking the same. It looks like you’ll be taking more from those bulls than their stuff…

You start the chase. The bulls weren’t stupid enough to forget what kind of creature you were, and soon you hear panicked shout from them. But on the slippery and uneven ground of the Cove, your coils fare way better than small hooves.
Soon, the injured minotaur starts to fall behind despite the urges of his companions. But just before you come into biting rage, one of the other minotaur throws the pink vial.

The vial crashes one the ground next to you, and a huge puff of pink smokes erupts from it with a hissing sound, quickly engulfing both you and the bulls.
It smells like… cupcakes.

You memory gets a little… fuzzy from here. You remember entering some sort of hugging frenzy under the puzzled looks of Tori and the Ucan. After profusely apologizing, both you and the bulls came to the conclusion all violence is wrong and that natives and adventurers alike were in dire need of a big hug. You eventually decided to let the minotaurs walk away. You even gave them the blunderbuss you had as an apology. If it wasn’t for Tori saying this is going a little too far, you’d probably have given them some pearls back. Indeed, after discussing it with the minotaurs, it appears the pearls are basically the clam’s way or neutering impurities inside their shells which they can’t get out.

After a while, you do manage to remember you were on a quest to do something very not nice, and despite the horror the aim of your quest inspires you right now, you have enough functioning brain cells back to understand your sugar high will fade away after some time.

>What do?
>>
File: 146monpon.png (121KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
146monpon.png
121KB, 1000x800px
>>30388650
The Ucan is still with you. After all, he didn’t seem like he wanted to escape your thirst for hugs.

You can feel him shiver with joy.

>What do?
>>
>>30388659
The first thing we need to do in preparation for our attack is to figure out how to neutralize the cupcake poison.
>>
>>30388659
I am still curious exactly why the ucan cared so much about the pearls
>>
>>30388744
It was probably more about forcibly opening the clams to reach the pearls.
>>
>>30388659
Let take a swim with the Ucan. Also we need to find a way to develop a immunity for this Cupcake poison.
>>
>>30388659
I didn't see anywhere in that post that said the bulls have left. BUT, if they're still there, if like to know what that potion was, and how we can make some. That is the price for their lives.
And, you know. Always hungry. Why do they have to look so delicious dammit.
>>
>>30388659
Equip the Ucan as head wear.
>Ucan helmet obtained!
>>
>>30388808
We already know about the poison. The goal is to find a way to counter it, not use it.
>>
>>30388808
It's cupcake aura chucklefuck.
>>
>>30388824
The masks you numpty. We know it can from the sugar plane, but we don't know how to extract it. Also....
>>30388659
That bleeding bull is gonna bleed to death. What'chew bulls f'unna do bout it?
>>
Pleeny, the dropbox is not updated.
>>
>>30388829
Yeah no shit? How do the get the stuff though? Spit? Sweat? Sexual fluids? Blood? Grinding them up?
>>
>>30388834

New dropbox
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/owrbq8ct3bf8l3c/AABuMCRlUB4BRYDlEAwjCZF4a?dl=0

Also:
Inventory: barrel of water, 3 days worth of food, 3 backpacks, 3 water cans, a planar guide (book), 1 gems, 1 pearl, a 10-feet wide crepe, the skull of a bone golem, a sleeping potion, a stone-skin potion, a broadsword, an arm plate, a bear trap, a bundle of bolts, a toolbox, a net, some rope, nylon string, several hooks and stakes, three gas masks, a jar of terrine, a crowbar, three Minotaur bags (probably containing pearls).
>>
>>30388833
>That bleeding bull is gonna bleed to death
I don't think they are. we lost.
it's really not a big deal anyway. We just ate and are stocked up on food. I don't know why you guys even wanted to chase them down.
>>
>>30388650
Fuck I missed somehow that we were back in the cove.
>>
>>30388833
The gas masks seem a bit impractical to me. I'd much prefer a natural immunity or an antidote that will temporarily cancel out it's effects. Let them falsely believe it'll help them so they waste time drugging themselves like the minotaurs did.
>>
>>30388808
>You eventually decided to let the minotaurs walk away.
>>30388659
Do we remember which portal they went to? I still have some questions. Hiss hiss tourists.
>>
>>30388869
Soul power. Brutha.
All aboard the soul train.
>>
>>30388899
Well I suppose that is a reason although I question the morality in this situation.
>>
>>30388880
You sir, are daft.
The gas masks are made to prevent inhalation of hazardous gasses, fumes, and debris. They fit just on their faces which is enough.
>>
>>30388915
Are you sure they are one size fits all? Do you say we wear them 24/7? Are there no downsides to using them? Like needing to replace filters? What's wrong with developing natural immunities to toxins?
>>
>>30388909
I dunno. Do any of us really care about those bulls? Because I don't.
Now the hell are we going to do with these bolts?
>>
>>30388946
>Are you sure they are one size fits all?
Pleeny sure Pleeny said they only for the MC's muzzles. They will serve their purpose.

>Do you say we wear them 24/7?
No because that's stupid.

>Are there no downsides to using them? Like needing to replace filters?
Of course their are down sides you daft lil shid. Can't hold stuff with your face and or spit fire/sick burns. The filters I down fokin know but I don't want to over complicate things with little technical things.

>What's wrong with developing natural immunities to toxins?
Nothing. Nothing at all. It's just that you can only develop an immunity to certain things, which takes time in small doses.
That one guy who took poison to grow an immunity? Same guy that tried to poison himself and failed? That takes time.
So fuckyet, immunity. Better to have and not need then to need and not have.
Gas Mask 4 the win.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170625-124614.png (48KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170625-124614.png
48KB, 1080x1920px
>>30388861
I got this from clicking the link.

>Indeed, after discussing it with the minotaurs, it appears the pearls are basically the clam’s way or neutering impurities inside their shells which they can’t get out.
Well little shrimp man. It seemed like theminotaur, business were harmless and the clams probably dont want those pearls. Not that they're sentient or anything. Saw where did you come from?
How can we visit your plane without suffocating?
Do you have issues with The Colony and would you like to consider amassing an army to defeat the demon or whatever in the colony?
>>
>>30388999
>Can't hold stuff with your face and or spit fire/sick burns.
Except they seem to cripple all of our offensive abilities. If our enemies are wearing gas masks as well, it'd give them a major advantage.
>>
>>30389100
It's situational. Just drop it.
>>
>>30389235
I'm not the person going around attacking and insulting everybody that disagrees with them.
>>
>>30389100
You don't even know if you can grow an immunity to friendliness gas. Maybe instead of slowly growing an immunity, it would instead slowly build up in your body until you're a hugging machine like the cupcakes.
>>
>>30389272
Me neither, but the two of them are annoying.
>>
>>30389025
>>30388891
>>30388819
>>30388801
>>30388744
>>30388739
Right now, you have trouble thinking about going against this blissful state of mind you’re experiencing. The effect should wear off over time, but you know outsiders have probably have found counter-measures to harmful gas. Heck, you’re actually carrying gas masks! But they’re a lot too small, and you’re not sure you’d be able to fight properly with these on. You’d much rather just be immune to these nasty gas. Or maybe find a potion when you need the immunity? Maybe you should have asked Amanite for other services back then. Also the poor unicorn probably needs a hug…

You shake your head, trying to chase the artificial friendship thoughts. You don’t know were the bulls came from, but the nearest portal they’re heading to is the Silent Cathedral. You will be passing next to this one to while you head for the Steppes too.
You divert your attention to the Ucan still in your coils. You decide to get to know him a little better over the course of a swim. While he rests over your head.

“Hey, I didn’t catch you name actually!” You say with an oversized grin “Mine’s Faze, and these are Fangs and Froth.”
“Tori-desu.” The tengu raises a hoof, introducing herself while she flies over you.
“Uh...” The Ucan replies uneasily “My name is Bubble Pop. And… nice to meet you.”
“The pleasure is ours!” Fangs coos, before nuzzling the little guy.
“Also, I just wanted to be sure.” You continue “You attacked these minotaurs because they were harming the clams, right?”
“W-well, yeah, sorta...” He looks away “I mean, outsiders are usually up to no good, so when I saw one of them in the water I just wanted to… you know, make sure he’d behave!”
>>
File: 147monpon.png (69KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
147monpon.png
69KB, 1000x800px
>>30389297
Bubble looks a little ill-at-ease talking about this. Even more than before.
“Is there a way for us to get to your home?” You ask “I mean, we’d really like to go but we’d don’t have gills.”
“Yeah, gills are pretty rare...” Bubble grumbles angrily. But he doesn’t seem to be angry at you. “That’s why nobody bothers with those rude outsiders!” He exclaims “Everyone think they’ll leave us alone, but actually we’re just waiting for them to find a way down there, and it’ll happen eventually! I know it!”
“Well, actually we’re trying to gather a lot of ponies to attack one of their settlement.” You reveal “The Colony. There’s a bunch of evil stuff going on there. And we’ve decided to put an end to it.”
“Really?!” Buble exclaims, sounding ecstatic. “How many ponies have you convinced already?”
“Err… we just started. So there just me and my friend right now.”
“O-oh…” You can fell the Ucan slouch your head in disappointment “Well, I’m sorry, But I won’t be able to help you on my own. And people won’t listen enough to me to even come speak with you about it...”

>What do?
>>
>>30389311
Oh weel. Wish the Ucan a good day and lets be on our way.

I feel kind of guilty now if maybe the taurs were not really doing that much wrong.
>>
>>30389363
*oh well
>>
>>30389311
Well if we find a way to go to your creature while breathing underwater you will know. It nice know you Bubble, but we got to recruit some amazon.
>>
>>30389311
I mean, hey. This is our first stop. Gotta start somewhere, Amerite?
The outsiders can be resourceful. Look they even made these gas mask! Trust me. If there's something of value they'll eventually find a way down there.
Maybe if we found someway down there- like a potion or magic, that would definetly convince them. Because if we manage to find a way, then so will they.
You probably don't want to go with us. Where we're going there's little water. Like, only three oasis's.
>>
>>30389311
Did you see that flesh monster? We took care of that. You're welcome.
>flex you sexy monster.
>>
>>30389025
Works fine for me
>>
>>30389311
Do you want to come with us? We're we are going is hot. It it'll take a while to get there. So unless you have a spare barrel....
>>
>>30389363
>>30389404
>>30389458
>>30389471
>>30389930
Maybe the minotaurs weren’t exactly doing anything too bad for once. But it’s not like you can’t relate to Bubble Pop. In his situation and while not on cupcake high, you’d have probably done the same.

“Hey, have you heard about a flesh slime going wild around here recently?” You ask.
“A what?” Bubbles sounds worried all of a sudden “Uhm… no. But it sounds pretty bad...”
“Don’t worry, we took care of it.” You say with a little pout. If they didn’t know, you won’t be able to score any point with this. “Anyway, I’ll try to find a way down to your city. Maybe they’ll reconsider how safe they are from outsiders if a hydra make her way to say hello.”
“Yeah, maybe that’ll activate a few almonds down here.” Bubble gives you a thankful nod “I wish you luck, Faze, Froth, Fangs, Tori! I wish I was strong enough to help you, but right now I’d probably just be a burden… Yet I’m confident we’ll get rid of these pesky outsiders in the end!”
“Thank. We’ll show them, don’t worry Bubble! But I’ve got some Amazons to tame. Take care!” You say as a goodbye.

On those words, it’s time for you to continue your journey. You keep going toward the portal to the Steppes. You encounter nothing else worthwhile on the way, not even the bulls from earlier. But at least, the effect of cupcake high has completely disappeared by the time you reach the portal.
>>
File: 148monpon.png (114KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
148monpon.png
114KB, 1000x800px
>>30390101
Another shimmering vortex later, you find yourself in a dry and hot plain. The rays of the sun are merciless, but a powerful wind provides some much needed fresh air. You find yourself in a seemingly endless yellow ocean of tall grass, with only some small trees emerging from the scrublands here and there. Somewhere at the horizon, you can see two rocky formation. With the perfectly clear sky and flat land, you’ve got trouble even guessing how far or how tall they are. Aside from that, there’s no trace of any living creature where you stand.
The sun shines right atop you, indicating the time is probably close to noon, which would make sense since you’re starting to feel peckish.

“Phew!” Tori exclaims, protecting her eye from the sun with her arm “So that’s where the Amazons live? Let’s find them quickly. It seems to me this plane will feel way better once we reach an oasis!”

>What do?
>>
see you tomorrow
>>
>>30390101
So did we keep some or all of those pearls, or did we return them to Bubbles during our high?
Let's go sisters. I just hope none of the Amazon's try something stupid like try to take us.
>>
>>30390115
Yeah, try to look for the Amazons. There's no time to waste! Hopefully the Amazons aren't dangerous.
>>
>>30390115
Go south south west in the direction of the tundra. we can find the nearby oasis from there.
>>
>>30390115
I see the crepe. It's kind of cute.
Let's look at what we rightfully earned from the minotaurs.
>>
>>30390115
Tall grass. Hot weather. Perfect conditions to snek snek through.
*hiss hiss*
*wiggle wiggle*
We afraid of no thing.
>>
>>30390141
Agreed. I can't wait to hang it up in our home or something.
>>
>>30390115
This is a great plane to live in the tall grass make great foliage for us to hide in when we go hunting for food.
All we have to do is keep moving forward and we will hit one of the oasis, but where the tribes live will take some time to find them.
>>
>>30390115
Alright. The legendary tundra is to our left, the partial big to our right, and the fairy ring straight ahead. What we want to do is head straight between for those two large rock formations because of the abundance of water there. From there we can start our search for the Amazon's, or until we find one on the way.

If night encroaches before we reach our destination, we can cut the tall grass and another one side of our crepe roll with it and for a tent, with the grass lined side facing inwards so we don't get greasy. Or we get cozy in the grass and Tori can have the tent.

Oh and I want to know what the girls think about making look pelt hoods/hats. I though it would be fashionable and a bit intimidating if we stuff the skull or keep it as part of the head wear.

Oh and girls? Let's keep an eye out for giant Emu's.
Is Candy strong enough to deal with one of those with the ice artifact?
Wait actually. So long as we keep below the grass and nothing sees us directly, we're virtually invisible.
>>
bumpo
>>
>>30391641
>>
>>30390115
Let us make haste. But first let's try on the gas masks to see if they fit.
>>
>>30392710
>>
>>30393631
>>
>>30390115
The page said the Mongoose things explode due to a build up of gas in their caviety. What if the killing blow was a large puncture to the torso? That way the gas will quickly funnel out the hole and preventing to corpse bomb from detonating.

>>30390140
We're not going to the Tundra. Not yet. First we'll head to the center of the plane because that's the main concentration of water, and when there is water there are people.
>>
>>30395218
I don't want to go to the tundra yet. I want to go in that direction for the lowest chance of getting lost.
>>
>>30390129
>>30390139
>>30390140
>>30390141
>>30390152
>>30390171
>>30390250
>>30395218
You wiggle happily. You kinda like that place! The tall grass will be very good for hunting, and once you find a reliable source of water and a place to hang that crepe on a wall, it’ll be close to your dream-home!

The two rocky formations make for great landmarks, and you don’t see yourself getting lost. But for now, you decide to take a little rest and have a snack.

“Hey, Candy!” You look around, searching for the little ghost, but once again you can’t seem to find her. “Damn, did she fall behind or something?”
“Etto…” Tori scratches her head “You know, last time I saw her was just after I had been healed. She just left without a word, phasing through the wall. I don’t think she’ll come back.”
“Impossible.” You say “She still has my icy orb. She wouldn’t leave us just like that.”
“Desuwa...” Tori gives you an embarrassed shrug “Looks to me like she just did.”
You scowl. Really? That little ghost you carried around out of pure generosity just left without saying goodbye? And more importantly, with your stuff! If you didn’t have a whole chicken in your mouth right now, you’d curse her… But right now you’ve got no way of finding where the little ghost went, so there’s little you can do.

Before leaving, you decide to try the gas masks. While the thing efficiently covers your snouts and mouth, it’s rather uncomfortable, and you can forget about opening your maw while wearing these. The straps are also working overtime, and you feel like a mere hiccup would be enough for them to snap.

You also open the bags of the bulls. In addition to the seven pearls you also found a small knife and a pouch containing what seems to be regular marbles.
>>
File: 149monpon.png (110KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
149monpon.png
110KB, 1000x800px
>>30396120
A little while later, you carry on your journey under the afternoon sun. Even though you tread forward at a good pace, the mountains barely look any closer at all even after an hour. This plane really is on another scale…
Meanwhile, Tori usually flies up very high to get a better view of what’s ahead. Sometimes she flies several miles ahead of you, before coming back to tell you what she saw, and gets some rest while sitting atop your head.
As you could expect from what you read from the page, Tori was able to see some wild animals such as warthogs, gazelles and even a lone rhino. But not trace of any Amazon for now.

However, after a dozen more minutes, Tori does come down with an unusual report.
“Hey, I’ve seen something mesurashi over there!” Tori states, descending from the sky “It looks like a henna black straw hut or something.”
You squint your eyes in the direction Tori points. It’s far, but you think you see what she’s talking about. You’re not sure what it is, though.

>What do?
>>
See you tomorrow
>>
>>30396134
It could be a black straw hut, or it could be those Dromaius. Let go closer to it and find out.
>>
>>30396134
Go to it. Leave our stealth artifact behind so we don't spook them.
>>
>>30396260
Why leave it behind, what if it's those Dromaius?
>>
>>30396134
Might as well check it out.
>>
>>30396274
And what if we get killed for sneaking into a settlement?
>>
>>30397112
>>
>>30397969
>>
>>30396134
>Candle Stick leaving
Well she does like her despair, misery, madness and whatever emotions. I wonder what she's doing right now....didnt even say she was leaving >:T

Huts equal intelligent enough creatures like us. What luck. Looks like we've found our first Amazon. Let's go investigate. Tori? Could you scout it out and see if anyone is home?

>>30396228
Well I guess that's fair assumption. Not like we've seen these things before. THEN AGAIN the guide would probably have mentioned that already if they can disguise themselves as huts.

>>30396260
You wabt to leqve something valuable behind? Fat chance buddy. This thing is worth something. We are keeping it and that's final.

>>30396397
You are simple minded. People can't hear us, but they can still see us. We just need to get into their field of vision.

God. This one anon wanting to leave behind spoils of war.
Dammit we earned that skull and used up some useful supplies trying to down the thing.
>>
>>30398622
>We just need to get into their field of vision
Wasn't it look into our eyes?
>>
>>30399985
No. They just need to look at us.
The Pegasus scout saw us, so unless one of the heads was doing something stupid....
>>
hey
>>
>>30398536
>>
>>30401250
>>
File: 150_1monpon.png (162KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
150_1monpon.png
162KB, 1000x800px
>>30398622
>>30396341
>>30396260
>>30396228

You decide to investigate. You tread closer to the strange hut until…
>>
File: 150_2monpon.png (227KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
150_2monpon.png
227KB, 1000x800px
>>30402363
>>
File: 150_3monpon.png (261KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
150_3monpon.png
261KB, 1000x800px
>>30402370
>>
File: 150_4monpon.png (567KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
150_4monpon.png
567KB, 1000x800px
>>30402378
https://soundcloud.com/user172906688/rathalos-roar

>What do?
>>
>>30402385
Fuck up it's legs and tell Tori to fuck up the eyes without hitting the brain.
>>
>>30402385
RUN!!!
>>
>>30402443
>>30402444
I'm gonna need a third input
>>
>>30402363
God fucking dammit I asked Tori not th3 both of us.
Dammit Pleeny. You did this!

>>30402385
Fuckin slither day m8's. Tori can you blind it or something? Oh and be careful it can spit fire apparently, said the plane sheet.
Let's slither below the tall grass until it loses sight and interest in us and goes for Tori. Then Fangs can play lumberjack on its leg.
>>
>>30402544
>>30402531
Here's my damn input. Pop in and out of the tall grass and cut it like some dirty zigger.
>>
>>30402552
>>30402544
>>30402531
Oh nevermind about the attacking. It has a tough hide. Only way to really damage it is to give the sword to Froth to swing.

Fuck it ask Tori to distract it while we make an escape.
We need to find a soul with a big ego. Big ego equals big power.
>>
this is not a vote for anything but
>Retreat is advised at the sight of an emu. Their only weakness is their low intelligence. They’re rather poor at tracking once you’ve managed to get out of sight, and may be distracted by simple puffs of smoke and flashes of light.
>>
>>30402598
Yeah. Tori make bird noises.

This is why we should have picked Thingpone / flesh slime monster.
>>
File: 151monpon.png (102KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
151monpon.png
102KB, 1000x800px
>>30402443
>>30402544
>>30402552
“Tori, there’s no backing down!” You shout at your companion, who happened to turn to you to see your reaction.
“R-really? There isn’t?” Fangs stutters.

“Try to keep it distracted. We’re gonna attacks the legs!”
You can only hope your tengu friend heard that last part. Indeed, the Dromaius seems more interested in the flying blue pony in front of it. Before you can end your sentence, the neck of the creature zooms forward to gobble your friend. Tori only narrowly managed to evade the attack, and had to back away a great distance.

But the creature seem to only be warming up, and a blink of an eye and a powerful stride later, the dromaius already tries again to make a snack out of your friend.
Tori has trouble even staying alive at this point, and has to spend all her energy evading the relentless attacks of the beast. Despite the inability of the creature to fly, it jumps at your friend with staggering speed, and its erratic moves make it really hard to guess the next attack of the beast.

While you planned to sneak up on the Dromaius to attack its legs with Forth using your broadsword, you soon realise the strides of the Emu are way to long for you to catch up on. Getting a clear shot is completely impossible, and the humongous claws of the creatures makes standing in front of it a very hazardous plan.
Even when Tori finally manages to fly too high for the dromaius to catch her, the oversized bird still runs around seemingly at random, throwing fireballs and giant and sharp feathers around while screeching in what’s probably a primitive kind of frustration. Which means just staying in place is gonna be a bad idea from now on.

>What do?
>>
>>30402937
Oh fuck the guide never said anything about it's feathers.
Take our stone skin potion and throw the sleeping potion to Tori.
>>
>>30402937
>>30402959
No, sort of. It was hinted I guess. And I would avoid using the stone potion so soon after acquiring it.

Tori is smart enough to realize that staying out of range and waiting for it to get bored is the best choice.
Once it leaves we can wait for her to circle around the sky and find us again so we can continue on our journey...

Or do as that anon suggest sans the stone potion since this thing can break stones, and find a way to give the potion to Tori.
>>
>>30402959
>Take our stone skin potion and throw the sleeping potion to Tori.
Dammit anon. Why haven't you educated yourself on the info we got from the treasure golem? The notes specifically say that they can crush stones. A stone potions isn't going to solve this.
>>30402937
Let's bid our time all sneaky like, as any patient hunter would, and wait for the perfect time to strike at its legs or somewhere vital. It'll get bored eventually.

I wonder if we can take it.
>>
>>30403041
>Dame a big ass, fire breathing, rock crushing, feather blade throwing, thick hide. Corpse exploding Ostrich
Sure. Why the fuck not. Maybe if we were bigger though.
>>
>>30402937
Have Tori use the sun to blind the creature so we can just leave it.

>>30402959
Don't touch the potions.
>>
>>30402937
Let's start shoot a fireball some distance away to distract it from Tori, then let us skedaddle while it is distracted.
>>
>>30402959
Like the others said it could crush stone anyway.

Giving Tori the sleeping potion is a fantastic idea though.
>>
>>30403071
Better then starting a fire to distract it from Tori?
This thing is huge. We don't have enough of this sleeping stuff to knock it out.
>>
>>30403098
why not both.jpg
Nobody said she had to use it right away but if she sees a chance she can throw it in.

It might be enough, you never know.
>>
>>30403110
But here's the issue.
She can't hear us from up there, so we can't get her to take the potion.
The fire starting is the only way, and the best way to go.
>>
>>30402937
Next time, let's let Tori hold onto the skull so she can do better scouting. With her being so fast she could easily avoid and lose pursuers.
>>
>>30403123
We can throw shit you know.
>>
>>30403135
That could get the monsters attention and have it attack us instead. We're a bigger target and not as fast.
>>
I just had a thought. The thing is dumb as shit. If we throw the sleep potion in front of it's face it might eat it.
>>
>>30403135
Actually nevermind. The monster would be looking up at Tori while she would be looking down, and maybe spot us. But the question is how do we work together to drug the thing? Toss the vial repeatedly up in the air and hope she grabs it?
>>
>>30403206
Yeah. Then we can cripple it by cutting it's leg tendons then cauterizing it to keep it from bleeding.
If you kill one, another one eventually comes to replace it. So why not have a crippled one instead of a new one later?
>>
File: 152monpon.png (111KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
152monpon.png
111KB, 1000x800px
>>30403005
>>30403041
>>30403050
>>30403057
ou’re hope Tori won’t try to attack it further from now on. For now, a tactical retreat is in order. You light up a small fire in the dry grass in the hope it might catch the creature’s attention while you get away.

As you planned, the creature soon lose interest from Tori as it notices the fire and starts to poke at it curiously with its beak, before trampling the fire and searching once again for some food by using its beak. You and Tori are already out of sight when the beast understands there’s nothing for him bellow the ashes.

“Bikurishita!” Tori exclaims, once you’re at a safe distance, hidden in the grass “That huge baka-bird, he-he’s fast!”
“Anyway, I’m glad we’re away from that thing...” Fangs says with a sigh of relief.
“Ha!” Froth flashes a predatory grin “Like we’re gonna give up on the title of apex predator like it was nothing! We’re merely thinking of a plan to taking it down before counter-attaching, Fangs.”
“You can’t be serious!” Fangs frowns “These monsters don’t even have souls! If it’s challenges you’re after please wait until we meet the amazons…” You sister turns to you with a pleading look “Right Faze?”

You look at the Dromaius again. It’s sitting on the ground at a fair distance, and its head scouts the landscape around, probably searching for the preys it just lost.

>What do?
>>
>>30403340
Let's leave it for now. We can come back later. Give Tori the sleeping potion now. If we fight it she can try to get it down its throat.
>>
>>30403340
Right now this thing will kill us before we can even do damage on it. What we are going to do it to find the amazon and get them on board to help us fight The Colony,
>>
>>30403340
We can get neither meat nor souls from those things, so fighting it is a wasted effort.
>>
>>30403340
>neutral choice
We'll fight it later in the future, weather that's today in in a month.
I don't believe we are capable of killing it without taking some gruesome injuries. We might get some more wisdom from the natives on how to kill one though.
What do you girls think about stabbing a hole it it's torso to prevent it from exploding?
>>
>>30403340
So uh, is my "let's break down the crowbar to make the broad sword into a sword breaker" a bad idea? And did we not get the minotaurs crowbars?
>>
File: 153monpon.png (331KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
153monpon.png
331KB, 1000x800px
>>30403361
>>30403423
>>30403460
>>30403464
>>30403474
“We’ve got nothing to gain from beating such a creature right now.” You declare after pondering for a few seconds. “But we’ll definitely get our revenge. And maybe the amazons will have some tips to fight the creature”
“Eh, alright...” Both your sisters answer, though not bothered by the same part of your answer.

“Also, Tori. I want you to have this.” You toss her one of your vials “It’s a sleeping potion. Should we fight one of those beasts in the future, try throwing that in its gullet!”
“Etto…” Your feathered friend cocks an eyebrow “Are you sure such a small potion will work of such a dekkai creature?”
“Hum… She kinda has a point.” Fangs winces.
“Or not.” Froth shrugs “Who knows how it works? Maybe it’s magic?”

Since none of you has any knowledge on the subject, you decide to start moving again, making sure to remain below the grass level to avoid attracting any unwanted attention.
After a few minutes, the Dromaius rises on his legs as start to run toward the horizon, luckily not in the same direction you’re heading. In fact, it might be heading for the portal you came from.

You’re able to continue your journey without being bothered anymore. While you’re on the move, you think about how your could use the crowbar and the sword you have to make a better weapon. But Tori tells you it’s gonna be hard to make something sturdy enough to hold in battle without the help of a blacksmith. Once again, maybe the amazons can help.

You slither seemingly endlessly toward the mountains, until the sun starts to drop toward the horizon.
The air gets colder, and you’re feeling a little sore from all that travelling. It might be a good idea to settle for the night. From how close the mountains look right now, you think you’re about half-way through your journey.
Aside from a fee small trees, the Steppes are desperately flat and silent.

>What do?
>>
See you tomorrow
>>
>>30403872
Wrap ourselves in our crepe.
>>
>>30403872
Time to use our crepe and the find a place to rest.
>>
>>30403872
What's that white thing on the horizon?
>>
>>30403872
>In fact, it might be heading for the portal you came from.
Oh shit nig. How succ would it be if it could travel through the portal? If it do I hope it slips and drowns.
Anyways let's have a late dinner. No campfires. We don't want to attract anymore soon birds. Ooooh it's a shame Tori doesn't have natural night vision like us.

>>30403892
>>30404059
>Disgusting greasy anons that never played Into the White.
Ew, no. We are not wrapping ourselves with the crepe thing This time. For I have an idea!

Pick a spot where we're going to sleep in and remove all the grass from that area. We'll use all of that grass to stick to the interior and exterior of the crepe for camouflage, and so we don't touch the greasy crepe. Don't want to stain our scales after all.
Before we do any of that though, we should coat the crepe in dirt. Hopefully the plant juices from the grass that the earth will mask the smell of delicious inedible crepe- wait. What if we can poison one of those bird monsters with a crepe? That would be convient.

Anyways we will break down one of the small trees of excess branches to pitch (using the hooks and stakes) the crepe in a cone-tent. And after that we'll just coil around the small tree pole until we're a cozy, hydra roll. And if thats not warm enough, we can rely on Faze's warm breath to keep things toasty.
Hopefully there is enough room for Tori too.

Oh and let's set up the bear trap around here. Hopefully for an early morning breakfast. Tori should be mindful of the trap in case she wakes up before us.

The pitching of the tent would probably take significantly longer if we didn't have Tori to help. Whom I assume has some survival skills. If not at least she has hands.
>>
>>30404129
You talking about the sunset?
>>
>>30404834
>What if we can poison one of those bird monsters with a crepe
We are keeping all of the crepe
>>
>>30404843
To the right of it. There is a little white scribble on the horizon.
>>
>>30404851
No we're not. This thing will spoil eventually. Might as well let something enjoy it before that happens.
>>
>>30404860
That could be nothing, or it could be something. Nothing to it until tomorrow. To tired to continue through the night.
>>
>>30404834
>>30405225
The crepe is not up for debate
We're using the goddamned crepe
We are a hydra pastry
>>
>>30406158
No. It is disgusting.
We are clean snek. No mate will want a fat, lazy, greasy, smelly hydra.
>>
>>30406158
It's always up for debate. Any you're not considering how Tori feels about that.

>>30403872
Ask the girls if they want to feel greasy in the morning and have dirt and debris cling to our pretty scales.
>>
>>30406158
I'd rather find a way to make a tent with it rather than turn ourself into a giant meal for a passing crazy emu monster.
>>
>>30403872
Slither up the nearest sturdy tree and coil up in the branches for tonight.
>>
>>30406158
This.
Well I am more concerned with making sure we keep it but no harm in using it.
>>
>>30407252
But we will cover it in grass and mask its scent with dirt so we don't attract larger predators, right?
>>
>>30406158
Hey fuck you man. My suggestion was completely reasonable.
>>
>>30407281
I suppose we could.
>>
Snek bump
>>
>>30408471
>>
>>30409515
>>
>>30410123
>>
I summon you Pleeny!
>>
>>30415375
This
>>
>>30415375
>>30416399
Try again in 10 hours
>>
>>30416903
Ok
>>
wow
>>
What the fuck is going on today? New threads?
>>
>>30419151
Movie trailer
>>
File: 154monpon.png (340KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
154monpon.png
340KB, 1000x800px
>>30406306
>>30404834
>>30404129
>>30404059
>>30403892
“Huh?” You squint your eyes “What’s that white thing over there?” You point at a white dot toward the horizon.
“Eh… Doesn’t look like another Dromaius I think.” Fangs comments “But it’s just way too far anyway.”
“Anyway, I’m not feeling like checking it right now.” You say with a yawn. “Tomorrow, for me.”
“Ma, I’ll go check it out.” Tori declares. “Just to be sure. It won’t take me long.”

The tengu flies in the direction of the unknown object. Meanwhile, you start to prepare your stay for the night. You’ve taken the decision to use that crepe to spend the cool night. To make sure you don’t end up with an uncomfortable amount of grease on your scale and to mask the sweet smell of pastry, you first coat it with a little dirt and some grass.
The result is surprisingly comfy.
While you were giving your sweet bedroll a try, Tori comes back.

“Oy, I got to that thing.” The blue bird annouces “It’s some sort of elephant skeleton, but somepony put some tarps inside it to make a shelter. Datte, I don’t know if there’s anypony inside right now. There wasn’t anything moving.”
“Are you sure it’s a hut and not an emu this time?” Froth teasingly asks.
“Yes! It’s hontonni a hut this time.” Your friend blurts “I double-checked. It’s a couple of miles away!”

>What do?
>>
>>30419227
Let go check it out before we go to sleep.
>>
>>30419227
Go check it out with her, keep your guard up also.
>>
Things came up. See you tomorrow.
Sorry
>>
>>30419227
I am sure it will still be there in the morning. Go to sleep.
>>
>>30419227
Well I guess we can go there then?
>>
>>30419227
Check it out before we do our crepesnek sleepytime
>>
Bepis
>>
>>30427524
Please read global rule number 6
>>
File: 155monpon.png (131KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
155monpon.png
131KB, 1000x800px
>>30424286
>>30420234
>>30420216
>>30419723
>>30419319
“Sleep will have to wait, then.” You declare, much to Fangs’ annoyance.
“Huh, and what about dinner?” Froth retorts, worried.
“Umm… we can eat while we go there.”

The news seems to reassure your sister a little, and it’s while gnawing on your food stock that you travel to the next curiosity in sight. It takes you a while, and the sky is nearly completely dark when you arrive. As Tori described it, you’re facing the skeleton of a beast which has been made into some sort of tent. The Steppe is still completely silent.

“Yabai, Faze-san.” Tori mutters a complain in your ear. “I’m no night owl. I can’t see a thing!”
The truth is, you can’t see much more either.
Your sense of smell, however, is formal. This hut smells like fresh diamond dog.

>What do?
>>
See you tomorrow
>>
>>30428496
Let's whisper.
So girls. It looks like there are some diamond dogs here. Their intent is questionable.
>I don’t know if there’s anypony inside right now. There wasn’t anything moving.
Maybe they decided to hit the hay early. On the chance that did hear us upon approach and didn't see us, they would only hear Tori and maybe think she's crazy?
Let's go take a peak. If there is no one inside then I suggest hiding in the tall grass and wait to see if anyone returns. Each head can take turns keeping watch...

Or if that's too much work then we can claim the den for ourselves.
>>
>>30428505
S-see you later
>>
>>30428505
Despite all my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage.
>>
>>30428496
For once I agree with the guy who keeps telling us to leave our stealth artifact behind.

Leave it a little behind us and call out to whoever is inside the tent.
>>
>>30431221
>>30428496
Or just have Tori do it.
Wait what if they're evil?
>>
>>30431221
There's a reason why we have another person with us. What if we bought radios? That would kind of bypass the artifacts affects to a degree.
>>
>>30428496
>This hut smells like fresh diamond dog.
So they might be in there or returning shortly. Go hide and wait.

So do all the heads have to rest at the same time, or are can one head stay awake at a time? Because that would be a useful defense mechanism to watch out for more dangerous predators.
>>
>>30431221
This.
>>
Bump waifu hydra edition
Thread posts: 161
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.